WwW / Megaserver / GvG

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: jomir.1958

jomir.1958

hello,

i was thinking how the new changes (guild merges) and the Megaserver will affect WvW.
My question is, why not go the whole way till the end? That means, why keeping “Homeservers” and not replace it with “Guild Alliances”? My suggestions would be:

• Drop the Homeserver and replace it with Guild Alliances
  • Each Guild (managed by the Guild Leader) has to choose a Guild Alliance (e.g. “Alliance Desolation”)
  • Per Default each Guild is assigned to it’s Homeserver responding Guild Alliance
  • When the Guild Leader changes an Alliance it will be in effect at the next round of WvW. (or Season)
  • Each Player has to choose it’s active WvW Guild. Only with this Guild he/she can enter WvW.
  • When a Player changes it’s active WvW Guild it will be in effect at the next round of WvW. (or Season)

Pros:

• (Multiserver)Guild’s can play together WvW (and use their usual “Infrastructure” eg. TS)
  • Balancing the matches will be easier (cap the max. Players per Alliance)
  • Maybe player will be able to found own Guild Alliances in the future (e.g. for Gems)
  • “True” Guild wars
  • Easier WvW recruiting
  • Easier Megaserver balancing (no Homeservers)

Cons:

• For Anet: No more transfer costs
  • No more “Homeserver”

just my 2 cents..

cheers!

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

This might lead to more balanced matches. But it would lead to less people playing too I think.

What about all the pugs and non-aligned players?

I guess you could have a “server” guild that anyone could join and be placed in a match that way.

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The other issue, rarely mentioned, is voice communication. With the home servers we have a fixed point for people to talk (be verified etc.). Unless ANet is planning on adding their own VOIP, a pivotal part of WvW play will get lost.

SBI

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

What if I don’t like your guild or leader? No WvW for me. Force me to play your way.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

IMO wvw is dead without something like this. So like it or not it has to happen.

Also the pug population could just choose to be part of an alliance regardless of whether or not they are in a guild.

Or treat the pugs as mercenaries and they can join any side…(with non transferable periods)

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

what happens when one guild decides to leave their alliance and goes to another which happens between servers?
what effect you think they could implement to kept them from changing?
i like your ideas i just want to hear more

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I run with multiple guilds…. one for large fights and one for roaming. Your idea doesn’t seem like it would work for me.

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

IMO, its the same, your home server is your wvw alliance.

What we need is an instanced GvG arena system that you can fight any guild from any world.

but I guess its too late.

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: jomir.1958

jomir.1958

i think most of the things mentioned can be addressed.

eg.: player is in 3 guilds.

WvW Zerg Guild → assigned to Alliance A
WvW Roaming Guild → assigned to Alliance A
Multiserver PvE Guild → assigned to Alliance B
and
“personal one-person” Guild → assigned to his/her former Homeserver (→ Alliance C). This would also be the default alliance after the change.

he can choose anytime which alliance (A,B & C) he want’s to be for the NEXT round/season. If he chooses A he can switch between the two assigned Guilds anytime.

the best thing to make guild server changes more predictable, would be to implement a public rooster for all alliances (including all assigned guilds an member counts). so everybody can check which guilds are assigned to which alliance anytime and plan their moves accordingly.

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Unaligned guilds/players could be considered mercenaries and slotted into matchups based on balancing needs. I personally don’t care who I fight for or against so long as it is a good fight.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WwW / Megaserver / GvG

in WvW

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

yh I think we need option like GvG , let me show how i see that .

Every month guilds using influence/merits or any currency will sign up for Guild Battles .
It would elminate all small troll guilds created by 9 year old kids who wont fight in any battle becasue they dont have numbers,players etc.
They have to sign up separately for every gvg type 25vs25 , 40vs40 etc.
During signing up guild will chose time zones when they can play (they have to pick up min 3 or more for example they tick Monday 19-22) or match ups would be based on the most guild activity time .
After signing up you recieve schedule etc.

FIGHTS
it would be instanced version of this zone in obsidian sanctum maybe rebuilt a bit . People with special permision(like queue updates etc) will enter this zone and they will be able to send invites to chosen guild mates .
There will be 5 rounds . Round will end when one team is wiped or when they give up . There would be special button which appears when there is player ratio like 8vs2 .
Winners get guild commendetations or other currency .
There will be leaderbords with guild rating etc etc etc.