WvW tragic

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Mrs Qurly.9372

Mrs Qurly.9372

I’ll admit it – I’m a WvW tragic; rarely have I missed a day in 2 years. Because of my time zone, I play at times when server population is probably lowest. So you get to know the regular players. It’s always nice to chat to new players, and inevitably they’ll end up telling me that they’re here for legendary / daily / karma / xp or loot. Yesterday I was chatting to a newbie and he told me that he’s playing for (..and you’re not going to believe this…) FUN. Well puppy me!! Nearly fell off my chair.

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

Sometimes when encountering these kind of players, like farmers in crab toss, individuals destroying bridges in EotM with players on them or pvp reward track farmers I wonder if the current reward system (I mentioned only AP tho) is, well… a good thing for this game. What would those modes be without them tho…

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Hey Qurly…. you might fall even further when I tell ya… I’ve been in this game since it came out… and FUN is the only reason I play. It’s about the people I know and simply having fun.. No glicko, no ppt, nothing like that… in WvW I like the fights here and there, and knocking down t3 keeps and towers when we can but there is NO score in my sight. Unless you call FUN a score… that’s it…

… just call me … Tim :)

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Hey Qurly…. you might fall even further when I tell ya… I’ve been in this game since it came out… and FUN is the only reason I play. It’s about the people I know and simply having fun.. No glicko, no ppt, nothing like that… in WvW I like the fights here and there, and knocking down t3 keeps and towers when we can but there is NO score in my sight. Unless you call FUN a score… that’s it…

100% agree. The way you describe playing the game mode is the way I enjoy it as well.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Would have more fun if anet gave WvW the attention it deserves!

As you said a NEW player in WvW
For a veteran player, the current WvW is a beat up yo-yo with a broken string.

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

well im also playing wvw for fun

i’ve even been kicked from a wvw guild for playing wvw for fun, thats how much of a die hard fun-oriented player i am.

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Wvw since beta. Sure it’s not in a great place but many people still play it because nobody really gives a kitten. I still play it and I still find it fun.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I only play this game for fun. I have very little free time (working full time 50+ hours per week). My play time varies. If I start to get bored I drop down to playing only on weekends a couple hours. When its fun its almost daily an hour or 2 per day.

Only grinding I ever consider doing is when I need mats like Aurillium or Crystalline Ore. Even then the events are relatively fun (mindless pew pew is fine now and then). Map Completion? No Thanks!!!

I stopped WvW for almost a year because I got bored with it and preferred pvp. I came back to wvw only a few weeks ago.

I know a fair number of players who are only playing this game for fun . Not for grinding not for legendaries not for Shiny PvP wings. But then again I guess they are my friends because we have the same mindset.

WvW guilds that ask for 100% rep AND must join raids AND must use their builds and even play the class they want? (I know someone who felt compelled to run a class he doesn’t like just to get accepted into guild) LOL they can take a running jump off a high cliff. I play the class I want and the build I want. Roaming and joining pug zergs now and then.

So yeah there are players out there that play for fun.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

I play wvw to torture myself….. must be. Hard work in trying to learn to play and master professions.

WvW tragic

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

I think of wvw as a tedious job with commanders being my bosses. The Worse and more ragy commander the better. Its not fun… Still i log in everyday because its my job…

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout