WvWvW has been a complete, total, comprehensive failure

in WvW

Posted by: jboynton.7894

jboynton.7894

Anet needs to do two things.

1) Implement a $25 fee for server transfers and extend the transfer time out to once every 30 days.

2) Implement time zone consideration into matchmaking.

The fair-weather server hoppers combined with the total lopsidedness of WvW largely due to the two reasons listed above make what would otherwise be the single best aspect of game-play a disaster.

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

right now its possible to play 1 vs 500 they should make it so there cannot be more than 2/3 as much players as the other teams and the invincible bug? well they have to do something about this.

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

So I decided to transfer to a server in the tier with the closest match up, and to my dismay it was still zerg vs door. Worst part was, everyone in that zerg was having a blast taking empty keep after empty keep. Maybe those of us who want WvW to be competitive are just in the minority and it will never actually happen =/

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

These posts would make a bigger impact if they weren’t full of drama and if there weren’t 5 posts a day complaining about how bad everything is.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Or you know, ANet could just come out and say something about the issue.

Talk is cheap and yet that’s all we’re asking for.

Because despite a certain Hypervole (close WvW matches do exist) the OP has a point.

WvW has so many questionable design decisions that really don’t make sense despite the basic ingredients being fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Larosh.1605

Larosh.1605

7 weeks into the game and not a single post from ANet in this sub-forum.
Just sayin’…

People are leaving WvW in mass to other aspects of the game or other games completely. This is a fact.
Whoever says nothing is wrong at the moment in WvW is either blind or trolling.

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

I had huge fun the first couple of weeks; then the week matches started – server transfers really kicked in and caused havoc and now I basically wait to see how WvW will turn out in a 4-6 weeks and getting most of my PvP fix from PlanetSide 2.

sPvP is not for me. PvE could have been achieved in another game. I was/am here for WvW and well ……

in WvW

Posted by: Nearo.4935

Nearo.4935

The Concept of your wvwvw is good it’s just not working out right,you need to have something to auto balance the server populations or stop the server transfer’s.

wvwvw as is, is not fun in any meaningful way.there is no moment’s i will ever remember that i will take away with me after the game is gone.that 3 vs 2 grp that turned in the end into a 5vs 4 then a 7 vs 5 at the end of an hour it was a 20+ vs 20+ dam can you just believe that happened out of nowhere and they all seemed like real legit people and not thier auto programmed bots,you need to stop the server transfers and let nature takes it’s course stop trying to pander to whatever is making it bad and let things play out naturaly and this will be the end result.

There needs to be more random villages full of mobs to ransack and pillage more mobs in those hard to get spaces just for people to grind on and get loot to sell that let’s them stock up on gold in a timely manner for buying random siege stuff to use just for the hell of it and you need to make the map 50% larger it should take me 45 real minutes to get to the other side of the map and it will have that remeber that time when we were out there in blabla village’s next to the keep and killed those two enemies and took out the village feel to it in people’s memories 5,10 years down the line.

wvwvw is not Alot of fun for me.im actually finding the storyline/quest/filling out the map’s funner atm and im not a pve person at all ,it wont keep me here but the wvwvw pvp might.im surprised im missing playing wow’s arathi basin and Alterac Valley,it’s the only thing that i logged in for in the end when i stopped my prescription. i had no fancy armor or weapons i just logged in and played quick games of just those two maps and never ever anyother part of the game’s feature’s and that was worth 15 bucks a month for me ^^

Your svpvp needs to be LARGER think at the very least 10 on 10 with a bit bigger map like twice as big as they are now.think like a smaller/quicker version of WvWvW and a copper or silver reward..

My wife really likes your quest’s and story lines ALOT better then wow’s as i am forced to do them i must admit they are Very much better then wow’s when i was forced to go through them yall put alot of depth into them and it shows.people like me will only play like that if there is a nice grind to go with that as they climbed the level’s slowly along with everyone else in the game but since you’ve basicly taken out lvling in any meaningful way as it only took me since the game came out to reach 80 this will be impossible for people like me to enjoy since other’s can just get top lvl quickly.

mmorpg’s need to take years to reach top lvl’s and have good content all along the way.Sadly this is gone from games and it’s all about grinding for better gears instead of grinder for better lvl’s and skills to wear the higher lvl gears that’s you’ve procured along the way..

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I imagine almost all of the people complaining on this thread play on a server without global voice communications established. Do yourself a favor and fix that (by setting one up, not transferring to a server with one).

I’m on a server that’s getting stomped this week because we’re against a freshly zerged-up opponent (Maguuma fighting SoS). However, most of us in Mag are having a blast because we’re all on our voice comms absolutely rolling over objectives with our much more limited numbers.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

@ Ianervan.3415

We may be winning this week, but that means very little.

I had even more fun the last two weeks when we were getting absolutely spanked. I find myself having fun in wuvwuv no matter what’s going on.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I enjoy WvW anyway. In-fact on Aurora Glade i’m particularly enjoying a fairly close match this week.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

It’s too bad you guys aren’t having fun.

Well bye.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Darkseal.3978

Darkseal.3978

Agree with the OP 100%: as it is right now, WvWvW is only numbers and geographic coverage. People who understood that already started gathering people from other servers, mass-guilding, putting up a timezone rotation: a perfect example of that is the “Project Blacktide” thread in this section, which is absolutely reasonable if you adopt the given WvWvW ruleset, yet unbelievably sad for the underlying messages you can read between lines:

- The matchmaking system doesn’t work, since ppl and guilds need to xfer/rearrange themselves in the meaningless effort to cover the frontiers 24/7 in order to score or keep their points.

- Since everything gets sacrified over the altar of the geographic coverage, any homeland zerg – which every decent WvWvW player knows being just plain bad, since it frustrates the overwhelmed opponents to the point they cannot even play – is not only good, but greatly appreciated. “We can sleep well, since there are tons of ppl defending our pts”.

- Who cares about the actual game, the actual gaming fun: this is the given ruleset and we’re focusing on winning @ it, no matter how poor it can be.

I know that most ppl are thinking that geographic coverage, massive-presence building and guild coordination could be seen as “strategy” or “logistics”, but IMHO we should start being honest with ourselves and just admit that it’s only a well-planned way of outnumber the opponent – or not getting outnumbered, which is absolutely the same exact thing. The real logistics implementation should be built around the supplies/warmachines/point system, whose implementation is far from good and rewards high numbers way more than skill/organization. The real strategy implementation should be built around keep defence/keep fights/open field fights, whose implementations are far from good (see the OP post for details) and rewards high numbers way more than any skill/organization. But most importantly, is the WvWvW scoring system (and the transfer logic) that needs to be fixed asap.

Let’s face it, in its current state WvWvW it’s just about leaders/commanders “leading” their G8 of people against smaller ones (and fleeing from large ones). I’m not saying it can’t be fun sometimes but come on, don’t we just deserve a bit more?

Uncool, Guardian
Shasda, Necromancer
Darkseal, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Gotta agree this is mostly been a failure. Early on i played alot of WvW but the more i played the more the faults became obvious to me. I hate to say it but I’d rather farm PvE at the moment than bother with WvW.

The snowball affect in WvW is ridiculous, and incredibly demoralizing. Free Server transfers should have been locked weeks ago. At this point, you should just completely eliminate like a 3rd of the servers and move those people over onto other servers, so that coverage for most servers would improve (and hopefully create more competitive matches). Make the matches shorter too. The longer the matches, the more snow-ballish they get, and the more discouraged people get at playing the game.

Honestly I don’t know why you guys haven’t at least altered/removed orb bonuses and free server transfers yet, these are 2 major culprits that are ruining WvWvW. In this day and age, you honestly don’t have that much time anymore to snag a loyal player-base. Take a look at what happened to diablo 3. Hell, a bunch of friends i started this game already left for panda-land. The rest will jump ship once the “next” big game hits (ff14 realm reborn is already getting pretty good reviews…….) With how long its taking you guys to fix a simple door in mistwrought vault, i’m getting a little skeptical that you guys will react in time to stop any sort of mass exodus.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in WvW

Posted by: Olocan.5976

Olocan.5976

I would like to know if doing the thing i wrote in the OP is considered against the rules this hasn’t been answered.

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

The secret is to be proactive. our guild looked at situation and moved to Blacktide, now we have good allies on our server and competent enemies.

Moving to a server with a real pvp focus helps.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Well, it is griefing – and it is petty and dishonorable. However, I doubt that ArenaNet would really ban the players if reported. Just an additional side-effect to the thorn in WvW’s side – server transfers with no penalties.

EDIT: This post was in a topic (now merged) which was talking about people who transfer over to the opposing servers to waste the supplies of the enemy.

(edited by Maniac.5163)

in WvW

Posted by: Corvex.5196

Corvex.5196

Theres easy way to fix it… make all built siege equipment to be dismantled regaining full cost except recipe(that should take some time to dismantle it ,if it takes no damage, and damage should interrupt the process)…Also you should be able to put resouces back in theyr place with like G key when near it…or if its in a castle workers could just do that job or smth… Maybe to avoid exploiting this…built mechanism cant be dismantled for ~5-10min after puting it down and completing it.
Btw wheres the logic when you take tower and leave your catapults laying around for enemy to destroy?

in WvW

zastari.1730

The secret is to be proactive. our guild looked at situation and moved to Blacktide, now we have good allies on our server and competent enemies.

Moving to a server with a real pvp focus helps.

You’re right, the secret is to be proactive. Like proactively hopping out of your borderlands to take all of their camps and towers while they are busy zerging your own. It’s worked great for my outmanned server so far.

“If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.” — That Book

…Or you can just hop servers and fudge the glicko system up then complain more in this thread.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Inconceivable.7823

Inconceivable.7823

I’m from IOJ (just for full disclosure) and I haven’t heard anyone talking about this as a strategy or bragging that they did it (and I’m WvW every day). Honestly it wasn’t needed for this weeks match up so I’m not so sure this had to have been sabotage, rather dumb players. Heck yesterday somebody put down a flame ram on the side of the keep to attack a wall and it got built so at least 3-4 people also thought it was a good idea. Some people just don’t understand siege fully.

Now if this WAS sabotage, well that ridiculous. I’m 100% anti these 24 free server transfers as they are set up now. There are ways around it, transfer but you can’t WvW for that week or at the bare minimum FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, you can’t transfer to the server you’re fighting that week. Is that REALLY that hard to understand AN? It ruins the integrity of the game. I know there is sabotage in real wars…BUT HERE IS THE DIFFERENCE, generally wars are not fought for FUN! This is a GAME and one aspect of having fun is fair play.

OP I trully hope nobody from IOJ did that. If they did, they are not indicative of the general attitude of the server as I know it…nobody has every said anything in chat about trying any hacks, cheats or any expoits in all my time there. So if anything, either a rogue individual or a rotten guild.

I hope AN addresses this by simply fixing the transfer issue.

in WvW

zastari.1730

Every organized server should have spies in enemy team chat and voice comms as well as have a group destroying supplies during busy hours / during upgrade periods.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Easy, you should have read the answer alreay though.

22.While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

Though keep in mind, Anet would have to take all things on a case by case basis. Sometimes it might be a new player, other times a troll, and others a spy.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Corvex.5196

Corvex.5196

Making server trasfer cost money or not being able to transfer to mached server is a good idea that would fix 50% of problems.
Another 45% would be removing/reworking downed system which removes all skillfull play.
Last 5% would be class balance but that can be put for a later date when major problems are fixed.

in WvW

Posted by: Darkseal.3978

Darkseal.3978

…Or you can just hop servers and fudge the glicko system up then complain more in this thread.

I think you missed the point here: I don’t think anyone who agrees with the OP failed to understand that you have to either ride the big whale or evade it when you’re not on its top, and gain some profit either way. It’s just that some ppl don’t think that this system/ruleset is fun enough, even if the numbers on top are saying you’re doing great.

Uncool, Guardian
Shasda, Necromancer
Darkseal, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Deadulus.9760

Deadulus.9760

I completely agree with OP about the flaws of the free server transfers destroying the matchmaking system (which is a good design overall.)

Everyone who is saying this is the worst PvP game, clearly is a moron and has not played open world PvP in the last 10 years. Guild wars is the best PvP since DAoC. It’s not perfect but they got a ton of the major concepts correct. Night capping and time zone difference won’t be solved, but the free transfers are a game breaker at the moment. PLEASE ANET STOP THE FREE TRANSFERS!

in WvW

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

I loved the WvW, but I need to go PvE to pick some itens and back, I have 1k kills/Assists and any good item from WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: grknwrt.5493

grknwrt.5493

Current downed mode in PvP is straight bullkitten. It favors zerg groups, if you have no skill but larger force you will win at the end no matter wut. Downed health needs to be either cut by big, significant rate on SPvP and WvW or get completely removed. Also we should be able to hit them while they are going down and extra damage needs to be applied. You will not win 2v1 with the current state no matter your skill if they not completely game noobs.

in WvW

Posted by: GustavoM.7605

GustavoM.7605

Allow me to jump on this bandwagon with the following:

Zerg will always win every online game out there. If one side has 50 ~ 100 more people than yours, you will lose. There’s no such a thing as a tactic to “overcome numbers” In online gaming. Simple as that.

With that said, OP….

Deal with It.

This post has been edited to remove a violation of the forum code of conduct.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Zybane.6214

Zybane.6214

Zerg will always win every online game out there. If one side has 50 ~ 100 more people than yours, you will lose. There’s no such a thing as a tactic to “overcome numbers” In online gaming. Simple as that.

With that said, OP….

Deal with It.

That’s the silliest thing I have ever read. Tactics should always win over the zerg. In Eve online it works all of the time. In GW2, the game is explicitly designed so that the zerg wins no matter the tactics. Individual and group skill means nothing in GW2. It does it plenty of other games.

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

With that said, OP….

Deal with It.

That’s the silliest thing I have ever read. Tactics should always win over the zerg. In Eve online it works all of the time. In GW2, the game is explicitly designed so that the zerg wins no matter the tactics. Individual and group skill means nothing in GW2. It does it plenty of other games.

correct. with downed states, numbers win. You can outplay to your hearts content and all they have to do is throw bodies in front of you and rez up what you just outplayed.

(edited by tarnin.1690)

in WvW

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The bottom three tiers have competitive match-ups this week. The other tiers don’t.

The ability to zerg, the orb buffs, the queue system — all of that is the same mechanic for all the tiers.

So if you’re gonna blame a game-design element for “ruining” the wvw part of the game, you have to be able to explain why it’s not affecting the bottom 9 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

The bottom three tiers have competitive match-ups this week. The other tiers don’t.

The ability to zerg, the orb buffs, the queue system — all of that is the same mechanic for all the tiers.

So if you’re gonna blame a game-design element for “ruining” the wvw part of the game, you have to be able to explain why it’s not affecting the bottom 9 servers.

but it is, look at yaks. massive server transfer to SoR blew this entire bracket out for the week. so bad that SoR is moving up two brackets. keep smashing your head in the sand though, when you pop up to see the zerg being a max of 10 people you will can look back at threads like this to explain where everyone went.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Forget the score, it doesn’t mean anything. I have a lot of fun in WvW, even when we’re behind on score.

In fact, it can often be more fun when you’re losing than when you are winning.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

WvW will continue to be a joke until ANET addresses the band wagon free transfer issue and the night capping issue.

The maps are also very poorly designed and favor mind numbingly boring zerg tactics.

WvW is a failure. It was fun at first but it doesn’t have any long term playablity in it’s current state.

in WvW

mulch.2586

but it is, look at yaks. massive server transfer to SoR blew this entire bracket out for the week. so bad that SoR is moving up two brackets. keep smashing your head in the sand though, when you pop up to see the zerg being a max of 10 people you will can look back at threads like this to explain where everyone went.

So why haven’t server transfers affected the bottom 9 teams that remain competitive all week? With instant transfers, wouldn’t you predict that WvW fans in non-competitive tiers would have jumped down and joined the fray there?

I’m not saying that Yaks wasn’t adversely affected by losing their good players to transfers or whatever, just that transfers alone can’t explain why 3/8 had good matches this week and 5/8 had blow-outs.

in WvW

Grim West.3194

So why haven’t server transfers affected the bottom 9 teams that remain competitive all week? With instant transfers, wouldn’t you predict that WvW fans in non-competitive tiers would have jumped down and joined the fray there?

I’m not saying that Yaks wasn’t adversely affected by losing their good players to transfers or whatever, just that transfers alone can’t explain why 3/8 had good matches this week and 5/8 had blow-outs.

Lol, of course it does. The servers that got transfers won, the servers that lost players lost the match.

Most transfers are by band wagon players to winning servers. The few players that actually care about competition are a very minor number compared to the band wagon transfers.

WvW is all about the lemmings.

in WvW

Posted by: OdinBudd.5298

OdinBudd.5298

Best advice at this current time is to just play like the scoreboard doesn’t exist. In this weeks matchup, my server the Tarnished Coast (garnished toast for those in the know) is getting beat pretty resoundingly by Blackgate. That being said, I have had a lot of fun because TC don’t care what the score is, TC come ready to fight every day. We try our best and…gasp…actually learned a lot from BG during the course of the week. If the only thing you focus on is the score, you will not have much fun in a blowout. But, if you look at it as a chance to learn and get better (and hopefully get a more equitable matchup in the future) the fun can still be had.

Edit: I do however agree that ANet has been MORE THAN GENEROUS with the amount of time they have allowed for free transfers. I am almost starting to wonder if ANet is a non-profit organization! They should start charging for transfers and make some money from those who just want to play on the top dog server.

(edited by OdinBudd.5298)

in WvW

mulch.2586

Lol, of course it does. The servers that got transfers won, the servers that lost players lost the match.

Most transfers are by band wagon players to winning servers. The few players that actually care about competition are a very minor number compared to the band wagon transfers.

Yes, I see that makes a story that can justify 5/8 of the tiers.
But why didn’t server transfers adversely affect those other 3 tiers?

in WvW

Grim West.3194

/boggle

Lemmings don’t transfer to the lower tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

Theres alot to be desired. And we are 2 months in. 3-4 Months in and I would expect most of those changes to have been applied otherwise this game would have died out a fair bit

Still having fun tho. But when ever I do see a 3orb zerg and the 2 loosing servers trasnfer away to a winner after the weekend, I Blame Anet for rubbish decision making and not the great game they managed to create

in WvW

Posted by: Scyatic.7604

Scyatic.7604

I’ve gotten ~500 hours of PvP fun for 60$. There’s no sub, and there’s no pay-to-win, WvW is great fun. Not saying its perfect, just saying I’m not paying 15$ a month while waiting for fixes so I’m perfectly happy to wait for them.

Since there is no sub fee, Anet is not really incentivized to come up with solutions to retain the active players. They already have your money.

WvWvW was a blast in Beta, but after release its gone down hill.

in WvW

Posted by: Nargaroth.1482

Nargaroth.1482

if they remove server transfer = 24/7 full servers ppl will join foruns to QQ about beeing 4hours in Q and unable to play with friends.

If they allow server transfer = ppl join foruns to QQ about being on the defeated team.

I think its better as it is now, at least I can play with my guild at any time we want with no waiting. Before the transfers we couldnt do that, specially because we work in real life and don’t have 4 hours to be waiting on the line.

in WvW

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

1) Focusing on server rankings and achievements (vs guild and player) was a huge tactical error. Warhammer / Aion were fine in this regard…while the master push was faction vs faction, rankings and scorings were about individual and guild achievements. The “gw2” section on my guild forums is over two years old…but it only took a couple of months after launch for everyone to quit because there was nothing left to achieve.

2) While I get frustrated with the current state of WvW, I acknowledge because I’m left basicly left pugging it. If I had a guild of 20 people ready to wvw, I’d see being down 500-0 as an opportunity rather than a reason to go craft something.

in WvW

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

If WvW was a complete failure I wouldnt be waiting in queues for it every night.

It has some issues, like orbs being too powerful, but a failure that does not make. (However matchups should change twice a week)

Anytime something is not 100% perfect for you, does not mean that is a failure, I would say wvw is a resounding success as a pvp mode considering how many people play it non stop all day 24/7

It is everything sieges in Age o Conan should have been and more, from how siege works, to how often turnover of locations work

It poops all over SWTORs Ilum

I play on a server with a large WvW playerbase, while usually we outnumber our adversaries after the fourth day because they give up, many times I have succesfuly defended and taken a keep against a zerg with 5 people, siege weapons are vastly underutilized by everyone, and they work something awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

I gave it til tonight. WvW is a disaster. Instead of giving the out numbered server a lame “buff” give them increased badge drops. Problems solved. Servers that outnumber their opponents get decreased or ZERO badges on kills.

Any kind of penalty to the bigger force is non-sense. It’s not the players’ fault a server is popular.

in WvW

mulch.2586

/boggle

Lemmings don’t transfer to the lower tiers.

Sure, but I have to think players interested in competitive wvw would go where the competitive wvw is, don’t you think?

Myself, I’m on my server for as long as I’m in GW2, for the family and the legacy/community. We’ve been blown out and had a couple lop-sided victories along with a few close competitive matchups. I can attest, if you like wvw, it’s more active when it’s competitve.

in WvW

Posted by: ecwoodrow.7034

ecwoodrow.7034

THIS THREAD IS A COMPLETE, TOTAL, COMPREHENSIVE FAILURE…and here’s why.

There are no good matches in WvW

This weeks matchups have been particularly bad because of a flood of guilds from top tier servers, namesly HoD and ET, down to lower tier servers. Or, in other words, the transfer system working exactly as intended. Now, rather than 4 top tier servers, there are about 6 (JQ, SBI, IoJ, SoS, SoR, BG). Once the servers flesh out, matchups will be more balanced than ever.

But what if it happens again?

The specific migration this week was a result of a break up of the Titan Alliance on HoD, a very specific event. While something similar is unlikely to happen again, it could. And it could still happen once they start charging for transfers.

But what about all the people who transfer to the winning servers every week?

Mostly doesn’t happen

Victory in WvW is entirely non skill based

Completely untrue. If the group you run with has never beaten a larger group, you need to find a new one. My guild has beaten out, or at the very least held for a long time against zergs many times. The trick is learning to pick your battles, how to fight your battles, and where to place your siege.

Also, zergs are dumb. A friend of mine was being chased by a zerg, when he jumped off a cliff. Ten of them followed him off, and unfortunately for them, he’d equipped the 50% less falling damage trait, and was able to finish them off.

Another zerg fail story, we were holding the supply camp just north of the bay in one of the Borderlands. The camp was in Crystal Desert’s territory, and they were in control of the bay. We had been fighting their zerg for a while, when above us coming out of the bay’s north gate was another zerg that dropped down over the cliff to attack. Despite the fact that they were in the perfect spot to flank us, they ran over and joined the original zerg and proceeded to get wiped, until an ET zerg came from the north and wiped us out.

WvW seems designed up to encourage snowballing and discourage the ‘losing’ servers

Sunshine soldiers will exist regardless of what information is shown. If things look good they’ll show up, if not they’ll go do something else. Anet can do nothing to stop this.

As for orbs, they are fine. I’ve seen them taken from the winning team countless times. I’ve even seen orbs hacked from a keep, only to have the winning team easily take them back despite not having any orb bonuses, and not because the other team let them have it.

Furthermore, orbs would be far less effective if losing teams would do what they’re supposed to do in 3 way pvp and team up against the winner. That is in fact the reason the winners get the orbs, not as a snowball effect, but so that they stand a chance to defend against two way assaults.

tldr; l2play noob

Atsug Em – [RvR] – lvl 80 Engineer – IoJ
Tryggon Gathol – [RvR] – lvl 80 Warrior – IoJ
Sechnal – [RvR] – lvl 80 Ranger – IoJ

in WvW

Grim West.3194

And the players that do care about competition have already moved to servers where they can find it. There just are not enough of those type of players to tip the scales on the lower tiers.

ANET’s design favors the Lemmings, and Lemmings don’t care about competition.

in WvW

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Original poster is pretty much right. They have to get rid of free transfers to winning servers. Or else have a 1 week WvW lockout when you transfer to a winning server.

in WvW

Posted by: Kiado.9362

Kiado.9362

What a kitteny time to be a developer for a video game. You build such an amazing creation of computing and code and all the crap that goes along with it, but no one is every happy. I won’t say their aren’t problems, but there has hardly been time to completely fix them, and fix them right. You want instant gratification and instant results from an extremely complicated system. Either have the patience to enjoy what a wonder you are walking around in, or move on to another one. You have the right to kitten as a paying customer, but to call it a total failure is ludicrous. I play nearly every night and enjoy it, despite the issues. Maybe the problem is everyone is so uptight and needs kitten now now now that nothing will ever satisfy you.

Lujan Storm – Maguuma
The Pangolins Den [PANG]