You know the mode is dying when..

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

1pm on a Saturday and no queue for any map- not even EB. less than 40 active in entire map and less than 20 on tag.

Only tag to be seen is a closed guild raid on EB.

That’s on the supposedly number 1 EU server.

Second server checked: no queue on any server on deso either, although they at least have a couple comms and running 30+ on tag.

FSP have as usual the most on their tag.

in WvW

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

Maps have queues?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Come EotM. Our all good players play only EotM. That is reason why FSP and deso WvW guilds wipe in EotM.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Since Anet broke the game yesterday, I am guessing WvW activity is low across the board.

I just tried to log on my guard in malchor, after waiting 60 seconds on a map that normally load in less than 10 seconds, I gave up. Logged in to my necro, that worked… joining FSP EB (no queues on any border btw) and loading the map hangs as well, so kitten that kitten. Yesterdays reset was unplayable for many people due to dc.

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

All MMOs I’ve played saw cries of “the game is dead” during the summer. Strange, must be the heat that causes our games to die.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I find it funny when people try to get attention by using the chicken little system, but I would personally not pass any judgements of this nature before an expansions release. There will likely be a huge influx of players. Though at the time of day the OP is declaring represents doom and gloom, I would have been in the back yard watching my grandchild play with her new puppy. I hardly believe that folks having lives and doing real world things in the middle of the day suggest the game mode is dead.

I also notice when looking through the OPS post history that started in march, that there is literally a negative tone or comment in each and every post made. They are certainly entitled to their opinion, but a distinct history of a negative opinion does kind of represent the idea that this comes from a bias and jaded perspective.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Notsoperky.4291

Yep, must admit to being pretty jaded after playing the same maps for 3+ years, same lag problems, same match up system and same broken mechanics, hacks, cheats, lack of balance for wvw, etc.

I wish I could be an eternal optimist that comes on and defends everything or continues to make excuses, but I run a business for a living and that sort of attitude would make my company fold pretty fast.

I note looking through coglin’s post history that there is literally a positive tone or comment in almost every single post made, defending everything and stating that everything will be great, so any response should be taken with the same pinch of salt and viewed from the same upbeat and biased perspective.

Sure there will be an influx of players when the expansion hits- but how long will that upsurge last? I’ll go for 3-6 months before wvw is in the same pit it is now.

I’m comparing to this time last year, where 1pm on a Saturday afternoon had queues on every map on both those servers.

I just wish they had spent more time and money developing what could have been an excellent game mode- but as they can’t even be bothered to fix the achievements (1million yaks anyone?) my old, jaded self tells me from a realistic point of view things just aren’t going to happen.

Kind of reminds me of the old saying ‘if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. then give up, no point in being a kitten fool about it’. Some of us follow that, others are still on the ‘try’ phase…

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Coming from Miller, one of the silver servers that should be bronze server in all regards, I can at least confirm that we are fighting an asymatric battle for months now, with our last remnants clinging grimly to the shred of fights that is left in us. We qued once every two weeks maximum when a certain commander entered the field, but I guess this is over now too. As a proof, just look at the results from the last month.

T6 is the point of rest for a server like Drakkar, Aurora or Gunnar that should by all means not have to battle against Miller, Dzago, Vaabi, Ring of Fire or Aborstone right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Since Anet broke the game yesterday, I am guessing WvW activity is low across the board.

What’s the bug this time? (I haven’t been on).

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Could also be that people left sfr by the boatloads perhaps?

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Could also be that people left sfr by the boatloads perhaps?

Well that would be awesome. We actually need to get some of our guildmates in server.

in WvW

coglin.1867

Yep, must admit to being pretty jaded after playing the same maps for 3+ years, same lag problems, same match up system and same broken mechanics, hacks, cheats, lack of balance for wvw, etc.

I wish I could be an eternal optimist that comes on and defends everything or continues to make excuses, but I run a business for a living and that sort of attitude would make my company fold pretty fast.

I note looking through coglin’s post history that there is literally a positive tone or comment in almost every single post made, defending everything and stating that everything will be great, so any response should be taken with the same pinch of salt and viewed from the same upbeat and biased perspective.

Sure there will be an influx of players when the expansion hits- but how long will that upsurge last? I’ll go for 3-6 months before wvw is in the same pit it is now.

I’m comparing to this time last year, where 1pm on a Saturday afternoon had queues on every map on both those servers.

I just wish they had spent more time and money developing what could have been an excellent game mode- but as they can’t even be bothered to fix the achievements (1million yaks anyone?) my old, jaded self tells me from a realistic point of view things just aren’t going to happen.

Kind of reminds me of the old saying ‘if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. then give up, no point in being a kitten fool about it’. Some of us follow that, others are still on the ‘try’ phase…

I dunno. I don’t think I am particularly posotive. I just tend to speak against those confusing their subjective opinion, with that of objective facts. For example, someone who is the 5,286th person to make a thread stating that the game is dying. Had you shared your opinion, rather then making a declarative statement and wording it as if there was some actual facts to support it. I have an active guild, that is full, on an active server. So in my opinion, the game is fine.

Now should I be impressed thay you read all 62 pages of my post history in 7 minutes, or should it stand as evidence against your claims as evidence that you makes speculation and state it as fact based on very limited effort and evidence?

How regularly do you play by the way?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well, try to log on then. See if you can. Many people cant even log into the kitten game right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Good luck getting in! If you do get in.
But sure, doom threads before facts are better, i guess.

Btw, what happened? Why is it impossible to get in to WvW??

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

less than 40 people in map? not dead

30+ on a tag? not dead

You guys should check out lower tiers if you think numbers like that is considered dead

I’ll give you an example of last week on my server

less than 10 people on the map. outnumbered buff at prime time. 5 people on tag

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Well, try to log on then. See if you can. Many people cant even log into the kitten game right now.

Hrm, wonder if it’s a localized ISP issue. I could log in and jump around map to map no issue. Seemed normal to me. Then again, I live NA (play in EU) — which made me wonder.

in WvW

Notsoperky.4291

30+ on a tag? not dead

You guys should check out lower tiers if you think numbers like that is considered dead

Don’t worry, that’s fine. Cog’s guild is full of actives and his server is always full, so what happens in the other 23 or so servers is irrelevant…like entire guilds dying off or being full of inactives, etc.

This is not my main account, it’s the account I use to post here- I’ve read a lot of your posts over the years Cog, and the main theme is ’i’m alright jack so everything must be fine everywhere, and anyone who disagrees is a doomsayer/doesn’t know their facts/insert meaningless platitude here’.

Fact is, from my viewpoint (and that of others), wvw has a lot less players in it than a year ago, and a lot of guilds that still play within the mode either gvg or just look for fights rather than take part in the whole wvw mode. That’s what it looks like from the EU side.

No amount of gloss is going to cover those cracks..

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Fact is, from my viewpoint (and that of others), wvw has a lot less players in it than a year ago, and a lot of guilds that still play within the mode either gvg or just look for fights rather than take part in the whole wvw mode. That’s what it looks like from the EU side.

No amount of gloss is going to cover those cracks..

What?!!

lol, what server are you on that things are so bleak? Not my experience EU at all.

Oh wait, are you SFR? Oh darling, you have one bad week because Deso and FSP are ganging up on (which is the way it should be, you’re at the #1 spot) …. out of years and years at the top and it’s not the end of the world. Being #1 server doesn’t matter to many anymore — it’s more about playing the actual game. Hang in there, I’m sure you guys will charge forward and get your score to win.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

30+ on a tag? not dead

if there arent queues on all 4 maps during primetime it is dead in my book

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

If it was dead, how come i see people in WvW when i finally got in?
I still see blobs everywhere…

I would appreciate if it was a little dead, less blobs = more fun =)

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Doesn’t seems to be dead. I killed lot’s of upscaled in EotM today.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Junkpile, you better bail ship, SFR is dying! QUICK!

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Junkpile, you better bail ship, SFR is dying! QUICK!

Nah our EotM zerg is still most superior force in WvW scene. We could do 20 vs 20 against top GvG guilds and win. Anyways only trash players have changed server more than 0 times.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

30+ on a tag? not dead

sounds like an average weekday on SoS BL, a tier 2 server …….. that is exactly and precisely what we have been doing quite a lot, 10-15 on map, 5 on tag. sometimes less, 3-4 on tag.

i’m sure WvW is not dying, these are stellar NA prime time numbers for a tier 2 server that is shown as “very high” in the server selection window.

LOL

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

On mac there is a 50% performance hit since the graphical update (occlusion patch) so WvW is barely playable unless all settings are on minimum.

in WvW

Posted by: Mantulis.4153

Mantulis.4153

I couldn’t get into game since today’s early morning, it would get stuck on loading screen all the time. Did a lot of things, such as trying to repair adapter, resetting modem and such. Figured it could be some sort of corrupted data in User>AppData>Roaming>Guild Wars2 folder and eventually tried deleting it couple times with no result. Eventually lead me to completely deleting game and re-downloading it, just to find out it was some kind of anet’s end issue… wtg.

As now I see, sfr is at 20k points, while deso 35k and fsp over 40k… makes me wonder what really happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well it is summer time it is a low time for mmorpgs.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Jayne.9251

As now I see, sfr is at 20k points, while deso 35k and fsp over 40k… makes me wonder what really happened.

Oh hahahaha, this made me spit out my soda

in WvW

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

When… Anet itself tries to kill it.

Gandara

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

People quitting/taking breaks left and right because nothing interesting is going on in WvW. Some people transfer away because of the usual reasons. People cannot replace them because server is marked as full. People who were on “vacatation” to other servers are unable to return. Being marked as full for the time being is basically a death sentence for a WvW server.
In the old system at least people could replace people who transfered away if it was marked as full, because the server went from “Full” to “Very High”.
If even a dead server like Riverside is marked as full, I have little hope that SFR turns “Very High” before leaving the top 10.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in WvW

Posted by: Mantulis.4153

Mantulis.4153

I mean just yesterday wvw match ended with sfr being with over 50k points ahead away from deso, and today their performance is miserable. Whole sfr border taken by both deso/fsp. FSP has wp in garri/bay, whilst deso in hills… and all this during prime time. So what the hell happened in a single day?

(edited by Mantulis.4153)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I suspect people are trying to game the full status. Like T1 servers have done in the past, by mass logging off. They are hoping the system evaluating “active” players will open up the server for more.

Gonna be bittersweet when they discover it’s more complex than that. And likewise a pain in the you know what if they have to “lose” a match to get more, as an ongoing plan.

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

It will definitely take more than a week of loosing to get SFR away from full if servers like Riverside are marked as full. I wouldnt be suprised if all people who join WvW just to do their daily or visit a badge merchant for the skins or gift of battle get counted towards being active WvW playerbase.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

It will definitely take more than a week of loosing to get SFR away from full if servers

Well exactly. Which is why it’s a bit of a silly plan. And likely to divide the existing WvW population.

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Not the first time ideas from Anet kill whole server communities

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Naw it was needed. 23 other servers in NA were suffering … although EU was doing ok in self-regulating. I think mostly because ppl don’t care about being #1 there, lol.

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

Easy fix if some servers are too empty. Merge them.
Better solution than punishing the top servers for better community management.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Naw this move is lauded by the majority of players. Only ones complaining are in T1. Think it’s fair that 3 servers decide the fate of 23 others?

Everyone seems pretty happy by this change actually.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

‘Game Continue To Remain in Beta Phase’.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in WvW

coglin.1867

Not yet. It is completely illogical to merge servers this close to an expansion in which we know we will likely have a massive influx of new or returning players.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

1 PM on a summer weekend? What makes you think people are playing games to begin with at that time?

I dunno, I’m sure I have better stuff to do than gaming usually.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Not yet. It is completely illogical to merge servers this close to an expansion in which we know we will likely have a massive influx of new or returning players.

Not to mention that no matter how many merges, it won’t solve the Coverage problem, it will just oversaturate NA Prime on all servers instead.

Well, unless you made all servers EotM style megaservers in the off hours (only). Oh boy that would get people trousers tied up in some crazy knots.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Jayne.9251

. Oh boy that would get people trousers tied up in some crazy knots.

Mine would be the knottiest. :P

in WvW

Malediktus.9250

1 PM on a summer weekend? What makes you think people are playing games to begin with at that time?

Is this question for real? There is more than ’merica.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Poster said 1 eu time which I think was taken as 1 pm there not here…….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Of course, it’s real and the fact that you can’t give a straight answer and decided to attack me personally just proves the point that said question is worth asking. Never mind that comment about ‘merica. It’s precisely because from my locale that I don’t understand why 1 PM on a summer afternoon equals the expectations that lots of people are playing video games, so forgive me for being a skeptic.

Please, elaborate on how it goes, because the assumption is being passed off as a truth; what basis does that have to do in reality? Because all I see is an anecdote.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

1pm on a Saturday and no queue for any map- not even EB. less than 40 active in entire map and less than 20 on tag.

Only tag to be seen is a closed guild raid on EB.

That’s on the supposedly number 1 EU server.

Second server checked: no queue on any server on deso either, although they at least have a couple comms and running 30+ on tag.

FSP have as usual the most on their tag.

Well, it is getting close to new school year and GW1 and 2 both had lulls in the population around this time. I think ’it’s dying’ whine is a bit premature.

in WvW

Posted by: Zavael.3986

Zavael.3986

So it took you over a year to notice that SFR is kitten in WvW and they win every matchup only with nightshift and early morning when normal people are at work… gg.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Prime time start at 3 Am on SFR
And even if SFR die cause of transfer lock … they don’t represent the entire gold league

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I was a super diehard WvW player. I came in new to game and was hooked on it before I hit level 80 with my first toon, but golem rush broke me.

It showed me that in spite of the promises being made from development, there really is little no respect or concern for the majority of the community.

I’ve only been back in wvw a few times since, and only because my guild leader sent me a whisper asking me to.

(edited by Kamara.4187)