WvWvW/badge gear has unfair price and time to get

in WvW

Posted by: Morzul.4625

Morzul.4625

Comparing the price and the time to get the WvWvW/badge gear items to the same level karma/dungeon gear items it is ridiculously unfair against the badge gear.

The nominal price is quite the same of the badge and the dungeon gears, yet the dungeon gear an be obtained much faster and more reliable. You do the dungeon, you get the currency, fixed amount, and always, no RNG. Same time, in WvWvW badge are random and nowadays seems to very very rare.

Exotic karma gear also obtainable faster than badge gear, karma income is fast, can be done both in WvWvW and PvE.

That is totally unfair against players, who play WvWvW majorly, want the Invader gear stat, especially the weapons and the trinkets, as no dungeon/karma/crafted items has that same attribute set (pow,vit,tou).

I think either the price of the items – at least the weapons and trinkets – should be lowered, at least to 2/3 of the current price, OR the drop rate of the badges should increased, the time/effort to get will be inline with the other lvl80 exotic gears’s time/effort to get.

in WvW

Posted by: Morzul.4625

Morzul.4625

You know what dear shortcake! I already have a full exotic set (except back and breather item), crafted ones. So thank you for your very constructive post.

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

The randomness and the loot bags makes W3 exotics a pita at best to get. Grinding out a dungeon or karma is faster… which makes 0 sense in a PvP oriented game. Not sure what they are thinking here.

in WvW

Posted by: Arakinis.5372

Arakinis.5372

I don’t think the OP is crying about not having a full exotic set after 2 days of WvW, but he’s right the badges seem broken right now in WvW, here’s my post from an earlier thread.

I agree, there needs to be a change to how badges drop…Right now it is god awful, and really only rewards people for killing blows and not much else. Is there a reason badges aren’t awarded for events in pvp? I seems silly to me that we pretty much get pve (karma) rewards for pvp/wvw events. I feel that they should drop the karma and give badges instead, doesn’t have to be a lot, but anything is better than what it is now. Spent 3-4 hours last night in EB and not a single badge.

Arakinis ~ Lvl 80 Thief ~ Isle of Janthir
Team Legacy – [TL]
-Wipe them out…all of them

in WvW

Posted by: rndmize.9274

rndmize.9274

I don’t think anyone wants a full exotic set after two days. Problem is I have 800+ kills in WvW, I’ve spent probably 10 hours a week in it minimum since 10 days after launch, I do most of the jumping puzzles with regularity… and I’m still more than a hundred badges from getting a greatsword. Which would be my first badge item. I don’t see how spending a month at a time for a single piece of equipment is anything other than absurd.

Jade Quarry | Feign Disorder | Guardian
Interested in discussing WvW strategy? Contact me in-game.

in WvW

Posted by: InterSlayer.5821

InterSlayer.5821

You don’t need to get the killing blow to get a badge.

WvW gear and cost are pretty crappy. They also look awful. You’re better off getting gear from Dungeons or Crafting.

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Don’t forget the complete lack of stat diversity so players can get a set of gear that suits their build. If I want a set of WvW gear I need to not only farm the badges to get it, I also need to farm another exotic set(dungeon, karma, or crafted) with the stats I want then transmute the WvW skin.

I used to worry about badges but now I realize there is no point. Even if I had the badges I still need to farm PvE to get exotic pieces with the stats I want. It gets even worse when you try to have multiple builds.

in WvW

Posted by: hunTShoo.1247

hunTShoo.1247

you can reach ways 240k karma faster then 390badges (needed just for the chest).
for karma you can a unique skin with the same stats like the standard-skin pvp armor does.

some kind of readjustment should be though off

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Really, the level 80 WvW exotics are just way overpriced. The PvP armor skins are rather bland too and does not justify the grind factor. Also, the weapon skins should really be using the Mystic Forge skins and the Mystic Forge skins should have the much visually blander PvP skins.

in WvW

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

I play a mid-level (45) character and I help where I can, how I can. I loot everything I can, and I have almost 300 badges saved up after roughly a week or so of actual playing.
It takes a while to get that gear, and while badges are quite the crap-shoot, I really don’t think it takes too long of a time to get stuff.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: valdamus.6289

valdamus.6289

the only exclusive items that wvw has are powr+vit+tough exotic accessories. the gear you can get with karma (minus the helm) and for helm+weapons just farm dungeons. rare accessories + rare back you can get with karma.

in WvW

Posted by: swilkers.5938

swilkers.5938

This post is a few days old but I find that the tokens aren’t dropping in WVW as often as they were previously. This seems like a no brainer to fix. Just increase the drop increments.

Blackgate Server
Charr – Ranger
Human – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

what about siege. is 1 badge worth 1 silver?
I get 2g and 20 badges in a good hour, so is that equal to 2g 20silver?
anyone can farm 4g an hour with some MF, so if the earning in WvW was to equal the earning in farmlands (ie. Orr), then shouldn’t we be getting 200 badges per hour?
Siege would become an issue though…

Would be cool if commander cost 10k badges instead of 100g…

in WvW

Posted by: Zinthros.6589

Zinthros.6589

Badges need to auto-loot straight from bags. Read: teleported into your inventory.

They also need to adjust the drop rate or maybe change the way they drop, but not drastically increase their number or cut armor prices. Exotic Invader’s weapons however need to take a severe price dive OR receive unique skins. As is they are priced like prestige skins when they are using a skin you can pick up for a couple thousand karma in the same area.

The armor needs to stay rare though, or everyone will be decked out in their favorite pieces within a month or two. It’s prestige armor. PVP prestige armor. It should be hard to earn and shout “HEY EVERYONE, I’M KIND OF A BIG DEAL. A LOT OF PLAYERS DIED FOR THIS ARMOR!”

Varamyr Langkron / Kirk Vandergrift
Commander on Tarnished Coast [RE]
Greatsword Ranger before it was cool

in WvW

Posted by: SnowZone.4086

SnowZone.4086

as no dungeon/karma/crafted items has that same attribute set (pow,vit,tou).

incorrect, the first stat distribution on AC dungeon gear is Pow > vit = tou, aswell as the second stat distribution on CoE gear and the third stat distribution on HotW gear

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Valiev.3428

Valiev.3428

I’ve grinded out the chest already…havn’t checked my kills or can do it from here…but meh want to complain about a grind, go play Aion.

That is a grind…this is funny time.

gloryordeath.net

in WvW

Posted by: Hux.8739

Hux.8739

W3 is a huge karma fest anyways. You can W3 and buy the karma exotics. I think everyone knows there are some exotic sets that are cheap and some that are expensive, figure it out.

Huxer(EC) Economic Collapse
Asura Warrior
BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I agree. I got 400k karma in WvW and 550 badges (and I was doing puzzles too). I can buy any full karma set, but only 2 pieces of WvW gear. Clearly not in balance.

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

The drop rate is fine for badges. The auto to inventory is an absolute must though. Without question I missed probably 1/2 the bags because I don’t really ever find myself being able to just stand in one place and click while I’m fighting

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

yeap. Ugly. Poor stat accolation(variety at least). expensive.

in WvW

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

Guy stands next to me while I am fighting this warrior.
“Hey, help me out will you?”.
“Sorry, busy spamming “finish him” button"
“What?”
I kill warrior and he finishes him.
He gets badge.
Trollface.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: Celestian.2689

Celestian.2689

I make more gold and karma in RvR than I do badges. I can buy 3-4 pieces of karma gear or craft (buy mats) 2-3 pieces of gear in the time it takes to get 1 piece of badge gear.

Crafting is better for me anyway as I can get specific stats I want. Just seems silly that badge gear takes so much longer and has the same amount of “stats”.

Sanctum of Rall – Vigilance
Mesmer/Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Badges seem awfully weird as a drop. Some people can go into WvW for an hour and come out with 200 badges. I can WvW every day and come out with 200 badges after a week. I have similar amount of kills to a friend of mine, but he has double my badges. This makes me think that because I’m a warrior who plays in melee I miss a lot of bags that my ranger friend might not miss because hes using a bow.

Badges need to be made to automatically go into the inventory.

in WvW

Posted by: Arkiels.9016

Arkiels.9016

I put in a respectable amount of wvwvw time and I’m still saving for my amulet! Another 50 to go. I’m at 1650 kills.

I play a hammer/staff Guardian and I know I’ve missed tons of bags. Sometimes I notice they take awhile to spawn.

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

I agree with the OP, the time to get badges seems way off. Last night I was in Eternal for 4 hours pretty much actively fighting in large battles the entire time and only got 8 Badges! So my acquisition rate was 2 per hour. That is absurd.

I also deposited all my money in my bank to see how much I would earn in WvW. At the end of the 4 hrs I acquired 79 Silver, 1 Ecto and maybe 30 platinum and mithril. That is LOW compared to 4 hrs spent in PvE.

So yes I agree A.Net needs to balance out WvW to offer the same quantity of rewards vs time as PvE otherwise it is not fair to those who do not WANT to PvE. I should be able to spend equal time in WvW and each just as much and get the gear I want just as fast.

Oh and A.Net you need to make more WvW skins! The ones you have currently are kinda lame looking for what I have to spend to get and also are very very limited in stats and looks. There should be 5 or more sets available JUST LIKE PVE.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: Markoff.3061

Markoff.3061

Well i would have to agree with this thread. In the time its taken me to earn, at lvl 80 exclusively from wvw, the karma required for 6 bits of exotic armour from the vendors in Orr, ive earnt about 400/450 badges, with over 1500+ kills in wvw. Now i will admit im terrible at picking up loot bags in wvw sometimes (This is an issue i get the impression Anet is working on trying to give us auto-loot…) But even so, i got 6 armour pieces in the time it took me to gain enough tokens for 1.5 maybe 2 if i’d picked up all the bags. All in all thats a pretty absurd rate of aquisition. Oh and the cosmetics are rubbish too, on heavy armour anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

Invader set do not have better stats but its more like a prestige armor like a guy mentioned here. When you see someone with full invader set you can be sure that he spent a lot of time killing people and supporting his server. I know there are problems on acquiring badges (sometimes unfair) but overall, its the indication of your pvp skill in wvw. Its more valuable than mere exotics. Personaly I am thinking about getting it for the skin only, I do not prefer stats.

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Jewel.1457

Jewel.1457

Yeh it does seem way off compared to other methods. I was able to finally buy my first piece the other day.. 1300 kills later. I have obviously missed a few bags but what I have noticed is that it only matters if you get a few hits in on a downed opponent… That is just silly.

I think they just need to give tokens out for other wvw things… Completing events like capture and defence a definite, and maybe even a random token now and then for helping to build siege or resing someone.

Gamey Blog: Healing the Masses - with the soul of thine enemy
Eriena of JQ-warrior forever