WvW unplayable

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Capas.9240

Capas.9240

So even with a computer that should be able to handle wvw easily as well as fast internet, it just lags massively. How are people playing this? Or is everyone just accepting the lag and dealing with it best they can…

I remember times when it lagged occasionally for one or the other reason, now its just one massive lagfest.

So:

1. Is everyone experiencing this lag?
2. Will it be solved any time soon?

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Selexin.1685

Selexin.1685

1. Minimal lag — only with two large (40+) zergs battling it out.
2. May be your ISP

Seaoma / Gord Onfest
[TECH] [PS]
Darkhaven

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So even with a computer that should be able to handle wvw easily as well as fast internet, it just lags massively. How are people playing this? Or is everyone just accepting the lag and dealing with it best they can…

I remember times when it lagged occasionally for one or the other reason, now its just one massive lagfest.

So:

1. Is everyone experiencing this lag?
2. Will it be solved any time soon?

What CPU are you using? If your CPU is weak, you’ll experience a lot of lag, even if you have a top of the line graphics card.

I have an AMD 8320 and it runs even thick WvW fights without issue.

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

over the last month or so there’s been a lot of issues with some games and associated services getting DDOSed, GW2 was one such target.

If you recently experienced way more lag than you would usually in the same circumstances, this was likely the cause.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

I never lag

not a very impressive setup (pretty old but still runs fine):
w7x64/core 2 quad/4 gig ram/gtx 580 vid/ST4000DM000 hdd

everything turned up to high (I think i have something turned to medium though I dont remember what off hand).

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: egalon.1702

egalon.1702

I expierence the same. Not the best PC, but I didnt had laags before, and now, after the Lions Arch patch, WvW ist just a mess in some cases.

Egalon
[void] No Content
Gunnars Hold

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Capas.9240

Capas.9240

Well my processor is fine, it was quite unusual lag because woe is me, once I made this post and entered WvW it was gone… So maybe DDOS, it sounds plausible..

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

After the Lion’s Arch patch I have been having over the top lag issues of which I normally do not have.

Pancakes
Thief

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Just had this incredibly bad lag on EB as Augury and Gunnars clash inside AR Keep and it was unplayable, there’s not much we can do.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Just had it on EB as Augury and Gunnars clashed inside AR Keep, there’s not much we can do.

It was a mess. Many of us had to bail. Even the autoattack didn’t work.

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

For the past 2 – 3 weeks – not sure if it was EoTM or Lion’s Arch patch, I have frequent skill lag like there used to be 6 months ago. And, as it’s followed up by skill haste, it’s nothing local, has to be Anet servers.

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Many, many people on Augury Rock (EU) complain about excessive lags on EBG… BL’s are apparently fine.
And not everyone is lagging / and/or not at the same time. Like half my guild complain they can’t do anything, but I do fine, and suddenly they are “hooray, it works”, and it’s my turn to be unable to launch anything… Then we all are able to get our skills working, and you see messages from the pug group that they lagg…

Hope that whatever it is that creates that will get resolved before tournament…

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

So many ppl have don’t know the difference between lag and low fps. Do you even lift?

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

I was just in a zerg fight at bay. well… I was outside the inner walls…. timing with a stopwatch….. you see it took 9 seconds for skill 1 to activate after I pushed the button. it took 12 seconds for weapon swap. This lag has been a problem for me since the lions arch living story came out. I just figured I would offer some actual data other than saying hurhur game r slow. please…. if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. I haven’t been able to play on NA prime time in a week.

Pancakes
Thief

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Many, many people on Augury Rock (EU) complain about excessive lags on EBG… BL’s are apparently fine.
And not everyone is lagging / and/or not at the same time. Like half my guild complain they can’t do anything, but I do fine, and suddenly they are “hooray, it works”, and it’s my turn to be unable to launch anything… Then we all are able to get our skills working, and you see messages from the pug group that they lagg…

Hope that whatever it is that creates that will get resolved before tournament…

It’s still a problem in the Borderlands, any keep fight or three-way brings the skill lag. I guess it could be the matchup though since there’s a lot of deso/gunnars/ar players complaining here, the fights this match-up are mostly zone blob vs zone blob vs zone blob.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

WvW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Just had it on EB as Augury and Gunnars clashed inside AR Keep, there’s not much we can do.

It was a mess. Many of us had to bail. Even the autoattack didn’t work.

Yeah, I went to take a look at the Gate and got chased away but I couldn’t even get away without teleporting around even before the gate went down and the fight inside occurred.
This is skill lag at it’s worse.
I haven’t had much problem in any LA overflow in comparison.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.