WvW research

WvW research

in WvW

Posted by: Mokambo.3649

Mokambo.3649

Hello.
I started playing guild wars last year but was mainly focused on spvp, however now i came back after a long break with the mindset to focus strictly on WvW which is a whole different story from spvp. I am trying to find detailed info about this mode but the only thing i found is the outdated sticky…isn’t there any site or something that can provide info or guides or mistakes you should avoid doing or any kind of stuffs like that because i have two big problems: 1. i currently suck and 2. i hate sucking , so i want to get out of this “Being a burden” state that i feel i am in.

WvW research

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Which tier are you in?

In higher tiers, roaming/pvping isn’t about the dueling, but teaming up with other players to get stuff done. This is kind of true in all tiers, but lower tiers have less players overall so the general etiquette is that of solo roaming and dueling.

As for builds, you can generally move your build from sPvP into WvW roaming with a little tweaking, but do also remember the food/spanner buffs.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW research

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Two good starting places to look are the unofficial WvW forums and your server’s community forums/coms.

The unofficial WvW forums has a fair bit of builds and strategies for various situations as well as links to vids to see how some of these things can play out. The community forums and voice coms, on the other hand, can provide you with first hand experiences
and help you to better sync your playstyle with people/guilds on your server.

Edit: If you need help with getting access to your server’s forums and voice coms, try asking in map chat in one of the Borderlands that seem active at the time or the Eternal Battleground.

Edit 2: Also try not to keep thinking of yourself as a burden just because you’re new to WvW. True burdens in WvW don’t seek to try and improve or contribute even slightly.

(edited by Ultimaistanza.4793)

WvW research

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

GW2WVW.NET is not the unofficial wvw forums. It is the officially directed site when the official wvw sub-forums were closed. Anet directed folks to that site if they wanted to discuss gw2 wvw stuff. Sometime, about 6 months later they stopped doing so.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

WvW research

in WvW

Mokambo.3649

Thx for the site guys. Will check it out.
@Reverence I play on Seafarer’s Rest which is tier 1 and i do expect things to be always rough as i could find players only in packs or zerg so far.
@Ultimaistanza I found my server’s forum but got problems trying to get verified…i guess people were afk or busy when i did it.

WvW research

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Honestly the best thing you can do is find a guild that plays WvW in a way you’re interested in (Roaming, Havoc, Zerg, Fights, etc), and party up with them. They will teach you things just by playing with them, see what they do, ask them why they do things the way they do, and ask for help with things etc.

I’ve found all the web pages, build sites, forums etc are great helps, but becomes so much easier to understand after you’ve already gathered enough base understanding simply from playing, that you can put them in the right context right away.

And above else, have fun! It is the best way to learn anything.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

WvW research

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

@Reverence I play on Seafarer’s Rest which is tier 1 and i do expect things to be always rough as i could find players only in packs or zerg so far.
@Ultimaistanza I found my server’s forum but got problems trying to get verified…i guess people were afk or busy when i did it.

I wouldn’t worry too much, getting verified on forums can sometimes take a couple days especially if you play during off hours for the server. Try to come back later or see if you can find out the usernames of some of the mods that work with SR’s forums. You could then just mail them and see what a good time would be for someone to verify you. Also, you can check with some of the more well known guilds/commanders on your server and see if they can help you get in touch when they’re not busy.

WvW research

in WvW

Posted by: TazR.8745

TazR.8745

I found this nice guide a while back which is great for explaining the basics of WvW for newer players. Here it is: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80eaMrkdOdZbDM5R0FhMjlmMzA/edit

WvW research

in WvW

Mokambo.3649

Thx for the help guys,i really appreciate it.

I found this nice guide a while back which is great for explaining the basics of WvW for newer players. Here it is: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80eaMrkdOdZbDM5R0FhMjlmMzA/edit

That is pretty dope. WvW 101 i guess

WvW research

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Seafarer’s Rest’s community site is pevepe.net/gw2 (as the pevepe [Futilez] community is/was a multi-gaming one, so the gw2 subforum is just a branch ) , the verification process starts with TS verification ( TS verification channel, name in mapchat, and wait for your luck to find a Staff member ^^), then you can see the Forum verification channel description, which will help you to get verified on forums..
Yup, not even a bit complicated, it was not me who made the system xD

Edit:
Ohh right, I forgot my main point, sry..
We have guides, builds, Slackers on chat to answer questions. As long as you want to improve, we can help you, and I think it’s the same for every wvw community

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Bubi.5237)