Yak's Bend is recruiting Oceanic/ Asia players

in WvW

Posted by: Spetrix.3859

Spetrix.3859

Dear WvW community!

Yak’s is the server I have been on since day 1 and I’ve had the pleasure to see how far we’ve come as a community and as WvWers.

I don’t want to make this message too long so I’m going to list out why you should consider a move to Yak’s Bend (and stay) for your GW2 career.

1. Our rise through the ranks has not been a result of transfers (although we do appreciate our new guilds and members). Instead, it has been because we have learned to work together as a community. Our WvWers are from all different guilds but we all play together, there are no politics. Because of this, Yak’s has a strong base of WvWers who are dedicated to our server. We have enormous server pride.

2. It’s a server you can be proud to be a part of. If you read our previous WvW server threads, most of our opponents compliment us on our fair game play and legitimate use of tactics. We appreciate good fights.

3. You can make a big difference. Right now, our US Primetime team is excellent. We are holding our own in T4 against Crystal Desert and Darkhaven and are consistently competitive and present. Our weakness is that we are lacking in a strong WvW oceanic time presence. I am a commander on Oceanic time and when we get on, we can easily field 50-60 people. We sometimes have single borderland ques by 12PM US EST. One strong WvW Oceanic guild or another 20-30 Oceanic players working another map would allow us to be an extremely strong Oceanic presence giving us good coverage.

4. Your difference would be thoroughly appreciated. Are you on a server dominated by some big name guilds? We don’t have any guilds that dominate the WvW scene. Only teammates that help each other accomplish objectives together. Peoples’ accomplishments are recognized and all guilds have deep respect for each other. Feel free to check out our community site at www.yaksbend.com and see for yourself

This message isn’t to say that we don’t welcome more US players or PvE guilds, we certainly do. As a commander who wants our server to win (in a fair and legitimate way) it is my responsibility to acknowledge the weaknesses beyond our control and address them.

I will say that we aren’t looking for server transfer hoppers. We want players that are in it to win it (as a Yak!) and are looking for a community that would like to play with us as much as we would like to play with you.

-Spetrix

Spetrix l 80 Sylvari Thief l Yak’s Bend
Grawls Gone Wild (GGW)

(edited by Spetrix.3859)

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

Spetrix is a respected commander on Yak’s and I couldn’t agree more with his post. The lack of large guilds and the associated egos that come with them are not currently an issue. We as players have come to recognize individual people’s names, not just Guild tags.

Yak’s is a great place for WvWvW because of our improving team work!

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The problem with trying to recruit Oceanic/Asia players is they have no incentive.

I don’t think they really care about the US prime time being excellent. Most are looking for people to play with within their time zone. Seeing as there is far few Oceanic/Asia players than US/NA ones. They’re are going to flock to the unofficial Oceanic/Asia servers.

In other words. They’re not going to come to you. You have to go to them.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: Erenstasia.8376

Erenstasia.8376

Chiming in to echo Spetrix’s call for more Oceanic / Asian players interested to join our community on Yak’s Bend.

As a member of a small Singaporean guild here, we could have joined any of the populated unofficial Oceanic servers for an easier ride. However, the sense of community here is amazing, and the server pride that is slowly but surely developing keeps us going against our opponents during the off peak hours regardless of the outmanned buff.

It’s a long shot I know, but I sincerely hope that you will consider Yak’s Bend as a home if you are looking to transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilshenar.7142

Ilshenar.7142

I’m on CD fighting yaks this week and I have to say this server is heading to the top for sure. The tactics they use and the response time is A+, it has been a pleasure doing battle with them.

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

Other items of note:

We have a 1000man+ mumble available for use.
A community website with active forums (just don’t touch the Pooka)
Speaking of Pooka, we have quite the number of fun personalities on the server. (Drunk pooka is funny as hell)
Organized server commander meetings – where we discuss tactics and share knowledge (hold hands, sing songs ect)
We have no issues holding our own in US Prime, Just need a bit of help on the Oceanic side.

Thanks for considering…

Subtle

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Osskil.1029

Osskil.1029

I am on CD but I can say that Yak’s is a quality server with quality players and a very respectful community. I can recall 2 hacked orbs that their commanders have manned up and returned.

If you’re looking for a good home, go to Yak’s.

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

As long as they don’t fill up q’s and don’t hack, otherwise sure.

in WvW

Osskil.1029

All servers have hackers – but that doesn’t mean everyone on the server does it. All GOOD servers will have queues – because people want in on the GOOD action.

As previously stated, Yak’s has respectfully returned stolen/hacked orbs, so as far as ‘hacking’ goes – they obviously don’t condone it.

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

All servers have hackers – but that doesn’t mean everyone on the server does it. All GOOD servers will have queues – because people want in on the GOOD action.

As previously stated, Yak’s has respectfully returned stolen/hacked orbs, so as far as ‘hacking’ goes – they obviously don’t condone it.

Thanks for mentioning this. We made a little buzz the first time we did this, and I hope it has created a trend within the GW2 community as a whole.

As far as our server goes, I personally love it. Every guild has it’s independence yet we continue to work together to get things done. I’ve played with a lot of big egos in a lot of pvp guilds over the years, and the maturity level has impressed me a lot on Yak’s.

We’ve held our own against CD this week, who has a large Asian population. We just can’t keep up with them during our off peak hours though. We are realizing that our server could jump another tier if we had a few more Asian/Oceanic guilds on our server, and this is why Spetrix chose to post. I think any Asian guild that is looking to transfer and doesn’t need to be on the “best” server should consider Yak’s Bend. The potential is here, we just need you off peak players!

Cheers,
BB

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Basically if anyone wants to be on what is right now a 3rd/4th tier server and have no queue times this is the place to be.

Speaking coverage On Yaks, our weakest time is usually European prime time. Its a shame too, as we offer a server who’s NA prime and late night coverage is extremely strong.. absolutely top tier. As an Oceanic/European one would often find themselves coming into the game controlling a lot of the map full of upgraded keeps and towers.

During US prime time and into the late US hours (towards Oceanic prime time) Yaks hold their own and even dominates the map. We lose most of our points and coverage when its Euro prime.

Not that we couldn’t use more oceanic guilds. Honestly we are punching way over our weight class. We could use more NA/Oceanic/Euro time zone guilds all alike, grabbing a few guilds and still having room to spare. But its true we are just on the verge of having NA queues on every map. Not quite there but close.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Marktman.5741

Marktman.5741

I’ve made a bunch of friends on Yak’s Bend and would say cooperation and the guilds working together are definitely a strong point n

in WvW

Posted by: ImmortalZodd.6871

ImmortalZodd.6871

Yak’s Bend is an awesome server, i am not even that guild oriented but coming on the mumble server has been a great experience during WvW for better communication. our commanders are great the guys and will jump battlefields to help and defend points with great communication as long as you ask them too. They will pull together awesome strats like this past weekend late at night getting everyone who was on the mumble at that time into golems and having mesmer port train us to nearest keep and take it under 7 min with 8 golems was a lot of fun.

all we really lack is coverage during the times when most of us are asleep. Near zero wait times during these past two weeks (except friday when switches happen) is another big plus for guilds or groups who are thinking of switching servers especially during non peek hours we still have a decent sized night crew that remains after peek hours.

Yak’s Bend is the place for you in WvW even if you don’t have anyone else to transfer with you can still join us in on awesome close battles we are having in tier 4, hopefully moving up next week because we keep improving as a community.

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

Also, we don’t just have public mumble.

We have public mumble, TS3, and Ventrillo and we can get as many players as anyone wants to bring onto any of these servers.

We have no problems setting your 500 person guild up on ts3 if ts3 is what you want to use.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Subtle.4596

Subtle.4596

A quick few points:

We don’t want server hoppers or fairweather players.
We don’t want disruptive, smartKITTEN, commanders.
We don’t want commanders/guilds who will not work with the community/alliance that we have worked hard for.
We don’t want hackers or exploiters.

If you come to the server and fall into the above.. You WILL be outed by the community – The people of the server know what to expect from commanders and players.

Subtle/Not Subtle
80Thief/80Guard
Yaksbend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: rich.3417

rich.3417

as a recent transfer that’s been on the Yak’s Bend server for a short while, I can say the server has a good community, especially on the WvWvW side. Most of the commanders are pretty good, and people are always actively running around helping in anyway they can.

I left my previous server due to lack of leadership and organization in WvWvW, I am pretty happy I made the choice to move here. I look forward to make this server my permanent home, through the good and the bad.

in WvW

Posted by: AcFiBu.9624

AcFiBu.9624

I’ve been on yaks since the preorder launch. I have to say that Seeing what our WvW community has developed into I couldn’t have asked for more as far as the community goes. Like the opening post has stated we have that weakness in our oceanic/asian times. We just need some more WvW force in those time zones.

in WvW

Marktman.5741

It’s a great time to switch with a fresh group of opponents tomorrow.

in WvW

Posted by: The Blind Man.3642

The Blind Man.3642

I would like to second what Subtle said. I’ve noticed a couple of new commanders from guilds I’ve never seen before, who don’t communicate with other commanders. If you have any plans of transferring and doing something similar. Don’t.

With that in mind, all Yak’s needs is a good EU/AUS prime time player base and we will be a T3/T2 server easy. We have never had the numbers to zerg, even during NA prime time, as such we have developed strategies and perfected our response times. If you need any more evidence about our WvW abilities please read the YB v CD v DH thread.

Yak’s Bend Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Taemek.1602

Taemek.1602

The problem with trying to recruit Oceanic/Asia players is they have no incentive.

I don’t think they really care about the US prime time being excellent. Most are looking for people to play with within their time zone. Seeing as there is far few Oceanic/Asia players than US/NA ones. They’re are going to flock to the unofficial Oceanic/Asia servers.

In other words. They’re not going to come to you. You have to go to them.

It’s not the incentive issue thats the problem, Oceanic players in general seem more lazy in my experience. They also are renowed to be guild hoppers.

I have run my guild in many games now, and the attitude of the Oceanic playerbase is just very casual and care free. It is also a population issue, where European and American player bases having literally millions uppon millions of players, the chances of finding long term players who care about being in a guild and being part of that guilds community is alot easier due to sheer numbers.

It has been an issue for Oceanic guilds for the best part of 10 years to keep them active, I don’t see the issue going away anytime soon unless we can inject another 100+ million people here somehow.

Boat people?

in WvW

Posted by: Spetrix.3859

Spetrix.3859

Hey Guys,

I don’t want to derail the thread to debase oceanics and have this turn into a They are, they are not type ordeal. As such, I’m kindly requesting to take it outside this thread.

Yak’s is still looking for you! Seen a few new people on during my time zone! Looking forward to seeing more. Btw we have several awesome heavy – oceanic guilds (TOG & FT) which are absolute pros during this hour.

Thanks in advance

Spetrix l 80 Sylvari Thief l Yak’s Bend
Grawls Gone Wild (GGW)

in WvW

Posted by: Radiant.5729

Radiant.5729

We are a small guild of oceanic/european tz players who came onboard this server sort of …as a mistake. But nonetheless, a good mistake (was originally slotted to head forth to Blackgate).

We have not moved, and most likely will not move since our guild do like the unique fighting spirit Yaks’ have, especially when its that few of us at the oceanic tz fighting hordes of whatever is out there.

Feels like Resident Evil eh.

-bump- come over if you want a taste of what YB has to offer.

Faeaonna | Mesmer |
Guild Me Like ~ Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

Bumping this thread. I’m tend to go to wvw when I get the chance with a buddy of mine and we’re loving the general atmosphere. Great people and commanders we’ve played with (mostly Subtle, juicifruitz, Spetrix, and The Blind Man), though they may not know us as we’re not a wvw guild and probably don’t stand out. :P

Help in those timezones would be phenomenal, even if a little. Perhaps we really will move up and belong where we were placed.

in WvW

Posted by: muhconstitution.4052

muhconstitution.4052

@Radiant
You must have had quite a week with CD, thanks for your efforts.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Please give Yak’s some love.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

As a TC’er, I’m looking forward to fighting Yak’s next week. If nothing else, their forum community is awesome. haha

in WvW

Osskil.1029

Can’t wait to fight Yak’s and TC again. What a fun match up this is going to be!

Lord Osskilian – Mesmer
Sanctum of Rall – [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: ImmortalZodd.6871

ImmortalZodd.6871

bump for an epic fight come friday reset… i just hope we can field some more Asia/EU area players to compete.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The last day (night for me in Aust.) of the FA/ET match should be epic, I’m considering preparing to pull an all nighter for it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Hubris.7039

Hubris.7039

The last day (night for me in Aust.) of the FA/ET match should be epic, I’m considering preparing to pull an all nighter for it.

This. I hope FA brings their A-game tonight, ‘cause we’re coming for them.

Wiideus – Elementalist
Officer – War is Hell [WAR]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I moved to Yaks a month ago and don’t regret it at all. A very positive server with a strong population in most hours. In WvW we are a bit thin in the OC timezone, maybe 50-60 strong in these hours, and need great help in the Sinagaporean and EU times.

Our NA guys stay up all weekend to bolster us, but this support cannot go on forever.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Pix from the Society here. The Society recently moved to Yak’s Bend. We’ve been nothing but impressed by their warm reception, their ‘never say die’ attitude, and organisation in WvW. I urge any Euro guilds considering moving servers to consider Yak’s Bend, and take advantage of the current server cap raise.

Pix

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

Yaks Bend has continued to rise in NA standing since Spetrix wrote his post and we are now smack back in the middle of tier3.

We still need Asian and Oceanic players. In my opinion we most importantly need European players to address our off peak slumps.

If you are playing on a European server and thinking of moving please consider Yaks Bend. We play at a competitive level without huge queue times and matches are typically a lot of fun (look at our last two weeks match thread and appreciation given out all round)

This upcoming week is going to be super challenging and I hope to see a few new faces join in the fun!

in WvW

Marktman.5741

Wvw resets today. Would be a great time to come try yaks bend out. Looks to be a fun week of pvp.

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

This is probably the best bet if anyone wants a highly competitive server in the upper few tiers of ranking but doesn’t want to sit in queues.

our oceanic time holds its own well so far. our europeans are looking better thanks to The Society — they seem like a great bunch of folks. Europeans should find themselves joining the fray with quite a few capped and upgraded keeps waiting on them thanks to our die hard oceanic friends.

As far as what kind of server to expect?

Yaks is sort of the unofficial older folks server. We have a few of the older guilds in online gaming here, the old timers for one and Foo guild which is turning 20 years in a couple of months for another.. Yaks is a fairly mature community.

Weekly meetings for team leaders of all guilds and as always a thriving public mumble server. we do still keep ventrillo and TS3 active and available for those who prefer.

We all pretty much know each other. Its a tight knit community and we work together extremely well. we’re in the 3rd tier because of teamwork and teamwork alone.

There is no single large dominant guild on Yaks Bend. Just a solid group of smaller guilds that all love to work with one another. Because of this there is no worry that the big guild on the server might someday leave and the server will plummit. Not that anyone ever really leaves Yak’s Bend! Once you’re here you’re happy from what i’ve seen.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Osiath.4823

Osiath.4823

Been on Yak’s Bend since day one. Great community and would love for EU’s, Asia and Oceanic players to come help out and also see what we’re about.

If you want to know more about the Yak’s Bend community then I’m sure many of the players of Yak’s Bend would not mind at all just having a chat with you about it!

in WvW

Posted by: Deviant.4627

Deviant.4627

I could not agree more, If you need a home Yak’s is the place to grow, very mature server with a lot of mutual respect between the players.