WvW rank points reset?

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Tim.6810

Tim.6810

I’ve spend so many points in places where I think I shouldn’t have spend them.
Are there plans of a reset for those points so we can respend them in the masteries again?
Things in WvW keep changing and in my opinion it would be a good idea to have a monthly reset, or have an item in the gemstore that makes us able to reset them.

Best regards,
The Saint [LOVE] – RoF

The Saint – Lvl 80 mesmer
[LOVE] Love United Officer
Ring of Fire

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I think every time they add new Mastery there should be a wxp abilities reset.

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You should be able to change them with a cost attached. Say 250 badges at a NPC to reset your WvW mastery choices.

At the VERY least they should indeed reset them when they add in new mysteries.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I really don’t understand why this function not in game yet. I would love to see reset for badges as example, 1 badge per point.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I think resets would be fine as long as they’re limited to once a month.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

This needs to happen with the next patch.

It’s redoggamndiculous.

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: tyrranis.8430

tyrranis.8430

more like 50-100 badges a point…

Ronan devrari.
Gandara…

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

One moderate-cost trait (AC Master for example) would cost 3750-7500 badges at that rate.

7500 badges converts directly into 25 gold via flame rams.

You think it should cost 25 gold to respec a single trait?

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

ANET, please give us this! It makes NO sense not to allow a point reset. Afterall, we can reset our main skills any time we want.

Basically, just make it cost the same as a skill reset.

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

You think it should cost 25 gold to respec a single trait?

The goal of respecs having a cost is to limit frequency.

If the cost is too low the game becomes: take control of AC, max out all points to AC mastery; get off the AC and jump off the wall, move all points to siege damage reduction as you run to a nearby camp; get to the camp, switch all points to guard damage, etc..

For the abilities to have meaning they need an opportunity cost. The lower the cost, the more it favors time played over player decisions.

How low do you think the cost should be?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

I think you shouldn’t be switching multiple times a day – but you fix that through two methods:
1) Make the cost (in badges) be relative to the average number of badges a player gets per day. A full stack would probably be fair – that’s the fair market value of almost 1 gold.

2) Only allow respec’ing of this at a specific objective – Garrison, your fortress in your own borderland, or heck, even SMC.

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think you shouldn’t be switching multiple times a day – but you fix that through two methods:
1) Make the cost (in badges) be relative to the average number of badges a player gets per day. A full stack would probably be fair – that’s the fair market value of almost 1 gold.

2) Only allow respec’ing of this at a specific objective – Garrison, your fortress in your own borderland, or heck, even SMC.

Disagree with point 1, and agree with point 2.

People should be able to respec for the same cost as resetting your main traits. Think about it. Any good player will have a different roaming spec than a zerging spec. I’d want different WvW skills based on what I am doing as well. It adds more strategy to the game which is a good thing.

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

What are these new mysteries you speak of?

I am intrigued.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

What are these new mysteries you speak of?

I am intrigued.

It’s the mystery of the confused auto correcting spell-check.

Although I would love it if they added in more noir living story content

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

I’d want different WvW skills based on what I am doing as well. It adds more strategy to the game which is a good thing.

No, that actually removes strategy.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Really wish they would reset it like they did last time when they added AC mastery, and add an option to reset it like traits ~ – ~.

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

WvW rank points reset?

in WvW

Kincaidia.3192

Disagree with point 1, and agree with point 2.

People should be able to respec for the same cost as resetting your main traits. Think about it. Any good player will have a different roaming spec than a zerging spec. I’d want different WvW skills based on what I am doing as well. It adds more strategy to the game which is a good thing.

Personally I have no problem as long as people aren’t switching on the fly. I don’t know what Anet (or other players) are fearing – I really can’t even imagine any way to abuse respec’ing.