WvW tournament a failure

WvW tournament a failure

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

You can’t match up a rank 9 server and a rank 15 server and expect the match up to be fun.

If you look at the discrepancies between the ranked servers playing this week it should easily point how how terrible this tournament system is. The tournament should be fun and competitive, but this week is completely the opposite due to the idiotic match up system.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/

Take a look at the matches and decide for yourself.

WvW tournament a failure

in WvW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I agree. It’s a kitten ed if you do and kitten ed if you don’t type thing.

Last time people complained because they had no chance if they were locked in a tier where they were last place.

There really isn’t a good way to do this.

WvW tournament a failure

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Last time people complained because they had no chance if they were locked in a tier where they were last place.

Actually, there is….

Its called handicapping. Whenever you want a competition to be competitive with varying skill levels (in WvW case coverage, 1 server has more players or more skilled players or more organised players) you introduce some kind of handicapping system. This would not be terribly hard to do in WvW and would be best implemented vis the points system based on perhaps a average of the previous 4-6 weeks scoring for that server.

However, I understand completely why Anet will never do this. Its because the only reason anyone would transfer server atm is to change WvW servers, as there is no other real reason to transfer. Obviously it costs gems to transfer and a lot of it goes on especially revolving around guilds being lured from world to world for competitive events. Anet would lose that income with a handicapping system so never going to do it.

Finally, I personally disagree this Fall tournament has been a failure, I am on Seafarer’s Rest (EU) and we had some great/awesome battles vs Desolution in week 1. Also, the rewards system is far better this time around, just need more choice of rewards there, that’s all.

WvW tournament a failure

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

welp….either everyone stands together and stops playing for 3 weeks or this stuff will continue…no amount of QQ in the forums has done anything…so…..let’s all play a mud!

(remember those?)

Sincerly, Me.

WvW tournament a failure

in WvW

Posted by: kayo.3817

kayo.3817

On the bright side, we just need to do 5 events and there completes our WvW tournament achievements for the round.

WvW tournament a failure

in WvW

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Yeah I saw TC’s match up this week and had to look at it a few times to make sure I was reading it right……..like………..this basically vacation week for TC.

WvW tournament a failure

in WvW

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Considering that the normal WvW matches servers with medium population vs servers with very high or even full it’s already broken

WvW tournament a failure

in WvW

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Actually, there is….

Its called handicapping. Whenever you want a competition to be competitive with varying skill levels (in WvW case coverage, 1 server has more players or more skilled players or more organised players) you introduce some kind of handicapping system. This would not be terribly hard to do in WvW and would be best implemented vis the points system based on perhaps a average of the previous 4-6 weeks scoring for that server.

However, I understand completely why Anet will never do this. Its because the only reason anyone would transfer server atm is to change WvW servers, as there is no other real reason to transfer. Obviously it costs gems to transfer and a lot of it goes on especially revolving around guilds being lured from world to world for competitive events. Anet would lose that income with a handicapping system so never going to do it.

Finally, I personally disagree this Fall tournament has been a failure, I am on Seafarer’s Rest (EU) and we had some great/awesome battles vs Desolution in week 1. Also, the rewards system is far better this time around, just need more choice of rewards there, that’s all.

I really like the idea of handicapping actually. Not sure how easy or hard it would be to compensate fairly, without giving the lower team too much advantage.

Just imagine how much anger there’d be on the better team’s side if the handicapping was so strong that they couldn’t win.

This would be something very hard to test and implement, but it would be great if it could be done right.

I just don’t think it would be that easy to do right.

WvW tournament a failure

in WvW

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

Really depressing having to fight a server with 10 times your numbers.
I think this is the last straw for me.
The only reason I have to log in to the game atm is my guild.
Shame, could have been a great game.

(edited by HitmanHaydon.1053)