Zoom hacking

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Lore Qian.4231

Lore Qian.4231

I just saw crystal desert use zoom hacking to destroy seige inside a tower, the seige was below on ground were you cant get at it, my quistion is, will gw2 stop zoom hacking, because its being used so often that its as if unless you make it legal then those servers that do not use it will be at a disadvantage, I know games like wow have software now that just detects people using illegal software and deletes them, gw2 should do the same, I would love to know if people have been caught using zoom hacking, but it really is the most used cheat in the game, its this simple, if you use zoom hacking your server will win every week, I can tell you now that servers will fall from there tier spot if this cheat is stopped.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Well, here is the thing. Camera changes allow peering over a wall and that is all that is needed to fire an AC. Although it sounds like it’s not relevant, there are spots even before the camera changes that siege could shoot things on the ground at some towers, like the opening over a gate.

With the camera changes, how do you know for sure they aren’t doing it within the game without a 3rd party application?

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Someone told me you don’t even need to use a 3rd party, but have gw2 on more than one monitor. The multiple monitors causes the camera to randomly bug out and let you see half way across the map. Not sure if it’s true as I’m naturally suspicious, and I wonder if it was fixed with the new camera changes.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

There are many towers that you can go all the way forward to the wall as an attacker with max vertical camera and field of view and look down into it. I can get my character to be able to see the inner side of the wall and everything on the ground for some towers. Depending on the design, it is also possible to look over the gate and around.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Someone told me you don’t even need to use a 3rd party, but have gw2 on more than one monitor. The multiple monitors causes the camera to randomly bug out and let you see half way across the map. Not sure if it’s true as I’m naturally suspicious, and I wonder if it was fixed with the new camera changes.

adjusting the height of the window does wonky things with your field of view

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Just report it in game when you see it via /bug

This will record the exploit as the game sees it so the devs have a better sense of what’s happening.

FYI, since the camera angle changes there are new places that you can blink to with mesmers if you have far reaching manipulations on. Mesmers can blink right into some towers and port entire groups in. I’ve reported plenty of times, but you can go and try it out for yourself.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The sad truth is that these things have been happening since the start of the game, and it’s recently gotten worse because of the camera changes. A couple of weeks ago I watched our opponents set an arrow cart and kill all the fixed siege on the inner wall of the Hills keep from outside the outer wall.

Zoom hack much? Anet doesn’t care.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Wait until you have the person who just griefed me and tells us all to post in the “Bug” forum which almost never gets an answer due to the fact that all of the issues scroll out far too fast.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Zoom hacking

in WvW

atheria.2837

Just report it in game when you see it via /bug

This will record the exploit as the game sees it so the devs have a better sense of what’s happening.

FYI, since the camera angle changes there are new places that you can blink to with mesmers if you have far reaching manipulations on. Mesmers can blink right into some towers and port entire groups in. I’ve reported plenty of times, but you can go and try it out for yourself.

In-game reporting?

What a horrid joke to play on us all.

I’ve been told to post them, not email them, and I’ve even been told NOT to put in a ticket – the game is suffering and Anet is oblivious.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Wait until you have the person who just griefed me and tells us all to post in the “Bug” forum which almost never gets an answer due to the fact that all of the issues scroll out far too fast.

I don’t think you know what griefing means.

I simply linked you to the correct forum to post your thread. Simple as that. The only thing that will happen with you posting it here will be that a moderator will move it to the bug forums, so it is simply a waste of time for everyone involved.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Zoom hacking

in WvW

atheria.2837

I don’t think you know what griefing means.

I simply told linked you to the correct forum to post your thread. Simple as that. The only thing that will happen with you posting it here will be that a moderator will move it to the bug forums, so it is simply a waste of time for everyone involved.

Following me around the forums and naysaying anything I do is a bit strange to say the least.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

LOL. If you post a lot on a forum, of course other frequent forum users are going to respond.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I was surprised by the new camera angles after returning from a year away from game.

Someone was kind enough to post these, so you can review and adjust your siege defense accordingly. I spent a month puzzling out new placement, but it’s possible, if not the most ideal.

Here’s the post:

It’s been a while since the camera changes but apperently the “fighting” servers aren’t up to date. Get some inspiration from the germans :

Garrison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DT4wV8k-w
Hill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IqNW-WyQ_s
Bay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weP_ulvdC08
SW-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzGJMPCmcwk
SE-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C0cxZwJlv0
NW-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XmwQIiSKnM
NE-Tower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q-xh-u4TEQ

Personally I wish they’d just revert to the old camera views. In the past, players had creative ways to deal with those few who had three monitor setups: they’d be flagged the moment they got onto map and mercilessly killed first, over and over.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

after all the response from others, i have yet to see OP’s admission that he was ignorant about the camera FOV changes…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

He does make an interesting point, servers that zoom hack will win every week. Just look at Crystal Deserts unstoppable record of wins… Oh wait…

The only logical conclusion to draw here is that the servers that beat Crystal Desert are zoom hacking more. Let’s get those reports rolling!

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I personally find it kind of cheap to do, it’s usually employed by the server with 80-blob outside and 15 defenders inside. But meh.

I found ways around it. You can, too.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Anoying that Arenanet help so everyone can cheat instead off fixing the problem so you cant see over a wall, when your dead you cant see the enemy and so on.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am not sure what Zoom hack is, but clearly this just shows how poorly designed the Arrow Cart system was made.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

First off, Ive been on several servers, and blaming a server or calling it out for one guy cheating is rather meh. Ive seen cheaters on every server Ive been on and servers Ive fought. I can also say I havent been on a single server where the community in a whole promotes cheating.

Now with that said, you will be surprised what a well placed AC can do now in WvW and how far it will shoot and there are tons of complaints about the new camera system because of it.

I honestly think this is a feature problem and not a modification problem and the simple solution is that AC’s really should have LoS blocks which would solve this.

Why should arrows just go through walls magically?

They can do it with AA attacks, I dont understand why arrows from AC’s are never obstructed.

(edited by nightblood.7910)

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

It’s usually the phrase “If it aint broke dont fix it”

With Anet it’s the opposite “If it is broke, ignore it”

WvW has been broken since launch, dont expect much on fixes.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Anubis.7058

Anubis.7058

WvWvW whine about fixing the game to pc standards, typical.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I still think it’s cheap, lol. And thankfully, only about three servers (EU) use it.

I still would like anet to revert back to the old fov. There was something poetic about players smooshing the three-monitor setup guys, over and over.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Ok now I know I said everyone can do this but now even I’m getting annoyed. The server in our current match up is doing it at every tower now and they bring a zerg every time. I even built acs on top of hut to try and be out of reach but no they still destroy them. Was at klov and they built an ac outside of gate and destroyed our treb(which was on the side of hut in the back), mortar, 3 acs which were on all different sides including the one on the hut. They also outnumber us and the other day we held them off with 5 defenders with siege when they didn’t use an ac outside but they seemed to have learned this new “cheap” tactic and use it every time now making defending pretty much pointless if they build an ac outside.

Needs a fix. ADD LOS or invalid path to acs or something. I get invalid path trying to blink up stairs in my own towers. I usually always defend anet as I find ways around things but seriously this needs to be addressed and not ignored..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Change ACs to ballistic firing. Shoot up at an angle and see where they hit. Adjust angle accordingly.

Targeted aiming is for chumps.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Here’s a hint for those struggling in towers and keeps: Stand outside your tower and keep before you place siege and use the adjusted fov.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

briggah.7910

Here’s a hint for those struggling in towers and keeps: Stand outside your tower and keep before you place siege and use the adjusted fov.

Well we shouldn’t have to struggle trying to defend a tower when the other team builds one ac and destroys all of our siege both on the walls and inside.. If anything our siege should make the attackers struggle more but that is not the case..

I’m just frustrated since I walked yaks, built siege to prep for an attack and they just came and AC’ed everything down. I’ve been building siege in spots I don’t usually do just to try to counter these guys but seems no matter where its placed they still reach it.

We’ve been outnumbered but even the other day before they used this ac tactic, we held off the same group with 5 defenders using siege. Past few days since they been building acs its a different story though. I can see an outside ac being able to counter siege on walls but being able to hit siege inside is a bunch of bull-skritt!!!!

Player Vs Everyone

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Shadow.3475

They dont need AC they simple can do it with AOE.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I still think it’s cheap, lol. And thankfully, only about three servers (EU) use it.

I still would like anet to revert back to the old fov. There was something poetic about players smooshing the three-monitor setup guys, over and over.

Disingenuous statements of this nature, do not help the issue. Servers do not do anything of this sort. Players do.

I prefer to keep the current FoV, as it isn’t that big of a provlem to deal with. I am waiting for HoT before worry g much about it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Disingenuous statements of this nature, do not help the issue. Servers do not do anything of this sort. Players do.

I prefer to keep the current FoV, as it isn’t that big of a provlem to deal with. I am waiting for HoT before worry g much about it.

So I’m gathering you were one of the three-monitor guys that got spanked a lot eh? Lol

Also:

dis·in·gen·u·ous
?dis?n?jenyo?o?s/
adjective
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
synonyms: insincere, dishonest, untruthful, false, deceitful, duplicitous, lying, mendacious; hypocritical
“that innocent, teary-eyed look is just part of a disingenuous act”

Nothing in my statement(s) was dishonest. Or did you pick the wrong word?

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: WmongerCZ.6574

WmongerCZ.6574

Well, here is the thing. Camera changes allow peering over a wall and that is all that is needed to fire an AC. Although it sounds like it’s not relevant, there are spots even before the camera changes that siege could shoot things on the ground at some towers, like the opening over a gate.

With the camera changes, how do you know for sure they aren’t doing it within the game without a 3rd party application?

Lol, and this is the Anets biggest probelm – CAUSALITY (inability to see a bigger picture = bad decision making = bad developer). They introduced something that practically make zoom hacking obsolete .. bravo Anet, bravo :-)
(next time we will get flying griffons and then we can fly over the walls and land in the middle of Lord’s room. Whow, nice idea … like “ride of valkyries” zergfest :-) )

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Lol, and this is the Anets biggest probelm – CAUSALITY (inability to see a bigger picture = bad decision making = bad developer). They introduced something that practically make zoom hacking obsolete .. bravo Anet, bravo :-)
(next time we will get flying griffons and then we can fly over the walls and land in the middle of Lord’s room. Whow, nice idea … like “ride of valkyries” zergfest :-) )

No, I dont think, Anets problem surrounds the casual player. It is the ones that scream casual, at everyone and think they are better then others, due to the amount of time they spend playing a video game.

If Anet wants to allow people to expand thier field of view, everyone has access to this and therefore is not an issue if used.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Jayne.9251

No, I dont think, Anets problem surrounds the casual player. It is the ones that scream casual, at everyone and think they are better then others, due to the amount of time they spend playing a video game.

If Anet wants to allow people to expand thier field of view, everyone has access to this and therefore is not an issue if used.

Um, he said causality not casuality.

Wmonger: I’m still holding out hope for Asura cannons.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Nightshade.2570

I know what he said but its clear in his intent behind it, the word"casuality" is being used as a means of describing something casual as a problem. Anyhow I would like some cannons to

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I know what he said but its clear in his intent behind it, the word"casuality" is being used as a means of describing something casual as a problem. Anyhow I would like some cannons to

Dear, take a closer look at his spelling.

Mine too.

Means something entirely different.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Nightshade.2570

Mine too.

First, I am not your dear. Maybe a Deer yes definitely a bit of a deer, I like to nibble on delicate forest tendrils of grass. My mother was bambi’s.

Secondly I will not argue I think my point about casual stands regardless of spelling.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Mine too.

First, I am not your dear. Maybe a Deer yes definitely a bit of a deer, I like to nibble on delicate forest tendrils of grass. My mother was bambi’s.

Secondly I will not argue I think my point about casual stands regardless of spelling.

Not arguing, trying to help.

He wasn’t slagging casual players at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causality

Also the Bambi thing .. some will chuckle (sorry, inside joke).

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Nightshade.2570

Mine too.

Not arguing, trying to help.

He wasn’t slagging casual players at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causality

Also the Bambi thing .. some will chuckle (sorry, inside joke).

Thanks for helping you get a cookie. Look moms death is a touchy subject… I am still upset about the hunter that ended her life in the woods that day.

Pretty sure they were zoom hacking.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I am still upset about the hunter that ended her life in the woods that day.

Pretty sure they were zoom hacking.

This got a good laugh from me.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

Oh Bambi

what are you doing lol

Also a good game trailer explaining “Causality”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGplrpWvz0I
(another game but you will get the idea)

(edited by Aezyr.5304)

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Nightshade.2570

Okay cookie monster I swear, I swear! You can have your cookie.

Ignore the fact that my mothers dead to hunters using a zoom hack!

Oh and thanks for the video Martha Stewart

Heres one right back at ya!

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, zoomhacking, its okay now thx bye.

(edited by Nightshade.2570)

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

I just saw crystal desert use zoom hacking to destroy seige inside a tower, the seige was below on ground were you cant get at it, my quistion is, will gw2 stop zoom hacking, because its being used so often that its as if unless you make it legal then those servers that do not use it will be at a disadvantage, I know games like wow have software now that just detects people using illegal software and deletes them, gw2 should do the same, I would love to know if people have been caught using zoom hacking, but it really is the most used cheat in the game, its this simple, if you use zoom hacking your server will win every week, I can tell you now that servers will fall from there tier spot if this cheat is stopped.

Not to be “that guy” but ArenaNet just doesn’t care, zoom hacking has been reported and documented over and over and over and… you get the point and not a single word has ever been uttered indicating they’re aware or care about the problem. So I wouldn’t hold my breath for something to be done about this.

If it isn’t new hotness related to the expansion or gemstore ANet (without being too salty about it) just does not care.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Not to be “that guy” but ArenaNet just doesn’t care, zoom hacking has been reported and documented over and over and over and… you get the point and not a single word has ever been uttered indicating they’re aware or care about the problem. So I wouldn’t hold my breath for something to be done about this.

If it isn’t new hotness related to the expansion or gemstore ANet (without being too salty about it) just does not care.

Well actually, as I see it, you are kind of being the worst version of “that guy”, because there isn’t really any evidence of “hacking” being envolved, what so ever, as far as I can tell.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

That’s always possible, however there are things that could be done like wall and ledge collision having a more dynamic effect on camera angles or perhaps maybe just a few roofs? Developers love little puzzles like this. I’m sure they have a rabbit up their sleeve that could fix it..

Zoom hacking

in WvW

briggah.7910

needs to be fixed

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

you fix that by not placing the AC in sight range

not a hard concept.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

@TexZero

So basically, don’t place the AC inside the tower ?

Because with the in-game LOS slider you can see and shoot AC’s under the roof of the supply hut, or anywhere else for that matter.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

@TexZero

So basically, don’t place the AC inside the tower ?

Because with the in-game LOS slider you can see and shoot AC’s under the roof of the supply hut, or anywhere else for that matter.

Im game for a world without AC fire.

Embrace getting down and dirty.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Shadow.3475

Simple remove Towers, keeps, camps then they get what they want, as it is now no one want to defend becase its so much harder to defend then cap and less reward.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

briggah.7910

you fix that by not placing the AC in sight range

not a hard concept.

No you fix that by not allowing these sort of skills to be able to reach over walls. If you think the camera changes are fine and dandy then no point in trying to explain to you that it makes defensive siege when outnumbered pretty much useless in every situation. If its not an ac behind gate or wall its skills reaching places they never reached before. I’m not saying fix the camera, Fix the LOS or Invalid path. I can’t even blink up steps in my own tower because I get invalid path but people can fire skills over gates or walls and that is considered a valid path? Come on now are you seeing the problem yet??

I’ve been placing siege every where since the change and no matter where I place it an ac outside gate or wall still reaches it. Maybe you know spots and would care to share??

Player Vs Everyone

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

Well considering that siege range relates to your field vision, I’m wondering if someone would have an advantage using an Ultrawide 21:9 monitor with 3440-1440 resolution