WvWvW == You will never see more than ~60-80 people !?

in WvW

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

I know there are limits what a gameengine can do but I have played WHO back in the old days, 400 vs 400 players breaking the server while fighting over a castle, every player was displayed…of course this was not coming without lag, but you were at least seeing the people you fought.
In GW2, it seems that you are not able to see more than ~60-70 people at a time, in a larger fight I’m only seeing the people around me, if there are 50 of my people near me, I nearly can’t see any enemy at all. Moving a bit to a side / towards an enemy or my ground moves a bit away or the main enemy force is running a bit further, players start popping up on my screen. Of course you are getting dmg from all the invisible enemies!
This is totally gamebreaking, and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one experiencing this.

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Yep it is gamebreaking, invisible zergs everywhere, you are not alone this happens all the time both in PvE and WvW. It is surprising that ANet has designed WvW for 500 people per map, knowing the engine can not display more than 100 people in a synchronized way. How often do you scout a keep that’s being attacked, and see only projectiles hitting the gate, shot from empty places around it? How often do you charge a few people together with your 15 person group, only to get lolwtfpawned within seconds, and see a 50 person raid materialize around you few seconds after you died? How often do you shoot at air desperately hoping you’ll hit anything, because nothing is visible? Happens all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Armo.6208

Armo.6208

yea that is fun,. thought i would take the ballista and shoot enemies when defending a keep. I saw skills going of spells and such but no people so couldn’t target anyone becaus ethey were all bloody invisible.
Not to forget the occasions one runs with a group of people to suddenly find yourself in the middle of the enemy zerg that wasn’t there a second agp atleast not on my screen.

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

Last night while taking Dreaming Bay we came from the northern inner gate to the lords room and I rounded the corner, killed the altar, went up to the second level and made 2 laps while aoe’ing before a single enemy rendered or started to attack me.

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Should be trivial for the devs to change it so enemies take precedence in being rendered over allies.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”