WvW participation change request.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

limit participation gained from PvE portions like camp capping to t3. after that participation can only be gained and maintained via player kills. (or participation from squad <3 them scouts).

Alternative

Kills grant bonus participation and % of a pip. such as 1 tagged enemy kill is 1% of a pip and spikes grant 5% final blow 2%

in WvW

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

A request needs a reason behind it, for them to even consider making a change like this.

What’s wrong with how it is now?

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

A request needs a reason behind it, for them to even consider making a change like this.

you can get rewards at the same rate by wasting supply in SMC by repairing a section of the wall every 10 minutes as you can by being the top damage dealer in the main group.

If thats not wrong i dont know what is.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

And who decides when repairing a wall is “waste of supplies”? You forget that WvW is NOT just about killing enemies or we could simply remove all the objectives, make small arena and brawl in there whole day. For many, repairing the wall or taking the camps is the point of WvW.

Also, doing damage in a group is not really difficult if all you want is more damage, but are you actually doing much to help the group? Because for a group to win fights it may be much more important to get boons up or corrupt enemy boons or heal or do other stuff beside pure damage.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So what happens on a border where one side has 10 players that wont fight and the reason being that the other side has a 70 man monoblob that wont split up. Nobody gets participation? Nobody plays WvW?

Lovely. Everytime someone would go into WvW it would be like “can someone please cap that camp? kitten no never I dont get participation and I risk giving participation to enemy players” jumps around on a wall going lolololol at enemy players and then leave the objective as soon as they are in so they dont get any pips

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

nobody is concerned on enemy team getting pips they are concerned with getting pips themselves. the most efficient way of getting that is to be the scout/roamer to collect participation from the squad.

in WvW

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

you can get rewards at the same rate by wasting supply in SMC by repairing a section of the wall every 10 minutes as you can by being the top damage dealer in the main group.

If thats not wrong i dont know what is.

So what you are saying is repairing shouldn’t count towards participation? lol

Also it’s only 5 mins..

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

im saying repairing shouldnt keep you at t6 participation t3 to get pips is fine but dont give full box progression and actively reward people who are actively playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

And you are saying that capping towers and keeps and camps and SMC is just PvE.

Of course some of the ways to promote people to come out or to get them to come to your borderland is to take their stuff. But hey.. I guess you can just bounce from BL to BL hoping to find the other group.

While we are at it, just remove PPK because that is only about score and the score doesn’t matter. It’s all about the fights.

And force WP of dead players. So when you die you immediately re spawn- at spawn. No pin sniping will happen there.

Camps, towers and keeps are vital. Crack them open to get them to fight. Quit trying to penalize people for playing the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I don’t know what kind of camps you’re flipping, but I’m always getting into fights with other players near camps.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Here’s a suggestion :

Turn all the BL’s into PvE areas, where players can’t fight each others. Let the structures be flipped by packs of players once in a while to get participation to full T3.
When you get to full T3, you get an invitation to the VIP area : a new all flat map with a fancy circle of dancing quaggan in the middle where you’ll be allowed to only fight other players.

/sarcasm mode off.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I don’t know what kind of camps you’re flipping, but I’m always getting into fights with other players near camps.

Obviously he isn’t.

Or more likely he is just having hurt feelings over the people sitting is spam waiting for spawn camp to open…

It’s annoying as heck, but people need to get over it. It seems his first statement isn’t accurate: ‘people don’t care about others getting pips’ which is really what this post is about. It would appear that the OP wants people to only get pips the way he thinks they should.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

nobody is concerned on enemy team getting pips they are concerned with getting pips themselves. the most efficient way of getting that is to be the scout/roamer to collect participation from the squad.

You are just concerned with the pips your team gets?

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Obviously he isn’t.

Or more likely he is just having hurt feelings over the people sitting is spam waiting for spawn camp to open…

It’s annoying as heck, but people need to get over it. It seems his first statement isn’t accurate: ‘people don’t care about others getting pips’ which is really what this post is about. It would appear that the OP wants people to only get pips the way he thinks they should.

At least a third of the time people try to stop me even in spawn camps.

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

A change like this would punish a huge majoirty of people. A lot of servers don’t have many people during off peak hours. So when they roam they may not see a group for a very long time to fight. They still flip they still defend they work their hardest to keep the server afloat during those hours. If you would change the way the pips work participation wise then it will punish and hurt the off hour people.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Seriously?? I am sorry but this is terrible idea? You obviously do not understand all the elements to WvW. If you had done your research you would know this by now…

in WvW

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

So whats stopping some one from making a gw2 free account just to go get killed by there main in wvw over and over ?

in WvW

Posted by: GrackFields.7805

GrackFields.7805

This is an incredibly short sighted idea. Why do you want to limit participation? You want to eliminate rewards to only things that benefit you? You want to solve the issue of people sitting around waiting to cap camps and not helping out elsewhere? Why do you think people are sitting around?

This is a game mode problem, not a rewards problem. Eliminate rewards or make them harder to get and less people will show up to play. The rewards are the dangling carrot to get people there. The fun of the game mode is what is supposed to get them to stay. The unfortunate problem is that for a lot of people the game mode lacks things which people find fun. There still needs to be the rewards which bring people there in the first place. Marking participation harder to obtain and maintain is just shooting yourself in the foot.

I am someone who had all but quit the game before the pips were implemented. I played once a week on Saturdays doing casual guild wvw raid, we sucked but it was a social event.

Pips were implemented and were the dangling carrot, I was doing diamond on multiple accounts. I have made some legendary armor and just last week completed warbringer. When I completed warbringer it finally hit me, I wasn’t playing because it was fun, I was playing for the rewards. So then I quit again.

IMO you are focusing your attention in the wrong direction. wvw needs new ideas to make it fresh and fun. That and better class balance. I’m sure some people find condi fun but their inability to balance condi is what ultimately killed the game for me. Splitting WvW balance completely separate from PvE would allow them to do this but it appears to be something they are against doing.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The OP is just another post proclaiming how others should play the game.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

limit participation gained from PvE portions like camp capping to t3. after that participation can only be gained and maintained via player kills. (or participation from squad <3 them scouts).

Alternative

Kills grant bonus participation and % of a pip. such as 1 tagged enemy kill is 1% of a pip and spikes grant 5% final blow 2%

Short answer: NO

This ONLY rewards zergs and blobs. There are other dedicated WvW’rs that aren’t zerglings.

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

I see not a single one of you are familiar with squad participation. that solves literally ever single person telling me i dont know what im talking about.

Then again maybe your just kittenting because your the one subafk shoving resources into a wall facing a treb. I however prefer players that are actively participating get rewarded greater than those that are watching game of thrones. Scouts and camp guards are always welcome to squad participation for that exact reason.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So if there’s no tag and no squad, what? Just abandon the map? No. Anything that bolsters the idea that the only way to play is to blob or scout for one makes WvW worse. The existing system is not perfect, but no system — including the OP’s suggestion — will be.

in WvW

Posted by: GrackFields.7805

GrackFields.7805

I don’t think you convincing anyone with your stance of:

Your not familiar with the game, I want greater rewards for playing the game in my own little eco system and anyone who doesn’t conform to that deserves to be punished.

Please make a compelling arguement about why rewards should be reduced for playing outside of a zerg and when doing so consider cascading effects.

For example, if a person is casually playing wvw for rewards, is not a fan of zerging, and prefers to run around near their spawn, recap camps, sentries, and fight off people trying to take them. If you inhibit their ability to gain rewards by doing so they are faced with several options. Accept reduced rewards, leave the game mode in favour of a place giving greater rewards, or join the zerg, as it appears you want everyone to do.

None of these options are favourable. It is not anets objective to drive people away from the game mode nor is it their objective to perscribe how people play within the game mode. That is the precise reason there are many different ways to gain participation.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I see not a single one of you are familiar with squad participation. that solves literally ever single person telling me i dont know what im talking about.

Then again maybe your just kittenting because your the one subafk shoving resources into a wall facing a treb. I however prefer players that are actively participating get rewarded greater than those that are watching game of thrones. Scouts and camp guards are always welcome to squad participation for that exact reason.

Lol.. No. what it means is YOU want to control all of their actions because you know best. And if they don’t do what YOU want, you will kick them from your shared participation slot. Which would be your right, and I would agree with your right to do just that.

But we DO know about the shared participation slot. Again, reading your OP and the last one, this is clearly about your control.

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The OP is just another post proclaiming how others should play the game.

This. 15 characters

in WvW

Malerian.8435

Dude give it up! Like you are digging a deeper hole man. Different people play WvW differently. I stay active personally. But who cares if someone enjoys repairing keep walls? Maybe they are doing that to help their server? Maybe they are scouts that do not like free participation, and feel like they should at least do something else? Who cares if they are pip farming? It does not affect you at all! So why so much hate toward others?

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Dude give it up! Like you are digging a deeper hole man. Different people play WvW differently. I stay active personally. But who cares if someone enjoys repairing keep walls? Maybe they are doing that to help their server? Maybe they are scouts that do not like free participation, and feel like they should at least do something else? Who cares if they are pip farming? It does not affect you at all! So why so much hate toward others?

Because mindless “need 3 times the number of my enemies or I will not fight” zerglings. Always need more numbers. This is just OP’s desperate attempt at somewhat trying to achieve this goal.

A few days ago my guild had a group of 27 of us. Wiping 2 full different MAG guild blobs at a tower in EBG. The battle raged on for over 5 to 7 minutes of this tower. We held strong without demanding others to join us. We won the battle and defended the tower. We did this at the same tower two days in a row.

TL/DR OP stop leaning on overwhelming numbers to solve your problems and learn to play. That is one of the biggest problem plaguing WvW today. You people rather just stack servers/numbers and omni-blob to the point the enemy has no chance at providing a fight, or bust. Learn to play OP and let others play there own way.

Live and let live.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

I’m a little disheartened by how many threads have been made by players who just want to punish people.

Zergs looking for fights absolutely depend upon scouts, roamers, defenders, etc. Who do you think are flipping sentries, retaking camps, protecting supply lines, reporting enemy movements, refreshing siege, picking off enemy roamers, flipping frogs/dredge, getting your server bloodlust, etc., while you are sweeping across the plains like a majestic herd of wildebeest following your commander?

So what if they are also watching television? The jobs still need to be done, and you obviously think those jobs are beneath you. Why do you want to punish other people for being the support squad for your zerg? Yeah, it is boring as hell. If someone is going to be watching GoT, I would rather they were doing it while refreshing siege, so the tower isn’t bare when it needs defense.

in WvW

Malerian.8435

I’m a little disheartened by how many threads have been made by players who just want to punish people.

Zergs looking for fights absolutely depend upon scouts, roamers, defenders, etc. Who do you think are flipping sentries, retaking camps, protecting supply lines, reporting enemy movements, refreshing siege, picking off enemy roamers, flipping frogs/dredge, getting your server bloodlust, etc., while you are sweeping across the plains like a majestic herd of wildebeest following your commander?

So what if they are also watching television? The jobs still need to be done, and you obviously think those jobs are beneath you. Why do you want to punish other people for being the support squad for your zerg? Yeah, it is boring as hell. If someone is going to be watching GoT, I would rather they were doing it while refreshing siege, so the tower isn’t bare when it needs defense.

But this is common sense… How dare you bring common sense into the equation.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Sounds like a bad attempt to bolster mindless blobbing, and nothing more.

The OP doesn’t have the foresight to understand discouraging players through truncated rewards on “low priority” objectives means NOBODY will engage them.

This suggestion is as short-sighted as it is selfish.

in WvW

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

But this is common sense… How dare you bring common sense into the equation.

I know, I must be crazy.

I just want the punishment brigade to look at it from another point of view. We have all been on runs where commanders have to pull a zerg all the way across the map on a supply run, or seen towers/camps/keeps that can’t upgrade because every yak is getting murdered at birth. The defenders and roamers COULD be logged out entirely, doing actual real life things for their multitasking enjoyment. Instead, they are choosing to do wvw’s boring, unglamorous, no bags dirty work. kitten straight they should be rewarded. They enable the zerg to skip the dull stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

While I primarily roam, I do run with the zerg on occasion. Actively running with the zerg is always more rewarding than actively solo roaming. Yes, they get the same amount of pips and reward track progress, but the zerg player gets considerably more loot, experience, and karma.

in WvW

Malerian.8435

The only time I am not really active is in the middle of the night when I log on cause I can not sleep. So then I just Treb SMC to kitten the enemy off. As a side result I do get some pips and such. But it is mostly to kitten off the enemy lol