WvW underwater combat

WvW underwater combat

in WvW

Posted by: tintin.3984

tintin.3984

So I’m sure this has been talked about, but in case it hasn’t i thought of a way in which underwater combat could be a little bit less useless. It sucks being in a fight only to fall in the water, and not be able to fight because your gear is missing a rune, or the skills currently use in your build are disabled. Underwater gear should be determined by the breather, so like in PvP the breather should give you all the stats you need but a little different. Instead of having a mix of stats to choose from, the stats come from what ever stats to make it out to be. One marauder breather (example) should give you the same stat base as having 6 pieces of marauder armor, this applies to the rune as well. The trinkets remain working the way they have, as well as the weapons. This would allow players to have a different builds underwater. For example if rangers, or dragon hunters are running trapper builds with trapper runes, the build becomes useless underwater, as the traps are disabled underwater. Same goes with other skills in which the runes go hand in hand with the skills selected. This gives players a fighting chance to defend themselves, or kill an enemy by having a build which is not limited by a missing rune, or skills that don’t work underwater with current runes used. With this being said, some underwater skills could be reworked so that it makes it just a little more fun, or less useless when falling in the water. Also if you think this would make it OP for some classes, ask your self, how often do you actually fight in the water?

WvW underwater combat

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I enjoy the underwater parts of wvw. It’s interesting to see who you can convince to fight you there.

That said, if you know your build is not going to work in the water, your situational awareness should keep you from it. Other than maybe Bay, there is no contested water areas in wvw, so I hesitate to spend much in the way of resources on it. Even in Bay I’ve only ever seen zergs move in straight lines as fast as they can between shores.

I just think it adds an extra dimension to the game mode that you can choose to ignore if it’s not your thing. If you’re worried about being pulled into the water in some way, treat it like all those instant death falls both Alpine and Desert borderlands have.

WvW underwater combat

in WvW

Posted by: Malkom.5607

Malkom.5607

Yes I’m late on this but not long ago I spent most of 15 minutes underwater fighting two guys who were chasing me relentlessly in the canals near our Keep on Alpine Borderlands.

They ambushed me on the land and as my build was Guardian combat healer it didn’t have much DPS so I went into the canals. Under water I nearly downed one but in the end the effort of going around in circles and trying to ambush them physically exhausted me – i’m over 60 and by the 15 minutes mark just couldn’t control the keyboard and mouse. They finished me off on the land but it was an exciting run for me.

For me, those canals are wondeful place to escape to and very occasionally I beat someone there – most likely newbies or someone drunk

By the way, I don’t have an underwater build, but will certainly try to set something up now.

WvW underwater combat

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

We just need a full underwater map instead of desert bl.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

WvW underwater combat

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I love underwater combat. You have to put a little into it though. Disco from CERN always encouraged people to upgrade their underwater gear. And Dcon is the elite underwater unit of the FA Navy! :P

I have 3 underwater legendaries, 2 ascended underwater weapons (3rd in construction) and 8 ascended breathers. So I’m probably a little obsessive about it.

WvW underwater combat

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Maybe in the future you should actually pay attention to your underwater gear.

A shocking number of people don’t.