Request more communications [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

In a boring condition loving match right now, thought I’d give pvp a try. That game mode is just as worse. I can see why people find both wvw and pvp boring/frustrating. Both game modes just are not fun.

I think its more than wvw they don’t give a crap about Nikki, the entire game is getting really awful.

You should seriously give BDO a try. its 10 bucks now so what have you got to lose? I’m actually in a guild in that game composed mostly of former GW2 wvw players. There’s actually alot of former GW2 players in that game. there’s another guild of them we see occasionally that came from gw2 who named themselves “The Condi Meta” just to mock the state of wvw here.

Actually a few friends at work are mentioning they converged to BDO and are liking it. I’ll give that one a shot, thanks

Uggg if it was not the grind in that game for its pvp… but then agen now with legendary armor being raids only gw2 not so far off these days.

You could probably get full TET gear in less time, doing less boring pve than it would take to get legendary armor, then have actual guild wars in a game that supports guilds and actually fixes crap that’s broken unike anet (condi mes being brokenly overpowered for the past 4 years and they still keep freaking buffing it with every patch for the sake of pve.)

Did you just started BDO or what the kitten you talking about? Seems to me that you haven’t played game more that couple hours. BDO is probably most broken mmo that i have ever played.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

And not one Dev has even said anything about this post. So sad! I wish there were hope in the future. But atm it sure seems bleak….

I realize it is their policy to not talk about things they are working on as they “do not want to disappoint us”. But I would rather know they are actually working on something, so we know that WvW is not being completely neglected as it seems to be atm.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

What concerns me the most is the fact that they don’t listen at all. Yes there has been a little period where Anet would ask the majority of wvw players oppinion, listening to the wrong side and ask the ppt players what they’d like to see, instead of the fighting side of things…

And yet after that there hasn’t been a single poll… with the most recent balance patch there has been an significant mold to the wvw scene… the stealth trapper condi thief… for weeks the wvw community was begging anet to fix the problem… not a single reply or response that anet was working on a way to fix the addressed issue…

And yet, the MINUTE word got out that he was killing slothasor SOLO… instant fix…

I am wondering why… arena net has a team working on wvw related releases, but are they working like Slothasor? every 20 lines of coding they fall a sleep? what is happening to wvw isn’t something new…. and yet they STILL aren’t able to resolve long lasting issues… their only response is: “THIS YEAR”

We should be giving this guy gold and gems to solo pve things on broken HoT classes IMO. He may be our hope to getting class balance.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Sorry for my last post, wasn’t thinking before typing.

Alright, so, and this is just me and my thoughts, WvW is about PvP on a larger scale, capturing objectives, defending your lands and its structures from invaders, and ensuring this by eliminating any threats along the way, such as enemy players. Does WvW need a source to get Legendary Armor to do these things? I wouldn’t say so, being able to swap stats, is what attracts most to getting it, but beyond added pretty pixels, LArmor, is not required to do this. Just like Ascended armor is not required outside of high-tier fractals.

What it boils down to is flexibility, both sides WvW/PvE are deserving of this, and LArmor provides just that, do I feel LArmor being tied to only PvE content(Raids) as fair? No, but it doesn’t make it impossible for people who aren’t used to the content or abhor it like the plague.

If you want it, you will work for it, whatever it takes, getting out of ones comfort zone is the hard part of this, and tying it to one source doesn’t automatically say, “Anet is ignoring us, PANIC!!!”

Have a good day.

Apparently you aren’t in YB WvW when there are no more than four to six players for over six hours.

You must be an NA player who never sees any other time and their absolutely empty maps.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I certainly have noticed the lack of numbers as of late, be that because of the current state of WvW or certain guilds falling apart, who knows, I just know some real attention needs to be shown towards people who prefer WvW over anything else, or the last nail will be driven into the WvW coffin, and you’ll see no one out there.

I’m a bit more surprised that every server but BG is open in NA currently. I rarely look at the wiki site, but it looks like people are moving on. Then again summer is here and the game mode is yawn. Stack all the other annoying features equals dead mode

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Alright, so, and this is just me and my thoughts, WvW is about PvP on a larger scale, capturing objectives, defending your lands and its structures from invaders, and ensuring this by eliminating any threats along the way, such as enemy players. Does WvW need a source to get Legendary Armor to do these things? I wouldn’t say so, being able to swap stats, is what attracts most to getting it, but beyond added pretty pixels, LArmor, is not required to do this. Just like Ascended armor is not required outside of high-tier fractals.

What it boils down to is flexibility, both sides WvW/PvE are deserving of this, and LArmor provides just that, do I feel LArmor being tied to only PvE content(Raids) as fair? No, but it doesn’t make it impossible for people who aren’t used to the content or abhor it like the plague.

If you want it, you will work for it, whatever it takes, getting out of ones comfort zone is the hard part of this, and tying it to one source doesn’t automatically say, “Anet is ignoring us, PANIC!!!”

Have a good day.

Apparently you aren’t in YB WvW when there are no more than four to six players for over six hours.

Whatever happened to that super duper pugmander over there (DK) who used to pull all nighters against BG just because he could.

He finally quit too ?

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Have a good day.

Whatever happened to that super duper pugmander over there (DK) who used to pull all nighters against BG just because he could.

He finally quit too ?

Not to de-rail the thread, but yeah, he hasn’t been on for several months, last I knew, he was off to a different game. I am in the EST timezone and do usually play in the mornings to afternoon, but, WvW does seem to be a lot more empty on my server.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

In a boring condition loving match right now, thought I’d give pvp a try. That game mode is just as worse. I can see why people find both wvw and pvp boring/frustrating. Both game modes just are not fun.

I think its more than wvw they don’t give a crap about Nikki, the entire game is getting really awful.

You should seriously give BDO a try. its 10 bucks now so what have you got to lose? I’m actually in a guild in that game composed mostly of former GW2 wvw players. There’s actually alot of former GW2 players in that game. there’s another guild of them we see occasionally that came from gw2 who named themselves “The Condi Meta” just to mock the state of wvw here.

Gave BDO a try when it launched. Did not like it even a little bit. Might try Crowfall when it launches, and hopefully CU when(if) it launches. GW2 WvW isn’t without hope, but it certainly is in decline.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Have a good day.

He finally quit too ?

Not to de-rail the thread, but yeah, he hasn’t been on for several months, last I knew, he was off to a different game. I am in the EST timezone and do usually play in the mornings to afternoon, but, WvW does seem to be a lot more empty on my server.

I’m pretty sure he left to play Overwatch. I haven’t seen him on in awhile either. Most of our good commanders left awhile ago. I think Rheayas left the game as well.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I still really enjoy the game mode. I wish there were some new changes but there will always be a meta and some people won’t like it no matter what. Some people won’t like a new map no matter what. Some won’t be happy no matter how often Anet puts out messages. People are going to be unhappy no matter what. The game is getting older and older so the flare of many wvwer’s will die out, but it’s not totally due to lack of changes.

That is a terrible block of text op. Reads like a river of tears too.

Truth is either ignored, dismissed or acknowledged.

People are leaving WvW and the game… Anyone with a contact list over two years old knows this.

That’s how every single game ever made goes.

I think the WvW decline goes beyond just simple ageing of the game.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

for me this is the deciding factor

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Gave BDO a try when it launched. Did not like it even a little bit. Might try Crowfall when it launches, and hopefully CU when(if) it launches. GW2 WvW isn’t without hope, but it certainly is in decline.

I think most ppl are putting there hopes and dreams on CU more then any thing.

I realty tried to def wvw for a good 5 years but there something different this time HoT at least tried to do something all though its gear over all and elite spec messed up the balance to a point and made it raids only balancing. The next expansion seems to be only rewards that wvw getting. There just nothing left i cant def wvw any more.

I don’t see new gear combos working out well in wvw i don’t see new foods power creep that they just added in working well i do not see the new elites spec working out well and the lack of any real thing to look forward to make it feel like wvw is on its death bed.

Give me something Anet that is wvw aimed out side of a reward track that feels like its more passively added in. Do they even have wvw devs any more or has it gone into zomby mood like it sounds like spvp will be doing soon and has been done for gw1.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Camelot Unchained – been killing WvW so hard since people first said it was going to kill WvW 4 years ago its approaching negative death.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Camelot Unchained – been killing WvW so hard since people first said it was going to kill WvW 4 years ago its approaching negative death.

Because GW2 and every other MMO were produced in 6 months…

Not that he said anything about killing WvW anyway, Anet have done a fine job of that all by themselves.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Problem is that they are giving us PVE crap thinking that will solve the issue.
New reward tracks and maps filles with enviroment gimmicks wont do kitten for us.
We need ppl who understand the concept of WvWvW means.
It seems like they dont know the meaning of that.
Whoever joins that game mode is looking for figths.
Being that massive fights or roamers. We need ppl who actually plays these type of stuff to work as wvw dev.
It seems like the devs working on wvw are the ones from story mode. So they just add rewards as they had beem doing on their previous area.
But then again, they probrably just dont care enough that it isnt working.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Looking back at it, I’ve found myself playing less since they linked servers. No one talks about the guest servers anymore, it’s always the host server name that is used. I know that many people don’t care and just transfer around but it is server-loyal players who stay on in hard times because their server needs them. Take away the server and you take away the incentive for players like me.

The second problem I see is that WvW is not a nice place for new players. It’s very hard for a new player to get into WvW and learn how to play without getting squashed so often they say “kitten this” and drop out. In PvP tournaments Anet attempts to match the top ranked players against similar abilities, and even this brings salty posts about mismatched fights. In WvW there’s no matching algorithm and new players are likely to run into experienced, well equipped players quite often. Very few who get persistently beaten will return to fight the same odds, so few new players stick around and the total population declines faster than it grows.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Because GW2 and every other MMO were produced in 6 months…

Not that he said anything about killing WvW anyway, Anet have done a fine job of that all by themselves.

GW2: and most other MMOs released over the last 5 years didn’t have the dubious and with no end in sight, “kick starter” funding behind them…

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I certainly have noticed the lack of numbers as of late, be that because of the current state of WvW or certain guilds falling apart, who knows, I just know some real attention needs to be shown towards people who prefer WvW over anything else, or the last nail will be driven into the WvW coffin, and you’ll see no one out there.

less players on WvW means several issues solved for Anet…

no more QQ about how awfull Anet is at balance the game (wich actually they are one of the worst companies at doing it, they cant even find a balance from pve skill design that makes pvp good)
no more lag QQ
no more link QQ
no more krtain QQ since every one will be on winning servers ktraining empty maps just like gw2 players liek effort.

so… Anet is hoppign gw2 WvW fixes itself.
no more QQ means WvW is fixed.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: cobbah.3102

cobbah.3102

These WvW forums are a waste of typing if you want to get any response at all I suggest you post in the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum after all WvW is part of the game and was touted as such ,then you know they will read it they respond in that forum all the time

in WvW

Jski.6180

These WvW forums are a waste of typing if you want to get any response at all I suggest you post in the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum after all WvW is part of the game and was touted as such ,then you know they will read it they respond in that forum all the time

Hay you know reddit where the dev realty respond to ppl. The dev even said wvw in the AMA that a lot more that been said on these forms. As in they just made one sentences about wvw and that it.

“We like Skirmishes and are looking to support this with rewards in the future. In general, for WvW, our priorities are rewards and ascended equipment.”

“I’ll point you to Grant’s earlier response: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/68vw84/flashpoint_devs_here_ask_us_anything/dh1pd3l/

ETA: This year."

And then a link to that same comment so wvw is saved right?

Why do i get the feeling slamming one head on these forms is truly pointless. Unless your talking about clipping then they are all ears.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Legendary-Armor-Backpiece-Attach-Point/first

Only if a vote was “stop wasting your time with pointless things your game is dying.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

If we dont get any exciting news as far as wvwvw updates goes Myself and quite a few of my friends will be moving on to different games.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in WvW

Jski.6180

I think it comes down to make nose during there steam and AMA. There a lot of wvw players it should not take too many to push this issue and make them say something a bit more hard on what going on here.

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

I decided last night I’m basically done with GW2. Why would I invest any more time or money in a game mode that has no future. Add to that being linked to a sever I detest and getting the DBL week after week after week, I’m finished with Anet. We’ve gotten almost nothing from them in regards to the multitude of wvw issues, and their silence speaks for itself.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

(edited by Blodeuyn.2751)

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

If we dont get any exciting news as far as wvwvw updates goes Myself and quite a few of my friends will be moving on to different games.

reward system is the next thing getting touched

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

WvW does seem a bit more quieter lately. Could be the matchup I’m currently in that isn’t very fun at all, but seems a bit lower on the numbers.

Anecdotally my impresssion is that the player base is declining every day.

Well I don’t know what servers you both play on, but on the one im on, ive watched commanders from my home world berate and belittle players from the linked server, commanders refusing to tag up, because they don’t like x y z, just the other day there was a commander on EBG who outright said to the group following him, " f*** o** this is a training raid" yes a training raid with 8 people in EBG against the zerg of 50, good game.

I have watched this progressively get worse over the last few weeks to the point where the numbers on the map are getting smaller and smaller, then the players/guilds who berated/belittled the players are then crying they cant get numbers on fight the enemy,

Anet may have neglected WvW for the most part, but its not all them, the players themselves are a big reason why people are leaving.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Only if would split skills from pve and wvw that would go a long way.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

The only way to do that in Anet eyes and brain is make WVW spvp alike with the trinket system as well, wich is no sense, that low set of stats would make power creep stacking even worse since most classes woudl end with less defense and less Hp.

In theory classes dont have to have skills for each mode, one skill if well coded can have its efects changed, its not like Anet says “we need to create another skill” even the radious can be setting on the same skill….

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Jski.6180

The only way to do that in Anet eyes and brain is make WVW spvp alike with the trinket system as well, wich is no sense, that low set of stats would make power creep stacking even worse since most classes woudl end with less defense and less Hp.

In theory classes dont have to have skills for each mode, one skill if well coded can have its efects changed, its not like Anet says “we need to create another skill” even the radious can be setting on the same skill….

My thoughts are make the skill split with spvp to a point (wvw skills need to be more aoe aimed where spvp skills need to be more low aoe aimed) but keep gear as is. The trick is to re balances every thing when in wvw to be exotic level. This means you can have the best gear in wvw with out killing your self in pve and it leave room for adding in exotic level legendarily armor that can you swap on the fly and swap runes out (with out losing the old ones) and not infringes on the raiders armor tread mill.

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

This post isn’t ment to be negative but more of a critic. The WvW needs to hear from you guys (Anet Devs) more often on the Subject of WvW not PvE or PvP. Just by giving us feedback whether its good or bad is what we need.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Here man…listen to this, it’ll cheer you up.

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

This is about the only response we can expect.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Tbh I am not so sure that CU will be anything “more” than a different game than GW2. Seems to be moving at a snail’s pace. Slower than other AAA MMO’s I’ve followed.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

What concerns me the most is the fact that they don’t listen at all. Yes there has been a little period where Anet would ask the majority of wvw players oppinion, listening to the wrong side and ask the ppt players what they’d like to see, instead of the fighting side of things…

What makes the PPT players’ opinions less valid than those of the FITE FITE FITE players, exactly? Both are supposed to be important parts of the mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Pointless listen players who try to play game mode wrong way.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

When that happens, I think Anet will then realize where the majority of their income came from.

A-Net actually has the metrics and numbers and knows exactly where the majority of their income is coming from and that is probably the reason why we have so much glider skins and why they are working on a second expansion.

(edited by Zok.4956)

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

This is about the only response we can expect.

I was thinking of this….but crickets work too.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

But that would involve them listening which they are strongly against.
That will be 500 gems please.
Or feel free to try our raid content we are forcing out for a population smaller than the wvw community.
Have a nice day.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

My thoughts are make the skill split with spvp to a point (wvw skills need to be more aoe aimed where spvp skills need to be more low aoe aimed) but keep gear as is. The trick is to re balances every thing when in wvw to be exotic level. This means you can have the best gear in wvw with out killing your self in pve and it leave room for adding in exotic level legendarily armor that can you swap on the fly and swap runes out (with out losing the old ones) and not infringes on the raiders armor tread mill.

I do understand your point but i dont agree with one point there, making everything more aoeish is a big mistake and it would incrase the server load and increase power creep and its very unskilled gameplay it will make who has more numbers to win faster.

Tho the AOE in this game could be better(improved) by making the basic atack skills w/o cleave, that would make AOE classes more valuable and by increasing the area of some spells(add blizzard to elementalist as well for chill similiar to metor), create a gameplay where more team effort was nedeed, if players would want to nuke an area they could not relly on auto cleaves but the aoe area spike casters, and i bet this would work for pvp pvp and wvw, the peoblem with this game is that is effortless, to spammy, and to flashy, so adding more aoe stuff would be a mistake if u dont take small part that makes is to much.
Anet could later make some speck that would increase elementalist aoe from 5 to 7 targets trait^^, players could bounce from a trait that would make more damage on some skills or increase the number of targets for example.

Still they dont design stuff witch clever sacrifices… some classes even need what they have to much to be playabale on pve… side….

RIP pvp gamemodes.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

WvW does seem a bit more quieter lately. Could be the matchup I’m currently in that isn’t very fun at all, but seems a bit lower on the numbers.

Anecdotally my impresssion is that the player base is declining every day.

Well I don’t know what servers you both play on, but on the one im on, ive watched commanders from my home world berate and belittle players from the linked server, commanders refusing to tag up, because they don’t like x y z, just the other day there was a commander on EBG who outright said to the group following him, " f*** o** this is a training raid" yes a training raid with 8 people in EBG against the zerg of 50, good game.

I have watched this progressively get worse over the last few weeks to the point where the numbers on the map are getting smaller and smaller, then the players/guilds who berated/belittled the players are then crying they cant get numbers on fight the enemy,

Anet may have neglected WvW for the most part, but its not all them, the players themselves are a big reason why people are leaving.

Those people are everywhere trust me,had the same kind of doof in eb last night.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

This post isn’t ment to be negative but more of a critic. The WvW needs to hear from you guys (Anet Devs) more often on the Subject of WvW not PvE or PvP. Just by giving us feedback whether its good or bad is what we need.

dotn worry Anet will respond with the next expansion class design that will make wvw even more spammy to cattrer mo pve players.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I think threads of this type should be put into the

Inappropriate Forum Topics

in WvW

Jski.6180

I do understand your point but i dont agree with one point there, making everything more aoeish is a big mistake and it would incrase the server load and increase power creep and its very unskilled gameplay it will make who has more numbers to win faster.

Tho the AOE in this game could be better(improved) by making the basic atack skills w/o cleave, that would make AOE classes more valuable and by increasing the area of some spells(add blizzard to elementalist as well for chill similiar to metor), create a gameplay where more team effort was nedeed, if players would want to nuke an area they could not relly on auto cleaves but the aoe area spike casters, and i bet this would work for pvp pvp and wvw, the peoblem with this game is that is effortless, to spammy, and to flashy, so adding more aoe stuff would be a mistake if u dont take small part that makes is to much.
Anet could later make some speck that would increase elementalist aoe from 5 to 7 targets trait^^, players could bounce from a trait that would make more damage on some skills or increase the number of targets for example.

Still they dont design stuff witch clever sacrifices… some classes even need what they have to much to be playabale on pve… side….

RIP pvp gamemodes.

What i am talking about AOE ish is making effects that have icd go on cd per person so skills that have no icd now would get them but be more aimed at hitting more then one person. A lot of effects are made to hit one target and then go on icd that realty dose not work well in wvw.

That the thing you don’t need to add in new skills for your blizzard example you can do that already with glyph of elemental power because its icd is per person not per activation.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

any updates on Hltler Reacts WvW 2017?
or Hltler Reacts GW2 xpac2?
or GW2 dies on xpac2?
or WvW dies on xpac2?

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

(…)

What i am talking about AOE ish is making effects that have icd go on cd per person so skills that have no icd now would get them but be more aimed at hitting more then one person. A lot of effects are made to hit one target and then go on icd that realty dose not work well in wvw.

That the thing you don’t need to add in new skills for your blizzard example you can do that already with glyph of elemental power because its icd is per person not per activation.

ic, and very true, point taken.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I think threads of this type should be put into the

Inappropriate Forum Topics

She didn’t mentioned closing though. Please close all the servers.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Tbh I am not so sure that CU will be anything “more” than a different game than GW2. Seems to be moving at a snail’s pace. Slower than other AAA MMO’s I’ve followed.

For one its not an AAA mmo, for another they are building an engine from scratch.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Krabathor Deus.5432

Krabathor Deus.5432

I remember almost 5 years, I played like 6-7 hours wvw daily, now I play 15-30 minutes. I play almost nothing because the only thing that make me coming back again and again was server loyalty, but Anet kills TC .

Is sad that in almost 5 years, this type of game mode (wvw) didnt grow with the potencial that it has. And the worst thing Anet didn’t care. (Hope I’m wrong and they are working in a big surprise in secret) XD

in WvW

Nikkinella.8254

I hope you’re right. I hope they do decide to finally listen to wvw players and stop balancing around pve and revive this mode. I miss wvw, but there’s no reason to come back at this point. I havent even logged in for about a month now because there are just other games with much better and more balanced pvp. The only thing is that wvw is something really unique to gw2 that no other game quite has. So now i just read the forums and check the patchnotes and hope that someday i’ll have a reason to log in again. Waiting for that big announcement “Pve and WvW are now balanced separately! Conditions have been nerfed!” That’s the only thing that would make me want to come back at this point.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

I hope you’re right. I hope they do decide to finally listen to wvw players

They don’t listen to any players let alone WvW players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

I can’t wait for seperate balance as well. Best example being reaper’s deathly chill 1 stack in PvP but 3 in WvW and PvE. PvP and WvW should share balance if Anet can’t balance for 3 modes. WvW and PvE having the same balancing is stupid, and that comes from a PvE only player that only goes to WvW for easy daillies or Gift of Battle.

Also, PvE balancing doesn’t only destroy stuff in WvW . It goes both ways. I still am a Rev main and they got gutted because of WvW (and chronos) while I was happy running around with mine in PvE. So thanks for that WvW’ers… Also PvE got your ghost thief problem fixed, so feel free to thank us.

PvE balancing every 6 months sucks, but PvE doesn’t really evolve or change all that much, so you can wait for changes. Both PvP and WvW are competitive gamemodes, if something is broken it has to be fixed quickly. Look at all other games that are competitive. All of them have 1 or more balance changes EACH month. This sometimes makes something horribly OP, but that’s okay. Because it can get fixed within 2 weeks instead of 4 years, or ever. Anet seems to be afraid to touch anything balance related. Which once again, sucks for you WvW’ers.