Yak's Bend needs strong WvW Guilds/Players!

in WvW

Posted by: Dethroat.3514

Dethroat.3514

Hello everyone,

I am speaking for the Yak’s Bend Alliance when I say we are in need of strong WvW Guilds, and Players. We need people from our night time coverage, so we are in need of EU, and Oceanic Guilds/Players. If you’re from the States, or anywhere around the States, we will gladly take you as well.

Our Alliance has strong tactics, as well as good morale. We are all a bunch of good guys and gals looking to have fun in WvW. Our Alliance is about 50 Guilds Strong, and we have around 1000 total members in the Alliance. We use a 1000+ slot Mumble Server, and we also have a website – www.yaksbend.com. If you are interested in coming over to us, please feel free to contact me in game, through www.yaksbend.com, the Alliance’s Mumble Server (Username: Dethroat), or shoot me an email at justin@yaksbend.com and we can talk everything out.

I am looking forward to hearing from anyone who wants to transfer over and help us out.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!

Dethroat
War is Hell Leader
Yak’s Bend Alliance

Dethroat – Human – Necromancer – War is Hell [WAR] Leader
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Karmagettie.7231

Karmagettie.7231

Good luck Dethroat. We on TC are happy where we are at. Really good fights, and we dont get smashed by the upper tier.

Necka The Logic – Eng
Karmagettie – Warrior
Tarnished Coast [CYN]

in WvW

Posted by: Ireniicus.2167

Ireniicus.2167

Good luck Dethroat. We on TC are happy where we are at. Really good fights, and we dont get smashed by the upper tier.

We need some guilds just to be able to compete with other Tier3 servers

in WvW

Dethroat.3514

We need some guilds just to be able to compete with other Tier3 servers

Exactly!

Dont get me wrong, I love tier 3, but we cant even compete with you guys even though it’s been close and good fights, but still. We need people.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i’m from TC, and i’d like to say that YB has been very impressive. creative strategies, strong defensive effort, a feisty “never say die” approach, and a class act on the forums. if i was looking for a server to join, YB would probably be my top choice. it’s been a lot of fun going against you guys these past few weeks, and you’ve presented some interesting challenges. i’d really like to see more of you guys, so i’m really hoping you get some more like minded groups to add to your roster.

in WvW

Posted by: Bardock.6719

Bardock.6719

You have the Wings of Diamonds behind you Dethroat. VICTORY TO THE YAKS!!!

Bardockz
Wings of Diamonds [WoD] leader
{Winged Savior}

Resident Badass.

in WvW

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

We need people on Yak’s Bend to not make me look incompetent (good luck with that) and to hold my hand during the EB jumping puzzle.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

The que time tonight for our BL after the reset was about 15 minutes during primetime. We have room

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

I’d like to thank the TC players for their classy feedback. It has been a lot of fun fighting you for the past 2 weeks, and tier 3 is probably the most evenly matched tier right now we things going back and forth.

And for those of you looking for a server, you should know that the best quality about Yaks Bend is that we never give up, it’s always fun fighting along our side or against whether we’re winning or losing. We mainly lack EU players, and we have a somewhat ok oceanic presence but I am not sure if it’s mostly oceanic players or west coast players staying up late. Though we’d also appreciate more NA players as even in our primetime we rarely have more than one borderland on full queue.

And to add some background about our, we have moved from tier 6 in tier 3 in about a month without having any big transfers, and yet we are holding our own really well in tier 3. It does say a lot about how quick our player base learns and adapts.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

We need people on Yak’s Bend to not make me look incompetent (good luck with that) and to hold my hand during the EB jumping puzzle.

Wait wait wait! You’re telling me that there is a jumping puzzle in EB?

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Dethroat.3514

Thank you TC guys for the feedback, as well as the YB guys for feedback as well. I really appreciate the support from my fellow Yak’s as well as the server we’ve been neck and neck with for the past 2 weeks.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Harhar.5021

Harhar.5021

Another TC player here, /salute to you guys on Yak’s Bend. Good luck on your recruitment effort—if I wasn’t a happy TCer your server would be strong draw. You have shown nothing but grit, class, and creative tactics in our matches—and have earned my (and my guildies) respect. It has been a pleasure doing battle with such a tenacious and honorable server.

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

As a recent arrival to Yak’s bend, I have to say that I’m impressed by the Server’s organisation, fighting spirit, and friendly attitude. Yak’s Bend simply doesn’t give up, outmanned or not.

I highly recommend the server to any guild looking for both a challenge, and wanting to fight alongside guys and gals with true grit.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Dethroat.3514

Hey Pixie!!!! Glad to have your support!

Harhar, it’s been a great honor to fight against you as well. You guys keep us on our toes, and we love it! It can be challenging at times, but that’s what makes WvW fun! I hope we make it just as fun for you, as you make it for us!

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

insaneshadow.1654

Wait wait wait! You’re telling me that there is a jumping puzzle in EB?

Gets suspicious Yes?

You get there through a mystic portal located in each starting fort…thingy in EB. There are, or were (didn’t check for a few hours) FA players camping there. Mainly at the entrance at the top (left or right) and some manning ballistas across the broken bridge.

If you knew this then this is for anyone that didn’t know. If you all knew then I wasted my time and that made me sad ._.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in WvW

Dethroat.3514

Lmfao.

Let’s try and keep this on topic. We still need players

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Prophet.1038

Prophet.1038

I agree.

By having just two guilds or more this can significantly make a difference at Yaks Bend. Heads up tier 1 and 2 servers, if you are sick of queue times and need a place to play WvW come join us. We are friendly and down to earth people. We work as team and coordinate everything. We do not have queue times and we work well together. Since the formation of Yaks bend alliance the server has gone up a couple of tiers. Now that we are facing servers our own level we are definitely not going down without a fight. Though the other servers (FA &TC) do outnumber us at times we do not give up. We maintain and think strategically. We are in need of numbers and guilds.

Join us and lets kick some kitten
If you are contemplating switching servers and wanting to know if Yaks bend is the server for you PM me. Check out the Yaksbend alliance site. http://www.yaksbend.com/
Lets be a part of a team and show this tier what numbers and strategies can do.

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

in WvW

Dethroat.3514

Thanks Prophet for the support!

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Yak’s wants You!

NA, Oceanic, EU!

We especially need more presence at Oceanic and EU prime times!
A lot of great PvP guilds here as well to hook up with.

Yak’s Commander Leadership is second to none!

Move yourself here! Move your guild here! Yak’s has cookies!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Pretty Pixie.8603

I’ll post again, before Dethroat starts to feel awkward about all that bumping!

in WvW

Posted by: Pooposaurus Rex.5309

Pooposaurus Rex.5309

Yaks bend is the place to be! I honestly cant believe how so many guilds come together with almost no fighting or arguing. What a great community we have! Never a dull moment in wuvwuv

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

And we have a pooka back.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Dethroat.3514

I’ll post again, before Dethroat starts to feel awkward about all that bumping!

Thanks Pixie! I was beginning to think I was never going to get anymore replies!

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

insaneshadow.1654

Yak’s wants You!

NA, Oceanic, EU!

We especially need more presence at Oceanic and EU prime times!
A lot of great PvP guilds here as well to hook up with.

Yak’s Commander Leadership is second to none!

Move yourself here! Move your guild here! Yak’s has cookies!

I um… I ate all the cookies.

Join and I’ll bake more cookies! Also, teach me how to bake cookies or this thing just falls apart.

Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

The never ending supply of siege equipment has returned?

What happened Pooka? You miss us that much

As stated, Yak’s has a great community led by great commanders.

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

in WvW

Posted by: Spetrix.3859

Spetrix.3859

I’ve been a proud Yak since day 1. I’ve had the privilege to fight with these guys and see our rise in the ranks from a tier 6 server to a now tier 3. With a minor influx of new guilds we have come to this level by being tenacious and honing our gameplay and tactics. We have very little ques (if ever) for WvW (despite our server being high population). We have a large NA presence with a significant Oceanic. Where we have been lacking in numbers, we have leveraged through strong defense. If we had some Euro Primetime or additional Oceanic, we will be ready to move up the ranks and compete in the highest levels. You will be transferring to a server where the homeland is the homeland. We defend, upgrade, and fight to the last camp. We have never been cleaned off Yak’s Bend Borderland in T3.

If you have a large guild and have genuine interest in transferring, please feel free to come over to our community website at www.yaksbend.com or PM our many competent alliance commanders to help with your transfer!

If you are a small guild or solo player, please feel free and introduce yourself on our server website and we can hopefully find a guild and group of players that you will enjoy playing with on a server all of us are proud to call home. There are no dominant guilds, just some serious teamwork

Looking forward to new brethren in arms

Spetrix l 80 Sylvari Thief l Yak’s Bend
Grawls Gone Wild (GGW)

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Is this the same YB that was complaining about everything just two weeks ago?

it doesn’t seem like it so I’m confused.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

: /

Great, a server hopper. Oh joy.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

i have no idea what you’re talking about but.. this is the Yak’s Bend that is one of the most mature communities i’ve ever witnessed in an online game. this is the Yak’s Bend that has a very real sense of server community that makes its residents feel at home.

Its that Yak’s Bend. They have very little to complain about.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: fatalis.9416

fatalis.9416

This ^

It’s true

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Yak’s Bend is indeed an impressive community. I can’t really believe that we’ve come this far without major transfers!

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Xavier.2176

Xavier.2176

I transfered to Yak’s Bend last week and I have to say the server is full of great and committed people. Everyone fights for the server, not for themselves, just how it should be in Wx3. Everyone on Yak’s Bend has been friendly and people seem to know what they’re doing. And the server never gives up it seems! Sometimes we have the outmanned buff and the enemy sweeps through the EB taking everything, but instead of getting discouraged we just take everything back and more! I’m impressed by the great fight spirit and the great tactics I’ve seen so far. And I’m even more impressed by the fact that there is no fighting or childish bickering going on in the chat. All the other server’s I’ve been on had that foolish stuff but on YB everyone is fighting united.

I can definitely recommend the server to all guilds. It’s a great and mature community with a never surrender attitude.

(edited by Xavier.2176)

in WvW

Dethroat.3514

I am so glad to see some more support from the Alliance as well as other members of the Yak’s Bend server on here.

I will personally sit down with anyone who is interested in transferring and I will talk with you 1 on 1 about everything that is great about this server, and why we need you! Everyone in the Alliance has a special skill that they thrive at. We aren’t just a massive zerg like other servers, we have small strike teams, zerg teams, siege teams, etc. We have everything, and more to fit your style of gameplay you are looking for, and we will accept you into the family we’ve grown into since the release of the game!

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dethroat.3514)

in WvW

Posted by: badwhitecat.5609

badwhitecat.5609

Being a member of “OF” on yaks bend i have to say we absolutlely enjoy the never say die attitude on Yak’s bend. But yes, the server could use a few more strong guilds to help us compete

in WvW

Posted by: Islefive.5691

Islefive.5691

Shhhhh keep our secret quiet. We rare have a queue for WvW and I want to keep it that way. I like T3 TC and FA have been fun to fight and I hope we stay tier buddies for awhile.

I have enjoyed helping push YB from T6 to T3, the yaksbend alliance is full of amazing and friendly people to play with. So if you think you would fit in come join our twisted little family.

[OF] Joocer

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4317

Sol.4317

Yak here. I came to this server after leaving WOW. A bunch of RL friend formed a guild that we’ve carried with us since Asheron’s Call. Most of those guys went back for Panda Power and I joined OF. Since then I’ve found the community in YB to be class acts and rather tight knit. We take pride in our pvp. We don’t give up. If we’re getting rolled you’ll still find people trying to snake a tower in a BL when no one is looking. I first ran into OF on the field while defending a tower. Just after Anet made me change my name. Apparently “Pelvicthruster” doesn’t make everyone laugh.
With a stronger night presence this server could be very strong. If you choose to come here you will find a warm welcome by being bathed in the blood of your enemies and feasting on the tears of those who cry about JPs and getting ganked.

Alfric the Wolf
Guild-Obsidian Fear
Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Pooka.3420

Pooka.3420

Pooka is BACK!

Yes to endless supply of siege and Golems and NO.. Pooka doesn’t hop servers : ) ET was a 1 week experiment.. and Pooka did them proud : )

although they didn’t like the jump in standings : p

Yaks Bend to the Bone

<3

Be happy!~

Highbeams(Druid) Pooka Pook(Ranger) – Yaks Bend

(edited by Pooka.3420)

in WvW

Posted by: justice.3256

justice.3256

Justice here, one of the Team Leads for Badger Spirits and Yaks Bend Alliance and I can say hands down, if you are on a dead WvW server or a heavy PVE server and are looking for a superior WvW experience, look no further!

We put up an awesome fight and have some good times but it is not enough against the higher tier servers we are currently matched against.

Join the herd today! Yaks Bend for life!

Subtle Justice – Thief
Drako WindSpur – Ranger
General – Badger Spirits – [BS] – Yaks Bend Alliance Team Lead

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

I think you’re confusing Yak’s with FA.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

Tarnished Coast member here:

I enjoy and respect the presence of Yak’s Bend in Tier 3. What they lack in manpower, they compensate with tactical and strategic ingenuity. They strike with precision; they do not waste resources on our heavy fortifications, and always strike us where our guard is down.

A recent example is an incident at Cragtop. Knowing that few people would expect an attack there on a monochrome map, ARMA from Yak’s Bend managed to quickly steal the tower and build several Superior Ballistas and Arrow Carts. The siege would hold off wave after wave of our infantry; by the time we overwhelmed them, we had lost a significant portion of our map (which we later took back quickly due to our superior population size).

A more populated Yak’s Bend would mean a greater commitment to organization for the Tarnished Coast, if we intend to maintain our lead.

One thing though; you Yaks clearly have no desire to preserve the beautiful peace within the Jumping Puzzle when you have the advantage there. Yes it’s supposed to be a war, but that’s exactly what makes the peace beautiful!

(edited by Iohanna.4863)

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

i have no idea what you’re talking about but.. this is the Yak’s Bend that is one of the most mature communities i’ve ever witnessed in an online game. this is the Yak’s Bend that has a very real sense of server community that makes its residents feel at home.

Its that Yak’s Bend. They have very little to complain about.

Interesting. I’d honestly never go back. But at least your experiences were positive.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I’m thinking about moving over to an american server, cause us germans just don’t receive any love from anet. Tagged servers in general have this problem, but it’s especially bad for the german ones. As soon, as it’s 1 am, there’s hardly enough players left to defend, once it’s 2 am, it’s over. If I log in in the morning, the whole map is green and it’s just not fun.
As my server is a bunch of brainless karma farmers anyway, I don’t have issues moving to another one. I’ll stick around at Drakkar Lake for a while but should I leave, the top candidates would be Yak’s Bend, Borlis Pass and Northern Shiverpeaks. From what I read at the forums, these seem the most fun.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

insaneshadow.1654

Tarnished Coast member here:

I enjoy and respect the presence of Yak’s Bend in Tier 3. What they lack in manpower, they compensate with tactical and strategic ingenuity. They strike with precision; they do not waste resources on our heavy fortifications, and always strike us where our guard is down.

A recent example is an incident at Cragtop. Knowing that few people would expect an attack there on a monochrome map, ARMA from Yak’s Bend managed to quickly steal the tower and build several Superior Ballistas and Arrow Carts. The siege would hold off wave after wave of our infantry; by the time we overwhelmed them, we had lost a significant portion of our map (which we later took back quickly due to our superior population size).

A more populated Yak’s Bend would mean a greater commitment to organization for the Tarnished Coast, if we intend to maintain our lead.

One thing though; you Yaks clearly have no desire to preserve the beautiful peace within the Jumping Puzzle when you have the advantage there. Yes it’s supposed to be a war, but that’s exactly what makes the peace beautiful!

Have my fellow Yak’s been camping the EB JP? I thought FA still had control of that since I’ve been killed by them anytime I think about looking in there. I guess some of them got angry and decided to camp it themselves. That’s not cool at all =(

Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in WvW

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

To be fair, I think it’s mostly [ct] doing the camping. They’re one of the few guilds which I deem “kill-on-sight” due to their past misdemeanors.

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Come to Yak’s
For the Saks
Our Dolyaks relax
When escorted by Yak’s
And thats the facts!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

(edited by Xavi.6591)

in WvW

Posted by: moriali.1453

moriali.1453

@TC – what a class act and worthy opponent. Cheers!

Also- bumping for recruitment purposes

in WvW

Pretty Pixie.8603

Giving away FREE Dolyak Battlemounts* on transfers of guilds 50+ or more!

*Delivery on proven transfer. Batteries sold seperately. How you actually mount these beasts is your problem. Dethroat (as commander of the Yak cavalry) to pony up all Yak mounts.

in WvW

Dethroat.3514

Giving away FREE Dolyak Battlemounts* on transfers of guilds 50+ or more!

*Delivery on proven transfer. Batteries sold seperately. How you actually mount these beasts is your problem. Dethroat (as commander of the Yak cavalry) to pony up all Yak mounts.

Consider it done! lol

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Coming from FA here. Best of luck on your recruitment, I’m loving the matchup this week. Such a rollercoaster!

Have a free bump.

RIP in peace Robert

in WvW

Posted by: soulblazer.3807

soulblazer.3807

“I joined Yak’s Bend 2 weeks ago, after seeing this poster, and it’s all true! My human necromancer has never been so healthy! His skin is now a healthy grayish color and his eyes are a vibrant green! THANK YOU YAK’S BEND!”
- A Happy Customer

bump

Attachments:

ign: soulblazer – nex sicarii – soulsangis
[SCTY] leader on Yak’s Bend.