WvW no more WvW

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: evilgab.8517

evilgab.8517

I play WvW since october 2012 as commander and i can assure you that WvW is no more the one that was at the start,and i give you the two main reasons:

1 – Only GvG, all the guilds runs untagged because they are too scared to gather some low level players (now called “rallybot”).
So if a person that do not wants to be in a WvW guild but wants to enjoy WvW after some PvE, he cannot play as it was at the starts, commanders can’t command at peak times because they would gather 5/10 ppl, even if the map has a queue, so ppl that plays only at peak times will ragequit immediatly.

2 – Too much people plays in the different region wrt where they leave (for example canadians plays in FR servers,mexicans plays in SP server,Americans plays in EU servers and EU plays in American servers).
So if for example an EU server that has defended with honor their borderland all the evening, this will be useless because one of the two enemy server has an American guild of 40+ that during night in EU (that is evening in America more or less) will wipe everything.

So i would ask you to take into account the following two modifications (the first one is really easy to implement, i can assure you as computer engineer, you could do it in few minutes if you want):
- Add regional filters ;
- Implement a GvG ladder system plus dedicated GvG map ad there were in Gw1, so the guilds that are scared to lead random people can do their raids there instead of use WvW slots.

Actually i don’t think you care really about WvW (or maybe you simply never play WvW), since you used 2 years to notice that the garrison water gate does not contest the waypoint and does not reinforce with the upgrades…..

If you want additional tips on how to make the WvW side of Gw2 better,feel free to ask me, i’ll be happy to help you on improve the WvW for real (i don’t want rewards or thanks,just contact me through email).

Cheers,
Tifa

Tifa Eg Lockhart
Leader of Villani Maleducati [VM]
Former Commander of Underworld

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Wow these are amazing ideas!

Can’t believe no one has suggested them before.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

OP should transfer to an NA server. NA servers are quite pug friendly, which generally results in less skillful play, but much more shenanigans

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

To be honest I don’t understand why there isn’ta ddedicated option for guilds to battle on a game called guild wars.

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

OP should transfer to an NA server. NA servers are quite pug friendly, which generally results in less skillful play, but much more shenanigans

lol half the time I end up feeling like the only reason BG does as well as we do is because our commanders know how to herd the pugs like pros.

“A large guild group incoming!? Go my horde of rando guys and win us a victory when all logic says we shouldn’t”

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sagacity.4316

Sagacity.4316

“plus dedicated GvG map.”

Soon as that happens ^ WvW would probably be tumble weed. Which would be a great disappointment to the vast amounts of people like me who play WvW most evening for 3 – 4 hours and Rep a Guild and are active on TS but don’t rep a dedicated WvW Guild due to not being able to play in most guilds prime time events “6pm- 9pm”

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

“A large guild group incoming!? Go my horde of rando guys and win us a victory when all logic says we shouldn’t”

Any PuG commander that turns his herd away from a fight with a guild group is a kitten and needs to untag forever.

Assuming of course his group at least matches the numbers of the guild group somewhat.

It might be a suicide but even suicide is more fun than running from every fight where there is at least 1% chance of losing.

One – Piken Square

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

so the guilds that are scared to lead random people can do their raids there instead of use WvW slots.

I kittening hate the type of player that offers this argument, thinking the game should revolve around their casual style. It usually involves the stubbornness of an individual to make changes themselves, as it does with you here.

There are plenty of servers where the pug (you) and the build are both catered for. You have had an opportunity for free transfers to move and make a positive change, did u?

I think you leaving wvw is good for wvw.

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

To be honest I don’t understand why there isn’ta ddedicated option for guilds to battle on a game called guild wars.

You are such a lore nub. You make me sick…..

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

So i would ask you to take into account the following two modifications (the first one is really easy to implement, i can assure you as computer engineer, you could do it in few minutes if you want)

I got to that bit and then LMFAO! You do know you are talking to Anet devs right?

As for commanders commanding pugs this is what happens.

Cmd: “Hey you 10 pugs, I’ll lead you and we can then take a few objectives”
Pugs: “Sure let’s go”
Guild Group 1: “Hey commander, we’re calling it a night, a few of us are gonna stay on and join you”
Cmd: “Sure”
Guild Group 2: “Hey commander, we’re calling it a night, a few of us are gonna stay on and join you”
Cmd: “OK”
Guild Group 3: “Hey commander, we’re calling it a night, a few of us are gonna stay on and join you”
Cmd: “………..”
Guild Group 4: “Hey commander, we’re calling it a night, a few of us are gonna stay on and join you”
Cmd: “There’s at least 50 of us now, cant someone else with a commander tag lead half?”

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

(edited by Omaris Mortuus Est.2738)

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

1 – Only GvG, all the guilds runs untagged because they are too scared to gather some low level players (now called “rallybot”).
So if a person that do not wants to be in a WvW guild but wants to enjoy WvW after some PvE, he cannot play as it was at the starts, commanders can’t command at peak times because they would gather 5/10 ppl, even if the map has a queue, so ppl that plays only at peak times will ragequit immediatly.

It’s really not difficult to work out where the guild groups are: use the white/orange swords (and watch for locations flipping to your colour with no commander nearby). I do that sometimes if one of the better guild groups is online, or if I’m not a fan of the current commander.

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

That god we have EotM. place is like beta weekend 24/7.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

WvW no more WvW

in WvW

Posted by: evilgab.8517

evilgab.8517

It’s really not difficult to work out where the guild groups are: use the white/orange swords (and watch for locations flipping to your colour with no commander nearby). I do that sometimes if one of the better guild groups is online, or if I’m not a fan of the current commander.

Yep i try to do that in fact and after the fight the guild group will say like “you noob people don’t follow us we are doing a closed raid” even if i move better then half of them without teamspeak…i’m always on eotm nowdays…and is such an unbalanced place with greens that always outnumbers everyone,luckily 80% of them are hodor and i enjoy to lead them to the downed state ‘;..;’

Tifa Eg Lockhart
Leader of Villani Maleducati [VM]
Former Commander of Underworld