WvWvW weekly achievements

in WvW

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Title says it all.

On both tournaments now we’ve seen a lot of interest from people in the first few weeks that slowly goes away as all the achievements are completed.
And from PvE~LS experience we know people love to go around getting as many achievements as they possibly can.

I suggest instead of having the WvW achievements by season, make them by week as an incentive for players to come back and feel rewarded for their playtime.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Title says it all.

On both tournaments now we’ve seen a lot of interest from people in the first few weeks that slowly goes away as all the achievements are completed.
And from PvE~LS experience we know people love to go around getting as many achievements as they possibly can.

I suggest instead of having the WvW achievements by season, make them by week as an incentive for players to come back and feel rewarded for their playtime.

If just playing WvW isn’t reward enough for your time, then perhaps it isn’t for you.

This idea that you need to be given “stuff” to “reward” you makes it seem like you’re trying to get people to do some slightly unpleasant task, like helping you move and you buy pizza.

If non-WvWers don’t want to play, and don’t want to help earn the Power of the Mists bonuses for themselves and their server, that’s fine. If the non-WvWers that came to get their achievements in the first week or two didn’t enjoy the experience enough to come back after getting their little popups, then we don’t need them now.

The last thing you want to do is fill the map population with bored farmers. Let them do something they enjoy more, rather than coercing them to be somewhere they don’t enjoy.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Dean Calaway.9718

I don’t agree with that argument.

Everyone has, more or less, limited playtime. And having rewards in place might be a decisive factor.

As an example last week I’ve spent over an hour siegeing up Durios on my own, the commander had about 15~20 players with him but even so not 1 person turned up to help me run supply, I’ve built 8 ACs there and 1 treb only to have it all destroyed by SFR in 1 minute.

Now I have my WvW achievements, why did I even bother when I could have been farming or getting some achievements?
Most people aren’t idiots like me, just yesterday I’ve read on these forums a guy mentioning how he made 100’s of gold in 3 days by farming the gauntlets, and the best part was he specifically mentioned how he didn’t rez anyone because that would hurt his hourly income.

All that to say people like rewards above all, and I’m betting plenty would willing turn up for them, for those who hate WvW so much, they just don’t need to turn up.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

We should get biweekly achievements in tandem with living story. Weekly is a bit much.

They should be randomized as well similar to the monthly achievements.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Weekly achievements won’t fix anything. All you’re doing is shifting the large influx of players from the beginning of a season to the first day of every week.

in WvW

Dean Calaway.9718

Weekly achievements won’t fix anything. All you’re doing is shifting the large influx of players from the beginning of a season to the first day of every week.

If nothing else that would already be an improvement over the current system where by now theres little incentive to go there because of the lack of rewards or the rewarded like feeling.

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

This is a bad idea. WvW doesn’t need more PvE achievement farmers. WvW is rewarding in many other ways and loot and achievement points are not one of those….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If nothing else that would already be an improvement over the current system where by now theres little incentive to go there because of the lack of rewards or the rewarded like feeling.

I don’t see how. If you take the tournament’s achievements and divided them up over @ weeks, people could do the weekly achievements in a matter of hours. You’ll have higher queues at reset than normal which would then taper off after the weekend is over.

You can also think of it this way. If it takes the average player to complete all the tournament achievements in 9 hours, and you split it across 9 weeks, you’ll only get an hour of their time each week. This is instead of the 9 hours you would see during the first and second weeks. All that’s going to have is just reallocating the hours players would spend getting their achievements.

The majority of the extra players you see in WvW are PvE players hunting their achievements for AP. They normally will not continue to play WvW after getting their achievements otherwise you would not have seen the drop in participation after the first couple weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

You have my blessing to further reward me for stuff I am doing anyway.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

This is a bad idea. WvW doesn’t need more PvE achievement farmers. WvW is rewarding in many other ways and loot and achievement points are not one of those….

Whilst I agree about your sentiment that WvW isn’t just about loot and achievement, I don’t think those aspects should be discounted.

And I think it is a mistake to ignore the impact that ‘pve achievement’ hunters have. The majority of people who come to GW2 will be coming to PvE (particularly now, with the change in Trait management). This means that the first experience that anyone has to WvW will be well after they’ve had weeks of champ trains and dungeons, LS etc .. where they will get loads of loot and reward. We need some incentive to get them to come to WvW where they’ll be able to experience the ethereal rewards you speak of.

HOw else is the WvW going to replenish the loss of players over time?

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

So you want pve players and ap hunters in WvW more often? I know that I sure don’t, all they do is muck things up 90% of the time.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You’re not seeing new WvW players as such, you are seeing them as PvE’ers again.

We’re talking about getting more people in WvW permanently and making it far more appealing to those who DO pve far more now than they WvW…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Delois.3974

Delois.3974

My largest issue for lack of rewards is the fact I need to keep running dungons to afford all the siege I use. Yes I get donations, but not for the amount I use.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

So you want pve players and ap hunters in WvW more often?

No.. I want new players who need an incentive to come and try WvW, like what they experience, and so stay to become experienced WvW players who will add to our WvW experience..

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Dean Calaway.9718

So you want pve players and ap hunters in WvW more often?

No.. I want new players who need an incentive to come and try WvW, like what they experience, and so stay to become experienced WvW players who will add to our WvW experience..

This is my idea exactly.
The reality is dedicated WvW players (like me if I can say so myself) are too few.

I’ve seen mention of how they mess up, they mess up because they don’t know any better, because they drop by every other month, because they have no reason to do other wise.
Making it a more regular thing would allow them enough play time to actually learn.

And about AP hunters that would come and go quickly, how is that a bad thing?
If they don’t like it very much they’d go away quick enough, while other players could actually start to enjoy the game mode on their own for what it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Right here… Most hard core WvW that don’t want newbs in the mix and they are missing the larger picture. If we don’t funnel the vastly larger PvE player base into WvW, WvW populations will die off. WvW needs a constant stream new blood to replace those that are constantly leaving. Exposing PvE players to WvW is a good thing for the long term survival of WvW which lets face it isn’t the most inviting place most of the time.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”