You have totaly destroyed wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Tolira.3827

Tolira.3827

For smaller guilds like the ones that isn’t even mentioned on the maps you have totally destroyed wvw. We have no homeland we have nothing and if your goal was to get rid of us you have succeeded.
There is hardly none playing on our server any more we were in the middle of the rank before now we are at the bottom and that’s because your match-up is totally crap.
This has been me and my friends game since beta and we have enjoyed it but now its like a desert there non playing almost and you keep us in an match up that is so unfair we have no chance of winning.
So thank you for the disaster you made

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Hmm. And have you thought about what you want them to change to fix the issue you percieve? At all?

Im serious. If you have an idea SPEAK about it. If not then all you have done is arbitrarily blame others for “making” a “disaster” that you yourself can’t find the solution to.

In your post you give us no information. You just arbitrarily declare something and then add NOTHING to it.

You complain about the matchups but offer ZERO comments on what you would LIKE to see. You say its dead and completely ignore the existence of other people who might actually enjoy the game still.

You obviously came here to vent. And I sympathize with you. But ultimately your post comes off as originating from a largely selfish point of view. You don’t attempt to start a discussion. You simply make statements. There isn’t anything anyone can DO with this post except either blindly agree or doing what I am doing now.

This is a forum. If you have a problem you can post it here and we can DISCUSS it. And try to find solutions to eliviate the issues that harm your experience. Will arena net take those ideas? I have no idea. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t.

But your post isn’t going to help ANYTHING the way it is now. I emplore you to come to this forum with the intent on having a discussion with the other players and maybe even with the devs themselves. Not just throwing your dislike at a faceless entity and expecting them to somehow have even the slightest idea what you want.

Ghost Yak

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Shadelang – Please! This is clearly someone very upset with the matchup system and with good reason. People have voiced alternatives and complaints elsewhere on the forum many times and this is another to be filed under “dissatisfied”.

I’ve been in matchups where my server was at the bottom of one tier and couldn’t drop. It’s not an enjoyable experience and eventually the server’s population withered away so that we had to drop a tier – but we then lacked commanders and manpower to compete in the new tier.

I want to express my empathy with the OP – you are not alone, Tolira. We all hope the system is improved sooner rather than later. Hopefully the upcoming scoring changes go some way towards providing more appropriate matchups.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I want to express my empathy with the OP – you are not alone, Tolira. We all hope the system is improved sooner rather than later. Hopefully the upcoming scoring changes go some way towards providing more appropriate matchups.

I believe you will be sorely disappointed if you are hoping that scoring will fix the primary issues with WvW. Scoring cannot fix population imbalances or coverage issues.

Changing scoring is the proverbial lipstick on a pig.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Araphelbliss.4016

Araphelbliss.4016

My fear is that at some point Anet will move to a three sided system or redo the servers. Understand, I think that is the most reasonable action at this point. But kitten , if you don’t like zerging, how on Earth will that help?

And I still go back to being frustrated that WvW is our version of World PVP. Trying to cram a ton of different playstyles in the same format is infinitely frustrating for everyone.

Zero server affiliation. Seriously.
Those people are crazy and smell like cheese. Absolutely no relation to Father Bliss.
http://goatsofthunder.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

lipstick on a pig.

That would be a cute bacon strip.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Server relinking occurs on friday … hopefully it helps a few of the ‘very’ uneven matchups/servers

in WvW

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Server relinking occurs on friday … hopefully it helps a few of the ‘very’ uneven matchups/servers

I’m hoping as well. I’m relatively new to WvW, but I’ve enjoyed it a lot despite being on the shorter end of a mis-match. Gates of Madness is currently linked with Sorrow’s Furnace, but I see in the beta list of the new linkings we’ll now be linked with Sea of Sorrows. I hoping it’s a good match up and that we’re put against a fair mixture.

http://dulfy.net/2016/04/22/gw2-wvw-world-linking-beta/

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I believe you will be sorely disappointed if you are hoping that scoring will fix the primary issues with WvW. Scoring cannot fix population imbalances or coverage issues.

Scoring changes won’t solve population imbalance or coverage, true. But what it will do is to provide a goal and some incentive to get out there and fight. It will also give a sense of accomplishment.

One of the issues with WvW is that there isn’t really a point to it all. Everyone knows who’s going to win the match practically when it starts. So the only thing left is to play for fights and play for fun. But you can only do that for so long.

Humans need purpose. And if there’s no purpose then no matter how fun the fights are, people will get bored.

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

I’m hoping as well. I’m relatively new to WvW, but I’ve enjoyed it a lot despite being on the shorter end of a mis-match. Gates of Madness is currently linked with Sorrow’s Furnace, but I see in the beta list of the new linkings we’ll now be linked with Sea of Sorrows. I hoping it’s a good match up and that we’re put against a fair mixture.

That list was from the first links, 4 months ago. There is no list for the next links and we’ll only know when the matchup start.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

(edited by Rotteny.8743)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

That’s the list from 4 months ago. They don’t officially announce the new links beforehand.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

Come on guys and gals, can’t we all just be happy that it’s 2013 and wvw population is healthy enough to necessitate 6 commander tag colors?

in WvW

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

That list was from the first links, 4 months ago. There is no list for the next links and we’ll only know when the matchup start.

Hmmm, I guess we’ll see this Friday then

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Link system is not ment to work well… it is ment to create farming trains while smaller adersary groups capture back, setting up big server or large stack vs 2 smaller servers, this creates the tower/keep flipping while the others need only to cap back and creates a visual activity that everything is working fine, cap and cap back, wich is all that WvW has to offer.

WVW is by far away what players expecting for a RvR system, its just the old AB with walls and more stacked players aoeing everything with numbers.

Game didnt evolve much for the player… not in a clever way.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Blade.9206

Rising Blade.9206

the link system is meant to complement the small population of players in servers, not something to look forward to fixing the problems of the desert borderlands.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

the link system is meant to complement the small population of players in servers, not something to look forward to fixing the problems of the desert borderlands.

The issue with desert BL is the lack of player but if Anet had more players (map player limit increased) game will lag alot, the skills being spammed with just a blob aoeing walls and gates, we already have lag, if we had the right number of players fighthing in the dbl…. would be unplayable…

I would say also the issue that Anet has on WvW is the lack of depth and vision for the gamemode.
They cant even fix pvp and the removed stats….

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

My fear is that at some point Anet will move to a three sided system or redo the servers. Understand, I think that is the most reasonable action at this point. But kitten , if you don’t like zerging, how on Earth will that help?

And I still go back to being frustrated that WvW is our version of World PVP. Trying to cram a ton of different playstyles in the same format is infinitely frustrating for everyone.

Far as the Zerging being to only playstyle problem can be fixed. You can actually start to punish players for zerging in omni-blobing like on other game I plays does. After 4 players get a hit on the same object or player/s everything regarding rewards start to split till, players will have to choose between omni-blobing because that’s the only way they can play or to break up into smaller groups and take other objectives to get better rewards.

Also if ANet don’t want to remove the AOE cap. ANet can instead increase the AOE cap by double maybe even triple only in WvW mode and the cap would remain the same in PvE land and sPvP game mode.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Reaper Alim.4176, removeing aoe cap would kill the game, 2 eles would lag the server while aoeing a blob….

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Far as the Zerging being to only playstyle problem can be fixed. You can actually start to punish players for zerging in omni-blobing like on other game I plays does. After 4 players get a hit on the same object or player/s everything regarding rewards start to split till, players will have to choose between omni-blobing because that’s the only way they can play or to break up into smaller groups and take other objectives to get better rewards.

Also if ANet don’t want to remove the AOE cap. ANet can instead increase the AOE cap by double maybe even triple only in WvW mode and the cap would remain the same in PvE land and sPvP game mode.

If you care about PPT scores it already punishes omni blobbing.

Quick scenario. TeamA is omniblobbing, Team B has 2 large groups and a havoc squad roaming the map. TeamB’s Havoc is keeping teamA’s supply from ever building up so they run with limited siege. TeamB can also go on the offensive attacking TeamA’s towers, which acts as offense and defense because whatever TeamA was doing they now have to either sacrifice their tower or pull off to defend. And, TeamB still has one more squad which is able to either defend or attack teamC, or help their other squad and put up a decent fight (and potentially win) against TeamA (pincer moves work).

Omniblobbing wins you fights against smaller squads, but having multiple squads will win the match as the omniblobs can’t multitask.

This is a big reason I’d like to see scoring change, because I feel like omniblobbing wouldn’t be a problem at all, if scoring actually mattered, but it doesn’t right now and I think most (or at least a substantial number of people) just want to win fights and farm bags.

in WvW

Posted by: gwgamer.7142

gwgamer.7142

Since my thoughts are 800 posts down. I’ll just say it here I agree.
How on earth is CD and YAK’s large numbers being justified against SE and DH? It’s like 3 and 4 to 1 odds most of the time…it’s ridiculous, I love WvW but it’s been downgraded to pure frustration. I’m about done tagging and about to say later to it all.

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

The colours do not equate to enough commanders to warrant more colours. They just mean there are more options to select from. i think many people are not tagging up and this week especially because (the match was effectively split into two matches this week) with the implemntation of the DBL … people are going to get more accustomed and may be checking out the DBL updates, and frustrations for those in heavily unbalanced matchups has past the boiling point, so resting up until the new pairings.

I believe next week will be slightly better post relinks. We will see if anything is actually done to help the t4 situations alongside any other heavily lopsided matchup pairings.

It’s not like Anet is not seeing this, they have, they know … they will try something else. Will it work better or worse, time will tell, but I hope the outcome is at least ‘slightly’ better then the previous linkings.

in WvW

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Schools are also restarting all over the US right now. Less people playing in the US during the week as more people are going to bed a little earlier. (Not sure when schools start again for the rest of the world)

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

Come on guys and gals, can’t we all just be happy that it’s 2013 and wvw population is healthy enough to necessitate 6 commander tag colors?

it’s 2013?! we have quaggan lake back? \o/

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

Schools are also restarting all over the US right now. Less people playing in the US during the week as more people are going to bed a little earlier. (Not sure when schools start again for the rest of the world)

summer time = everyones out doing summer things and traveling
school time = everyones starting school again

so which is it?

in WvW

Hexinx.1872

Rest of the world planned better … school starts post PAX West.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We’ll see who is right and who is dead.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Another hook line and sinker tactic of minor importance to keep people playing wvw lol

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Blade.9206

Rising Blade.9206

The issue with desert BL is the lack of player but if Anet had more players (map player limit increased) game will lag alot, the skills being spammed with just a blob aoeing walls and gates, we already have lag, if we had the right number of players fighthing in the dbl…. would be unplayable…

I would say also the issue that Anet has on WvW is the lack of depth and vision for the gamemode.

what do you think is the cause of the lack of players at DBL aside from a low population server? ever tried borderlands yourself? face it, no one likes DBL even after the changes they made. the difference between DBL and alpines are a huge gap when it comes to gameplay. replacing a good functional toy and replacing it with a bandaged broken toy thinking people will like because “it’s different” is just plain daft, if you think just replacing and increasing the number of children playing the broken toy is going to help, well have i got news for you.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Another hook line and sinker tactic of minor importance to keep people playing wvw lol

Another year gone by.
Remember when WvW was going to be top priority after HoT?

in WvW

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

so which is it?

Most of CA has started schools back already, VA has started some counties back, others start Sept 6th (granddaughter starts back then, right now she is in Space Camp), AL has started most back, TN has also started most back. FL has started most back also. Different states start the schools back at different times but most go back between the last 2 weeks of Aug and the 1st week of Sept. They offset them for various reasons. I know in the northern parts of the country they leave a few days to at least a week extra in their planning (maybe more) because of snow days that the schools shut down. Then all that goes out the window when the kids are in year round schools.
Summer time is pretty much over in the US with the schools starting back.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

what do you think is the cause of the lack of players at DBL aside from a low population server? ever tried borderlands yourself? face it, no one likes DBL even after the changes they made. the difference between DBL and alpines are a huge gap when it comes to gameplay. replacing a good functional toy and replacing it with a bandaged broken toy thinking people will like because “it’s different” is just plain daft, if you think just replacing and increasing the number of children playing the broken toy is going to help, well have i got news for you.

Well, i think it is a bit of both, players and Anet.

Players want easy reach and low effort maps(EB and Alpine) , i think all maps should be the size of DBL, Anet kinda brainwashed players to deppend to much on dumb gameplay, that player will cry hard if effort is needed.
But still, Anet incist/forces bad(awfull) and very very gimmick design, all the gimmicks effects went wrong.

Now many thing went wrong in DBL design, keeps design are a joke, they require alot of players to defend while game does not support that m,any players, if resulted in every one aoeing… expect the lag, good think the laser beam is out…
It also lacks real good feactures, instead Anet added few weird stuff, like walk in lava, jump from cliffes and all those strange shrines.
The game lacks lacks alot overhall…

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Another year gone by.

Remember that click bait video from the devs? They really learned a lot from this experience. I like that they had no clue who the guilds were that adopted them, though us players are very familiar with them even today lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bd0UWUr6l0

in WvW

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

so which is it?

Most of CA has started schools back already, VA has started some counties back, others start Sept 6th (granddaughter starts back then, right now she is in Space Camp), AL has started most back, TN has also started most back. FL has started most back also. Different states start the schools back at different times but most go back between the last 2 weeks of Aug and the 1st week of Sept. They offset them for various reasons. I know in the northern parts of the country they leave a few days to at least a week extra in their planning (maybe more) because of snow days that the schools shut down. Then all that goes out the window when the kids are in year round schools.
Summer time is pretty much over in the US with the schools starting back.

i don’t know about everyone else but my friends and I played the most games when I was in school, didn’t matter whether it was summer time or during college or high school. If anyone went on vacation its usually for 2 weeks max in the US since most people in the US can’t get away from work for that long and/or can’t afford it. Only thing that changed me and my social circles gaming habits is that once we started working we are playing less.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Anybody in guilds and have friends ingame already know summer’s got little to do with people’s loss of interest in WvW. Yes people take more vacations, yes raid attendance usually falls a bit during the summer even for core members. But the general mood from guildies & friends I have ingame tells me people are just bored, burned out, and waiting for more from Anet.

When Alpine made its comeback, WvW saw a resurgence. But since then, WvW haven’t changed much. The same issues we had before such as server/class balance, population, and lack of long term goals/rewards are still there. WvW players are still dirt poor unless you also do PvE, heck I make more gold playing PvP because you don’t need to burn gold on gear/food in sPvP.

Guild are still struggling to recruit decent WvW players. Many of the new recruits show up for a few weeks and disappear completely. Guilds that roll healthy numbers are only doing so because they’ve absorbed 2-3 dead guilds within the past year. Anet does not seem to realize guilds are the backbones of this particular game-mode. Without healthy guilds, people simply don’t play as much nor are as interested. I bet some people within Anet are regretting their decision to not support GvG back when there was a healthy, vibrant GvG scene.

Too many things wrong with the game-mode, hard to say if Anet can recover from this. People won’t all of a sudden flood back into the game with small changes & tweaks like they’ve been doing. I’m rooting for them because there aren’t many good alternative choices out there for RvR/WvW enthusiasts. There also isn’t another game with smooth, fluid, action combat gameplay that GW2 offers. GW2’s combat & game’s engine is carrying the game right now, but that won’t last forever.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

They also won’t fix the absolutely trash-tier job the balance devs are doing which is causing the people who want to fight to no longer bother or care to log in.

Pretty much everything about WvW is no longer enjoyable to those who want good fights and fun matchups.

I really can’t wait for a real RvR game to come out.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Hmm. And have you thought about what you want them to change to fix the issue you percieve? At all?

Im serious. If you have an idea SPEAK about it.

We already spoke to Anet about it 3 years ago!

We gave them threads full of ideas on how to improve WvW

Anet refused to listen!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Snip 8<
Im serious. If you have an idea SPEAK about it. If not then all you have done is arbitrarily blame others for “making” a “disaster” that you yourself can’t find the solution to.
Snip 8<

Many here have spoken about it in great length & proposed detailed solutions.

For a Better Long Term Solution to WvW – Google Search – wvg world vs globes

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Another year gone by.

Yeah if this is top priority idk man. Must be something mythical stuff like that so called overhaul they been working on for 1.5 years with hot release.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

They also won’t fix the absolutely trash-tier job the balance devs are doing which is causing the people who want to fight to no longer bother or care to log in.

Pretty much everything about WvW is no longer enjoyable to those who want good fights and fun matchups.

I really can’t wait for a real RvR game to come out.

That’ll be a train coming from way way down the tracks. Good luck waiting on that train, lol.

Also on a side note if you want fights and don’t want to quit GW2, I heard those god-forbidden Fractals and Raids give some really decent fights that most WvWers refuse to give fight guilds these days. Just saying is all.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

Fractals are easy and raids are boring and don’t appeal to me (and PvE in this game as a whole doesn’t, either). Learn the monster mechanics and it’s all just repetition.

Quality of fight is only similar if you run a faceroll FoTM build.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Fractals are easy and raids are boring and don’t appeal to me (and PvE in this game as a whole doesn’t, either). Learn the monster mechanics and it’s all just repetition.

Isn’t that how PvE work in ANY game?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

Isn’t that how PvE work in ANY game?

Which is why I don’t play PvE games, and why I don’t PvE in GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: MarkBecks.6453

MarkBecks.6453

My server was dying a death with half the guilds moving to other servers. Then Anet linked us with Vabbi, and after that RoS. Now FSP has 2 servers linked, and we back to empty server on our own again. I am sure youre devs working on WvW are trying their best to rectify imbalances, but when this happens, the fun factor goes out the door, and then its one server just blobbing another, no fun in that, surely!! Good Luck with the development, you have to link servers due to low populations and people leaving for other games, please get serious, give it you’re attention before its to late. I remember you stating this would get youre full attention after HoT.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We’re going to go ahead and close this thread, as match-up threads are not permitted on the forums.