WvW server questions

WvW server questions

in WvW

Posted by: NonstickRon.8641

NonstickRon.8641

I’m in a guild that is spread across servers, as it was originally PVE focused. As it grows, there are those expressing the desire to WvW together, and so the need to congregate to a server together is becoming a thing. We’re still in the data collecting phase, a lot of the fundamentals we’re still ignorant of, and there are certain concerns we’ve tossed around. How high do you have to rank to earn points? Of the top 12 servers in the wvw standing, 6 are full and 6 have Very High status. Is there any way to determine how close to Full a given Very High server is? What if the server your guild picks get tagged as full as half your guild gets moved? My personal starter server is Anvil Rock, and we’ve been paired with Crystal Desert and they have a server wide discord, which is VERY cool. What other servers have active discord communities? Yes, I googled most of this prior to typing this, but most stuff I find is 2-5 years old. Any assistance is appreciated.

WvW server questions

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Gates of Madness has a server discord. And is a great community. We moved from Fort Apsenwood and have been loving GoM. If this sounds like something you are interested in just PM me.

WvW server questions

in WvW

NonstickRon.8641

What made you decide to move? Why did you choose GoM at that time?

WvW server questions

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

when in doubt, join blackgate. that’s how you beat the game.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

WvW server questions

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Nobody knows how close to full any server is.

Nobody knows how fast the world status changes when players transfer en masse.

When you transfer servers, make sure you all do it at the same time, because if the status changes to full mid transfer some will be left behind. A way to prevent this is to monitor world status to see which servers have been very high the longest.

World Status

You might be able to offset some of the transfer costs by contacting leaders on the server you are looking at, but if you’re new to WvW that might not happen. Won’t hurt to ask.

WvW server questions

in WvW

Malerian.8435

What made you decide to move? Why did you choose GoM at that time?

There is a lot that goes into it. We talked with several servers (some which offered us full transfers), and ended up just transferring to GoM(payed or own way). We knew of a couple of guilds on that server that would work with us. And it has been a better change for the most part.

I can only say that we felt our time in FA had come to a end. I wish them all best of luck, but after years on FA it was obvious that our guild and that server wanted different things in WvW. So far GoM has been good to us, and I look forward to many years of being a part of GoM.

WvW server questions

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

1. What timezones are you playing in?
It is important because wvw is 24/7

2. How many people do you have?
It is important because some servers are close to full while some timezones are very outmanned in some servers.

3. Roaming or Zerg?
It is important to decide the future of your playstyle. To roam means you not planning to grow huge. To zerg means you planning to recruit to reach that numbers which means you need a server where you can have easier time to recruit.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

WvW server questions

in WvW

NonstickRon.8641

It is important because some servers are close to full while some timezones are very outmanned in some servers.

3. Roaming or Zerg?
It is important to decide the future of your playstyle. To roam means you not planning to grow huge. To zerg means you planning to recruit to reach that numbers which means you need a server where you can have easier time to recruit.

We’re predominantly EST. We’re not “a WvW guild” but are currently pinging the membership to see how many are interested in WvW and if they’d be willing to move in an effort to come together on a server. It may only end up being a couple people. We’re still info gathering, like I said, perhaps we’ll have a WvW arm in the future so we want to plan ahead for that with at least a server to tell people to join if they ask where they should go. I’ve personally been just jumping into wvw solo and playing chase the commander tag when I can, and roaming when I can’t.

Thanks for all the information, this has been very informative.

WvW server questions

in WvW

Malerian.8435

3. Roaming or Zerg?

We’re predominantly EST. We’re not “a WvW guild” but are currently pinging the membership to see how many are interested in WvW and if they’d be willing to move in an effort to come together on a server. It may only end up being a couple people. We’re still info gathering, like I said, perhaps we’ll have a WvW arm in the future so we want to plan ahead for that with at least a server to tell people to join if they ask where they should go. I’ve personally been just jumping into wvw solo and playing chase the commander tag when I can, and roaming when I can’t.

Best of luck my friend. If I can help in anyway please let me know!!

WvW server questions

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

3. Roaming or Zerg?

You are looking for servers that use discord, this alone narrow down a lot of servers.
You are also looking at EST so you can strike off the servers that are too packed during those timezones, servers usually from the top two tiers.

I guess the most important part still is the playstyle your guild is looking for. If you are looking for a zerg playstyle, I do suggest you to go to a guest server as many host servers are crowded and a crowded servers don’t naturally means a good place for recruitment and likewise since your guild is like a PvX guild, you may have players joining you from other servers in future so guest servers that are most likely open for a long time will fit your guild better. Of course, I would suggest you to avoid the smallest guest server and pick the bigger ones.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

WvW server questions

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

Gates of Madness has a server discord. And is a great community. We moved from Fort Apsenwood and have been loving GoM. If this sounds like something you are interested in just PM me.

Totally agree! GoM is a great server and I highly suggest you consider joining us!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

WvW server questions

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Honestly, the best way is to go to those servers, join their forums/discords/teamspeak servers etc. and ask them yourself

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI