Yak's bay trying to troll Ehmry bay in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: firestorm.1824

firestorm.1824

Someone stealing our golem and trying to run it out and give away our attack. Spies get a life and stop trying to cheat

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

sooner or later all wvw will be based on deception.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Yaks Bay Hero lol. That’s actually kind of funny. At least he went out of his way to say where he was from.

Also, can’t you simply take over your own golem by clicking F when it’s nearby like every other siege in this game? Never actually used a golem so I’m not sure if it has it’s own rules, but other siege the owner can take control whenever they feel like.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

I’m not sure what the setup is here so don’t take this as trolling.

You’re saying that someone from a different server was able to jump into your golem and steal it?

If so, as someone else stated, you couldn’t just take possession of it like with other siege you own?

If both of these are true then it actually seems like a valid mechanic in the game, not an exploit. But an official ruling from the devs would always be nice.

Again, not trolling. Just trying to see what the situation was.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

Im guessing he means that a spy on their server from Yaks Bend was stealing golems and giving away attacks….you can take your golem back (if you are the owner) by clicking F on it…

Regardless, if this guy was trolling for Yaks Bend…I’ll give him credit for the name, except that he got it wrong….so I doubt it’s a spy from our server but more like a troll from yours.

But in any case, if he was really a spy, hey it happens, dont judge out server by that since the door swings both ways and we absolutely do not tolerate cheaters on YB, and you can ask about our history of sportsmanship, and giving back orbs that were taken by exploits/hacks to the rightful owners back in the day where orbs were still there.

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

Pretty hilarious. And no reason whatsoever to think this is a Yak’s Bend player. Seems more likely it’s someone from Ehmry trolling you.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

he is not the hero you want but the hero you deserve

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

Never actually used a golem so I’m not sure if it has it’s own rules, but other siege the owner can take control whenever they feel like.

Unless there was a hotfix recently, you can’t reclaim ownership of the Golem like other siege weapons. This is why you get trustworthy people to try and hop in it really quick when it’s built.

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Elcron.1208

Elcron.1208

Pretty hilarious name I’d admit… Unlikely he’s from yaks bend tho…. And get that score board out of my face I don’t need to know you have a wooden SM and coming last if you are seriously concerned about spies/trolls

El Kharnno – Elementalist – Commander
Myrmidon Elite [ME]
Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Sometimes I’ll do something not-too-bright, and I’ll think I’m so awful, I should probably not bother at all.

Then I see a post like the one atop this thread, and I feel much better.

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

I think the angry text you guys were spamming makes it all worthwhile .

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: ShaunZ.1098

ShaunZ.1098

Is Yak’s Bay somewhere near Yak’s Bend?

Gremmil – Fort Aspenwood Engineer
It’s [NERF] or nothing!

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

What is purpose of this post? Is Yak Bend police now suppose to some how rise up and arrest this alleged person? Or is purpose to just show others how easily you retorted to CAPSLOCK swearing and Eraged in a game?

in WvW

Posted by: Evil Santa.1756

Evil Santa.1756

Looks like the name is a mix of Yaks (bend) and (Ehmry) Bay. I’m from CD and noticed that there are a group of individuals from either Maguuma, or Ehmry Bay that actively work to sabotage their opponents. We saw a lot of our CD keeps that had flame-rams setup behind quatermaster locations to burn supply prior to the location being attacked, during our multi-week match-up with those two servers.

in WvW

Posted by: eCheese.8240

eCheese.8240

Looks like the name is a mix of Yaks (bend) and (Ehmry) Bay. I’m from CD and noticed that there are a group of individuals from either Maguuma, or Ehmry Bay that actively work to sabotage their opponents. We saw a lot of our CD keeps that had flame-rams setup behind quatermaster locations to burn supply prior to the location being attacked, during our multi-week match-up with those two servers.

Building flame rams to be ready to burn the supply is not an act of sabotage, its a scorched earth policy in action.

The real sabotage is when someone transfers to your server for the week to build useless siege and waste supply in doing so.

Case 1, legit tactic.
Case 2, bullkitten cheating.

Sur Phobos / Dr Quinn
Team X Gaming [TXG]
Maguuuuuma

in WvW

Elcron.1208

Love how easily people confuse “trolling” with sabotage

Myrmidon Elite [ME]

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

If it’s “your” siege you should be able to claim it. Works like that with every other piece of siege weaponry.

in WvW

Elcron.1208

If it’s “your” siege you should be able to claim it. Works like that with every other piece of siege weaponry.

Well no, golems are the only piece of siege that you can’t kick then out if you’re the owner

Myrmidon Elite [ME]

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Building flame rams to be ready to burn the supply is not an act of sabotage, its a scorched earth policy in action.

The real sabotage is when someone transfers to your server for the week to build useless siege and waste supply in doing so.

Case 1, legit tactic.
Case 2, bullshit cheating.

How do you even burn supply? What does that mean?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

I’m from CD and noticed that there are a group of individuals from either Maguuma, or Ehmry Bay that actively work to sabotage their opponents. We saw a lot of our CD keeps that had flame-rams setup behind quatermaster locations to burn supply prior to the location being attacked, during our multi-week match-up with those two servers.

The real story:
We on Maguuma have people from other servers hanging out in our public WvW mumble server to spy on us because they can’t compete with us if they don’t, sitting in our camps on our server with their mules watching what we’re doing (Hello Lezbian Seagull guild), wasting all our supplies in keeps and towers while their server is attacking it, using invulnerability bugs to fight us (http://i.imgur.com/NKYhP.jpg), coming to our supply camps on their mules and randomly building trebs and flame rams and wasting all our supplies (https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/29230/poop.jpg), etc. And coming from a CD person? How about how you had tons of people from your server hiding under the map and destroying all our siege and attacking us? I can post SS’s of that if you like. You and EB are the worst cheaters I have ever seen in any game and you shouldn’t be surprised if people get tired of you and fight back using your methods against you.

EDIT:::
Here’s a picture of some of the trebs, there were 4 there and a build site when I saw them. Needless to say this is not my SS, nor are the others.
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/29421/gw192.jpg

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

(edited by wish.3102)

in WvW

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

A little OT but… here’s how you burn supply from what I know (not sure if changed). Let say you have 10 supply, and this place allows you to carry up to 15. You want 15 but you can’t pick more up while you have 10. So make a ram and build it using just 2 supply. Now you have 8 and you can pick up supply again. So you go pick up 7 more and get 15.

Edit: 2nd way is that you will lose this place. You don’t want them to get the free supply after the flip. So you just use it up with whatever cheap means available.

(edited by HenryAu.7523)

in WvW

Posted by: eCheese.8240

eCheese.8240

I am not going to explain supply burning to everyone here, but if someone drains or burns supply from a camp/tower/keep they know they wont be holding but currently do own, that is legit.

Transferring to drain supply via building useless siege, that is cheating crap.

Sur Phobos / Dr Quinn
Team X Gaming [TXG]
Maguuuuuma

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Every server has dealt with a spy or a griefer in some form of another. Laugh, report and then continue playing.

Holy kitten if this happened on my server I would be laughing my butt off so hard. I love the crying in chat to “get out of my golem”. Dude, take it back!.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Every server has dealt with a spy or a griefer in some form of another. Laugh, report and then continue playing.

Holy kitten if this happened on my server I would be laughing my butt off so hard. I love the crying in chat to “get out of my golem”. Dude, take it back!.

not sure what you mean by “take it back !” because you can’t simply take back the control of the siege golem like the other siege weapons….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I mean set it ablaze and crash it into the nearest lake. That way no one gets it. Didn’t you know that’s how you do it?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

Another tin foil hat conspiracy. Just because they have Yaks in their name doesn’t automatically mean they are from server.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Someone stealing our golem and trying to run it out and give away our attack. Spies get a life and stop trying to cheat

ugh we had the same problem with one guy but we managed to stop him after like 15 people reported him and we also had people sabotaging our siege so we couldnt build any by hiding useless siege in random places last week.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

Well no, golems are the only piece of siege that you can’t kick then out if you’re the owner

Yet another sad mess up from ANet..

in WvW

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

So why would they make it that the most expensive piece of siege can be “stolen”? You would think the devs would have thought “hey this thing is worth one gold we should make sure that the person this belongs to can actually use it”.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

ugh we had the same problem with one guy but we managed to stop him after like 15 people reported him and we also had people sabotaging our siege so we couldnt build any by hiding useless siege in random places last week.

And we saw it happen the week before that also. We haven’t seen it this week….

Sorta all points to YB.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

Sorta all points to YB.

I find it really humorous how almost anywhere you go on this forum, whenever YB is mentioned up pops a FA poster (often from GODS) to have a go. We must really have got under your skin, which makes me feel quite warm and fuzzy.

As for the conspiracies, because of the obvious dislike of YB by FA posters here, perhaps it was an FA player masquerading as a YB player in order to make us look bad. See how this goes?

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

Sorta all points to YB.

I find it really humorous how almost anywhere you go on this forum, whenever YB is mentioned up pops a FA poster (often from GODS) to have a go. We must really have got under your skin, which makes me feel quite warm and fuzzy.

As for the conspiracies, because of the obvious dislike of YB by FA posters here, perhaps it was an FA player masquerading as a YB player in order to make us look bad. See how this goes?

That is actually a highly plausible theory…never crossed my mind!

FA certainly has this love/hate relationship towards YB