WvW players capacity in maps vs Skill lags

in WvW

Posted by: Nagash.9863

Nagash.9863

I don’t see other ongoing topics about this issue so I’ll start another one. Several months ago developers lowered the map capacity for wvw maps as a TEMPORARY solution to skill lags in large fights. The “solution” (which isn’t a solution at all) is still in game and being really frustrating. Especially when I want to play, have like 2 hours of time and I need to wait 1,5 hour in 80-man queue. Every day, every evening. If some player disconnects in the middle of the fight, he is stuck in a queue. In prime time there is sometimes queue in all of the maps. So I play less, less and almost stopped playing the game wchich I REALLY like and played almost from the beggining (like 2,5 year?). Lots of my guildmates stopped playing because of that too. I wonder if the developers are thinking we forgot about this REALLY IMPORTANT PROBLEM and think the “solution” solved the problem? This situation is so absurd that my limited english skills can’t even describe how frustrated I am.

So my few words for the DEVELOPERS:
Guys, you did REALLY GOOD game, in my opinion the best competitive MMO with very unique game mode (WvW). Please, don’t screw this up and fix this issue. I really like the changes you did recently and that you are constantly developing new features. But if you won’t fix CRITICAL ISSUES you will just loose more and more good players. And I assume you care about players

Do anyone else think that map capacity is still an issue? Especialy those playing on high population servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Ill guess… SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

In my opinion, Anet with it showed their “We don’t care” sign.

Stability update did brought a wreck in server stability and massive clashes did lead to massive server lag spikes – which happen even now.

I believe it was Colin who said that there are some errors within the code that max the server CPU usage which cause lags across whole WvW server.
With this, they decided to lower the WvW cap to lessen the load just temporarily and fix the issues within the code.

And here’s where that sign appears.

Since they didn’t succeed with fixing that problem, Anet should remove the cap and reverse Stability change back as well, until it will be patched and fixed.

But such move never has been planned to do and looks like they’re not interested also in fixing that issue.

Big, Middle, Finger, to WvW Players.

That’s the way to go.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I feel quite kiddened by the WvW development as well.
But you have to consider that it takes a massive amount of work to fix those issues. You need to look through millions of lines of code to even locate the issue. Not to mention all the effort to fix it. Especially when it’s something with direct impact on hardware. Think about all the things that happen simultaniously when 2 zergs rush against each other. All the skills, all the effects. And all of this has to be optimized to make sure that everything runs smooth.
I just give them my good will there, and hope that they at least fix everything with the addon.
(And also I guess that there are not many coders assigned to WvW since I suppose that there is not a lot to do)

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I feel quite kiddened by the WvW development as well.
But you have to consider that it takes a massive amount of work to fix those issues. You need to look through millions of lines of code to even locate the issue. Not to mention all the effort to fix it. Especially when it’s something with direct impact on hardware. Think about all the things that happen simultaniously when 2 zergs rush against each other. All the skills, all the effects. And all of this has to be optimized to make sure that everything runs smooth.
I just give them my good will there, and hope that they at least fix everything with the addon.
(And also I guess that there are not many coders assigned to WvW since I suppose that there is not a lot to do)

That’s not an excuse.

They could reverse it back, and allow people to enjoy it without queues.

If they wanted to test it, then what’s the problem to do it on live servers?

Notify community that they will run stress test for new stability change let’s say once or twice a week?

Dropping such event on EU during their working hours is possible because EU enters prime time and WvW is filled and blobs do clash one another constantly.

But that’s the thing, no one gave a single pig about it.
Fixed few lines of codes or whatever lowered cap and as long as it doesn’t lag spike too often is fine.

Can always blame our ISPs no?

I’m ticked off each time they break something and leave it as it is because it’s fine for them.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.