Wvw=horrible lag and pretty much unplayable!

in WvW

Posted by: Legend.6581

Legend.6581

It’s really quite annoying trying to play wvw, I really like it and it seems like I can never play it to its full extent because half the time I can barely use any skills. When moving on my own and not even close to a battle all my skills will lag and even when midway in battle there is TREMENDOUS UNPLAYABILLITY! This needs to be sorted big time, I have no idea if it being worked on but you should have more people working on it because it is a huge issue. I also heard the phrase that Anet love “big battles” but it’s not even fun if you can’t even play/participate properly in these battles due to the unplayabillity.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

At least give us an awesome Lag Death animation! Something like a ghostly person sitting at a computer bashing his keyboard to pieces…

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

How about you come out of the overpopulated servers and go help those in need. You will never see skill lag from tier 8 to 5.

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

Or they can fix there crappy game. Honestly these problem’s have been around forever and they don’t do anything to fix it. They do add new stuff to the AH all the time though, thank god they spend their time on the important things.

If they fixed the real issues in the game instead of trying to distract people from the problem with flashy crap, the game might have a chance. To bad ;P

in WvW

Posted by: Legend.6581

Legend.6581

How about you come out of the overpopulated servers and go help those in need. You will never see skill lag from tier 8 to 5.

I actually moved from a low pop server last month, I came from whiteside ridge and now I’m in Piken and they actually have a higher population than piken right now. But my wvw experience kinda sucked in Whiteside because all the major wvw guilds left so it left a big scar for them in wvw.

Plus there shouldn’t be this massive unplayabillity in the first place and there is a season coming up to, can tell there will be a lot more complaints. They could at least say we are trying to fix the issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

WvW is 3 servers, not one. Piken may be “low” population but it is still fighting the highest tier servers with massive populations in comparison. When 100 people from 3 servers clash… It’ll lag. Badly. When these numbers happen to double inside Garrison an entire borderland will have 5 second lag (at least). Lately its been far, far worse than “normal” due to a rapid rise in the rankings. Something no one really wanted but the bandwagoners win the game regardless :/

And yes that is pretty much unplayable and a turn off for everyone. I wonder if Piken will suffer a guild exodus soon…

Unfortunetly, there is nothing to do. Anet cant say that they’re trying to fix the issue, because they cant. They could try to go around it by introducing a 4th WvW (or 5th for that matter) zone and cutting down population limits on each zone but I seriously doubt that will ever happen. The game design is as the game design is.

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Server might be stacked, but each map has a certain player limit.
The game SHOULD perform within acceptable parameters even if maps are full.

Your arguments is forfeit…

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

There is a nice solution to laags, I really wonder why ANet isn’t doing it:

Cut down the map-limits to 2/3 of it’s current capacity.

=> Much less laags

=> Help for underpopulated servers

=> better Motivation to not transfer to over-stacked Servers

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Mate you have gone from T nose bleed to T1, it would have been a better idea to come and read the forums before transferring rather than come to the forum and post afterwards.

It would seem that nothing in game has changed to cause more server lag it is just the pre season start band wagoners experiencing it for the first time and overstacking of T1 servers being exacerbated.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

At least give us an awesome Lag Death animation! Something like a ghostly person sitting at a computer bashing his keyboard to pieces…

Rofl. Thanks for the laugh

One – Piken Square