Zoom Hacking ends WvW

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SpitfireIXA.1807

SpitfireIXA.1807

After spending a day watching the professional zoom hackers on FA cheat the exploit and turn siege defense on its head, thereby destroying one-third of the WvW concept, it shocks me that this is not a priority for Anet to fix. Consider this — removing the defensive siege engines in the game like arrow carts would make defenses safer. That’s how pointless and frustrating WvW is at this moment.

It kills me. I love WvW. But Zergballing/K Training/Screwing over defenses through bugs is feeling pointless.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

On the other hand, Lion’s Arch is fantastic and the karka hunt was one of the high points of the game. The PvE side has gotten nothing but better since inception.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

After spending a day watching the professional zoom hackers on FA cheat the exploit and turn siege defense on its head, thereby destroying one-third of the WvW concept, it shocks me that this is not a priority for Anet to fix. Consider this — removing the defensive siege engines in the game like arrow carts would make defenses safer. That’s how pointless and frustrating WvW is at this moment.

It kills me. I love WvW. But Zergballing/K Training/Screwing over defenses through bugs is feeling pointless.

You do know (typical yb complainer) that Anet allowed us all to zoom hack. Just change your camera and boom. Screen can hit well placed acs.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

You do know (typical yb complainer) that Anet allowed us all to zoom hack. Just change your camera and boom. Screen can hit well placed acs.

You miss the point, Buffy, in two ways

First, saying that everyone can cheat at WvW is like saying everyone is allowed to cheat at chess. Sure, it equals things, but who would want to play? The game itself is ruined. Defense in WvW is finished, destroying a primary strategy in the game play. Imagine in League of Legends if everyone found a way to shoot the enemy base from your own. How long would the players continue to play?

Secondly, Buffy, it’s tradition to frown upon players who exploit problems in a game. You seem to be saying that FA instead embraces it. I would agree with that, right on up to your commanders.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Its odd, I play WvW allot!!! I am in Fa, and I have yet to see it done. No idea how many freaking AC’s are in whatever, but yea, taking something of YB, I feel like Its a big silly game of dodge ball, and I am the fat kid.

But yea, everyone can change there camera, and see stuff, I am sure YB does it to. Thats why we don’t so much depend on siege, but fighting. So take it easy, the new Maps will be going before long, Who know what will change. In the end, relax, enjoy the game, and have fun.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vurse.9873

Vurse.9873

What do you expect from a game with LITERALLY ZERO anti-cheat coding? Players have been teleporting, speed hacking, and zoom hacking since beta. Luckily, there’s very little that you can get away with in the competitive game modes while still remaining inconspicuous. The moment someone starts abusing teleport hacks to portal zergs into keeps or move golems across map, they immediately raise flags and the account is investigated by an invisible GM.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

Its odd, I play WvW allot!!!

So take it easy, the new Maps will be going before long.

I play a lot too. Today, watched zoom hacking by the FA zerg three times in a two hour session, and the FA commander dropping the acs himself. Since defense is a fun aspect that is now irrelevant due to zoom hacking, a chunk of the enjoyment is gone and the intended rock paper scissors in WvW is gone.

I too can’t wait for the new maps. But if zoom hacking destroys the intended play of the new maps, it won’t matter much that they are new.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

What do you expect from a game with LITERALLY ZERO anti-cheat coding? Players have been teleporting, speed hacking, and zoom hacking since beta. Luckily, there’s very little that you can get away with in the competitive game modes while still remaining inconspicuous. The moment someone starts abusing teleport hacks to portal zergs into keeps or move golems across map, they immediately raise flags and the account is investigated by an invisible GM.

Agreed. This is why I am appealing to Anet to deal with it, and to servers like FA not to make exploits part of their culture.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You miss the point, Buffy, in two ways

First, saying that everyone can cheat at WvW is like saying everyone is allowed to cheat at chess. Sure, it equals things, but who would want to play? The game itself is ruined. Defense in WvW is finished, destroying a primary strategy in the game play. Imagine in League of Legends if everyone found a way to shoot the enemy base from your own. How long would the players continue to play?

Secondly, Buffy, it’s tradition to frown upon players who exploit problems in a game. You seem to be saying that FA instead embraces it. I would agree with that, right on up to your commanders.

It is not even remotely cheating.

Your dishonestly calling an in game field of view slider a “hack”. That is not an intelligent approach.

You are approaching this discussion with accusatory terms and misinformation.

Would you appreciate random posters, claiming you were dishonestly cheating, when you wee in fact it is a honest, in game adjustment.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Vurse.9873

Vurse.9873

Agreed. This is why I am appealing to Anet to deal with it, and to servers like FA not to make exploits part of their culture.

Well, good luck to you. I am guessing that anti-cheat would consume too many resources to develop and that’s why we’re even having this conversation. As for removing ACs… it’s worth discussing.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

Your dishonestly calling an in game field of view slider a “hack”. That is not an intelligent approach.

Would you appreciate random posters, claiming you were dishonestly cheating, when you wee in fact it is a honest, in game adjustment.

So you are saying that acs outside the outer wall destroying defensive siege on the inner wall of, say, hills, is a feature, not a bug? That is the way it was intended? That the purpose of the fortified wall is to protect the attacking force? It is there so that outsiders can rain arrows through the stone on the defenseless defenders inside who are themselves stopped by the stone?

Doing so is a clear exploit, obviously. An exploit is not a hack.

And I never urinate on facts.

(edited by SpitfireIXA.1807)

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

Well, good luck to you. I am guessing that anti-cheat would consume too many resources to develop and that’s why we’re even having this conversation. As for removing ACs… it’s worth discussing.

Yup, charge of the light brigade and all that. But I think Anet has been generally more responsive than given credit for. Which is why I am posting.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So you are saying that acs outside the outer wall destroying defensive siege on the inner wall of, say, hills, is a feature, not a bug? That is the way it was intended?

Yep, sadly, it’s as intended. Since they changed the fov for everyone, it’s all fair game. But you can work around it. I spent a month figuring out new siege placement in the face of the new obscene fov angles, and you can successfully do it.

Here use this post I had in another thread on zoom hacking to help you plan:

I was surprised by the new camera angles after returning from a year away from game.

Someone was kind enough to post these, so you can review and adjust your siege defense accordingly. I spent a month puzzling out new placement, but it’s possible, if not the most ideal.

Here’s the post:

It’s been a while since the camera changes but apperently the “fighting” servers aren’t up to date. Get some inspiration from the germans :

Garrison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DT4wV8k-w
Hill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqNW-WyQ_s
Bay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weP_ulvdC08
SW-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzGJMPCmcwk
SE-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C0cxZwJlv0
NW-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XmwQIiSKnM
NE-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q-xh-u4TEQ

Personally I wish they’d just revert to the old camera views. In the past, players had creative ways to deal with those few who had three monitor setups: they’d be flagged the moment they got onto map and mercilessly killed first, over and over.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

So you are saying that acs outside the outer wall destroying defensive siege on the inner wall of, say, hills, is a feature, not a bug? That is the way it was intended? That the purpose of the fortified wall is to protect the attacking force?

Doing so is a clear exploit, obviously.

And I never urinate on facts.

Everything is depending on where acs are placed. I’ve seen many many many many yb saying fa zoom hacks because yb just defends. They do not grasp the system Anet put into wvw because they don’t leave towers/keeps. Acs can destroy your defensive acs easy with how the camera changes.
Play yb does this ALL THE TIME. Saying fa does it is saying yb are cheaters.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

Yep, sadly, it’s as intended. Since they changed the fov for everyone, it’s all fair game. But you can work around it. I spent a month figuring out new siege placement in the face of the new obscene fov angles, and you can successfully do it.

Here use this post I had in another thread on zoom hacking to help you plan:

Personally I wish they’d just revert to the old camera views. In the past, players had creative ways to deal with those few who had three monitor setups: they’d be flagged the moment they got onto map and mercilessly killed first, over and over.

I too wish they would revert to the old camera views for WvW. While the Germans found ingenious things, those are limited, and the concept of the wall giving the attacker rather than the defender advantage still significantly harms one aspect of the intended rock paper scissors in WvW.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Yes but ACs have always been able to go through walls, even since launch.

That’s nothing new.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

Everything is depending on where acs are placed. I’ve seen many many many many yb saying fa zoom hacks because yb just defends. They do not grasp the system Anet put into wvw because they don’t leave towers/keeps. Acs can destroy your defensive acs easy with how the camera changes.
Play yb does this ALL THE TIME. Saying fa does it is saying yb are cheaters.

It’s sad, but I am sure you are right. YB and everyone will be doing it more and more. You are out of date in saying that YB sits in towers, however. Since the zoom hack, defenders have all but disappeared, even from YB. They simply get into the zergball and ride the ktrain circle or the zerg rumble.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

That’s nothing new.

It is new. The ability to target through walls was not there previously. Inner hills was generally safe from acs outside the outer walls.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

But I think Anet has been generally more responsive than given credit for. Which is why I am posting.

LOL. Are you serious? This is not the PvP forum. Anet’s responsiveness to WvW issues is at 0, so it’s pretty much impossible for them to be more responsive than given credit for.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

That’s nothing new.

It is new. The ability to target through walls was not there previously. Inner hills was generally safe from acs outside the outer walls.

It’s possible you just didn’t notice before, but you could always use ACs through walls. Since launch.

One controversial oldie was the ability to shoot from inner lords Hills to outside and nuke the invaders.

What has changed is the camera angle. I’m not fond of it. But I assure you there still exists defensive placement for all towers and keeps that can hide from the new fov and still be effective. I know because I found them… Time to experiment

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

LOL. Are you serious? This is not the PvP forum. Anet’s responsiveness to WvW issues is at 0, so it’s pretty much impossible for them to be more responsive than given credit for.

The ruins was a good upgrade and their attempts at trying different point systems have been decent. I think they jump on hacks better than 0. The new maps are not 0, either. So, yes, I can seriously say they are better than 0.

My guess is they will try to get lessons learned built into the new maps. I personally believe zoom hacking is a critical one to deal with, as it cripples an aspect of the rock paper scissors of the intended game play. Your opinion may differ.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

That’s nothing new.

It’s possible you just didn’t notice before, but you could always use ACs through walls. Since launch.

One controversial oldie was the ability to shoot from inner lords Hills to outside and nuke the invaders.

What has changed is the camera angle. I’m not fond of it. But I assure you there still exists defensive placement for all towers and keeps that can hide from the new fov and still be effective. I know because I found them… Time to experiment

We are both not fond of the new camera angle. I believe it is also not the intended play to have the defenders fear the blocking effects of their own wall and the attackers to enjoy its safety. To have a few secret places to hide your defensive siege is not the intended rock scissors paper.

Also, thanks for the experimentation. Something is better than nothing until the issue is fixed.

(edited by SpitfireIXA.1807)

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I flagged Anet on this about two months ago, sent them those videos, and it was given directly to the WVW dev.. There’s been no fix. You have to assume it’s intended, and find creative ways to combat it.

Glass is half full.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

SpitfireIXA.1807

I flagged Anet on this about two months ago, sent them those videos, and it was given directly to the WVW dev.. There’s been no fix. You have to assume it’s intended, and find creative ways to combat it.

Glass is half full.

Cheers! And thanks for sending in the videos. To me, the half-full glass is the new maps and Anet implementing fixes then. Hopefully your (and my) posts will have a positive effect.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

The big problem is that all AEO attack behave like grenade but don’t demand that you throw it in an arch and that Arena net need to fix, they removed LOS on Ballista to and ofc all Catapult/Treb shoots can damage even do they hit ground 5-10m in front of the wall.

So no matter what you can see it still should count from your character to the goal and se can this work and that would for the first time give you a advantage to be on top off a wall.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Anet should also remove the ability to place catapults on the bases of walls where they can’t be hit by AC, especially YB’s favorite placement spot on the base of the pillar at southwest inner hills . There’s no spot in which to place counter ACs that don’t get burned down by players. Trying to defend against it is pretty pointless. I wouldn’t go so far as to call it “hacking” though, since it is something the game allows anyone to do.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

can I just point out that all this offensive AC stuff placement locations are all stuff we learned from YB

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Chaba.5410

can I just point out that all this offensive AC stuff placement locations are all stuff we learned from YB

I’m going to start taking more screenshots. You can’t make this stuff up! Maybe OP won’t like me posting screenshots of YB placing trebs in Citadel, which make defending the northwest tower pointless.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TingleTangleBob.6027

TingleTangleBob.6027

Ok guys, I took the time to make a Video since this problem has been addressed in the german forums, too. I know its in german, but it should give you some great ways to place your siege in a way that you have an adventage to enemies outside your wall.
This should also rebalance the fact that, having time to build siege gives you an advantage to 50ppl just spamming arrowcarts in front of your keeps.

Heres the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt7bivvaH3o

If enough of you want to actually hear what i have to say to some of the ways i use the siege, i will put in some subtitles, but for now i’m on a tight schedule, so it might take a while..

Anyways, enjoy and let the expansion of our keeps get more important again!

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Very nice Tingle

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Reminds me of this

Chaba Tangnu

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chimera.8263

Chimera.8263

Fissure of Woe – hope you will enjoy our keep you’re about to take using this hack. All our siege we had inside was destroyed in mere seconds. GG guys.

Zoom Hacking ends WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Its odd, I play WvW allot!!!

So take it easy, the new Maps will be going before long.

I play a lot too. Today, watched zoom hacking by the FA zerg three times in a two hour session, and the FA commander dropping the acs himself. Since defense is a fun aspect that is now irrelevant due to zoom hacking, a chunk of the enjoyment is gone and the intended rock paper scissors in WvW is gone.

I too can’t wait for the new maps. But if zoom hacking destroys the intended play of the new maps, it won’t matter much that they are new.

This commander wouldn’t happen to be someone named Bebo would it?

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert