WvW vs AR infusions

WvW vs AR infusions

in WvW

Posted by: Salocin.2783

Salocin.2783

Hello,
I am a player who enjoys any aspect of the game (spvp, wvw, pve). I don’t do alot of fractals these days, but still enjoy them from time to time with guildies.

At the time WvW infusions were released i filled nearly all my slots with them, because lets face it, those “free” stats are pretty much irresistible for any PvE’er.

The problem: I now am excluded from entering higher frac levels, unless I craft a whole new ascended set. This system seems too harsh for me (the infusions aren’t exactly cheap) and seems to go against Arenanets casual-friendly view.

Solution: make infusion gems interchangeable, so replacing a WvW with an AR one won’t destroy the first.

TLDR; WvW and AR infusions need to be swapped at will without destroying the first, so WvW’ers won’t be excluded from fractals.

WvW vs AR infusions

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Swapping to AR is not that big of a lose. Some player got enough AR from their trinkets alone. At best the wvw infusions add 6% guard killer 8% guard defense. So unless you roam alot it is not that useful.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

WvW vs AR infusions

in WvW

Posted by: Salocin.2783

Salocin.2783

They also add among other stats 5 power each .. × 14 ascended = 70 power. That’s significant. And for higher fracs only swapping trinkets simply won’t do

WvW vs AR infusions

in WvW

Posted by: Froom Ethron.6938

Froom Ethron.6938

or you can get infused back/ring/ring with + 5AR versatile simple infusion and +40AR in infusions. That coupled with earring/earring/necklace with +15AR in total will give you +70.
now you don’t need to get new armor.

WvW vs AR infusions

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Arenanets casual-friendly view.

This already ended with Ascended gear.