WvW siege limit needs a fix

in WvW

Posted by: Nedus.6952

Nedus.6952

“Only 5 weapons (sites or completed weapons) can be set within any 1000 unit radius” – Guild Wars 2 Wiki

This limit can be bypassed. How? Well a video explains better than words:

“Omg cheater!” “Why you made it public? >_>” etc etc.

I am tired to answer to these ^ comments.
Just like for all the videos about bugs and such i made in the past (auto-rally, duplicated golems) i do not want to exploit this and i do not encite people to do it.

I made this video for fun, but this is kinda a serious thing that could affect WvW mechanics. All i am asking here is anet to work on a fix to this. Simple as that.
Peace.

Passero ~ Jade Sea
Former member of WSR and AG.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Lol, that’s an exceptionally well-edited video.

And evil. So evil

Well done.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

nice

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Thanks for the report. Fixed in the HoT release.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I got a bad feeling about this.

in WvW

Nedus.6952

And i shall thank you for caring about something that indubitably can result unbalanced for standard WvW mechanics.

Thanks for checking it and thanks for the answer.

Passero ~

Passero ~ Jade Sea

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

And i shall thank you for caring about something that indubitably can result unbalanced for standard WvW mechanics.

Thanks for checking it and thanks for the answer.

Passero ~

Thank you SO MUCH for making this public so it can be fixed, and Thank you for fixing it! I’ve seen this exploited so many times and personally detest siege humping, so the less the better. So sick and tired of attacking keeps with 30 acs and everything else inside. I always wondered how people were able to get so much siege in one area when there was supposed to be this siege area limit, I suspect there are other ways as well.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Thank you for fixing it!!

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

What I’m gathering from this is that Mesmers are the root of all evil.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Thats always been true

Im hoping they do more, because siege really needs a closer look. Even for defensive purposes it just promotes to much of a bunkering down attitude and its going to be even worse now that upgrades will be automatic.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Thats always been true

Im hoping they do more, because siege really needs a closer look. Even for defensive purposes it just promotes to much of a bunkering down attitude and its going to be even worse now that upgrades will be automatic.

Now I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I felt it was fairly unanimous with in the community, that folks want people to defend, and not simply be on the offensive or K train consistently. So why would it benefit the community to work against bunkering down and defending what they have?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

X T D.6458

Thats always been true

Now I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I felt it was fairly unanimous with in the community, that folks want people to defend, and not simply be on the offensive or K train consistently. So why would it benefit the community to work against bunkering down and defending what they have?

Didnt mean to make it look like Im against defending stuff, or trying to support ktraining. Its when things get out of balance is when there is a problem. Many people like myself are fights oriented, when we see a blob running inside to hop on their siege instead of fighting, well ok thats fine they can do that nothing wrong with it. But that also gets boring and annoying real quick. When the balance shifts towards defense, offense slows to a crawl, which makes gaining ppt and points much harder. A healthy balance between fights and defense is best. If people just feel that building a ton of siege and hiding in upgraded objectives is all they need to do to win, then wvw becomes extremely boring for many people.

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

Many people like myself are fights oriented, when we see a blob running inside to hop on their siege instead of fighting, well ok thats fine they can do that nothing wrong with it. But that also gets boring and annoying real quick. When the balance shifts towards defense, offense slows to a crawl, which makes gaining ppt and points much harder. A healthy balance between fights and defense is best. If people just feel that building a ton of siege and hiding in upgraded objectives is all they need to do to win, then wvw becomes extremely boring for many people.

I’m optimistic about there being a healthy balance for this in HoT. If the most recent WvW stress test changes stick, arrow carts will cost an additional 10 supply each. And the new shield generator will block arrow cart fire with its bubble when traited.

Now if only Anet could find a way to make it so damage doesn’t go through gates, it would be perfect. The fact that a single defender with a gate treb can stop a 30-man gate blitz is kind of ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Stonewall.6037

Stonewall.6037

Many people like myself are fights oriented, when we see a blob running inside to hop on their siege instead of fighting, well ok thats fine they can do that nothing wrong with it. But that also gets boring and annoying real quick. When the balance shifts towards defense, offense slows to a crawl, which makes gaining ppt and points much harder. A healthy balance between fights and defense is best. If people just feel that building a ton of siege and hiding in upgraded objectives is all they need to do to win, then wvw becomes extremely boring for many people.

1. Build catapult/trebuchet outside wall where there is too much siege and a blob.
2. Blob comes out to kill seige —> becomes bags.
2a. Blob will not come out -> kill siege through the wall gap you made in #1 above.

Problem ended.

So Long, and Thanks For the Loot Bags.

(edited by Stonewall.6037)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Well made the video,

and the scenes with sound track of the music of the 2nd Waltz are really beautiful.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Nedus.6952

Just tested this and it still works in HoT.

I think that what you guys did to WvW with HoT is far more concerning atm, but hey, i won’t digress or go off topic.
Just genlty reporting in that this portal+siege thing is still working in a non-intended way.

EDIT: Ok i expressed myself poorly. Yes, the main problem looks fixed. If you try place a 6th siege with a portal it looks like it doesn’t get deployed. However, you can still deploy siege (if number of limit is not reached) with that portal mechanic. Is that intended?

Passero ~ Jade Sea

(edited by Nedus.6952)