WvW racewars

WvW racewars

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

Elona Reach [DE]
Vizunah Square [FR]

if you think anyone’s being racist it’s arena net.. you’re moaning about nothing, also it’s generally easier although not always correct to call them “The Germans” etc

WvW racewars

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Not just the EU guys that know about this. SF has a large Hispanic presence and our current Tier has some folks who like to make fun of them and their culture.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

WvW racewars

in WvW

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

@Syn

Im not talking about the labeling per se, im talking about the vitriol that comes with it. I just wanted to spark a discussion on it is all. Do we just accept it because Anet labeled their servers as such? Or should we openly chide people in chat and over TS for doing it?

(edited by Noobix.3958)

WvW racewars

in WvW

Posted by: Melamorte.2870

Melamorte.2870

If those mean people are calling you names on EU servers then come to Jade Quarry. We’re an equal opportunity zergball of lovin’ wuvwuv.
You won’t even notice the extra lag. It takes half a minute for anything to happen when you press a key anyway!

[CoF]Meldios – JQQ

WvW racewars

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Is it really an insult in other parts of the world to call people by their nationality? Man, I kinda feel sorry for the amount of political correctness you guys have to deal with. They call them germans and french because it’s german and french servers with german and french people. Is that really a negative thing?

I guess I just don’t see the problem personally, but I can see how people with low self esteem or people who get their feelings hurt over a gnat’s fart can get upset about it.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

WvW racewars

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

@Syn

Im not talking about the labeling per se, im talking about the vitriol that comes with it. I just wanted to spark a discussion on it is all. Do we just accept it because Anet labeled their servers as such? Or should we openly chide people in chat and over TS for doing it?

it’s called banter and it happens in almost every game, most of the time nothing is meant by it although you may get the odd few that are just bitter

if you take insult to “we’re going to make these french kittens cough up snails after were done with them” then you need to lighten up – IT’S A JOKE – and it’s meant for a laugh and to boost morale, NOTHING is meant by it

although if you see someone being genuinely spiteful because of where there from then just report them

also taken from your original post “They beat us because none of them have jobs anyways” has nothing to do with nationality and is said by almost everyone, anywhere on anygame

(edited by Syn.3459)