Wvw ts headset recommendations

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

So…

If I’m not gifted a headset in 2 days, I have $150 bucks I could potential spend on a headset.

I don’t want to blow it all on just that.

Clearly mic audio quality is most important.

What do you guys use? How good do you think it is?

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Frankly if mic audio quality is your prime concern.. Don’t buy a headset.
It doesn’t matter what headset it is, gaming headset mics are pretty cheap.

Realistically, the mic audio reproduction quality isn’t the primary concern for most. It doesn’t really matter unless you plan to do music (vocal) recording.
Comms services such as TS will neuter it down to a lower quality for streaming anyway.

Any headset around $40 or $50+ ( I’m not american so I am gauging based on local prices) will be more than good enough. features like 7.1 surround, or wireless are where they get a bit expensive.

Heck, the headphones that come with an Iphone are good enough, and should be well under $40 on amazon or something. Just gotta keep the mic in a good spot..

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Sure quality matters. Our server TS has had people with very poor quality voice and with very good quality voice. And our players have sung in TS!

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

My headset thingy I bought says turtle beach z11. I like it, comfortable and never got complaints about people hearing me. Good for a casual fair weather like me.

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Amplified-Headset-Devices/dp/B00KJGYA60?th=1

Looks like it cost 20 bucks.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Yeah I have ear buds I won’t even use, with a mic…same as iPhone, one of mine came with my Samsung Galaxy.

Thanks Rambitshouse.8712, that’s a good lead!

Agreed Pelto.9364, I ask becuase I have heard scratchy, cutting out and whistling mics in ts and I don’t want to be that guy.

Artemis Thuras.8795, good call on specs, though surround sound is just a perk if all it is for is voice but nothing wrong with having music backup…like when I don’t want to mute someone’s kitten ts music bot.

BT would be mad convenient but probably not worth the price tag.

I am atleast looking for a boom mic, not some silly inline cheap earbud mic.

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I Like my Logitech. Have had it for almost 3 years, and have had 0 issues.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Frankly if mic audio quality is your prime concern.. Don’t buy a headset.
It doesn’t matter what headset it is, gaming headset mics are pretty cheap.

Then you havent used good headsets.

I highly recommend Sennheisers. Excellent audio and they usually have some of the best mics around. I am currently using a game one. The earcups fits me perfectly, to the point I have only been able to use HD series style cups for like 10 years lol. Others have a tendancy to use huge round cups or too small round ones. My ears arent round :/

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Surround sound question: The game sounds clearly surround/directional with 2 speakers. Does 7.1 of headset add anything new or better to the sound? Adds nothing if the game does not actually provide 7.1 channel output?

Does 7.1 headsets really have 8 input pins?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Most (all?) 7.1 headsets run virtual surround via USB instead of using the mic/sound jack. I have honestly never used a pair but from what I gather its a little hit and miss. Games may sound great but generic audio like music will be off. The main advantage there is that you bypass the sound chip on the mobo by using USB – if you use some cheapass crappy mobo then high impedance normal headphones wont drive so well (a soundcard with amplifier is ideal)