WvW spawn trap

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Mc McGilligan.1925

Mc McGilligan.1925

So what happens to servers in WvW that think its the best Idea to spawn camp other servers. this week SoS is paired with SBI and TC and we are getting SBI in the butt, if you know what I mean ;P, yeah my server is winning and all, but it really makes my day when I see that my server is spawn camping other servers. I have played enough Battlefield to know what its like getting spawn traped. so if anyone knows what to do when your server spawn camps other server, feel free to say

Attachments:

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Ciriaco.9863

Ciriaco.9863

Hey dummy, try going out another exit from spawn? Durrrrrrrrrrrrr

Crissy Bear the Thief
Best female Norn thief with a bear hat NA

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Time Warp lol.

/15 chars

Whispers with meat.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Time Warp lol.

/15 chars

Time Warp with the glamour trait is pretty nice in wvw. Even better with some boon duration.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Ooo this was very fun. A particular [HOPE] necro kept running at us and dying. Kept punting him off the cliffs with Banish. Good times.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Ychiju.7960

Ychiju.7960

If this is a non-issue, then why do people do spawn-camping? Try to figure out what their incentive is and you’ll find your argument flawed (hint: it’s not about not letting the enemy out).

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If this is a non-issue, then why do people do spawn-camping? Try to figure out what their incentive is and you’ll find your argument flawed (hint: it’s not about not letting the enemy out).

Why they spawncamp? Easy answer, other side keeps feeding them bags, thats why.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Ychiju.7960

Ychiju.7960

No, it’s dominance behavior, which is why it offends the other side independent from how many exits there are.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Exactly.

Only idiots get spawncamped. Across entire WvW an enemy server would need like 800+ people to blockade every spawn. Thats dedication (its also literally impossible). Oh boho so you are being spawncamped on EB? I am 100% certain that your DBL spawn is completely empty. I am also 90% certain that at least one of the side exits on EB are wide open. Maybe OP can answer that. Did your server have another 60-80 man at the spawn not currently visible on the minimap?

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

T2…Yawn. Bunch of kids zerging and sensitive commanders on SoS to mess with

Dtox

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

T2…Yawn. Bunch of kids zerging and sensitive commanders on SoS to mess with

I mean its not like t1 doesn’t get kitten as easy. Just look at BG over the current skirmish scores.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

The moment you (as a server C player) go to server B to get daily camp cap and end up, along with your measly zerg, getting spawn camped by server A.

That scenario is what I see most often. It’s maybe 30% a dominance issue, 60% a scoring regulation thing, with about 10% being protecting their friends interests.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

go out the back… or side … or other side or from the base spawn which also has 3 exits. honestly its one thing to get ganked on your way back to a fight but how do you get spawn camped? you know the shortest way back to smc isnt the only way to smc right?

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Anyone complaining about getting spawn camped doesn’t know how to play the game.

Switch to a different map en masse, stop feeding them bags. Or use another exit in teams of five. Or send a couple 5 man squads to another map and throw up a cata or two hitting their t3 bay and hills home bl at the same time.

Best way of beating a completely dominant zerg is to split to multiple targets (oh, and be prepared for your pixels to die…) and keep doing it- they will quickly tire of having to chase 4-5 players at a time around the map whilst using up supply repairing walls everywhere. It can be done, but most players will mindlessly follow a tag or sit in spawn waiting for a tag rather than trying to do something.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Time Warp lol.

/15 chars

Time Warp with the glamour trait is pretty nice in wvw. Even better with some boon duration.

Ehh debatable. Better options available for small and large scale.

Whispers with meat.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

How about some signs above each exit. The straight path should say “This way to die” and the side exits should say “This way to live”.

Or you could ask for stealth fountains at each spawn that gives 30 sec of stealth.

Or you can have a Guild improvement which is only unlocked by some incredible PvE grind that allows you to expand your legendary defenders range to the keep.

Or you can allow invulnerable siege to be built at your spawn.

Or you can add EotM’s Supercannon at each spawn, no wait, THREE Supercannons at each spawn so they can help you retake your side of the map.

Or you can have the airship tactivator installed at your spawn that will clear the path to your keep.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Guerilla warfare. Do eet.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

No, it’s dominance behavior, which is why it offends the other side independent from how many exits there are.

It is bags – plain and simple. Also there are 2 other exits from spawn, why weren’t people using those? Because they were mad that they got spawn camped.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

screenshots are from a few hours before reset on a friday. nothing to do in wvw on a friday besides take an enemy keep and wp it then kill anyone that comes out of spawn and wait for them to make posts about it on some forums

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.7329

Ben K.7329

Oddly enough, the only post about it came from a player on the server doing the spawn camping. I guess the other witnesses didn’t make it out alive.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Just dont go there. As soon as theres nothing to fight they will leave.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There is a reason running the score up on a team that isn’t competing at the same level is considered bad sportsmanship.

In some cases it is equivalent to a pro NFL team playing with their 1st string, when they are up by 10 TDs, against a banged up high-school team. Nothing wrong with doing it, just realize you are a kitten for participating.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Deaeira.2651

Deaeira.2651

Perhaps some constructive info: In Alpine and EB, each spawn has 3 exits. It’s nearly impossible to cover all of them. If you are being focused too much, go to other borders to draw attention. Let a small team recap.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

And not to forget: If its your spawn, be glad. You can fight as much as you want and respawn when youre dead. No more running all over the map.
Enjoy the moment.

WvW spawn trap

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Exactly.

Only idiots get spawncamped. Across entire WvW an enemy server would need like 800+ people to blockade every spawn. Thats dedication (its also literally impossible). Oh boho so you are being spawncamped on EB? I am 100% certain that your DBL spawn is completely empty. I am also 90% certain that at least one of the side exits on EB are wide open. Maybe OP can answer that. Did your server have another 60-80 man at the spawn not currently visible on the minimap?

You would only need 800 people of those people were practically brain dead, though that probably fits the profile of the servers involved.

You can build 5 super ACs and some shield generator, only need 10 per exit to present a hazard for people trying to get out. Just remember a server with a zerg doesn’t get spawn camped usually as they can call them in to necro rush if needed. Spawn camping happens when you’re usually massively outnumbered.