WvWvW exploration

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

So i’ve ran into a MASSIVE problem while going for the 100% map exploration: I’m in seafarer rest and we’re stuck in tier 1, been second from quite a lot of time, our color is NEVER changing from blue.
Green has like 90% of the maps ALL of the sodding time. I cannot even think of entering one of their base in the borderlands since they’re constantly under thier control and vistas are obviously out of reach as well.

How is one supposed to complete the map that way? Come on it’s stupid and needs fixing, or at least make the colors rotate and not based on your standing, me and people from the server that go for the 100% exploration now will NEVER be able to achieve WvWvW completion this way :\

And i don’t want to switch server only to complete the map …

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Timpsu.9324

Timpsu.9324

Don’t worry: next week Desolation will become blue and you will be red. U won’t get the green parts, but that’ll probably happen when u move to T2.

[TLA] – Desolation

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Air.3154

I am only mostly missing green, and moving in t2 it’s gonna require a crapload of time still. It’s just incredibly annoying, why the hell put wvwvw in the exploration stuff! You can’t even explore unless you have the keeps, not to talk about the vistas inside the keep or even worse in stonemist.
I dunno it feels kinda of a cheap move.

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Timpsu.9324

Timpsu.9324

I’ve heard that ANet is trying to implement some kind of color rotation outside of the current rank. But, of course, there’s no schedule on when and if this will come so I wouldn’t put too much faith in it.

[TLA] – Desolation

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Air.3154

Yeah color rotation would surely help cuz seriously, i want to get a legendary but the wvwvw exploration was a massive kick in the balls.

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

You want a legendary but don’t want to go through too much hassle in obtaining it? :/

Please note that all those hardcore WvW players need to get into PvE to get their map completion, and there are quite a bit more vista’s, POI’s and waypoints to find in the PvE map than in WvW..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Air.3154

No the point it’s not the hassle, it’s the impossibility to get it if your server isn’t doing good. I wouldn’t mind exploring it if the point of interest and vista were obtainable just by hanging next to the building and vistas around.
But the way it is now, you NEED to have the keeps to enter them and get the PoI AND vistas.
Color rotation it’s gonna help but you need to realize it’s still an absurd crap to go through. Pve exploration it’s surely longer but you don’t have to deal with something so “uncontrollable” like the server well-being in WvWvW. You can do that in the free time and with calm, nothing it’s escaping you or is unobtainable, unlike in WvWvW where if your server isn’t literally flooding others with zerg (like viz in t1 atm) you’re unable to obtain vistas and points of interest unless you’re in luck.

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Agree with that, the PvE part of the map completion is a lot easier but also a lot bigger. And the only tedious thing about those PvE stuff are the Champion mobs that you can encounter on your way to a specific Vista..
Nevertheless, you only need a small group to capture a tower/keep in WvWto get the POI and Vista inside it.. And especially now that the attack marker is shown with a 30 seconds delay, you should be able to golem rush anything with some people before the defenders can react (in the assumption that the tower/keep isn’t (well) defended by players).

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Air.3154

It depends really as it is now in T1 you simply have no time to do anything before getting swarmed by a massive zerg x_X

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

Ah, so you want legendary, but don’t have to work to get it. Pvers……
A simple search of the wvw forums would have provided you an answer, from all the other pvers who want things simple.

Sorry if this post offends you, but posting in wvw forums, where many hardcore wvwers post and complaining how it is so hard for a pver to get legendary is laughable.

Legendary weapons was suppose to be difficult to get and given to people who mastered all parts of the game. Unfortunatly, that is not the case due to people want something for nothing.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Air.3154

Ah, so you want legendary, but don’t have to work to get it. Pvers……
A simple search of the wvw forums would have provided you an answer, from all the other pvers who want things simple.

Sorry if this post offends you, but posting in wvw forums, where many hardcore wvwers post and complaining how it is so hard for a pver to get legendary is laughable.

Legendary weapons was suppose to be difficult to get and given to people who mastered all parts of the game. Unfortunatly, that is not the case due to people want something for nothing.

Yeah cuz obviously me being good at the game will make it possible for the server to start magically winning and getting points. Flawless logic.

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

SFR has had green 8 times, most recently 4 weeks ago. Seems like its your own fault.

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

I think every one who has gone for the 100% map exploration has had to overcome this problem.. myself included. I was lucky – the week that I had the chance to complete my 100%, Deso happened to own the last place I needed to complete.

The solution would be to have a neutral state. In the same way that players can stand-down from representing their Guild, Anet should provide a tick box in the WvW tab that sets a player as neutral. You can only tick (or un-tick) whilst outside WvW. If you are neutral, you cannot be targeted, and you can enter any keep.

The only adverse aspect of this would be the accusations of spying .. hmm .. not sure how to handle that..

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Air.3154

I think every one who has gone for the 100% map exploration has had to overcome this problem.. myself included. I was lucky – the week that I had the chance to complete my 100%, Deso happened to own the last place I needed to complete.

The solution would be to have a neutral state. In the same way that players can stand-down from representing their Guild, Anet should provide a tick box in the WvW tab that sets a player as neutral. You can only tick (or un-tick) whilst outside WvW. If you are neutral, you cannot be targeted, and you can enter any keep.

The only adverse aspect of this would be the accusations of spying .. hmm .. not sure how to handle that..

mark everything gray on the map and not say where people you met is from?

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Air.3154

SFR has had green 8 times, most recently 4 weeks ago. Seems like its your own fault.

Seems like you’re kinda missing the point.

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

You want a legendary but don’t want to go through too much hassle in obtaining it? :/

Please note that all those hardcore WvW players need to get into PvE to get their map completion, and there are quite a bit more vista’s, POI’s and waypoints to find in the PvE map than in WvW..

Dont forget about the 340+ kitten heart quests you have to do. If it was just the vista’s poi and waypoints I would do it, but the heart quests is a deal breaker for me.

~ AoN ~

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The point is of course that the current matches stay forever, as the match-matching is broken. Now, that SFR is only T4 quality, but will stay in T1 forever, things became a little bit difficult.

With 500 gems you can switch to a green medium populated server and for another 500 gems you can switch back to SFR after a week (if you really want), but if you only want PvE on SFR you can immediately guest back to SFR as well. Not really expensive compared to the price of an legendary.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

WvWvW exploration

in WvW

Air.3154

The point is of course that the current matches stay forever, as the match-matching is broken. Now, that SFR is only T4 quality, but will stay in T1 forever, things became a little bit difficult.

With 500 gems you can switch to a green medium populated server and for another 500 gems you can switch back to SFR after a week (if you really want), but if you only want PvE on SFR you can immediately guest back to SFR as well. Not really expensive compared to the price of an legendary.

That was the idea, tough i’d have to get a decent green server and possibly be done with wvwvw once and for all. it kinda sucks tbh, i think i will leave wvwvw completion last, hoping that sfr drops a tier and gets the green.

It’s just annoying having to be forced to switch server: alot of the guys who have 100% either exploited the first period of the game (with the bandwagon of people jumping server to server) or are in a decent tier where stuff actually switches around. Now that jumping freely around is not longer possible, 100% completion while being on either sfr or deso become a kitten lot harder if not impossible,. forcing people to either move or hope for drop in tiers.

It’s stupid cuz this could be uber easily fixed with the colors actually swapping around :\ and not only based on the leaderboard.