WvW state not entirely Anet fault

in WvW

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

The mentality of players has changed since the beginning,..and for the worst I’d say.

Nobody but the most tough guy will fight 1m away from keeps or towers, even worst they will try their best to outnumber you. be it using guards or other players.

Everybody try to play to safe, take no risk, always move in group, never fight when outnumbered.

People would rather cap an empty tower…than enjoy a challenging fight…

It’s truly disgusting behaviour and Anet can’t do anything about it I’m afraid

Let me not even start on the roaming scene….nothing but condi bunkers so much that even thieves are now rare

I have no suggestions..just I feel very sorry for those who still look for a challenge, a honest fight, the times of heroic fights , those times where you used to spend hours in WvW having fun…those times are gone and are not coming back.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Every aspect of GW2 is in the control of Anet. They have to think out the repercussions of their creations. Sometimes they get it wrong. It is testament to the strength of the core game at release that Anet were able to make so many errors since then and still have a reasonable (albeit now dwindling) playerbase.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Was out solo roaming and at a certain hour a group of glass thieves and mesmers came to my bl. Ever time I would touch one of them with damage outside their group the others would come charging back and gank me. The reason so many people don’t solo roam / leave walled objectives alone is because the second you do a tryhard group will run you down because that’s all they can kill because everyone else is in a zerg. Then they turn around and bouncy troll, emote and dump siege on you because they are children.

Nobody likes this toxic wvw environment, not even the people who dish it out and then get it back in return.

tRex supposedly some amazing small scale group, had 5 of them chase me down for 2min because…I really don’t know why. 5v1, engaging.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Literally what Justine stated.

Lately this is my solo roaming encounters (not limited to T1, this can happen on any tier/server):

• Instead of coming out to fight players hide behind walls pew pewing at you with siege
  • Players only come out of their comfort zone walls when they have all the keep buffs and at least 4 other guys to take you down
  • After being ganked by ~5 players a few will corpse jump you, throw siege and spam emotes
  • Any fights taken place are usually power-creep, sustain-filled never-ending engagements (damage reduction modifers, HoT “balance” etc)
  • Condi cancer mesmer, tanky-never-dying-druids, stealth camping thieves to name a few ungodly things you will encounter
  • Salty whispers from players who can’t accept they’ve been beaten, especially with non-meta funzie’ builds (in fact it doesn’t matter WHAT build/gear/weps you run you will be on a salt collecting spree if you don’t set yourself to “invisible”)
  • That one guy who always manages to escape/cowers/flees back into his comfort zone walls if things go south yet stalks you everywhere once you distance yourself
  • Enemy roamers who call their entire map blob zerg to deal with you for whatever strange reason
  • Everyone and their mum’s brown dog seems to be running “meta” builds so things become predictable, boring, uninteresting

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

That thread needs to be renamed : “behaviours we’re getting fed up with”, that’d be more accurate ;-)

Some personal thoughts from my experience and from what I’ve read : players don’t want to play, nor do they want to fight. They just want to win. And win means here kill, crush and tear you. That’s the low risk high reward behaviour, and you can find it in roughly every aspect : gankers, group gankers, cheesy builds, zergs, outnumbered fights etc. Everything is good as long as you can feed your sadistic and bored temper by steamrolling a foe without the need to think too much about it. The “fair” fights scene has vanished because the outcome is too uncertain.

The whole WvW point is roughly dead : even blobs or guild raids are just there to flip objectives and some also like to fight in the process. Yet, it’s really harder to find commanders who also defend, help with camps etc. So, it feels like some people just wanted to spend some time, they logged in, got their lootstick guardin, pushed “A” while spamming “1” and joking on TS, and logged off 2 hours later, with the sense of accomplished duty.

Also, about walls and siege etc. I’m the one who stays on top of walls, mostly because I enjoy playing scout. So I roughly don’t care about the jumping guy there essentially yelling “Hey ! Come down ! I want a sparring partner !”. So I pew pew, and I siege. I don’t come down, because I generally assume a solo player runs a cheesy condi bunker, tank or whatever meta build, and I don’t want to waste my time with that. Am I wrong to think so ? I personnaly think it’s a pity. Posts above show that I’m not so wrong to end up to these conclusion.

To conclude, as Svarty said, even if players are responsible for their expectations of a game mode, ANet is also responsible of what the game mode favors, through mechanics or rewards for example. They unfortunately lost the “fair fights” player base, out of boredom or exhaustion, and now, this is what remains. In my opinion, no new “fair fights” community can come back as long as toxicity is not cured. That means tighten all the screws everywhere to get rid of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

• Salty whispers from players who can’t accept they’ve been beaten, especially with non-meta funzie’ builds (in fact it doesn’t matter WHAT build/gear/weps you run you will be on a salt collecting spree if you don’t set yourself to “invisible”)

Ha yeah its quite amazing when people cant even be salty right. The other day we where running 2 condi scrappers and 1 power rev… and of course someone whisper conditard. To the power rev. Because of course.

I miss the days when we got a cheese wedge mailed instead, salty players today totally lack class.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Players have the right to play how they want, not how you want them to, as long as it’s within the game design and rule set that the devs created.

This thread, and some comments, seems an awful lot like qqing about some imaginary honor system, for builds and combat, that you are trying to impose on others… sorry, but it doesn’t work that way.

I have my list of gripes, but you don’t blame players for using what the devs provided, you blame the devs for not developing or fixing problematic issues…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

See an amulet system would go a loooooong way to improving this fights. As you know you’ll have a down side to what stats you take. But nope everyone wants there broke kitten

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

See an amulet system would go a loooooong way to improving this fights. As you know you’ll have a down side to what stats you take. But nope everyone wants there broke kitten

No, amulets don’t fix core issues or replace profession development.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Amulets won’t change that WvW class balance is and always has been terrible, when most of the balance issues are down to the design of the classes/skills themselves.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

So the other night I was on SBI borderland mostly to get my dailies and I had already fliped my two camps and claimed my land, so decided to roam a touch. I came across a SBI thief trying to flip their NE camp back to their color while solo and he was struggling. He had the supervisor and one scout on him, but the scout was about to 86 him. I decided to jump inand take the scout out then backed off since I hate it when people hide until my health is gone and I’m on cd before they gang up on me. As I sat on the near by rock to watch him finish taking the camp another thief friend of his tried to gank me. I burst him hard then went and sat back down while he backed off.

At this point he stayed in stealth and instead of helping his friend flip the camp (which he still hadn’t done yet), he waited until 3 more SBI guildies came around to come out of stealth and attack me who was still sitting off to the side.

This is one of the reasons I don’t WvW much anymore.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

Eleazar.9478

Hmmm biggest complaint in this thread, the SUSTAIN CONDI META, right? what does that sound like hmmmmmm let me think…… oh yea PVP season 1 thats right, how did they fix that? oh yea they took out certain stats to encourage snowballing fights and bursty builds. hell this pvp season was funner thankitten

(edited by Eleazar.9478)

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

tRex supposedly some amazing small scale group, had 5 of them chase me down for 2min because…I really don’t know why. 5v1, engaging.

lel, you dont know why, really? I mean you are in STRM, you guys and REN stand out for one reason, your chasing down of solo/duo small man roamers. In off peak hours no less, when some BL’s have like 3ppl. Better get my 8 man to chase that duo down for 5 mins.

Engaging?

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Hmmm biggest complaint in this thread, the SUSTAIN CONDI META, right? what does that sound like hmmmmmm let me think…… oh yea PVP season 1 thats right, how did they fix that? oh yea they took out certain stats to encourage snowballing fights and bursty builds. hell this pvp season was funner thankitten

Actually, not at all. That thread is mostly about some behaviours than build topic (even if it’s been quoted here and there).
Maybe you should seek for advice about your obsession ? ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Erm wrong, the thread is about player behavior, as for PvP, attributing amulet changes as the fix is misleading, the biggest changes were they nerfed the crap out of things like bunker mes, scrapper, rev, etc, changes to skills, traits and even mechanics.

But that is the difference between PvP and WvW, the game gets balanced around PvP (and more recently PvE raids) and WvW just gets the odd crumb, and that is the problem with balance in WvW, your obsession with amulets would change very little.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Eleazar.9478

obbsesion? its logic, if in another player vs player game mode, stats and runes were stalling the fights out and they fixed it by taking the healing/toughness stats and broken runes out, now bunker scrappers, druids, mesmers are not really an issue (they still do have plenty of good viable builds too that use the same skills ect as before) cept for the occasional really good menders ele.

The stat issue is further compunded by food and utility, most of the build you guys are complaining about would no longer be that big of an issue if they controlled the stats better. The style would be still there but they would actually have to use skill to do anything (as they would get hit harder and couldnt heal as much and have less boon uptime)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The mentality of players has changed since the beginning,..and for the worst I’d say.

Nobody but the most tough guy will fight 1m away from keeps or towers, even worst they will try their best to outnumber you. be it using guards or other players.

Everybody try to play to safe, take no risk, always move in group, never fight when outnumbered.

Let me not even start on the roaming scene….nothing but condi bunkers so much that even thieves are now rare

I have no suggestions..just I feel very sorry for those who still look for a challenge, a honest fight, the times of heroic fights , those times where you used to spend hours in WvW having fun…those times are gone and are not coming back.

While I agree with the lack of genitalia displayed (or not displayed as it’s a 13 game) by people in WvW Arena Net does shoulder some of the blame as well for the horrific balancing of classes at the moment.

All I see roaming not near towers are berserkers, DH, thieves, condi mesmers, stealth camping power mesmers, stealth spam stupidly tanky druids and that’s about it in specifically that order and specifically those meta builds. You won’t find much else roaming and the number of DH, berserkers and thieves I see is double that of the other classes mentioned.

This game has become very low risk high reward on a lot of classes, I could play a super tanky condi chrono and win more fights but I choose to run a zerk power shatter with low stealth. The amount of classes that counter me is at an all time high to the point where I am not bothering to fight much anymore and thus play WvW less and less. The counters existed before but the disparity wasn’t so glaring after IP became baseline.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The only way to see fun come back would be to adapt the system to reward spread fighting (Objectives) and punish blobs. Large groups should only be a benefit for keep siege. A side that has two scouts and a blob should totally loose against a bunch of roaming teams and each player feel the diffrence in rewards.
And runes plus some traits that are clearly over the top in WvW should be adapted like in PvP on a regular basis. It´s often not much and even not impeding PvE. Like durability rune which had been removed from PvP for a reason … My opinion here is to remove the boonshare and make it only self. WvW balance will always be behind due to all the gear possibilities. Thats not to bad but should be watched.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Um… duh? What do you expect? never fight outnumbered lol only a few specs are able to take on outnumbered fights, some players also built for specific roles like zerg or support and are not able to fight effectively in roaming scenarios (cause no build templates so it’s a pain to change for every situation).

But no one wants to fight outnumbered unless they are on a class that can handle it like a druid or escape from it like a druid or thief or mesmer. Groups won’t fight outnumbered if they don’t have a decent commander to lead them, that’s why people wait for numbers or for a break in the enemy. 10 pugs vs 20 enemy rarely ends well.

Some people enjoy that part of the game, some don’t, some don’t care either way. Up to you to find the group you want to fight, if you don’t want to fight tower huggers…. don’t hang around towers….

Thieves rare? lol, two weeks ago I was out roaming and 70% of the classes I ran into were thieves the rest were either mesmers, druids, warriors. Even saw thief ganking groups around, both power and condi thieves, hard enough trying to break stealth and kill one thief imagine three or four of them around. That’s why roaming has gone to kitten.

You can’t blame the players on that, you can blame Anet and the kitten balance they refuse to look at for wvw cause “pve”. Players will take the easy road to victory, that’s human nature that you can’t change, that means taking the meta/op class/spec to win fights.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Players have the right to play how they want, not how you want them to, as long as it’s within the game design and rule set that the devs created.

This thread, and some comments, seems an awful lot like qqing about some imaginary honor system, for builds and combat, that you are trying to impose on others… sorry, but it doesn’t work that way.

I have my list of gripes, but you don’t blame players for using what the devs provided, you blame the devs for not developing or fixing problematic issues…

And here I thought this thread was going to be about the population imbalances created by players stacking on servers or fairweathering when there are competition…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I don’t really see point of fighting when game doesn’t even have any kind of players statistics. Much more fun kitten enemy players off.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Haematic.4913

Haematic.4913

how many gems were you bribed with to make this post?

Fort Aspenwood – Haematic, Inclina Deus
http://youtube.com/haematic4913
http://twitch.tv/haematic

in WvW

Justine.6351

lel, you dont know why, really? I mean you are in STRM, you guys and REN stand out for one reason, your chasing down of solo/duo small man roamers. In off peak hours no less, when some BL’s have like 3ppl. Better get my 8 man to chase that duo down for 5 mins.

Engaging?

My guild leader said it best to me when I said don’t chase those people (gankers),

“Every night they chase our tail and gank our allies, so yes we will turn around because they ask for it”

STRM doesn’t 10v2, they wreck annoying little kittens who are trying to 2vX allies trailing behind. And every server at night has people in our tier, most of them you find hiding on siege though because they don’t bother to try and form a team. Last night NSP wrekt STRM with lolhammer revs. And all they had to do was get together and try, not chase our tail for 3 hours hoping for a random kill and 3v1 allies running from spawn.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Hmm, if people didnt buy and play the game they could not be affected by its state…

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

As other people have said, solo roaming isn’t at it’s best right now.

Part of it is how people play. Many refuse to engage without outnumbering targets. Some refuse to leave the safety of towers, camps, allies, and jump people that are having a fight. A lot of it is the product conditioning from a few poor players running the game mode that has made the masses change to get to where we are now.

EG: I am guilty of killing afk players, because too many times, I’ve had people pretend to be afk, walk past them only to get jumped by them and their friends 30 seconds later. I never used to do this. But doing this is the norm now.

The other part is builds and class balance. Which anet is directly responsible for. For example they continue to allow condition mesmer to have the tools it has; the damage it has, and the sustain it has. It is not only a really overinflated kit, but an unenjoyable one to play against. Condi mesmer isn’t the only class that has an unfun kit to play against. Every single class needs some shaves in various areas be it too much passive defense, to much active defense, or too much damage.

The thing is we haven’t had a substantial balance change since HoT. I don’t think we will until it’s too late (the next expansion). I really look forward to the day where the devs change balance to make fighting things like warrior enjoyable again, rather then a tedious unintuitive fights I get from them currently.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

My guild leader said it best to me when I said don’t chase those people (gankers),

“Every night they chase our tail and gank our allies, so yes we will turn around because they ask for it”

Sounds pretty engaging.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

/shrugs

Honestly, nobody should expect zerglings to fight. That’s not really reasonable.

Well, maybe if 50 of them are in a keep.

Realistically speaking, there’s no real way to impose this sort of thing— yes I know people say they want to come in to fight, but as much as some would like to imply, it’s evident that many people play WvW for other reasons, like PPT or w/e. Evidenced by scoring being such a huge agenda and it being voted a priority.

Sure, it’s pretty annoying to see people running condi kittenter/run away builds, but on the other hand I assume quite a few have been bitten too much by +3’ers or just even the whole zerg called on them and they need to just have that level of disnengage.

As for the salt whispers, I’m wondering why that’s a bad thing. Usually if I get a mail from someone that tells me how I ruined their life, it’s a pretty kitten ed good day. I mean, you should ask them to elaborate so they can write a book about you.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Justine.6351

Sounds pretty engaging.

Right we should just allow ourselves to be killed 1 at a time 1v3. Sounds like an amazing experience, for our tryhard haters.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I think this is what they wanted at the end, maybe WvW is in good spot for Anet and they dont want ot change how it is now, it was just a skritage place for the pve players cap tower and recap them only for the chests.

While people figth the outmaned servers the can ktrain with much less fights and much lesser lags, this is what server links are about stacked server with same time and make servers fight other servers with diferent time zone activity peak.

@Supreme i think Anet is the one to blame, they have made very vey poor decisions overall this 4years, this game is far from being inonvative as making a super mario 2d game with DX 12, good graphics means nothing.

Players just expected to much from this game and Anet.

@Anet disable EOTM for one weak.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Most players will always want to fight from an advantage that rarely revolves around skill. Outside of everyone playing the same thing like in old school FPS games, that is just a reality and we even see it in newer games like Overwatch.

Even in games like Words with Friends, at least half the people I play against use websites that offer an advantage. You just have to adapt and play the game the way you get the most enjoyment out of it… or find something else (where the players will do the same thing).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Its not that hard actually. Perma ghost thiefs exist? Me as anet if i find it broken a class being able to do this to completly nuke someone put of condi clears like a necro for ex would see how is it done and make it impossible for that class to do so again. Mesmers one shotting people with shatters? (LOL) again me as anet have the power to shut that build down or tone it down so 1 class cannot one shot another that cannot have a health pool over 20k without being useless. Warriors amazing sustain while extremely damaging? Well me as anet reduce eother damage or heall when certain traits are combined.

IT IS ON ANETS HANDS. they can fix the balance problems on wvw but they never do. The amount of regen warriors have for ex should only be obtainable with a full clerics gear and not with 0 healling power.

in WvW

Posted by: Zxavier Augistine.7312

Zxavier Augistine.7312

I’m a very frustrated player, and i feel as though for all the good anet has done for the game mode over the past year, its just a few drops in the bucket.

I want to say i white knighted Anet for many a year in the past, and now I’m either waking up or going insane. WvWvW has been neglected in areas that cannot be fixed unless certain things are fixed.

The most major issue in WvW is the total LACK of proper balance among the classes. this also plagues the rest of the game. For a game with such great combat and so much variety, its bogged down with so few skills that are worth using. Anet is to balancing is what DSP is to let’s playing, BAD. For years we’ve given anet our ideas on how to balance classes and push them in a good direction, and they take a hard left and expect people to adapt.

we have adapted to using skills that are just less crap than the other options. we receive no answers on feedback they asked for., and we are expected to accept that just because a skill they see as “too over powered” that it justifies its reduction without a well justified increase of another skill in its place. “sure we will nerf revenants utility in boon uptime, but in return we will also keep the traits and utilities of its other lines the same and hope everything falls into place.”

dont get me wrong there are many balances and adjustments they gave us that were well needed and for that i am grateful as are many other people in the community. the downside however is it takes such a long time for the changes to other skills to be done that the meta shifts it self into another hole and sits there waiting for the next change.

WvW is the least updated game type, and i know development time for maps and such takes such a long time and man power and money. However in 4 years Pvp and Pve have had so many maps introduced while WvW had 2, and one was a “lobby”. they are very pretty maps and very interesting however due to lack of getting from point A to B in a timely manor (like the alpine and EB maps) no one wants to play desert because its too big and there are not enough way points, along with it being confusing to traverse.

We did get changes and adjustments and love this past year, however we still have not gotten any sort of word from a WvW dev about any kind of future changes or additions that will be on the table and implemented “eventually”. I and many others understand that employees at Anet are busy and working, some of us even understand deadlines and meetings and even having the axe looming over your head if you dont deliver what is expected of you. however if a PvP dev has time to speak to the pvp forum or on reddit, a representative of the WvW team can at least be allowed 5 minutes on somewhere to type at least 1 paragraph of text.

now for suggestions because im tired of complaining. some kind of incentive to play WvW (i.e. a “legendary back piece” or WvW finishers akin to pvp.) We need the balance team to understand that STABILITY is key to ALL classes, every class needs reliable stability on demand possibly on skills that have seen little to no use. we need the WvW team to understand that SIEGE camping is not a play-style that should be encouraged, we do not need more siege we need more reliable accesses to siege clearing abilities. Finally i would like to see quaggan guards walking along side yaks, because im selfish and i wanted to see something like that for years now.

Cheers.

people are the reason we cant have nice things…
Guild Wars 2: waiting for content simulator.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I think what the OP really has an issue with is the fact that the players are just playing smarter.

Look at roaming, it used to be that you would attack anybody else solo just to see what happened. Now you look at the class and weapon they carry and you can guess whether the fight is going to be easy or hard. Also the roamers/duelists got smart and decided to congregate in certain areas of the maps so they didn’t have to waste time looking for fights. I remember GW1 playing matches where once you got to see the opposing team you knew if it was going to be an easy win, an impossible match or a competitive match.

As for zergs and small teams, there was a time that a smaller group could defeat larger numbers, but with experience, a good comp, and HoT power creep that just doesn’t happen much anymore.

There’s also nothing in WvW that separates the veterans from the new players like sPvP. Sure you have your WvW rank, but the only thing that separates the players is coverage/population, not skill.

Which brings me to the last issue. As the players get more experienced, they learn to “win”, so you have certain servers that went for max coverage, while other servers went with a PPT strategy. Now that PPK is a thing you see other servers have moved to take advantage to that scoring change.

While OP wants the players to share some of the blame, I see it as the players have just gotten better, or they’ve L2P. Maybe the reason you don’t see roamers much anymore is because there’s no variety or build diversity of the classes, which falls on the lack of skill balance (Anet). Also maybe the reason why you don’t see players leave siege range is because they know that they can’t win an outnumbered fight, and with PPK scoring, there’s a real incentive to not die, if you play to win (Anet). Plus maybe the players have learned that the enemy that’s dancing outside your walls is geared for 1v1, while your zerg build is not going to win that fight so don’t even bother….

in WvW

Posted by: Rednar.4690

Rednar.4690

Finding safety in numbers is basic human nature, not much to do about that one. But enemies following the ‘win or flee’ tactic are probably hurting the scene. Turning your back on your enemy should be punished a lot harder.

~Red Kvothe~
Kaineng Server
Leader of The Doors of Stone [DS]

in WvW

Eleazar.9478

Sounds pretty engaging.

Right we should just allow ourselves to be killed 1 at a time 1v3. Sounds like an amazing experience, for our tryhard haters.

I wouldnt go around defending strm theyre pretty bad, just fyi dude, I mean i get why theyre so mad and hate pmy, they have to put alot of salt on those wounds

in WvW

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

i had the same thought over the past days, broski.

wvw is rotten to a grieve mode that doesnt even start to compare to the other modes.
but it started way before hot it was just “allright” again shortly before it.

low risk high reward vs high risk no reward

but than again, whats that “high reward” u gain there? an a bit lesser hurt but still not yet fully healed ego. therefore again and again. but most dont notice that their egos will never get any rest anyway cause of that twisted point of view.
since when will hurting other players more and more will let u feel less hurt?

in essence they kill the gamemode cause they hate it the way it is.

/edit: maybe an honoursystem (for those who say there is none ^^) and a proper class balance would change things but thats another topic pointed out so many times its wasted..

(edited by shinta.8906)

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I agree but that don’t let the boardroom off the hook. They could address most of this but won’t. Right now my server is in a lopsided match thanks to server swaps and sandbagging. Really I’m just over it and its becoming a chore just to log in. If anyone knows of some good alternatives please message me about them.

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Re: roaming

The top tier roaming builds are too good at what they do:

Condi mesmer, Stance Zerker, Thief builds, etc. A player with a “normal” build can’t engage these and have a fun fight or even have a hope of winning, so they don’t engage unless they outnumber the target. This is no fun for anyone and leads to the ganking / running situations described above rather than the fun 1v1, 2v2, etc. fights that used to exist in this game.

in WvW

Justine.6351

Sounds pretty engaging.

I wouldnt go around defending strm theyre pretty bad, just fyi dude, I mean i get why theyre so mad and hate pmy, they have to put alot of salt on those wounds

In what context is STRM pretty bad?
We got players from all aspects of the game,
Asunmaa- spvp
Sky-dueled
Cyc-wvw Frontline hero
Briggs-wvw reaper
Dany-wvw power chrono
Me- druid Roamer
Arkrift-raid/pve know-everything

And multiple others that have the right attitudes. Go crazy and have fun. Strm isn’t an eligist guild who turns away players for being average/ we don’t stack duelers and run around ganking average players. I don’t see how that makes us bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

And here I thought this thread was going to be about the population imbalances created by players stacking on servers or fairweathering when there are competition…

This.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This.

wich is a great thing, its marvelous, not talkign about those stuff.

Imbalanced population is a propriety of those RvR/WvW/Whatever system it is, but they tend to have other mechanics behind to ocupy the players or make players behave in certain way, wich gw2 dont even has it, only structure wvw has is ktrain or change bl to a empty one for good matches of figthing empty towers.

WvW lacks integrity, holds no value for the game, and its guilds, players, and talking about scores and population is a matter of distraction from talkign what is really failling/lacking in this game, what could be done to improve gameplay without “dumb” gimmicks, wich Anet embrace so much…
The game was a very very good model when it was released, 4years laters feel like they have taken more stuff out then improved the game.

So i think players should try to avoid talking of something that cant be fixed that is populations and scores, theres always people in and out, no matter how much the glicko and links tries to pair theres always some numbers that will be missed since its impossible to predict who will stop play due business, or have toz focus in something, Anet should tweak the game for decent gameplay instead of loosing time wich score changes.

Nobody but the most tough guy will fight 1m away from keeps or towers, even worst they will try their best to outnumber you be it using guards or other players.(…)

And That is why most hate DBL, and theres no point of takign stuff if not for the ktrain reward as well, reason EB is the most played map, u got stuff to hide every where and strucures are easy to get since most are empty.

(…)

(…)

Actually Anet have tons of solutions and very simple solutions codewise to turn WvW to a decent battleground, do they want it?
I think they prefer or they are enforcing EOTM behavior in WVW, since no one complainss of class balance and structures that can be bugged there, it must be because it works, it is wonderfull, its great, they believe in the power of statistics even if they dont know how to interptret the data and assume the oposite path.
sorry about the bad english and if the post sound a bit obtuse.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Actually Anet is directly to blame for what you are experiencing. At one point in time the player base was so diversified it allowed you to enjoy the playstyle that you like to play. Now that they’ve ran off the players you are left with what you are seeing.

Gone are the guilds of players who just logged in to WvW looking for a good fight. Those glorious days of WvW are gone forever because soley of Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Player mentality has certainly changed for WvW, it’s almost exactly like EotM now….

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Mostly agree with OP. The issue , as I see it, is that the balance team is to restricted or afraid to shake things up. We get handed a patch and we live with that for however long until the next one. If they had a person in charge and watching that tweaked constantly then the game would stay fresh. Didn’t play GW1 but I’ve heard they had a dude who was pretty on top of that.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

No the problem is they push FOTM builds and slanted matches to promote more server transfers and material burning, All just to milk more money from its player base…It will only get worse till the industry is lined out by regulations…..

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

It really depends – on EU servers the mentality the OP is talking about doesn’t seem to exist. Now in T1 of NA, yes, T2 NA, it is partially there. T3 of NA, not there.

So, it seems the majority of players that have this mentality do server stacking. A.Net would have to be pretty knee-jerk, to stop this (server stacking and then the attitude would die) but I can see why they wouldn’t. It is too heavy handed

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

eotm activity count towards wvw activity, so yes they are the ones to blame from the start

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

eotm activity count towards wvw activity, so yes they are the ones to blame from the start

Someone’s been lying to you. EoTM in fact does not count towards pop count. The devs have said that on numerous occasions.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Someone’s been lying to you. EoTM in fact does not count towards pop count. The devs have said that on numerous occasions.

it does count

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

This subforum has more salt than the actual salt forum.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]