Yak's Bend (US) needs more daytime guilds!

in WvW

Posted by: Itharius.6802

Itharius.6802

If you have a guild that’s considering a new server for WvW, you should come to Yak’s Bend. We have fairly low queue times (instant during the day) and a pretty solid, though fledgling Guild Alliance going (Lumeria, Foo, Badger Spirits, and some others). The problem is that we all play at night! Yak’s Bend often dominates its nighttime match-ups but falters pretty badly come 7 or 8 am EST through midday. We really need more organized WvW guilds to hold the lines while the sun is out, so we can work our way toward the higher tiers.

Our players are pretty friendly. Most of the bad tempered players and trolls transferred off a few weeks ago while we were matched with Blackgate. It’s probably why there are so many stories now about the volatility of the Blackgate community, lol.

If you would like more information, contact me ingame.

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Too bad there are a ton of exploiters in Yak :/

in WvW

Posted by: brender.9728

brender.9728

LOL

Needs organization

Queue Yaks Bend:

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: kyokara.1867

kyokara.1867

A ton of exploiters
That’s why we’ve been last the last few match-ups and spend most of the time with no orbs?
QQ

Have to say it though, if it weren’t for Foo and the like our server would probably be in the lower ranks instead of the mid ranks. Thank you!

80 Warrior
2 Mesmer (sPvP only)

(edited by kyokara.1867)

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Foo works with many other great guilds to get stuff done. We do very little by ourselves.

mostly we just try to make sure all the guilds on Yaks have access to the tools and information they want or need to succeed as best they can in WvW. guilds which are bigger and better than us.

It is all those guilds working together and our relatively small population that makes me proud of my server. We seem almost constantly outnumbered yet perform surprisingly well at times.

thats a neat graph above, but we haven’t had queues since that week. none that i’ve seen. exploiters? yes we are about the same as the average server in that dept. we have our share of bad seeds that we do our best to find and report whenever possible.

The organization on Yaks just impresses me daily. We do so much with so little. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

A ton of exploiters
That’s why we’ve been last the last few match-ups and spend most of the time with no orbs?
QQ

Have to say it though, if it weren’t for Foo and the like our server would probably be in the lower ranks instead of the mid ranks. Thank you!

We have lots of screenshots of Yak’s Bend people underground attacking altars and a few of a large group of Yak’s Bend doing a garrison wall glitch to bypass a gate. I’m not saying all or even a significant portion of Yak’s Bend are cheaters, but I think this is a lot more than we’ve encountered in previous matches. Maybe they were less known exploits back then or something.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: gloombot.3519

gloombot.3519

Yak’s has some pretty good players in it. In fact out of all the servers I’ve faced so far, they’re the only server where some of the players will win against the group I’m in with around even numbers. Usually the people I roam with have no problem taking 2x their number on, especially if we can choose where we are fighting.

They have some 3-5 man groups that roam around that are -very- good.

Their zerg just needs to be a little more aggressive! But overall a really good server to transfer on if you don’t want high queues or population issues (small or large).

I’ve been enjoying facing their night crew.

Doom Bot – One Man Riot [iRez] – Maguuma – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

Yak’s only need daytime guilds now because of the massive daytime Goon presence. BTW, there are script kiddies on all three sides. Ive seen people from Yak’s, EBay and MG all using speed, z and teleport hacks daily. The most comon though seem to be speed and teleport hacks (usually in the form of jump ahead X units). It’s pretty obvious too when you are chasing someone and they jump out of click range. Sorry, no ingame ability has that far of a jump.

in WvW

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

But I like logging in after classes and finding everything we used to own last night being blue, than taking it right back. :[

in WvW

Posted by: Kasen.9032

Kasen.9032

I wish people would stop blaming individual servers for hacking/exploiting. It’s not fair to blame an entire server when it’s the actions of certain individuals. Anet is aware of this and are working towards removing those people. All we need to do is keep reporting them until they put an end to the hacking.

let’s not forget how easy it is for people to jump servers every 24 hours. When someone is tired of hacking/exploiting on 1 server they can just jump to the next one and so on. This does not mean that server is at fault and should not be blamed.

My 2 cents.

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

I wish people would stop blaming individual servers for hacking/exploiting. It’s not fair to blame an entire server when it’s the actions of certain individuals. Anet is aware of this and are working towards removing those people. All we need to do is keep reporting them until they put an end to the hacking.

let’s not forget how easy it is for people to jump servers every 24 hours. When someone is tired of hacking/exploiting on 1 server they can just jump to the next one and so on. This does not mean that server is at fault and should not be blamed.

My 2 cents.

^This. Yak’s is not different than other servers with hacks. IMO Orbs should be removed until the hacking problem is resoved. All servers have them so let’s stop accusing one another for the actions of a few. Report them when you see them.

I am one of the prime time players due to a daytime job and life in general. But when I do get to log in Yak’s does very well and getting better all the time. An improved presence during off peak hours would improve our rankings. Que times are indeed non-existent or very short worst case.

I would like to say to the other Yak’s guild it’s been fun the last few days. Communication is improving and a couple of very good commanders are emerging. I would like to specifically point out Septix (not sure if I spelled your name correctly). He did an excellent job on Monday night pushing both Ebay and Maguuma back to their spawns on Yak’s borderlands. His communication through chat was concise and the rest of the server followed his lead.

I belong to Knights and Heroes [Beer] that unfortunately is a largely PvE guild, but we do have a few very strong Wv3 members.

Been great fights on the server the last few days!

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

Posted by: russia.9057

russia.9057

Yaks could use a lot of help 24/7 since most of that server will probably get banned for hacking.

Soviet
www.twitch.tv/sovietgw2

in WvW

Posted by: ShaunZ.1098

ShaunZ.1098

Well good …. once they get banned you can stop complaining about it right?

Gremmil – Fort Aspenwood Engineer
It’s [NERF] or nothing!

in WvW

Posted by: etsmith.9025

etsmith.9025

out of all of the hacking posts , I have seen 1 set of pictures that showed a yaks bend player using z axis hack. Look to your own and clean your own house before pointing fingers at another.

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

I’d say we’ve got one of the best after prime crews. We usually only do OK from around 6-10 cst. Then we gain steam from then untill about 5am cst, our day crew usually gets obliterated. I woke up early on Saturday and we literally had 3 players in one boarderlands and were getting spawn camped in the other two.

I must say you guys in Foo rock, also the guys from [RIMS] when they are on.

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

This current matchup between Maguuma, Yak’s Bend and Ebay is an EPIC failure of Arenanet’s ranking system. All three seem to be far apart from each other in WvW. The ONLY saving grace and that it’s only one week not TWO.

If they don’t rework their system quickly, they are going to kill off half their existing servers.

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

We have lots of screenshots of Yak’s Bend people underground attacking altars and a few of a large group of Yak’s Bend doing a garrison wall glitch to bypass a gate.

Where’s the proof? Post it.Talk is cheap.

in WvW

Posted by: norman.7026

norman.7026

We have lots of screenshots of Yak’s Bend people underground attacking altars and a few of a large group of Yak’s Bend doing a garrison wall glitch to bypass a gate.

Where’s the proof? Post it.Talk is cheap.

http://i.imgur.com/Th0o8.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

There was a thread on it before it was deleted. Proof is supposed to go straight to A.Net, they don’t like us posting them here. The above is just one of mine though, so view it before it’s moderated :P Sadly, when I ask for the same thing you do, I never get replies. Or they’re deleted before I see them, but I doubt it.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy