WvW re-invented

WvW re-invented

in WvW

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

Since the changes coming to the game are huge, might as well rethink the fight setup for WvW.

Today we have three servers competing at the same time on the same map, I will not discuss the issue of lag here, instead a more pressing issue. Anyone with some decency can not deny the obscenity happening with the double teaming on the maps, especially in the Titan’s section, between the top 3. (i’m on a euro server)
This is not another topic complaining about double teaming, no matter how low I think of the commanders and people that does it, but the three teams (server) inherited from guild wars 1’s pvp section (Hero’s Ascent) proved that it can not be implemented in gw2.

It is not a party of 8 fighting another party of 8, where even if double teamed you can manage to fight back someone and people from gw1 will know this. In GW2 it is full blobs of 60 / 60 / 60 (more or less depending on the update and maxed allowed number), so if you have 120 teaming up against 60, there is no chance on earth that this server can even defend anything, because no matter how many siege you have inside a tower or keep, the game is made in such a way that no tower / keep / castle can be held indefinitely, given also the issue that the game should not be a game of sieges.

For that, I would like to suggest a solution, but that would require a bold approach form Anet because of the work and updates they would have to do:
a- Two servers fighting each others on all maps, be done with the trio.
b- Three servers, however the only map hosting them together would be EBG map; The border maps each would only siege 2 servers instead of 3, and that would require more border maps accordingly.

I think option “b” would force the servers to play decently because they could not control the outcome of the different border maps It would also show which server deserves to be number 1 without the help of another server or the indecent double blobbing, in addition it might help Anet solve their lag issues.

Anyway, I know they are about to release the new WvW desert map in thorn, and I hope they have taken some consideration to the issues I’ve raised if not already, then in the future.

Just an idea I had, to which I would like to hear your thoughts.

(edited by Shaman.4513)

WvW re-invented

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

your not getting double teamed, your getting focused because your server happend to be full of arrogant bandwagoners thinking they are the best.
well guess what your getting smashed at the moment.

theres no “deal” between deso and FSP.
but both servers do want you to get off your high horse (not you but the majority of SFR big mouth kids) some people on this server think they are far superior well could have guessed it that one day u get match up against something that has same mind set as desolation.

it might feel as getting double teamed but deso is killing us also(im FSP) and we are killing them also.
you just have priority to get knocked off your high horse by both servers doesnt mean they are holding hands.
choices are made at the start if FSP wanted deso down then u would have deso going after SFR and SFR going after FPS or deso, if u go for deso then deso would be in same situation and felt like getting double teamed also while FSP and SFR didnt even talk to each other

anyway i frankly dont care tbh kitten T3 T8 aslong WvW stops lagging like kitten during prime time i couldnt give a rats kitten in which tier i play i dont play for the PPT like many others do here. i just wanna deffend PvP and cap if i lose something and lost a Tick for that some1 would have to remind me cus i never think about the stupid ticks

WvW re-invented

in WvW

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

I can understand what you are saying, for a year the server you are on sees someone beat it over and over and over, so probably it reached a point where it is ready to do anything to manipulate the outcome of the war. The end justifies the means.
GG.

Raised another question, if you do not care about PPT why are you after points?

But in all that, I think Deso and FSP are to be thanked, because of what they are doing, the arrogant players you are talking about, whom moved from other servers including deso and fsp, are moving out of SFR.

All in all, the question was for Anet, they put all kind of mechanics to forbid the manipulation of the outcome of the game specially in PvP, the issue is not for now who is blobbing who and double teaming who, its for the future, because God forbids, I would not want to be in a desperate position, where I have no choice left but to double team a server to win. I would loose a thousand times before I loose my honor.
Oh maybe those servers did :p

(edited by Shaman.4513)