Wxp efficiency

Wxp efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

The introduction of Wxp has changed the motivations for the way (some)people play in wvw. I am seeing commanders not bothering to defend anything after taking it in favor of moving onto the next thing to take. If Wxp is a deciding factor when it comes to this, should we just give up things(not bother defending, not bother upgrading) in favor of moving on to take something else while the opposing servers take the thing we just did because defending is not as worth it? It was always more efficient to be the team taking stuff but the introduction of Wxp seems to separate taking and defending even more. While Wxp may have given people more incentive and more people to play(which is cool), I think wvw may have moved in not the best of directions. I’m sure this game will continue to change and I hope that future changes will improve this experience.

Wxp efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

This is not the case on my server. We still defend/upgrade all of the important objectives.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Wxp efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

This is not the case on my server. We still defend/upgrade all of the important objectives.

QFT, we have other servers complaining they need POI and Vistas….like wed hand them over.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Wxp efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

I’m noticing something similar, though not all commanders do that.

I’d say this is a passing fad, since in the long run, cap-and-run tactic impacts a team’s score. Commanders will learn and evolve over time.

Dragonbrand

Wxp efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

It’s my understanding that you do get WXP for defending, but you only get half the usual amount. However, you get that amount every time the “defend” event completes, which means that defending gives more WXP if you can hold off the attackers for 3 timer countdowns.

The problem is, you only get defense WXP if attackers actually show up. If nobody attacks you can end up sitting in your tower for hours with no WXP at all. At least the WXP is reliable if you go on the offense (and can successfully take the objectives you’re after, which is why WXP is best if you go after undefended or poorly defended objectives. a zerg that goes after a well-defended objective that takes 3 or more timer countdowns to take, will end up giving the defenders more WXP than the attackers got. and a zerg that tries and fails will give the defenders lots of WXP but get very little themselves).

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Wxp efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

It’s my understanding that you do get WXP for defending, but you only get half the usual amount. However, you get that amount every time the “defend” event completes

This is not true. You only get WXP from defending if you have repaired something or killed someone in the building.

You get bronze defender WXP when you repaired 4-12 supply, silver when you repaired 14-22 and gold when you repaired 24 supply or more.

So, the enemy can attack all they want and you can fight all you want for hours: if you don’t repair or kill you get zero WXP.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

Wxp efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

It’s my understanding that you do get WXP for defending, but you only get half the usual amount. However, you get that amount every time the “defend” event completes

This is not true. You only get WXP from defending if you have repaired something or killed someone in the building.

You get bronze defender WXP when you repaired 4-12 supply, silver when you repaired 14-22 and gold when you repaired 24 supply or more.

So, the enemy can attack all they want and you can fight all you want for hours: if you don’t repair or kill you get zero WXP.

Is this documented somewhere so I can get more information regarding this? On the wiki page it simply says a specific point value for defending(not the breakdown you are providing) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Experience

Thanks.