Zoom hacking

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

The camara issue does need to be addressed. I have been trying to defend against a two guilds from one server and one from another (all whom I can not name due to forum rules) for the last month, whom can’t seem to take a Tower defended by one person without 15+ players and the use of the non-exploit features of the new camara system. While I enjoy “Laughing-at and Pitying” these guilds it is very annoying and basically makes upgrading and seiging a fort a worthless effort.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

FOV =/= exploit….

never has and never will

Zoom hacking

in WvW

DaVid Darksoul.4985

FOV =/= exploit….

never has and never will

Haha, good sarcasm. But I guess the no-skill guilds which use these non-exploits see it that way. Shame that Anet created this problem and refuses to fix it. I just feel sorry for the commanders who need to use such questionable tactics to take an undermanned tower while having a zerg at the ready, I surely wouldn’t follow such a goober.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

FOV =/= exploit….

never has and never will

Haha, good sarcasm. But I guess the no-skill guilds which use these non-exploits see it that way. Shame that Anet created this problem and refuses to fix it. I just feel sorry for the commanders who need to use such questionable tactics to take an undermanned tower while having a zerg at the ready, I surely wouldn’t follow such a goober.

Taking this line of reasoning to it’s absurd logical extreme…

Please turn off “Promote Skill Target”, “Melee Assist”, “Right/Left-Click to Interact/Attack”, and change ground targeting to the fast option without the green ground reticle. These options are exploits that provide an advantage over those of us who are manually targeting. One could argue that auto-attack needs to go too.

And lastly, if your computer is faster than mine, if you are using an SSD, if you are using a mechanical keyboard, a highly precise gaming mouse, high resolution and/or multiple monitors, you are exploiting! The hardware manufacturers created this problem and refuse to fix it!

/sarcasm

Wish the wide FoV were in the game at launch.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

The new camera system is great. The problem is the AC design. It is a dumb idea to change the camera back to what it was just because AC can be broken sometimes.

Ac was should be the anti personal weapon, not the anti siege weapon. Make it do 0 dmg to siege and it becomes much more balanced like the other siege weapons.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The new camera system is great. The problem is the AC design. It is a dumb idea to change the camera back to what it was just because AC can be broken sometimes.

Ac was should be the anti personal weapon, not the anti siege weapon. Make it do 0 dmg to siege and it becomes much more balanced like the other siege weapons.

Agreed. Remember when the damage on ACs was buffed? Should be put back to what it was IMHO.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Also just fix the AC to actually need a physical projectile path to the target area. Or Trajectory I believe the nice word is. So it can’t shoot through a wall. Let them see over the wall as much as they want, but not be able to shoot AC (or preferably other skills as well) over it.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

FOV =/= exploit….

never has and never will

no sarcasm. L2P issue.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

DaVid Darksoul.4985

FOV =/= exploit….

never has and never will

no sarcasm. L2P issue.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

DaVid Darksoul.4985

FOV =/= exploit….

never has and never will

no sarcasm. L2P issue.

I agree wholeheartly, the commanders and guilds who use this tactic need to learn to play. If your guild cannot defeat one player in a Tower without using this non-exploit you might as well hang it up, unless you like being laughed at.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I just wonder about 1 thing.

If they can look over and kill it, why didn’t you use it to kill them?

This works both ways.

And having a lot of siege is nice, but actually using it is the main objective? Or is it?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

This works both ways.

And having a lot of siege is nice, but actually using it is the main objective? Or is it?

This is actually key to beating the fov defensively. Think about where the attackers place the ac.

I would outline exactly how to counter, only it would give the guys abusing it info to find another way around.

But it is possible, you just have to change how you have been traditionally placing siege and let go of old placements.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

This works both ways.

Problem is for out numbered servers. We used to be able to hold zergs off with 5 people.. Now that is almost impossible when they build acs outside unless you have people baby sitting towers all day long or sitting on siege waiting for someone to attack.

Good luck trying to grab supplies from the hut if no siege is in the tower while super acs are firing down on you. We used to be able to toss disablers on rams and build some counter siege but now we toss disablers and they build an ac outside to fire all over the inside of the tower.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Zoom hacking

in WvW

DaVid Darksoul.4985

This works both ways.

Problem is for out numbered servers. We used to be able to hold zergs off with 5 people.. Now that is almost impossible when they build acs outside unless you have people baby sitting towers all day long or sitting on siege waiting for someone to attack.

Good luck trying to grab supplies from the hut if no siege is in the tower while super acs are firing down on you. We used to be able to toss disablers on rams and build some counter siege but now we toss disablers and they build an ac outside to fire all over the inside of the tower.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Exactly. When you have no place to hide from ac fire you don’t last long. I’ve been followed all thru Towers already with constant fire on me. Also ele’s are able to meteor the inside of Forts now. Not sure what the thought process was for the camara system but it sure wasn’t WvW directed. Guess it’s not much use complaining, Anet will never fix the problem and those using the “non-exploit” are too low-class to realize how dishonorable it is. I presume it makes them feel big to wipe a low defended Fort with a zerg and magical- hit- anywhere ac. Thats why I call them “laugh at us and pity us” guilds

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Fix LineOfSight instead then it dont mater what you see it from the siege or character the server check can hit from spot x hit spot y.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

Posted by: antonbalboa.7280

antonbalboa.7280

It’s easy, new camera allows for example to destroy all the sige inside north Garrison from the north outer, all the Acs, trebuchets, ballistas, catapults… whatever. Max field of View and max height will do the trick, that’s not hacking or anything, just using what anet made possible in game.

Garrison is just an example, since camera changes came, you can kill anything with acs from outside, I have been reported and recorded on video by doing it, just because people don’t know how to do it.

Zoom hacking

in WvW

DaVid Darksoul.4985

It’s easy, new camera allows for example to destroy all the sige inside north Garrison from the north outer, all the Acs, trebuchets, ballistas, catapults… whatever. Max field of View and max height will do the trick, that’s not hacking or anything, just using what anet made possible in game.

Garrison is just an example, since camera changes came, you can kill anything with acs from outside, I have been reported and recorded on video by doing it, just because people don’t know how to do it.

No its no longer hacking, Anet fixed the hack by making it possible for everyone to do it, which was pretty kitten of them. Its a sleazy, underhanded way for skill-less players to win fights that otherwise they wouldn’t have a clue how to. Anyone who uses such tactics should be ridiculed and exposed for the low-class players they are. It can be done by everyone but only questionable players actually make the effort to adjust everything to do so. As I said, ’Laugh at,Pity" they will never be respected WvW players.