Your hopes for WvW Update

in WvW

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

WvW Update will be the 1st part of the June 2017 Competitive Feature Pack and it’s coming on June 6.

I am looking forward to this update, because I like WvW, but the rewards suck, really suck. You need to devote plenty of time to get rewards, you can drop ascended really rarely and when we compare this with PvP or Fractals, WvW rewards can’t satisfy me and I think they can’t satisfy no one who even once played on WvW. 5 mins waiting for next reward is really bad, but a bit understandable, because getting PvP reward take the same time.

Anyway my hope (omitting the rewards) is Legendary Backpack for WvW and bringing back the necessity to do 100%WvW maps to get Gift of Exploration- it’s more challenging and interesting.

But personally I am looking forward to the Legendary Backpack.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

in WvW

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

My hope? That the Gift of Battle track is abolished in favor of a method that doesn’t require me to go into WvW. Won’t happen, so I guess ANet wants me to pollute WvW some more with my noobness.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in WvW

Posted by: trucker.5386

trucker.5386

I usually will not post, but here are my 2 cents worth. The Gift of Battle is very easy to get. I am a WvW newb running a sub par build. All I did to get the Gift of Battle was do the dailies. 80 vials will unlock that track. Easy peasy quick and easy. I spent the rest of my time capping back camps or running with a small havoc group. As to the op I don’t think that Anet will bring back the 100% map explore.

What I would like to see is something that is a little more balanced and enjoyable for all. The way the rewards are given out now seems goofy to me and rather slow. So in that aspect you are correct and it needs to be improved upon.

Skirmishes when much higher ranked servers are set upon lower ranked servers is not fun at all. As is the case for me in this week match up. The rewards should reflect that ( not as good for the higher ranked servers ). Especially if the higher ranked servers gang up and demolish the lower ranked one. I understand that that is what WvW is for but still not fun. A good match up where all teams are more or less closely matched is enjoyable. That is something that Anet should pay more attention to.

As to adding LFG in WvW it’s not required at all since I do not believe that anyone would ever use it. I myself have never needed such a function. I somehow always managed to find a group or another individual to go and enjoy the game with.

So all and all considered, I would like to see some changes. Improvement in the game can only help.

I would say to everyone give it a shot, you might enjoy it. No one is pollution. I tried it and find it a nice change of pace from Pve.

in WvW

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

There is no PTR
There wasn’t any developer inquirer
There polls have set choices and no room to add in addition or even fill in an other

So obviously my concern is they don’t mess WvW up even further than they did with the introduction with DBL. Anet is a restaurant without a menu that brings out whatever they want for the player to have to deal with.

So there is a concern they could make things worse

Edit: They made a blog post after I made my initial statement and while it seems good I wonder if they’ll give out retroactive rewards. It starts at rank 50 but will the people in the hundreds of thousands get anything retroactively? Also we can’t use gliders in WvW

(edited by Doam.8305)

in WvW

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

My hopes for the upcoming competitive updates relate more to balancing for 2 vs 2. WvW, PvP, raids, and now 2v2 will all be considered? Hmm.

in WvW

Arden.7480

Oh Thank You aNet!!! Leg backpack confirmed! Wohooo

in WvW

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

And Legendary Glider too! uhhhh… wait… can we glide in WvW?!?!

in WvW

Arden.7480

I think not. At least they didn’t write anything ‘bout it on the announcement page, so I don’t know. Maybe we will find out tomorrow or on Monday.

in WvW

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I can’t see how they could add gliding since not everyone has gliding unlocked. Unless you get “freebie” gliding in WvW as some sort of incentive to buy an expansion?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

And Legendary Glider too! uhhhh… wait… can we glide in WvW?!?!

WvW backpack glider visuals is for pve gliding.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Guess I will have to wait for implementation of the wvw changes to see what really happens……but overall, I am left scratching my head at a lot of the proposed changes.

But I did get a huge laugh when they mentioned that the wvw backpack would have an awesome looking glider……when you can’t glide in wvw. Priceless!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

dont forget that WvW are pve players Teon

in WvW

Teon.5168

LOL….oh I know….but I still found it funny that they mentioned the cool glider skin on a piece of wvw armor.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

My primary #1 hope for the update is that my ping does not go into oblivion :o

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

LOL….oh I know….but I still found it funny that they mentioned the cool glider skin on a piece of wvw armor.

Well the pvp wings have a glider skin and you cant glide in the actual pvp maps only in HoTM.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Teon.5168

Well the pvp wings have a glider skin and you cant glide in the actual pvp maps only in HoTM.

It isn’t funny anymore when I have to explain why it was funny to me. So, I have a weird sense of humor

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

It isn’t funny anymore when I have to explain why it was funny to me. So, I have a weird sense of humor

or u could have a double funny momment and realise Anet rewards system is ment for pve players try pvp gamemodes where they dispise pvp itself…. this addons have the chance to go with a completelly wrong ending…

in WvW

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Anet is a restaurant without a menu that brings out whatever they want for the player to have to deal with.

I really love this analogy.

in WvW

Teon.5168

or u could have a double funny momment and realise Anet rewards system is ment for pve players try pvp gamemodes where they dispise pvp itself…. this addons have the chance to go with a completelly wrong ending…

LOL…..you’re doing a good job of cracking me up today…..thanks!

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Teon.5168

Anet is a restaurant without a menu that brings out whatever they want for the player to have to deal with.

I really love this analogy.

I have to agree……but hey, at least they’re doing something! /sarcasm

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-