ZERG VS. DISABLER

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Fistarius.2496

Fistarius.2496

The title of this thread kinda reveals the real flaw, doesn’kitten I love the disabler! It really is the most OP thing I’ve ever wielded in an MMO. A magic bomb… um… grenade, um… oh yea duh, it’s a trap that causes catastrophic failure to mechanical equipment upon impact!!! It’s even better than being Harry Potter!

But seriously, no world rank anti-trap cooldown mastery? SERIOUSLY? No diabler trap, trap? Is there literally no power in the current universe that can get the duration from the vastness of 45 seconds, to the much more reasonable 44 seconds? Can the imagination not get it all the way down to 30, maybe even 25 seconds, if I slave to achieve my mastery? I promise I will be a good slave.

Awesome idea, OP application. One person being able to stop an entire zerg is a magnification of the “moar rams” problem, not a solution to it. Talk about turning a commanding experience into a snooze-fest of running supply. It’s OP nature quickly turns a challenging game into a tedious game. WvW = fun. Tedious = not fun.

Tick Toxic

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

As usual in an effort to make WvW players not feel left out of the “feature” pack, the dev had to make something for WvW. It was obviously a rushed thing and the consequences of it havent even been thought through.

As someone else has said in another thread, once a grenade has been used on a siege, it should have a buff which either prevents it from being affected again, or as the person suggested, the grenade increases the cooldowns of skills so it takes longer to bring down a gate. Complete disablement which can be spammed over and over again is just a broken mechanic.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

I don’t frequent the website or these forums (or any forum) but saw this item used against us as we just attempted to defend our garrison.

WOW all I can effing say is WOW, anet ****** up BIG TIME on this one.

I logged out and don’t plan on continuing to support this game until this HUGE MISTAKE is GONE FOR GOOD…

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

(edited by sparc.3649)

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Is there literally no power in the current universe that can get the duration from the vastness of 45 seconds, to the much more reasonable 44 seconds?

http://www.moviesoundclips.net/sound-clip.php?id=3904

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It is a good defensive item but it will not stop a zerg for long. More like delay a zerg long enough for you to get the the ppt or for you to call in reinforcements. Think it is a good balance since they remove the ability to banner the lord. 3 warriors could chain rez the lord indefinitely.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

In my experience this far, it has caused our blob to separate into smaller groups and attack several towers/keeps at once. I like that.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

sparc.3649

It is a good defensive item but it will not stop a zerg for long. More like delay a zerg long enough for you to get the the ppt or for you to call in reinforcements. Think it is a good balance since they remove the ability to banner the lord. 3 warriors could chain rez the lord indefinitely.

It’s a good offensive tool too. It just makes zergs that much MORE OP though. Now it’ll take a zerg no time to breech your structure when they roll up to it, lay their siege, and spam your defenses with siege disabler. Not to mention while it’s disabled they kill it, or just keep spam disabling it – may as well not even have set it up in the first place. At least before the disablers they’d have to attempt to siege it down or AOE it down, all the while you could USE it to attempt to ward them off!

I usually take the defensive, and this has happened to me twice (before RQing). It’s BS.

People can argue it’s good for both offense and defense all day long, ok, I’ll even give you that. I would then propose it’s BAD for the GAME…

Okay so now what, I stack up on disablers too and we have disabler wars, they PvD the gate down, what?

I’m sorry but this seems an all around horrible mistake! It can be abused both defensively and offensively… ANET, please remove these horrid things!

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

It’s not a good defensive item, because the enemies can disable the siege on your walls. Was done last night in a fight i was in. A tower got their arrowcarts disabled over and over and in the end we lost the tower due to this.

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It’s not a good defensive item, because the enemies can disable the siege on your walls. Was done last night in a fight i was in. A tower got their arrowcarts disabled over and over and in the end we lost the tower due to this.

Curious how long did it take them to pvd the gate open? Long enough for you to get the tower for the tick or longer than that? The idea of the siege disabler is not to deter enemies from taking an objective but to delay them. Also a gate treb should still be able to destroy any rams on the gate.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Blaydyn.5871

Blaydyn.5871

I think Siege Disabler would be fine if, as someone else on this thread said, they would lower the time of the siege disable and/or add a cooldown to stop the spamming of siege disabler.

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just get rid of that kittenin grenade. Its not like anyone ever thought “hmm maybe this gamemode needs a grenade to stall rams in positions for 45sec” is it?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

sparc.3649

Just get rid of that kittenin grenade. Its not like anyone ever thought “hmm maybe this gamemode needs a grenade to stall rams in positions for 45sec” is it?

But now I’m thinking, why do we have siege at all, or camps, or towers, or keeps, or the castle?

Why don’t we just remove ALL siege, and ALL structures, and call it non-structured PvP

>.<

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

(edited by sparc.3649)

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Do projectile destruction/reflections work on this like like they do engie grenades? Maybe we should think about having mesmers and eles use feedback/swirling winds?

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Do projectile destruction/reflections work on this like like they do engie grenades? Maybe we should think about having mesmers and eles use feedback/swirling winds?

It does but extremely hard to counter as you wont see it flying and also usable on other side of gate.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

sparc.3649

It does but extremely hard to counter as you wont see it flying and also usable on other side of gate.

That sounds about right! (^this^)

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Well if you position it right on the gate, they will extend in far enough that the aoe of the disabler is blocked. You can start when the previous buff is about to end, and chain them together (like we used to do to block trebs).

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

since disabler . i saw more open – field fights in wvw maps . better militia kill the enemies and take the price of the loot and the belt from lord.

in my view , wvw became better than before with disabler

p.s. there are always the trebs-omega-catapults-balista- ac that are out of trap range . only ram affect so much the disabler

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

sparc.3649

since disabler . i saw more open – field fights in wvw maps . better militia kill the enemies and take the price of the loot and the belt from lord.

p.s. there are always the trebs-omega-catapults-balista- ac that are out of trap range . only ram affect so much the disabler

YESSS that’s what I wanted, open field fighting. I wanted to PvP so badly that’s why I came to WvW
< / sarcasm >

WvW is supposed to be about siege battles and counter siege. You want to fight, go PvP

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

1. Spread out and attack various objectives simultaneously. Some of them will succeed.
2. Build ranged siege and actually defend it.

I NEVER play with the zerg, since I find it ridiculously boring and waste of time. But if it’s really a problem, then just add a cooldown for the skill.
Like “You can only use one siege disabler once per hour” – I could imagine having one dude running around disabling everything is frustrating.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

(edited by KrisHQ.4719)

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

sparc.3649

1. Spread out and attack various objectives simultaneously. Some of them will succeed.
2. Build ranged siege and actually defend it.

I NEVER play with the zerg, since I find it ridiculously boring and waste of time. But if it’s really a problem, then just add a cooldown for the skill.
Like “You can only use one siege disabler once per hour” – I could imagine having one dude running around disabling everything is frustrating.

So far I’ve seen this as frustrating to both offenders and defenders. Meaning it’s an all around bad idea… Trolly item for trolls who want to grief people… Please remove… That is all…

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Sephirius.1457

Sephirius.1457

If you clump all your siege in one spot and get disabled, then GG for the defenders.

Siege Disablers +1

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Sephirius.1457

Sephirius.1457

YESSS that’s what I wanted, open field fighting. I wanted to PvP so badly that’s why I came to WvW
< / sarcasm >

WvW is supposed to be about siege battles and counter siege. You want to fight, go PvP

Actually, that’s what some of us want. More big open field fighting. It’s a lot more fun than just trading undefended towers with the other 2 teams.

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

sparc.3649

If you clump all your siege in one spot and get disabled, then GG for the defenders.

Siege Disablers +1

I’m a defender (lower numbers than offenders) and have had this happen to all of our siege, so now they can just mow us over without any resistance whatsoever because they can disable the defensive siege before/as they destroy it. GG anet, now they can mow over our stuff without any resistance what-so-ever.

PvD harder, that’s what ANet apparently wants…

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

sparc.3649

< / sarcasm >

Actually, that’s what some of us want. More big open field fighting. It’s a lot more fun than just trading undefended towers with the other 2 teams.

PvP has, wait for it, PvP. You want a larger or non-organized/non-regulated fashion of PvP, then head to the area they made for non-organized, non-regulated PvP in Obsidian Sanctum.

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: TriFiredom.1386

TriFiredom.1386

If you (Arenanet dev who came up with this idea) can’t see that this trap completely destroys any semblance of balance between offensive and defensive forces in wvw, then you need to submit your resignation.

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

< / sarcasm >

i suppose you know what means “better militia” . spvp is party fight , not militia …..

also, spvp is capture the flag pvp game , not openfield war between servers ….

i think you understand that these terms are different , right ?

and yes , disabler is a trick that disable your siege …. better siege than yours in 1200 range

btw , you can always save supps to build second ram after disabler , but people want fast and easy rewards …. right ?

(edited by Reborn.2934)

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

sparc.3649

Maybe you haven’t read any of my posts (I should have plenty on this subject by now as I’ve not been playing /all/ day), I don’t build rams, I am a defender. I don’t see any valid reason to build a ram for defense…

/—————————————\
\—————————————/

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

After seeing what the disabler trap does, and the time it disables siege, I have been lead to the conclusion that Trebuchets might become the new standard for taking any tower/keep which has defenders. :/ (Which is sad to me. I don’t want to see everything become a “Let’s siege only from max range” type of fight.)

I personally think a tweak to the siege disable may be better. Like a timer which once the debuff is off, another can’t be thrown for a certain amount of time, or maybe diminishing time of disabling based off how many traps have been thrown on a piece of siege in a certain amount of time.

I don’t mind the new change, however I do think it needs changed a bit.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Obe.8012

Obe.8012

Something satisfying about watching the PVD crowd rage

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

As usual in an effort to make WvW players not feel left out of the “feature” pack, the dev had to make something for WvW. It was obviously a rushed thing and the consequences of it havent even been thought through.

As someone else has said in another thread, once a grenade has been used on a siege, it should have a buff which either prevents it from being affected again, or as the person suggested, the grenade increases the cooldowns of skills so it takes longer to bring down a gate. Complete disablement which can be spammed over and over again is just a broken mechanic.

They haven’t done this for conditions, which are also OP as hell, what makes you think they would put in a buff for traps that prevents spamming and immediate reapplication?

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

if you can’t seem to figure out how to get around the siege disabler then maybe you should study the wvw terrain/mechanics and try something different

it really is kinda funny when the same tactic doesn’t work with a new mechanic that people keep trying the same tactic achieving the same results.

Sincerly, Me.

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Maybe you haven’t read any of my posts (I should have plenty on this subject by now as I’ve not been playing /all/ day), I don’t build rams, I am a defender. I don’t see any valid reason to build a ram for defense…

Not a big fan of using fear to keep people off of things, like your lord, eh?

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

You can place treb, cata behind gates and acs all over the wall. If the atackers diisable all of your def with 1 trick go and farm cof p1.
I think this traps should be single targets.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

ZERG VS. DISABLER

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

You can place treb, cata behind gates and acs all over the wall. If the atackers diisable all of your def with 1 trick go and farm cof p1.
I think this traps should be single targets.

If attackers disable all of your defensive siege with one trick, then you’re placing it wrong.

People need to stop playing as though wishing will get rid of siege disablers, and start playing like they exist.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay