Wvw rank up chest are limited?

in WvW

Posted by: Atek.5703

Atek.5703

I read the latest patch note this one:
WvW rank-up bonus chests are now limited per account:
No new bonus chests will be awarded beyond a maximum of 99.
Existing bonus chests will be capped at 250. Any beyond this will be discarded.

Some one can explain to me? If i reach the lvl 99 wvw rank i dont get more side chest? or what?

in WvW

Posted by: shiven.1892

shiven.1892

You get one chest per rank up. Bonus chest gives you a second chest. You get 3 bonus chests if your server finishes 1st the week before. (2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd).

in WvW

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

I had 560 bonus chests left to claim I was getting through them with rank ups but the pool was so huge I didn’t think would ever reach the end.

I don’t see why the bonus chest can’t just have a bigger reward in it; so you don’t have to rank up so much to claim it all.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

You would have to be at least R 250 before that kicks in.

But the bonus chest are neither here or there for me, if I had to rely on them for income I would be poorer than I already am, so read this with a DON’T PANIC on the front
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Just read shivens post—-I stand corrected ^^.

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

in WvW

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

Are you seriously complaining about only having 250 of your bugged 560 bonus chests left?

They should have reduced all (exploitably) bugged chests to zero and then added negative bonus chests for all already opened bugged bonus chests.

in WvW

Posted by: TPenny.5071

TPenny.5071

Are you seriously complaining about only having 250 of your bugged 560 bonus chests left?

They should have reduced all (exploitably) bugged chests to zero and then added negative bonus chests for all already opened bugged bonus chests.

I didn’t mean to complain, as I doubt I will even reach the 250 either.
Just a suggestion have a single first, second and third chest instead of 3 chests each week.

:)

in WvW

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Why do i have 0 chests with rank 300 and some guildies with 320 have 250? is it because they created new chars before the patch ?

in WvW

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Why do i have 0 chests with rank 300 and some guildies with 320 have 250? is it because they created new chars before the patch ?

They had more ranks before the chests were implemented. When wxp came out there were no chests

in WvW

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

im pretty sure i had more ranks since im here from the begining and some of them arent.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Awww… I’ll miss my 1500+ chests waiting for me.

But yeah, even 250 chests is gonna take me a while to get through. :P

in WvW

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’ll miss seeing nearly 4k bonus chests waiting for me

Still going to take nearly forever to get through the 250 though. Oh well.

in WvW

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

I just hate the fact knowing ill have wasted chests now because of this limit. why not make the limit 1k or 500 so they dont go to waste?

Im still confused where 2500 chests even came from i had

Rawr?

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

This was to resolve the bug that granted some players thousands of extra chests after the feature patch.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

This was to resolve the bug that granted some players thousands of extra chests after the feature patch.

Yet has left them with 250 out of their thousands?

Is this for real?

I can understand if its people that have logged on for the first time since rank up chests appeared and have all the bonus chests from that + the bonus chests for placement of their server each week since, thats fair enough, we all got those chests too.

But if people suddenly from nowhere got 4k+ chests for nothing, as is implied in this thread, and are now allowed to keep 250 of them?

What the actual hell?

Can we have some clarification plese?

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I saw this too and I am assuming its to help correct a bug which appeared after last update in which some players, got 100’s or 1,000’s of bonus chests.

Good luck to those players who benefited.

I hope it does not effect the bonus chests we get on Fri thou…I open mine up every week, so have 0 by Thursday and then usually get 3 on Friday after reset. I don’t think this will be effected and its just aimed at sorting the chest bug out.

I guess we will find out this Friday…

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Yet has left them with 250 out of their thousands?

Is this for real?

I can understand if its people that have logged on for the first time since rank up chests appeared and have all the bonus chests from that + the bonus chests for placement of their server each week since, thats fair enough, we all got those chests too.

But if people suddenly from nowhere got 4k+ chests for nothing, as is implied in this thread, and are now allowed to keep 250 of them?

What the actual hell?

Can we have some clarification plese?

Short answer is yes, it looks like anyone who lucked out by getting bogus bonus chests gets to keep a substantial portion of them as well as whatever bonus chests they managed to claim from their pool before the patch. I’m guessing it was a more expedient solution that determining who was affected.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]