WvWy’s 2012 - who was your favorite opponent in 2012?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

First off, thank you for everyone who took the time to vote, it was kind of fun reading through all the posts and the obvious respect some players have for each other. It’s refreshing.

Drum roll please …..!!!!

The winner of the first WvWy’s (2012) is:

Tarnished Coast!

In close second (one vote behind) was Yak’s Bend!

In third spot, (with only two votes behind) was Piken Square!

Maguuma receives honourable mention for fourth spot!

Congratulations to all and happy hunting in WvW in 2013!

throws confetti

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

We’re #2! We’re #2!

Grats TC on being #1! Always honourable on the battlegrounds and classy on the forums.

<3

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Honourable mention. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

in WvW

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

Piken Square #1 EU well liked?

I guess our enemies like our difference in playstyle to every other server we have faced so far. Where we try to avoid the fotm tactics, zerging and blobing as much as possible that alot of servers live and die by.

“Roleplayers” getting voted for by pvpers what is the world coming too

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

It goes to show, you never know how well you’re represented on the field (and in the forum) until you hear it from another’s perspective!

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Happy new year from Europe everyone!

I choose Darkhaven (before the break up) due to the Rethesis [RE] guild.
We had some great fun with those guys fighting the hordes of DragonBrand and also Friday night fight club. Organised 1vs1 in WvW? Genius.

I’m really sad that such a great server has been broken and NSP feels your pain as we went through the same thing before you.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

Anet has been my favorite opponent. Almost everything they did cut across the grain of what was actually needing done in WvW. To this day they have not taken care of any of the most pressing issues facing WvW, servers or players.

They are easily the toughest fight all of us can face as a group.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

^^lol , That was a good one!

in WvW

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

Whilst I missed the cutoff my vote would go to Fort Apsenwood. They aren’t the strongest but they make what they have go 10x as far and are well rounded, organised opponents. They don’t zerg in the main and they are good guerillas.

As an enemy they’re less predictable than most and their players have class, no teabagging or /laugh after crushing you 20v1.

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.9304

Boom.9304

This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. <3

Love the server, love the community.

And so happy Yak’s was tops as well, cause you guys are certainly tiptop in my book!

Boomkins / Ayvaree
Bringer of Hellfire & “Dirtnapping Diva”
Leader, Transcendent Veneration [TV] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Wow, I’m proud of being the part of a RP’ing bunch that could actually impress its opponents on the battlefield. Thanks to those who voted for us, and ’grats to my fellow Toasties!

Grats to Yaks, my fav opponent…one more vote and it’d have been a tie! Maybe we should seriously merge and create Tarnished Yaks Alliance

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Favorite Opponent of 2012 were the cliffs.

2 votes – whomever made the 41 golems destroyed by fire and whomever made the wvwvmoose

WvWvMoose was SoR server.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I thought I had posted this, but I guess I forgot:

Every single server out there got at least one vote when people made choices, not a single one was left out. Thought that was kind of neat, too.

in WvW

Posted by: Kurthos.2354

Kurthos.2354

Sanctum of Rahl

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

SoR for me. I can’t remember the name of the big guild on SoR (ND maybe?) but they were fun to play.

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

As an JQ player, servers I’ve faced in one week match are HoD, SBI, ET, CD, DB, BG, IoJ, SoS.
And my vote goes to SBI.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Desolation. Had some awesome fights with IRON, FG, GoD and the like during our matchup. Many great guilds and fighting spirit.

Back at ya Bots……we had some great time lavra you guys got great teamplay together:)

Keep it up mate.

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Shadowmoon [SM] Ehmery Bay. Knowledgable, tight-nit players. Small group. Informative and entertaining videos posted on youtube.

I’m on Maguuma and we have a lot of really good players, but we’re spread across many guilds, where none of us really stand out. [OG], and [GOON] get a lot of forum feedback, though.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

Hunting War Machine before blackgate was kicked from T1 was my favorite. Was hilarious Choco Eclair our guilds commander didn’t care if we were losing he only wanted to hunt war machine as long as we could. Win or lose we had fun doing it.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

This might help folks decide which server to move to.

No propaganda, just honest responses from people about the servers they’ve faced …. Posted waaaaay before the announcement of paid transfers.

Hope this helps a few sort things out,

Cheers!

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I’m going to go with Anvil Rock. For like a month we had a match up with Borlis Pass, and AR and while it was always kind of snippy with BP for some reason, AR just always seemed to stay chill and beat us down now and again.

At least that is how I remember it. I’m sure if I want looking through the WvW threads it would probably tell a different story. But it is my story and I am sticking to it!

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

I am from Devona’s rest my favorite oppoent is Kaineng and NSP. I respect both servers and I know that they respect us and we always have great fights.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Real responses by players about their opponents made way before the server transfer closing announcement (well up until the winners were announced, posts made after may be valid too, but keep in mind the date when they were made).

Hope it helps you sort out where you’d like to end up.

Cheers!

in WvW

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

NSP here. The tier 5/6 matches with Devona’s Rest and/or Anvil Rock have been by far my favorite. You may not be as well organized as we are, but you have better participation and counterattack decisively. It ends up being an extremely close match every time (final score difference of maybe 2-3k points). If we lose to you, it’s still a really fun game. Plus, you’re not jerks. Honestly, I kinda hope you guys get stuck in our tier so we can continue to fight each other.

I have zero respect for Kaineng. If you’ve played them, you’ll find yourself playing against two teams: the native population and the transfers. The difference between them is like night and day. We’d cut through the native population like a hot knife through butter until WM showed up. WM would then simply zerg you off the map with a clump of 50-60 people and an infinite supply of siege. They would simply set up 4 catapults, get wiped, and repeat for the next 4-7 hours until your last keep fell. Then all of Kain would camp your spawn until your server left. Got really boring after awhile.

Inir [CAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Tyjaka.6137

Tyjaka.6137

darkhaven was a good rivalry when i was on magma

so was dragonbrand

now the toughest is S.o.S Great rivalry between JQ and SoS

Tjkingsly: 80 Guardian | Aco | Jade Quarry

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Just putting this back up so folks can read and decide for themselves if they’re contemplating a move to another server.

in WvW

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

Piken Is Full In primetime + reset… now since way back then when we were a little bit smaller… Ques are pretty bad which have effected community Harmony… So I wouldnt advise switching to Piken Square based on this. In fact its a shame, that some core Piken guilds are thinking of switching to another server before transfer deadline because of the que’s due to bandwagoners making it more and more impossible for friends/guilds who built up the WvW server from the low tiers to Team…

If your looking for a EU Server there’s quite a few recruitment threads around, and even NA servers looking for europeans so there’s plenty of choice of servers with no que’s that should be more appealing to players wanting to play and not sit in a que.

Hope that helps people make more informed decisions instead of get stuck on a server with ques then either pay to move again or quit.

Kind Regards
TUP

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

With server caps extended, thought I’d put this up one more time so folks can read through unfiltered thoughts about other servers from players long before any of this server transfer stuff started.

If I was looking for a new server, I’d use this as a tool to help me decide. Objective comments from opponents, outside of feedback from the server’s players itself, is probably a good source to determine your best fit.