WvWvW Ideas?

WvWvW Ideas?

in WvW

Posted by: Nijah.1542

Nijah.1542

A lot of people complain about WvW zergs being so annoying which I agree with. I have an idea to make things harder/punish large zergs. What if there were natural disasters ie. Tornados or Lightning Strikes that were attracted to zergs (More likely to be activated the larger the zerg. ie. 30% Chance 60+ in certain radius/ 70% chance 130+ in radius etc.) that would have to split them up or something like that to make things interesting. Or other things like Scarlett minion attacks on Camps to make them neutral again. Just something different. Do you guys agree? If not why not and what ideas do you guys suggest?

- ICEboundSOLDIER

WvWvW Ideas?

in WvW

Posted by: Istaf.1953

Istaf.1953

I don’t want anything that effects gameplay directly like that. That kind of stuff tends to be more annoying than anything.

In my opinion, the only way the can fix the zerg problem is to scrap the borderlands. The maps are just too small and people can travel too fast. To get rid of zerging, they have to make it more effective to not zerg, which as things are now, is the most effective way 90% of the time.

This however will most likely never happen, and to be honest I don’t think zergs are a problem. It’s just how some people want to play. People like large battles and no matter what they do people will do it. They should instead embrace the way things are and work around them and not stir the pot so much.

[RET] Medicalstaf
Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

WvWvW Ideas?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I think a large proportion of zergs like to zerg. You’re anonymous and if your zerg gets wiped, it’s not your fault, you are but one man. There’s zero pressure to perform — you can stand at the back and do nothing — no one will notice. Furthermore, you get loot bags so you do feel like you’re contributing. If you look at it this way, there’s no downside to zerging.

WvWvW Ideas?

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Zergs get the best rewards (they cap fastest) for the lowest risk (AoE damge cap) – why would you do anything else?
Until Anet change the rewards to make other ways of playing WvW more profitable, or as profitable for the same risk, then zerging will remain.

Ideas:

1. Reduce capping rewards based on the number of players involved
  2. Increase the rewards for capping with small numbers
  3. Increase rewards for other non-zerg behaviour (e.g. defending location against an attack)