WvW stack rezing

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSantos.8412

EvilSantos.8412

Hello, I am making my 2nd post about this since my first was deleted. My guild group of 15 will go around killing zerglings, KILL NOT DOWN and the enemy will have so many players that they can power resurrect dead allies of theirs, which leads to them eventually kill us one by one.

This promotes unskilled play by huge numbers vs small skilled numbers if all they need to do is resurrect the dead. Please make it so that while in WvW players in combat cannot resurrect dead players.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

And in the meantime, whoever is ressing the dead isn’t attacking you, so in theory you should be able to wipe even more of them.

If you are seriously outnumbered then the game is working as intended. If your players get picked off one by one either their positional play or support play needs to be looked at, or you’re choosing the wrong fights.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

This promotes unskilled play by huge numbers vs small skilled numbers if all they need to do is resurrect the dead. Please make it so that while in WvW players in combat cannot resurrect dead players.

This is what everyone cries in the moment that it doesn’t suit them. I would be willing to bet that you have been more then happy to have other hard rez you when it served your needs.

I find the ability to get downed players up and the ability to hard rez dead players to be a great benefit to the game for both flavor and convenience.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

This is what everyone cries in the moment that it doesn’t suit them. I would be willing to bet that you have been more then happy to have other hard rez you when it served your needs.

I find the ability to get downed players up and the ability to hard rez dead players to be a great benefit to the game for both flavor and convenience.

Nothing wrong with hard rezzing. The problem is being able to hard rez in combat. Thanks to the AoE limit as long as there are enough people stacked on the dead player a group can pick anyone up. This means all the skill in the world won’t make a difference if the other team has enough players and they don’t scatter.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Oh I am all for not being able to hard rez while in combat.

Though I do find it funny how everyone calls any group of 15 or more that they are competing against as “zerglings” or “the mindless zerg” but when they describe themselves doing it, it is always “my guild group” or “specialized group”. What always makes it funnier, is almost everyone post it in a manner to imply that it is obvious the group they are in always defeats the larger force or as in this case “destroys the zerglings”. Yet is making a 2nd thread to complain about losing to them.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

WvW is about numbers. Mostly. There is a cut-off point where all the skill in the world will not compensate for the amount of numbers being thrown at you. When you see people simply rezzing their downed and not being able to do a thing about it, you’ve probably reached that point and should pick other fights.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

WvW is about numbers. Mostly. There is a cut-off point where all the skill in the world will not compensate for the amount of numbers being thrown at you. When you see people simply rezzing their downed and not being able to do a thing about it, you’ve probably reached that point and should pick other fights.

That is a solid point. Under the system we have now, I would absolutely agree. Though, as some others have mentioned, I can see a logical argument for a system that limits hard rezzing to only when your out of combat.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

There is another issue at play here too- squishies are much more likely to be hard killed than the tanks at the front of the zerg, so the meta classes are more likely to think hard ressing should not be allowed, whereas anyone who plays a back line or other class is more likely to be in favour of keeping it the way it is.

If they remove downed or hard ressing from the game, you will just see even more guards and warriors and less build diversity as everyone will build more tanky.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

So….what if each hard rez removed a PPT point from the score board? It would serve as a penalty for dying and help the server that is producing a high volume of kills.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Theranael.2569

Theranael.2569

So….what if each hard rez removed a PPT point from the score board? It would serve as a penalty for dying and help the server that is producing a high volume of kills.

It kind of does already with Sneak Attack active – each kill is a point on the board in the server’s favor. That’s all the penalty needed. If a small group of 15 or so take on a large group, they can generate those points throughout the fight by fighting more carefully.

It doesn’t matter if the small group “lose” the fight, because they can earn more points than the “zerg”.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: eugenstash.8610

eugenstash.8610

Is the OP trolling here? So let me get this straight: You and your guildies play as a team and in effect promote team play but frown upon others doing just the same. This must be a joke.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Oh I am all for not being able to hard rez while in combat.

Though I do find it funny how everyone calls any group of 15 or more that they are competing against as “zerglings” or “the mindless zerg” but when they describe themselves doing it, it is always “my guild group” or “specialized group”. What always makes it funnier, is almost everyone post it in a manner to imply that it is obvious the group they are in always defeats the larger force or as in this case “destroys the zerglings”. Yet is making a 2nd thread to complain about losing to them.

^This.

The hypocrisy is well over 9000. Beside, if you are fighting such a large force that they can literally hard rez everyone and turn back the tide on you it mean to me you should feel pretty happy about having done so good instead of whining about it. You aren’t suppose/expected to defeat 5 times your number of human opponents anyway.

Skill exist and is important in WvW as long as the numbers aren’t ridiculously disproportionate. The hard rezing isn’t a problem. The number of opponents you decided to attack was. I’ve no problem about Yoloing myself into the fray but I won’t go whine about it when I hit the ground.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

It kind of does already with Sneak Attack active – each kill is a point on the board in the server’s favor. That’s all the penalty needed. If a small group of 15 or so take on a large group, they can generate those points throughout the fight by fighting more carefully.

It doesn’t matter if the small group “lose” the fight, because they can earn more points than the “zerg”.

I’m thinking you get a point for killing someone….and a server loses another point for resurrecting that person on the battlefield….that would make servers think a little before rezing…

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: TotallyNotPaxx.1524

TotallyNotPaxx.1524

Hm, with this whole ‘sneak attack’ thing I wouldn’t mind stack rezzing in combat being removed for a week, I mean the whole system is designed to see how things work right?

Kaineng > BP > FA/Mag > FA/DB > FA/AR.
Casual oceanic scrublord.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Theranael.2569

Theranael.2569

I’m thinking you get a point for killing someone….and a server loses another point for resurrecting that person on the battlefield….that would make servers think a little before rezing…

I’d say that’s too much and punishes the squishy classes unnecessarily. I love having Eles/Necros backing me up. God knows I don’t want them disappearing because they’re a liability. And.. you know, variety! WvW doesn’t need to encourage more Warriors/Guardians

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

New Event: For 1 whole month you can not ress somebody when you are in combat.
Personally i think that would be way more fun and beneficial then removing white swords.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Personally i think that would be way more fun and beneficial then removing white swords.

Sounds good to me. Maybe at the same time they could remove all the rally bait animals that love to jump into the fights. Looking at you eagle griffons.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Please let this happen. This would really help a smaller, more organized group fight a massive zerg. Also keep the PPK and I think were on the right track to bringing WvW out of beta

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

People wasting time ressing deads is the best thing that could possibly happen if you’re up against a blob. Not only have you killed a bunch of the enemy but even more of them are willingly removing themselves from the fight in order to become stationary targets that you can just bomb.

If anyone actually successfully resses someone from dead then you weren’t really outplaying them at all.

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

or you remove the godkitten ed AoE limit on certain skills in WvW already. this is one of the main, if not THE main aspect that rewards blobbing over <20 guild raids. if i, god forbid, place an explosive in a group of 50 stacked people, they will most probably ALL die, if the explosive was strong enough. not just 5 people. ALL of them.

you aren’t suppose/expected to defeat 5 times your number of human opponents anyway.

Skill exist and *is* important in WvW as long as the numbers aren’t ridiculously disproportionate. The hard rezing isn’t a problem. The number of opponents you decided to attack was. I’ve no problem about Yoloing myself into the fray but I won’t go whine about it when I hit the ground.

i’m not saying it should be easy to kill double your numbers or more and i am pretty sure that OP is not suggesting that either. but it’s a fact, that the combat system has it’s flaws when it comes to larger scale fights. to NOT complain about these flaws is not the way to get some improvements.
in the end, it is up to arena net to decide which course would be suited best, but until they reach a decision, it is up to US to suggest everything that comes to mind. even if it’s out of desperation and considered whining by some elite blob warriors.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: DemonforLife.8546

DemonforLife.8546

or you remove the godkitten ed AoE limit on certain skills in WvW already. this is one of the main, if not THE main aspect that rewards blobbing over <20 guild raids. if i, god forbid, place an explosive in a group of 50 stacked people, they will most probably ALL die, if the explosive was strong enough. not just 5 people. ALL of them.

you aren’t suppose/expected to defeat 5 times your number of human opponents anyway.

Skill exist and is important in WvW as long as the numbers aren’t ridiculously disproportionate. The hard rezing isn’t a problem. The number of opponents you decided to attack was. I’ve no problem about Yoloing myself into the fray but I won’t go whine about it when I hit the ground.

i’m not saying it should be easy to kill double your numbers or more and i am pretty sure that OP is not suggesting that either. but it’s a fact, that the combat system has it’s flaws when it comes to larger scale fights. to NOT complain about these flaws is not the way to get some improvements.
in the end, it is up to arena net to decide which course would be suited best, but until they reach a decision, it is up to US to suggest everything that comes to mind. even if it’s out of desperation and considered whining by some elite blob warriors.

By your logic if no AoE cap, a Guild group would even die faster, because your melee train is gonna take alot more damage where damage mitigation is basicly gone at that point, imagine a 50 man blob V 20 guild group, theres 10 necro’s in the enemy blob that means 20 wells on top if you proc’ing 1-2K if not more per pulse on not 5 but 20 people, you’d die even faster than usual, except if enemy blob is bad and can’t aim skills for kitten yeah then the guild group is at an advantage

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

By your logic if no AoE cap, a Guild group would even die faster, because your melee train is gonna take alot more damage where damage mitigation is basicly gone at that point, imagine a 50 man blob V 20 guild group, theres 10 necro’s in the enemy blob that means 20 wells on top if you proc’ing 1-2K if not more per pulse on not 5 but 20 people, you’d die even faster than usual, except if enemy blob is bad and can’t aim skills for kitten yeah then the guild group is at an advantage

You only think that about no AoE cap because of the current gw2 tactic of blobbing up. If you played with 5 or less, or basically every other game ever made, you’d know the worst thing to do when fighting outnumbered is hold hands. You can avoid huge amounts of dmg by standing behind your enemy. You can whittle groups down by giving them too many targets, causing them to split up. Only because of the meta do you see 50v20 and not 50 v 4×5

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

People wasting time ressing deads is the best thing that could possibly happen if you’re up against a blob. Not only have you killed a bunch of the enemy but even more of them are willingly removing themselves from the fight in order to become stationary targets that you can just bomb.

If anyone actually successfully resses someone from dead then you weren’t really outplaying them at all.

I find this very amusing as well. Since I play staff ele, it’s very easy to layer AOE’s on top of a group trying to rezz a player during combat and then instead of 1 downed, you have 4-5.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

WvW stack rezing

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Even with aoe caps the best defence against any attack is always not being in it. Pug blobs are often incredibly inefficient (I’m talking less than 10% here) partly because they aren’t coordinated enough to work within the aoe caps. They can’t focus their damage enough to actually down people instead of just hurting them and most of their support is being wasted and missing the people that actually need it.

If there were no aoe caps a queue blob would be nigh invincible to anything less than another queue blob, with the result being mostly down to chance rather than anything resembling good gameplay.