WvWvW Alliances

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

These shouldn’t be allowed. It’s WvWvW… not Wv 2xW. So far as I know, this isn’t how the game was intended to be played. People speaking of them publically in these forums etc. is ridiculousness. If one server can’t beat another, they shouldn’t be allowed the crutch of having another server team up with you. Instead they should be forced to improve. It’s cowardly and dishonors both of the allied servers.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Prototype.9852

Prototype.9852

It’s working as intended. Alliances don’t exist. It’s something the server that is getting owned is creating just to find an excuse for their loss. Believe me it’s impossible to make alliances since a lot of people on the field are pugs, and are going to fight red names without even looking at the server name.

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon.3601

Epsilon.3601

These shouldn’t be allowed. It’s WvWvW… not Wv 2xW. So far as I know, this isn’t how the game was intended to be played. People speaking of them publically in these forums etc. is ridiculousness. If one server can’t beat another, they shouldn’t be allowed the crutch of having another server team up with you. Instead they should be forced to improve. It’s cowardly and dishonors both of the allied servers.

“Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to butthurt.”
- Yoda, commenting on the path to butthurt

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Proto… there have been threads on this forum where people are complaining about their allied server attacking them and then apologies… and then the thread gets deleted Yes randoms do still attack the allied server, but then the above happens and it’s to a very small extent. I don’t even think that I’ve had to face allied servers in WvWvW yet (so far as I know). However it does go on and is talked about in here. It just shouldn’t be allowed and there should be consequences.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Prototype.9852

Prototype.9852

Dude, believe me it’s impossible to ally with a server, and even if it was, it’s part of war. I probably am on the server that got double teamed the most and yet I’m still saying this.

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

I would be shocked if alliances weren’t formed, implicit or overt, I would be even more shocked if they then didn’t backstab each other. Part of the game for me.

Classically the two weaker protagonists will buddy up to only attack the big baddie. At some point, probably when one of the allies is doing to well or indeed very poorly, the other will take the opportunity to sweep in and eat the easy targets.

Sounds excellent to me.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Considering WvW mechanics boost the leader, it’s the only way.

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Arasuki.6094

Arasuki.6094

the enemy of my enemy is my friend
/thread

[DU]Arasuki – Ranger
Down Under – Stormbluff Isle

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Currently the leader have such a great advantage that allying with the other losing server is the only solution. Sadly, it’s really hard and I didn’t see anyone pulling it off. Without communication, it’s just random

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Currently, the second-ranked server loses too little ELO and has an interest in allying with the leader against the weakest server…which, of course, is ridiculous game design.

It doesn’t happen every time, but it happens often enough; and when it does the week-long match is even more pre-decided and boring.

ANet devs are still grappling with the basic rule of the RvR: all sides must have a reason to show up on the battlefield, a fair shot at something that matters to them.

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Armo.6208

Armo.6208

i have never understood why some people see it as natural that the 2 losing servers would ally againts the leading server? For me it would be more logical for the last placed server to concentrate fighting against the second placed server as would the leading server in order to secure its lead..
As in my match where the last placed server (from my point of view) has been given free reign to claim back its territory and is attacking my server all the while the leading server is concentrating its attacks on us. when we are wipe by them both then the last placed will lose its territory to the leading one.

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Rraarrww.3894

Rraarrww.3894

Dude, believe me it’s impossible to ally with a server, and even if it was, it’s part of war. I probably am on the server that got double teamed the most and yet I’m still saying this.

Proto you need to seriously wake and stop living in this fantasy world of yours. 2 servers most certainly do team up against the stronger server. It’s happened many many times and has even been confirmed on the forums. You can see it when you go into WvWvW by just looking at the maps. This doesn’t mean that they’ve signed some treaty or won’t attack each other from time to time. They will attack the strongest server before each other and that’s a fact. You need to wake up and stop acting like people are imgaining these things.

BTW I don’t think it’s cheating in the slightest nor do I think it’s a bad strat. It makes the game more interesting for the dominant server and only those whiners call it cheating or unfair.

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

“Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to butthurt.”
- Yoda, commenting on the path to butthurt

I need to steal this…

Seriously though, the amount of crying that occurs on these forums about every little thing is utterly mind boggling…

Orbs…cry
“night capping”…cry
Alliances…cry

Holy crap, have some of you people never had to actually think for yourselves at all yet? I mean, I know it’s easy to simply claim you cannot compete/over-come such a monumental (laugh) obstacle, but really…

Many of you act as if these are all new mechanics and no game has had to deal with it before.

(edited by Phaedryn.3698)

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Ugtharson.5279

Ugtharson.5279

Alliances do happen. I play on Gandara and there have been a number of instances of blatant “ganging up”. Jade Sea gave one of thier keeps to Fort Ranik whilst zerging our spawn zone. Our players have seen instances of One of these servers protecting anothers keep while they were assaulting one of ours. I wouldnt mind so much if we were winning and were “the big bad guy” you speak of. But were not. Oddly enough when facing 2 servers working together we are getting hammered! Its not how the game was intended to be played but I dont see anyway of stopping people from doing it. We’ll Im looking forward to the next matchup as they are now split up. Lets see how well they fare on a level playing field. I hope they get tonked

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Lyan.6804

Lyan.6804

You know how i see it? They need 2 servers to attack us, means we are a threat, gives me joy in fact. Better joy when we kill both servers in each side at our garrison.
Better yet, let them all pass outer gate, they see red and kill eachother so they help us.
Sometimes its very annoying since u cant make a move without the other server ganking and sandwich u, but thats WvW.
That cant be avoided, it makes ppl lose the fun but u gotta get over it. Even in RL wars ppl have allied to take down others.

Gandara Commander [SN]
Ly Ann at ur service

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

its pvp, people don’t have to play nice as long as they stay within the mechanics outlined by arena net and don’t artificially alter the game (hacking) then just deal with it or failing that drown your enemies with your tears…. your call

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

It’s called WvWvW and not something like wvw+wvw+wvw.
Of course, every of the 3 worlds will bring their own agenda. Every world has their own goals and if there’s a mutual interest in non-aggression between 2 sides… So be it, as long as the interests stay mutual, if they don’t, one of the sides will be backstabbed. It’s a cruel world after all, don’t expect people to play nice.
Btw, most alliances don’t even need an agreement. It’s just 2 agendas overlapping and the other server feeling the pressure of 2 servers attacking them while merely fortifying the border to one another.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

WvWvW Alliances

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

These shouldn’t be allowed. It’s WvWvW… not Wv 2xW.

The only reason why there is 1v1v1 and not 1v1 is to encourage alliances (teaming up). It’s not against the rules. On contrary it’s promoted.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.