Wvw Ranks

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Alright well my suggestion on this has probably been mentioned before. Won’t make this to long to read.

Basically all I’m asking is for your rank to be shared with your respected server, not the enemy. For it can cause unfair advantages. People generally like to focus kill a higher rank person. I mean I don’t personally care, but where I’m getting at is.. Shouldn’t your server know your rank, instead of the enemy?
Wvw ranks need more attention. Maybe an icon display by your name to represent your rank. someone came up with a great idea for this with a format he made. It was a great idea.

In general speaking though WVW needs more attention as anyone knows. It’s fine how it is, but add more to it.

Thanks

Edit: Yes wvw ranks don’t mean anything. Especially the higher you are, the more karma train you do. So people say, well I agree to an extent. But whatever, it’s just a rank right? But would be interesting to know!

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: hyperreal.7942

hyperreal.7942

I could not agree more. There is nothing worse than bringing a new character into WvW and getting focused solely because of your rank displayed to the enemy. All it creates is griefing. Oh wow, my up’lvld 10 engi just got bursted down and jumped on by 10 enemies all because of rank…that’s not fun for anyone. I understand the risk of running an up’lvl or a character class your not familiar with in WvW but it shouldn’t paint a target on you because of rank. NOT FUN!

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Agreed on that to an extend. Thanks for the support on this topic.

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

Here is my idea for wvw ranks, I apologize in advance if this already has been mentioned before.

Make a rank reward track kind of like the Achievement reward track, for every 500 ranks you get wvw account bonuses.

Rank 500: +1% badges earn in wvw
+1% gold earn in wvw
Special wvw weapon skin

Rank 1000: +1% exp earn in wvw
+ 2 gold
special wvw armor skin

Rank 1500: (insert reward here)
+2gold
Special wvw weapon skin.

For every 2500 Ranks you get a “Massive Achievement” reward.

Rank 2500: + 1% wvw exp
+ 400 gems
+ 30 gold
+ 10 laurels
This will need some fixes but hopefully you get the idea.

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Honestly, I’ve never seen anyone being focused because of their WvW rank (neither on NA or EU).

If the enemy zerg focuses you you’re either
a) out of position and/or downed
b) upleveled
c) a commander

I wouldn’t mind if Anet removed it because it basically doesn’t matter but I think WvW has more important problems they should focus on.

It does happen. When I reached Gold rank, I was roaming with 2 others. We got jumped by 5 and one got downed while the other waypointed. They chased me from Ogrewatch to QL and the one who downed was actually able to self res, and he was an engi. It seemed obvious that they had singled me out because I was Gold. I’ve been singled out in medium sized groups by raid leaders, though I tend to attribute that more to my class sometimes than my tag (staff ele). While it’s rare, you do tend to notice the irregularity sometimes, and anything that can distinguish you from a group that’s equal is a disadvantage.

I honestly don’t think it’s a real problem though, but it would serve far more use as a tag displaying that YES I HAVE RAM MASTERY so people will stop asking.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I’m gold, and I don’t feel focused when I’m among my bronze-silver friends.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I actually target the lowest ranked person first as they are usually an easier kill. A lot of the time they are still wearing zerk pve gear.

On the flip side I found it was extremely fun to level an alt account in WvW because people think you are going to be a free bag. Nothing better than winning a 1v1 as a no rank uplevel.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: casterfaster.9146

casterfaster.9146

1st place server move up to higher tire, 3rd place down to lower tier. 2nd place stay in same.

first week.
T1
1st Tarnished Coast

2nd Blackgate

3rd Jade Quarry
————————-
T2
1st Yak’s Bend

2nd Dragonbrand

3rd Fort Aspenwood

T3
1th Sea of Sorrows

2nd Northern Shiverpeaks

3rd Isle of Janthir

New matches will be.

Tarnished Coast
Blackgate
Yak’s Bend

Jade Quarry
Dragonbrand
Sea of Sorrows

ok?

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: casterfaster.9146

casterfaster.9146

oh. topic about wxp rank? .. anyway we need new wvw rank system

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

1st place server move up to higher tire, 3rd place down to lower tier. 2nd place stay in same.

WULD sucks… People complained about how they had the same matchup every 2 weeks during season 2 (which was pretty much WULD) even more than they complain about stale ones…

No one want to be on a stupid blowout every 2 weeks.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Who cares about WvW rank anyway ? eotm pugs are high rank but still a free kill.

And why you want to see firendlys ranks ?

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Instead of seeing friendly ranks I’d rather see a buff icon displaying the mastery level of a person on a particular piece of siege. Rank is hardly important and does not equate skill.

Jade Quarry since Beta

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Quantity of Siege commander spoons is the real measure of rank.

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I agree. Due to being Gold rank, I definitely notice getting focused harder. Its usually fine if I am on my warrior or guardian, but on my Necro that is full glass, that gets pretty annoying lol..

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

I agree. Due to being Gold rank, I definitely notice getting focused harder. Its usually fine if I am on my warrior or guardian, but on my Necro that is full glass, that gets pretty annoying lol..

Maybe it’s because you’re on a Necro. If I’m harassing the backline I go for the closest necro I can find.

Jade Quarry since Beta

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You’re a bad player if you’re targeting people because of rank and not because of profession or position or how much damage they take when you hit them. Rank is meaningless unless someone is below bronze.

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i notice being focused sometimes, but i notice more.. being feared while roaming solo

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

i notice being focused sometimes, but i notice more.. being feared while roaming solo

Nah, that’s because people think you are the typical cheesy perplexity engi…

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Nah, that’s because people think you are the typical cheesy perplexity engi…

probably (i would think the predator would be a cue that im not though?)

i also sometimes take weaklings out in their camps

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

probably (i would think the predator would be a cue that im not though?)

i also sometimes take weaklings out in their camps

And you better show up this week. Once I get my new grafic card, I’ll go out hunting you and Ynot all over WvW.

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

problem with ranks as well as badges of honor is that with introduction of EotM the ranks no longer reflect the amount of time spent in actual wvw, skill of the player etc…. so in order for this to work I’d say there would have to be a system that would be able to differentiate between the ranks karmatrained in EotM and the ones you gained fighting and wvw-ing on the relevant maps… but I dont see how this can ever work…
however I have to say the idea of a bit more appreciation for wvw players is nice, since currently there is literally no way of being able to show the amount of time you spent fighting in wvw for your server and stuff, no titles, no skins, nothing… and the ones that are there can be obtained by virtually anyone like those lame skins and one title given to everybody who did 5 events in wvw throughout the seasons, which is a real shame and downgrades wvw focused players

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Quantity of Siege commander spoons is the real measure of rank.

^ This.

I’m nearly up to 60. Gonna start getting focused soon.

#BestSpoonerNA

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

(edited by Tiffany.8576)

Wvw Ranks

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I’ve been singled out in medium sized groups by raid leaders, though I tend to attribute that more to my class sometimes than my tag (staff ele).

That’s because you’re a staff ele and they’re free kills. My group focuses down people according to profession and builds. We usually focus the necro, engi, and staff eles first.

There’s nothing wrong with showing ranks to the enemy. If you can’t handle being focused and you’re a veteran WvW player then you’re bad.