WvWvW queqe

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Jerow.9568

Jerow.9568

Arenanet can you please put a little window or something that will show an estimated queue time? So the players can see how long they will approximately wait until they go “in” at WvWvW or even better to actually see the queqe position that they are. It will be so helpful.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Kyle.2507

Kyle.2507

I think just queue position would be absolutely fantastic. It’s hard to guess when people will leave and give you an estimate when you can get in :p

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Once again, Just like in all the other posts, Your placement in queue is random. Putting a counter wouldnt help you at all as your position is moved constantly.

Isle Of Janthir

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

You cant reasonably predict when another player will log out and free up a spot. So timer would be impossible to do. How many people are ahead of you probably could be done tho, but it still wouldn’t give you a definitive amount of time until you can get in.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

How come other games can come up with an average time in queue.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How come other games can come up with an average time in queue.

Because they don’t drive on their maximum capacity and can thus let more people in than the “limit”? ^^

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

KeeZee.7312

Or they just keep track of when someone queued and when they got in and then add it together with everyone and then divide it by the number of players tracked to get an average.

Easy to do but that would put more of a load on the server and we all know that the Anet WvW server/servers are already under a lot of pressure.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Guild Wars 2 queues are much more realistic than in other games, here you can have friends waiting at the door reserving a spot for you, no matter how long the queue is behind them. kittens can always cut in front of the line, just like in real life.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Nope. Particularly with WvW.

Player A logs in at 9am and plays until 10 pm.

Player B logs in at 4pm and players until 6pm.

Play times and length are as unpredictable as the players themselves.

And if they did put in a timer and it failed to be accurate you can only imagine the rage and threads bawling them out over “lies.” Queue timer is a no-win situation for them.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Or they just keep track of when someone queued and when they got in and then add it together with everyone and then divide it by the number of players tracked to get an average.

Easy to do but that would put more of a load on the server and we all know that the Anet WvW server/servers are already under a lot of pressure.

And then people would spam these forums when the time given were incorrect due to some people playing much longer than the ones before

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

This is something that we are working on as part of the changes to the new map. I suspect it will be part of the testing process. It won’t be exact position/time if I had to guess but approximates. We will be updating some of how the queue works as well to make these approximates more accurate.

Jon

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

KeeZee.7312

And if they did put in a timer and it failed to be accurate you can only imagine the rage and threads bawling them out over “lies.” Queue timer is a no-win situation for them.

Not many are playing 13 hours a session. Most are playing only a few and the average will reflect that. Math isn’t hard. Many a game has an average wait time displayed.

GW2 isn’t a special snowflake that basic math cant come up with an average wait time.

I guarantee you its because to add that simple function would take resources from the already stress servers. Its the same reason why aoe is capped at 5, because the servers do not have the available resources to accommodate the extra load.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Not many are playing 13 hours a session. Most are playing only a few and the average will reflect that. Math isn’t hard. Many a game has an average wait time displayed.

I know at least two dozen people who play those hours, myself included And there are many many more I don’t know about ….

My point was is that it will be very hard to give an accurate reading of time until you can get in, even with the math, without people coming crying bloody murder to the forums about the “math” not being accurately reflected in their own experiences. And that has mostly to do with how unpredictable player’s gaming time is …

I see by the dev post that they’re working on it. That’s good news, I just hope that people have reasonable expectations about it.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

KeeZee.7312

I know at least two dozen people who play those hours, myself included And there are many many more I don’t know about ….

My point was is that it will be very hard to give an accurate reading of time until you can get in, even with the math, without people coming crying bloody murder to the forums about the “math” not being accurately reflected in their own experiences. And that has mostly to do with how unpredictable player’s gaming time is …

I see by the dev post that they’re working on it. That’s good news, I just hope that people have reasonable expectations about it.

Reread my post. “How come other games can come up with an average time in queue.”

Keyword = average. Never mentioned accurate.

You and your friends are a minority. Whether you want to accept that is up to you.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Reread my post. “How come other games can come up with an average time in queue.”

Other games aren’t filled to capacity. Re-read what that other fellow posted to you.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: warrior shapper.6502

warrior shapper.6502

This is ridiculous 5 my guild members have came on 2 hours after reset while i been in queue for 2 hours and they get in within 15 mins and then i restart client and more guild members get in within 15 mins again and am still in queue, wtf is going on?

Dream Rider [ART]
Art of Skills Desolation EU
Warrior shapper.6502

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

KeeZee.7312

Other games aren’t filled to capacity. Re-read what that other fellow posted to you.

Filled to capacity has nothing to do with figuring out an average wait time and displaying it.

Person joins queue, person gets into match, server adds this to the total and divides it by the total amount of players.

There are only 2 things you can say about server capacity.

1) Not filled to capacity, no queue.
2) Filled to capacity, queue.

The fact that already exists but you seem to not be able to wrap your thought patterns around it is disturbing.

Other games aren’t filled to capacity. You now this how……lol.

(edited by KeeZee.7312)

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Ah, I just looked at your posting history. Now I understand. Take care.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

KeeZee.7312

Ah, I just looked at your posting history. Now I understand. Take care.

Just admit you had a hard time understanding how to figure out an average wait time and now that it has clicked you realize you were wrong.

Poor attempt to try avoid it though.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

LoL
You will add it next year >.<
Well that is great, but you are slow…
Try to suggest your boss on your next meeting to employ more workers, so you can develop game faster.
That would be a cool idea.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

no1 need exact time. it is just avarage queue time of last 10 person or 50 person. That is all we need and what is enough. Yeah and queue position will be also nice.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Rayn.6437

Rayn.6437

After 3,5 hours in a query, i think this is really too much.

A-Net motivate players to play in this new season, make it as part of the living story and let the people not play ? … only waiting, and waiting is the new content. You have to do much wvwvw grinding to get the meta and the most player became no invite for wvw. I have joined the query at the first seconds … and must 3,5 hours wait for nothing … so i still quit now the game. … thx for the nice Friday …

sorry, but this is more than only bad …

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: JackEGC.7261

JackEGC.7261

Over 3 hours in the waiting too get into WvW. Never got in. Tired of waiting. Thanks any way Anet.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Caino.7130

Caino.7130

I just want to WvW! How about a Que option for “1st available BL” Since at the moment it is just pot luck on my server with one has the shorstest que ^^

rank 500+ Piken / Rank 60 PvP
Warrior – Teined
Guardian – Nomoreroomformyname

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

KeeZee.7312

I just want to WvW! How about a Que option for “1st available BL” Since at the moment it is just pot luck on my server with one has the shorstest que ^^

The test server is coming.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

I think there is an easy solution to the queues. Simply make a fixed order that can not be circumvented.
The first person who registers for the queue will be the first to join the wvw map, the 2nd person will the the 2nd to join, …. , the 110th person to register joins as 110th person after person 109.
No more strange behaviours of people being able to put themselves at the start of the queue and no more random queuing where some people wait 10 minutes while others who queued up long before still wait hours to join.
Make sure that you don’t get any advantage to queues when you are in a group or when you change map and fix the “trick” that was posted on youtube where you can bypass the wvw queue. Maybe that is one of the issues, why the queues are so messed up.
If you just make a strict order it is also super easy to tell the people how many people are in front of them. People really deserve knowing how many people are in front of them and not have to guess and waste their time.
If I see 200 people in front of me I will immediately stop queing on that map and try it on the other. If there are lots of people on all maps well at least I know that I will have to wait for many hours and that I might want to transfer to a less populated server.
But give us this information. That is one of the more important things for WvW which many of us have asked for.
If this is not possible for some reason it would be nice if someone from AreaNet could tell us because this seems the most logical approach to me.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

At the grocery store, some customers take much longer than others at the cashier. Nevertheless, the average customer doesn’t require a complex algorithm to understand that a very long line means you will wait for a very long time, and a much shorter line with fewer people means you won’t wait as long.

Anet should allow players to view the number of players ahead of them in the queue. The players can then estimate for themselves based on past experience.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: GlamSight.9327

GlamSight.9327

I’ve been waiting for such feature for a while now so i had time to think about it, people are right when they say that you can’t give an accurate time but we don’t especially need it.

What i want is the amount of people waiting and where i am in the queue, let’s say 149 people waiting, and you’re the 68th, and then these numbers get updated.

When, in real life, you are waiting in a queue you rarely get to know for how long you’ll be waiting but you always know how many people are waiting and where you are among them.

Edit: is it possible to have the client pop up when we proc (windowed client ftw)?
I would like it

(edited by GlamSight.9327)

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

GW2 isn’t a special snowflake that basic math cant come up with an average wait time.

I guarantee you its because to add that simple function would take resources from the already stress servers. Its the same reason why aoe is capped at 5, because the servers do not have the available resources to accommodate the extra load.

It’s not math it’s statistics Snowflake. If Diablo III has a million logged on, they can safely say that 100 people log of every second and then give you an estimate. If there’s 100.000 playing a game they can still make a pretty accurate prediction.

Now if there’s 80 on the map, and you are 15 in queue, then they can’t be precise.

If there was only one guy on the map and there was only room for one, when would he leave? That’s right you can’t say.

The fewer numbers the more inaccurate.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: browolf.3825

browolf.3825

The queue here is not analogous to any type of physical queue like in a bank but rather more like the experience of waiting on a customer service phone line. The problem we all have with the queue are the psychological effects of uncertainty.

various psychological effects of waiting are known e.g.

Occupied Time Feels Shorter Than Unoccupied Time.
Anxiety Makes Waits Seem Longer.
Uncertain Waits Are Longer than Known, Finite Waits.
Unexplained Waits Are Longer than Explained Waits.
Unfair Waits Are Longer than Equitable Waits
Solo Waits Feel Longer than Group Waits

these can be read about here: http://davidmaister.com/articles/the-psychology-of-waiting-lines/

A further issue that increases anxiety is the prevalent idea that changing zones messes with ones queue position. So people feel they must stand around, doing nothing, and they can’t leave the pc in case the queue suddenly pops.

I’m sure overflow wvw maps will help this situation as people can occupy themselves with a version of what they want to be doing.

I don’t believe a wait time would help much. With small numbers its going to be pretty inaccurate and it would just be annoying to learn it can’t be trusted.

Queue position that diminishes could work. however from reports there’s already a queue mechanic that causes some people to get in before others who queued earlier so we don’t want to see actual physical evidence that the queue is treating us unfairly!

All in all I think we should wait to see how wvw overflow maps affect things.

Piken Square forever

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

This is something that we are working on as part of the changes to the new map. I suspect it will be part of the testing process. It won’t be exact position/time if I had to guess but approximates. We will be updating some of how the queue works as well to make these approximates more accurate.

Jon

Hello Jon,I do appreciated your and other devs work on this matter.

I would like to ask can you include the tPvP queue system where if your game crash for example when you log back game sends you back to your team and tPvP ?

Many people complained about in WvW and hitting the queue after the log back.

Since you have this reserved slot system from tPvP can you implement in on WvW as well ?

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

Once again, Just like in all the other posts, Your placement in queue is random. Putting a counter wouldnt help you at all as your position is moved constantly.

Are queue positions really ‘randomized’? If so, that has to be the most kittened up way of going about things I’ve heard of in quite a while. It would seem to be pretty simple to use a system where the first person who queued up got to play first, the second person to queue gets to go second, etc, etc. But apparently such a process must be horribly difficult to code, eh? Otherwise why would they use a system so prone to player complaints, i.e. “I’ve been in queue for 2 hours but my guildie just logged on and he got in right away.”?

Oh, wait… I forgot to consider how enamored the Devs are with their precious RNG machine. So I guess it’s not all that surprising that they would use it here as well, no matter how inappropriate it is to the task at hand. If all you’ve got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail, eh?

If we had a “first in, first out” system instead, it would be eminently fair to all involved. You show up first, you get to play first, simple as that.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Jon

Good to hear.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Nyxion.9142

Nyxion.9142

Arenanet can you please put a little window or something that will show an estimated queue time? So the players can see how long they will approximately wait until they go “in” at WvWvW or even better to actually see the queqe position that they are. It will be so helpful.

They would, but unfortunately queues are so broken one cannot estimate time left

This is ridiculous 5 my guild members have came on 2 hours after reset while i been in queue for 2 hours and they get in within 15 mins and then i restart client and more guild members get in within 15 mins again and am still in queue, wtf is going on?

Same here. Queues are bad, and you should feel bad anet.

(edited by Nyxion.9142)

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

The said ques don’t work like ques usually do in another thread and that it won’t be fixed till the new map comes out. Was not high on priority list.

#beta

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I am struggling to find a reason why fundamental things like this are not prioritized. I get that you cant exactly make a LS page about the glorious revamp of queues and actually attract people in but seriously…

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Keelin.5781

Keelin.5781

This should not come as “part of the new map”.
You started a flipping WvW season and these fixes are needed now and not at some distant point in the future.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

This should not come as “part of the new map”.
You started a flipping WvW season and these fixes are needed now and not at some distant point in the future.

Guess if everyone in queue is stuck in a random and pointless mini game map… there is no queue.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

What makes people assuming that: “Queues don’t work as queues usually do” means “Queues don’t work”?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

What makes people assuming that: “Queues don’t work as queues usually do” means “Queues don’t work”?

Don’t call them Queues if they don’t work like queues. Make a word if needed..

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: Noir.9218

Noir.9218

Would it be possible to add information about how long time the last person who got in to the BL from the queue had to wait in line? Though I understand you might not want to do this if the randomness of ‘who gets in and when’ is true.

WvWvW queqe

in WvW

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

They can’t at the moment as the queue is not actually a queue. It’s retries in intervals with a certain amount of randomness applied to the next one probably so that not all clients retry at the same time. This explains what we are seeing in the last 12 months: like being outmanned while still having a queue or people not getting into a map in the order they queued up.

Yeah, call it bugged or whatever you want, fact it is is not acting like a queue therefore it is none.

So what do we get next? Some overflow to make your waiting time worth a while. I hope this is OPTIONAL as a lot of players probabl prefer to do some PvE instead.