Yak's Bend

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Dan.7386

Dan.7386

This week opens a new chapter of WvW for Yak’s Bend. The map has been completely dominated, and the hard work put in by hardcore wvw players that have been here since day one is finally paying off. Of course your going to hear people from other servers whinge about how we did this or that, but the bottom line is, Yak’s Bend has a massive player base that is down to WvW. We have Commanders that will coordinate attacks. Guilds that are formed, and function solely on WvW.

Attachments:

Artice(Yak’s Bend)

(edited by Dan.7386)

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Yak-s-Bend-is-on-the-rise/first#post534080

So what server will you be transferring to middle of next week?

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Yak-s-Bend-is-on-the-rise/first#post534080

So what server will you be transferring to middle of next week?

That’s the sad truth of it. Probably not the above poster but many of the band wagon idiots we are getting. The issue here is we had a killer match up, then one that was blown out of the water the dropped us into the wrong lower tier. Server transfers kill ranking. We will jump 2 brackets this friday and will get owned because we should only be up one.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

zastari.1730

I agree. As a player form Maguuma, I’d love to be matched up against y’all next week. Unfortunately you’re going to rocket right above our tier. Unless you’ve at least doubled forces since we played you two matchups ago, you’re going to get really outzerged.

Maguuma

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Dan.7386

I’ve represented Yak’s Bend since the Beta’s. I refuse to go anywhere else, and I refuse to lose. This server will grind it’s way to the top, and the people that do it will be proud of what they accomplish when we get there. There’s a reason we give back hacked orbs, it’s called pride. The guildes that WvW on Yak’s Bend our proud of their effort, and noone can take that away from them.

Artice(Yak’s Bend)

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

that sounds all nice and cute, but yeah

next week when u get matched with other zerg servers, half of your server is gonna jump out and leave your server to go to the winner side.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

13. Gate of Madness 58 919
14. Sanctum of Rall 475 702
15. Yak’s Bend 101 471

Just a week ago, and now by your post your ready for the big time because you had a blowout match against a tier you shouldn’t have been in?

You know what I find a server learns in a blow out like your current match? Nothing.

~ AoN ~

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Jan.4830

Jan.4830

This week opens a new chapter of WvW for Yak’s Bend. The map has been completely dominated, and the hard work put in by hardcore wvw players that have been here since day one is finally paying off. Of course your going to hear people from other servers whinge about how we did this or that, but the bottom line is, Yak’s Bend has a massive player base that is down to WvW. We have Commanders that will coordinate attacks. Guilds that are formed, and function solely on WvW. And even our PUGS are down to smash face. Bottom line is, look out for Yak’s Bend. Latest Screenshot to hurt your kittens is right here, enjoy.

*I dont think we need this particular brand of chestbeating.

There is no value to this thread. Forum mods, requesting threadlock.

Yaks Bend Alliance
Melisande-Warrior

(edited by Jan.4830)

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Erenstasia.8376

Erenstasia.8376

I’m starting to wonder about the threadstarter’s allegiances, seems to be a thinly veiled attempt at making Yak’s Bend look bad by posting multiple topics on a subject that is bound to invite criticism and flaming from other servers.

In any case, this individual does not speak for the whole server, please ignore the troll, thank you.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

Is he even on the Yaks server? I’ve never seen him before.

Edit: Saw the picture, guess he is. None the less, I’ve never seen him in WvW, wonder what guild he’s in.

(edited by SausageStorm.4293)

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

As a day 1 Yaker, I do not share OP’s statement. I feel bad about this week match up, we should have not been paired up with server with smaller WvW population. We are going to pay for it by jumping two brackets next week.

Haven’t seen much SF in the battlefield, but GoM put up great resistance through out the week. Hats off to you guys for keep on fighting!

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Kazak.8459

Is he even on the Yaks server? I’ve never seen him before.

Sadly he is, or maybe he is a dirty transfer? Look at his screenshot, it has home icon on YB

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

Looked through his past posts, he’s apart of “Ragnarok”

I’ve seen very few of them in-game. Are they part of the Alliance?

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Lyan.6804

Lyan.6804

im not from any of those 3 servers or ever played against any of those. Congratulations on ur 100%.
why are u ppl allways flaming when someone just being proud of what they accomplished?
Can u do it? then just do it!
And servers transfers happens in any server afaik. U guys flaming but in ur server happens too for sure.
And the noob train is still arround, remember that.

Gandara Commander [SN]
Ly Ann at ur service

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Osiath.4823

Osiath.4823

Its one thing to be proud of what you have accomplished but to boast about it is arrogant and disrespectful. The member of our guild, Dan, does not only affect himself but stuff like this affects Ragnarok guild and even Yak’s Bend as a whole. I cant speak for Yak’s bend as a whole but I can say that this is not what Ragnarok is about.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Picklock.5820

Picklock.5820

congrats, you’ve won nothing… oops sorry, I guess you lost your guild.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Dan.7386

I put the post up for a little recognition for hard work that has paid off. Excuse me for being proud of my server. Yak’s Bend has grinded through alot of crap in WvW, and I’m just happy to see a win.

Artice(Yak’s Bend)

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Anatax.3905

Anatax.3905

Yak’s Bend get ready on Friday night cause you are going up against Darkhaven and we’ve won four in a row, and taken powerful guilds from our enemies. This last week VIP joined us from Northern Shiver Peaks and they are strong as hell. We have two huge alliances and about 15 commanders ready to lay into you and our other enemy as well. I remember how you outnumbered us when last we fought this time around the numbers will be even, and we will have solid leadership working to take you down. Good luck and see you on the Battlefields!

CmdrThrennAirborne,Eraticks,Lsion,Anataxis
Guild member of Rethisis, proud server soldier of Darkhaven.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Dan.7386

My apologies guys. I had a few brews and got a little carried away. My posts were meant for a little harmless camaraderie, and I didn’t intend to flame anyone. So again, I apologize.

Artice(Yak’s Bend)

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Yak’s Bend get ready on Friday night cause you are going up against Darkhaven and we’ve won four in a row, and taken powerful guilds from our enemies. This last week VIP joined us from Northern Shiver Peaks and they are strong as hell. We have two huge alliances and about 15 commanders ready to lay into you and our other enemy as well. I remember how you outnumbered us when last we fought this time around the numbers will be even, and we will have solid leadership working to take you down. Good luck and see you on the Battlefields!

Guilds jumping from other servers is certainly the best way to build the long term health of your server. We all know they wont leave again.

~ AoN ~

Yak's Bend

in WvW

zastari.1730

Yak’s Bend, I wouldn’t be too worried. They’re still trying to learn tactics from Maguuma from the current matchup and failing miserably.

Maguuma

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

This week means next to nothing for Yaks. Except that we did what we should have. Mass transfers to SoR ruined two weeks of WvW for us. While before them, we were in an awesome spot, in a competitive tier with several servers in the same range.

Hard to have any idea where YB stands now, because the big win has undoubtedly flooded the server with transfers of our own. Who knows if they will stick around when the going gets tougher. If we aren’t ready for jumping up 5 spots, like we are about to, then it willl be 3 weeks in a row ruined by transfers.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Kazak.8459

YB’s score is definitely over inflated at this point. If we can hold our own this week, I will be impressed.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

@Pendragon

i’m not certain we have had an honest swell of transfers. I’ve not seen one new guild on Yaks Bend in many weeks.

I try not to count unguilded people who swell in and out of servers as they never seem to have the impact on a server that a single guild transferring has.

that and we still don’t have queues on every map even during prime time. usually we don’t have queues on any map. Yaks is still small compared to the servers we are about to be going up against.

-Desirz Matheon

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Kazak.8459

Plus our (Yak’s) queue is taken up by bots recently

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

The score is just beyond ridiculous, 545K vs 42K vs 36K.

And I counted the bots in YBB, over 70 bots that’s taking up valuable queue and they’re mostly in the water near Garrison and up in the NW corner at the skillpoint location. I bet it’s similar on other servers, I wish people can just go in there and kill them.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I wish Yak’s Bend good luck in next match… Oh wait, I don’t.
Go Crystal Desert! Go Darkhaven, you learned PB – so make use of it and smash Yak’s as hard you can.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

No one wants to be a Yakass….

Ninein
-Maguuma

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Kazak.8459

Seems like botters tend to follow the winning servers. Last week I saw a lot of SoR botters when they were dominating.

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Hey yaks bend! Darkhaven here, just going to go ahead and wish you guys luck. I hope this time were not completely dominated by you guys. we have been fighting hard and working on improving everyday. Maguuma taught us a BUNCH of new stuff that I had no idea about.

I’ll see you guys early mornings as a commander and in the evenings as a soldier with my guild. good luck out there and have fun!

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: IIXII.9835

IIXII.9835

I had lots of fun with bots on GoM side killed alot of them here some screenshots
http://imgur.com/mbQSZ
http://imgur.com/zHvly
http://imgur.com/FqLP8
http://imgur.com/Bt8UP
Didnt get a botkiller title tho :/

Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: joebane.5872

joebane.5872

Kudos to you Darkhaven, very well played so far!

Joebane – Yak’s Bend
Foo Guild – www.fooguild.com