You think ghost thief is bad?

in WvW

Posted by: Dovkan.3519

Dovkan.3519

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Meh, still prefer this over GT tbh. This I can kill quick with at least 2 of my current wvw builds I run.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

This build looks like a great keep tapper… but you hit with pillows compared to ghost thief. You really aren’t killing anyone with this build save for the pugs that run glass and don’t know how to play. Playing against a WvW zerg Guard or Rev build would be boring as hell.

in WvW

Posted by: Dovkan.3519

Dovkan.3519

Meh, still prefer this over GT tbh. This I can kill quick with at least 2 of my current wvw builds I run.

There’s no way you’d be able to kill this lol

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Daredevil in general is broken in WvW.

3 dodges, a heal that restores those dodges on a low cd and heals the thief pretty much to full and unlike ether renewal from ele channel vigor has a short cast time.

Added to those dodges you have built in evades into several weaponskills, otherwise it’s blinds anyways, and all thief weapons were buffed to have autoattacks with the DPS being greater than a Gravedigger spamming reaper or a 100b Warrior.

Pair that with essentially 3 teleports and on demand kiting/disengage from shortbow, shadow step (which is also a double stun break and a condi clear in a single skill that can reset with improvisation trait steal).

Since they buffed auto thief don’t even rely on landing backstab/vault for damage pressure anymore anyways, so they can use that initiative on PI headshot spam.

Highest damage class with highest damage avoidance with highest mobility in game. At least a warrior has a 1 minute cd on his 2 mongoloid defenses, as similarly broken as warriors are.

And on top of that this broken game allows a thief to shadowstep stomp so he can teleport 1200 feet away for a guaranteed stomp when he teleports back.

A tunbreak that also blocks attacks AND knocks down, on a hilarious 15 sec cd. How in hell can you give someone a stunbreak+block+CC on a 15 sec cd is beyond me.

There’s a reason WvW is swarmed by packs of thieves.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

There’s no way you’d be able to kill this lol

Fight/spar enough perma evade thieves/DD’s and you learn how important timing and positioning is in fighting and beating builds like these

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

I have one of my thieves with a similar build like this but trickery is 3 2 1 and daredevil is 3 1 2, running staff/staff with energy sigil, not using nomads though. Great for tapping, can survive most things (my build I mean, also using -40% stun duration food or -20% condi duration depending on enemies, have to make one change in acro for condi enemies). You will end up annoying the hell out of people, can use soldier armor with zerk runes is fine and rune of your choice. Enough to deal dmg to some but the more tanky/bunkers will probably spam /sleep but at the same time they can’t kill you. Can usually take on outnumbered, they usually send zerg or groups after me. Other thieves will get mad at you and probably cry or just give up.

Of course it isn’t invincible, it just ends up annoying people but they will eventually learn how to beat you. This was one of the only builds I had that I did not need a use for shadow step which surprised me as all my other builds are so reliant on it.

(edited by DemonSeed.3528)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Never ran into one of these nomad’s thieves before; I had a guildy roll one once, said it was a ball having people try to catch you and can’t do anything but I beg the question – why? Is it really that enthralling hitting like a wet noodle.. I doubt you could even get kill credit with a full AA chain using nomad’s…

Well, I’d rather THIS than ghost thief. So sad to see such a build being promoted on build sites like metabattle, ghost thief, that is.

The meta atm is absolute garbage – No longer can you run around on fun things like P/S engi, traditional longbow ranger, power mesmer, hammer warri etc without being run over and consumed by the ever present power-creep infested abominations of condi mesmers, ghost thieves, tanky yet damage dealing druids – not to mention in gangs… “roaming”.

Had the pleasure of obliterating a ghost thief recently and their little thief buddy, whom I’ll reasonably commend for playing S/P(?) instead of cliche D/P stealth camping troll mode. Unfortunately to fight such cancer I had to bring my own – condi DD evade thief (which in it’s own right is up there with condi mesmer impo) and a few stealth traps. Evades over those traps for days all the while harassing the target. Dude didn’t even have SB equipped so he couldn’t run.

I wish I could rewind wayyyy pre HoT when things weren’t so jacked up awful as they are now. Sigh.

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Nomads is a weak choice, go sentinel. 3k armor, 20k health, 2.2k power and 200%+ crit damage with guaranteed crits. My glass thief does around 50% more damage on crits compared to the sentinel thief, but I can still hit 5-7k against most things so it’s very funny 1v1 and for plain trolling.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

It susceptible to Condi burts IF facing disciplined opponents. What happens too often with groups is someone can load a nice whack of conditions on this and stop attacking as he should even as others continue to attack and clean the conditions.

If you want to go this route you better off going condition and using shamans apotecray mix. Just as much vitality and healing, a bit less toughness but able to at least do damage , that build being the DB spam .

Trait up SOM and DB over top and you can get heals of 2k on each DB. You will get lots of qq.