a possible way to fix epidemic

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I was thinking about it and it sounded awesome in my mind basically you can see all the radious that epi covers like the big orange aoes in 100 cm if ppl are familiar. Basically that circle spawn around the target that get epi’d and it doesnt go off instandly instead it has like a small delay like 1 or 2 sec before going off and if ppl time it correctly they dodge it avoiding the condis and all, but that would prob not work perfectly with the server lag and all and nerding it into oblivion would be easier. Oh well food for thought.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The fix is easy, remove the skill. It doesn’t need to be in the game at all.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

The fix is even easier than that.

Let the population (re)learn to use condi cleanses instead of letting them stack up/get pulled by rev/guard/bounced around multiple times in the first place.

AKA: fix ( from anets pov) = do nothing.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Let the population (re)learn to use condi cleanses instead of letting them stack up/get pulled by rev/guard/bounced around multiple times in the first place.

Epi in a group setting often has zero post application counter play. Most condi removal doesn’t work if activating it only removes about half the condi on the player. It certainly doesn’t work if it trips Confusion which so many condi clears do. Even worse is that Epi can often effectively one shot a player before they can do anything at all.

No DoT skill should be able to effectively down 5 players that fast under any circumstance.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Put in lower stack limits on epi. Even 10 stacks of every condi is an insane condi bomb by a single skill.

Implement proper condi cleanse hiearchys, with the most dangerous ones always cleansed first (so no more cleansing 4 condis and then downing yourself because you got unlucky and didn’t cleanse the confusion).

Remove resistance and rebalance condis in general accordingly. No more allowing a war or rev to gather dozens upon dozens of stacks of condis to be spread via epi. This would be a natural check to the maximum power of the skill as long as you aren’t near a lord, while still allowing it to be devastating if set up properly

That is all you need to do to have epi be perfectly balanced.

(edited by OriOri.8724)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The fix is easy, remove the skill. It doesn’t need to be in the game at all.

It was a mesmer skill for condi pressure on the last GW game, but then condis were needed skill to play arround them, here it is to much due how overall condi stacking and damage output carry the players.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

A possible way to fix guardians. Remove boons.
A possibe fix for stealth. Delete thieves.

Epi isn’t a problem, deal with it.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

zealex.9410

Removing epi wont do it just give it the soi treatement make it spread less condis like 5 to 8 stacks of each tops and then what ori said create a cleanse priority list where the most dangerous condis are the first to dissapear.

in WvW

zealex.9410

Put in lower stack limits on epi. Even 10 stacks of every condi is an insane condi bomb by a single skill.

Implement proper condi cleanse hiearchys, with the most dangerous ones always cleansed first (so no more cleansing 4 condis and then downing yourself because you got unlucky and didn’t cleanse the confusion).

Remove epidemic and rebalance condis in general accordingly. No more allowing a war or rev to gather dozens upon dozens of stacks of condis to be spread via epi. This would be a natural check to the maximum power of the skill as long as you aren’t near a lord, while still allowing it to be devastating if set up properly

in one line you said remove epidemic in the other you said reduce the stacks of condis pick one m8 xD

in WvW

zealex.9410

an even better nerf would be to re introduce the condi cap that existed prior to hot just for wvw and maybe even pvp

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Just going to say the same thing I’ve said in the last 3 Epi related threads.

By no means do I always make the right decisions but I do practice, observe and think on things that are giving me or others trouble before making a statement about balance. I don’t care if I absolutely hate something or if I absolutely love it. My opinion isn’t what matters, it’s whether the skill/trait/rune/etc. etc. are performing properly or not. If after practicing and observing I still find something to be over powered, then I will discuss it with others to see how they feel about the matter. And from there, depending on the people, we hopefully have a reasonable discussion about ways to balance it without putting personal emotions first.

I know I’ll get blasted for saying the following but yes, I do play a lot of Necromancer. In fact, it’s the class I’ve played the most of but I don’t consider it my main. I rotate between all of my characters evenly, though my Necromancer is the oldest. Still, I feel it’s valid to say this before I continue.

Epidemic does need to be adjusted, but not in many of the ways people suggest. What I would consider to be reasonable adjustments are:

• Reduce the radius to 240. It is currently twice the size of Meteor Shower and that’s massive.
  • Reduce range to 900. Necromancers don’t have the ability to take the kind of beating that a Guardian or a Warrior can when being hit by the full force of a melee train. Reducing the range would add a risk/reward factor. Risk getting pulled -> blobbed to land a good Epi or stand back and only get small ones.
  • Disallow it from working on high health NPC’s and siege. It was a nice change allowing conditions to affect siege but it inadvertently gave Epidemic a massive buff. Transferring conditions from siege/NPC’s allows for the kind of one-shot condition nukes you’ll see in videos like what has been posted in separate threads on this forum.

All of these are fair adjustments that wouldn’t remove Epidemic from the meta, but would greatly alleviate some of the pressure that people are feeling.

As a final note, though to some it will be the information they try to use against me in the Epidemic torch and pitch fork brigade… I’d like to add that all of my characters are vanilla builds (Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer), I rarely/never use Teamspeak, I rarely/never am in the zerging squad and I rarely/never use proper zerging builds. I still frontline, I still save people who have downed, I still survive longer than many people who are in squad/TS/with a proper build and yet I have impaired motor skills, play with backwards keybinds and don’t use a mouse… I feel that a great deal of the complaints about Epidemic are people coming out of the woodwork because they’re too lazy to, well… Git gud… Because with all those disadvantages, I still manage to do just fine and to almost never get hit by Epidemic bombs. In fact, I die a whole hell of a lot more to pulls, random CC, lag and 10K CoR’s, Gunflames, Trueshots, Meteor Showers, etc. So maybe… Just maybe people need to learn to cleanse better and to position better and to pay attention… Because without skills like Epidemic that break apart the tank meta, fights will never end.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Remove epidemic and rebalance condis in general accordingly. No more allowing a war or rev to gather dozens upon dozens of stacks of condis to be spread via epi. This would be a natural check to the maximum power of the skill as long as you aren’t near a lord, while still allowing it to be devastating if set up properly

in one line you said remove epidemic in the other you said reduce the stacks of condis pick one m8 xD

its fixed. I shouldnt forum when low on sleep

in WvW

zealex.9410

its fixed. I shouldnt forum when low on sleep

hihihi ^w^ even tho i like resistance and how it work i do believe it should be tweaked if not removed entirely what if it was maybe like protection but for condis?

(edited by zealex.9410)

in WvW

zealex.9410

Just going to say the same thing I’ve said in the last 3 Epi related threads.

By no means do I always make the right decisions but I do practice, observe and think on things that are giving me or others trouble before making a statement about balance. I don’t care if I absolutely hate something or if I absolutely love it. My opinion isn’t what matters, it’s whether the skill/trait/rune/etc. etc. are performing properly or not. If after practicing and observing I still find something to be over powered, then I will discuss it with others to see how they feel about the matter. And from there, depending on the people, we hopefully have a reasonable discussion about ways to balance it without putting personal emotions first.

I know I’ll get blasted for saying the following but yes, I do play a lot of Necromancer. In fact, it’s the class I’ve played the most of but I don’t consider it my main. I rotate between all of my characters evenly, though my Necromancer is the oldest. Still, I feel it’s valid to say this before I continue.

Epidemic does need to be adjusted, but not in many of the ways people suggest. What I would consider to be reasonable adjustments are:

• Reduce the radius to 240. It is currently twice the size of Meteor Shower and that’s massive.
  • Reduce range to 900. Necromancers don’t have the ability to take the kind of beating that a Guardian or a Warrior can when being hit by the full force of a melee train. Reducing the range would add a risk/reward factor. Risk getting pulled -> blobbed to land a good Epi or stand back and only get small ones.
  • Disallow it from working on high health NPC’s and siege. It was a nice change allowing conditions to affect siege but it inadvertently gave Epidemic a massive buff. Transferring conditions from siege/NPC’s allows for the kind of one-shot condition nukes you’ll see in videos like what has been posted in separate threads on this forum.

All of these are fair adjustments that wouldn’t remove Epidemic from the meta, but would greatly alleviate some of the pressure that people are feeling.

As a final note, though to some it will be the information they try to use against me in the Epidemic torch and pitch fork brigade… I’d like to add that all of my characters are vanilla builds (Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer), I rarely/never use Teamspeak, I rarely/never am in the zerging squad and I rarely/never use proper zerging builds. I still frontline, I still save people who have downed, I still survive longer than many people who are in squad/TS/with a proper build and yet I have impaired motor skills, play with backwards keybinds and don’t use a mouse… I feel that a great deal of the complaints about Epidemic are people coming out of the woodwork because they’re too lazy to, well… Git gud… Because with all those disadvantages, I still manage to do just fine and to almost never get hit by Epidemic bombs. In fact, I die a whole hell of a lot more to pulls, random CC, lag and 10K CoR’s, Gunflames, Trueshots, Meteor Showers, etc. So maybe… Just maybe people need to learn to cleanse better and to position better and to pay attention… Because without skills like Epidemic that break apart the tank meta, fights will never end.

I agree with the changes you suggested but i also do believe the dmg should be nerfed since condi by design is a silent killer that should take longer than power but remain more secure. But when you die in less than 1 sec for condis it foes against that and you know that something is wrong.

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

Epi in a group setting often has zero post application counter play. Most condi removal doesn’t work if activating it only removes about half the condi on the player. It certainly doesn’t work if it trips Confusion which so many condi clears do. Even worse is that Epi can often effectively one shot a player before they can do anything at all.

No DoT skill should be able to effectively down 5 players that fast under any circumstance.

Below are a few things that used to be extremely common in WvW. This isn’t an all inclusive list, I’m sure I’ve forgotten a whole bunch of things.
Many of these are no longer being used.

The problem is not Epi.
The problem is people in WvW stopped worrying about condis due to resistance, and the meta shifted to exploit this ( corruption then epi).

It also sounds like zergs are targeting mallyx revs are who pulling condis onto themselves. Effectively creating a weakness ( via corrupt/epi).
So.. when the masses stop relying on mallyx revs to pull/resistance bot, then epi will not have such an obvious weakness in your zergs to exploit. Essentially making boon strip/corrupt + epi the hard counter to the current meta.

tl;dr: L2P ( at a macro level, not micro).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Melandru
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Trooper
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Rain
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Loaf_of_Saffron_Bread
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Lemongrass_Poultry_Soup
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Fire
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Purging_Flames
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Shake_It_Off!%22
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Null_Field
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Putrid_Mark
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Absolute_Resolution
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Evasive_Arcana

Anecdotally, WvW players are the slowest to adapt to changes in flavour of the month.
I have heard the same kinds of QQ from wvw exclusive players for as long as I can remember. Almost every time, the solution is l2p.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

snip

First off I’d like to say your suggested changes to epi are very balanced and, if anything does happen to epi, those should be the changes.
Second, to everyone else on this post, remember that all epidemic does is spread all conditions on one target (up to 25 stacks of each) to nearby enemies. That means, to counter it, all you need is to make sure everyone has condition removal. If you deny the enemy any chance to apply them in the first place, Epi is next to useless.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I can link a bunch of videos of GvGs where we tried condition bombs. They were never really effective because there were too many condition cleanses being tossed around by the enemy team.

Not much as changed with conditions. The only thing that has changed is the play style, which apparently has less group cleanses.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

A possible way to fix guardians. Remove boons.
A possibe fix for stealth. Delete thieves.

This is a funny reply

Fix class by removing skill
Fix skill by removing class

Poor ghost thieves can’t flee the #teefhate fast enough

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Sure… not a problem… yeah…

Attachments:

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Tricare.2946

Looks more like a confusion problem. Necros can’t stack confusion.

Also like is said, people use to build their party/groups around condition cleanses for each other. Now it seems people are relying on Resistance Boon and putting off condition clears.

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Getting hit for 15k by a thief is a problem. You still can cleanse those condis, you can share resistance, you can spread out but you can’t avoid that initial damage from thieves..

You can avoid epi bombs by staying away from siege or lords that have condis stacked and you can stay away from people in downstate (which most likely die before you can epi off them)

And why should epidemic gets a nerf, when most of the condis don’t even come from necros? Let’s talk about condi application in general?

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

OriOri.8724

@Artemis – Yup, reliance on resistance has shifted the way people play WvW in general. I hate the boon. Its blatant power creep and I do think its a reason condis keep being buffed over and over. Condi builds now have to burst down someone in a few seconds before they can get huge uptime on Resistance and then your condi build is completely innefective. At least with power builds and invuln, you can’t share more than 1 sec of invuln at a time, and invulns are are and in short supply. The same is not true of Resistance.

@Lahmia – There was a thread where an epi stacked 31 bleed stacks at once due to deathly chill on reapers. I do think that 25 stacks is too high of a stack count, but regardless of what the count is, it should be a hard cap. If you have 25 bleed stacks and a bunch of chill, you should only get 25 bleed stacks, regardless of the effects of deathly chill.

in WvW

Posted by: headraver.4862

headraver.4862

cant anet disable skills that are broken until they find a solution i know other game developers can?if you get 1 shotted by any skill in any game its broken so sort it out or havent they the abilty to do so?

(edited by headraver.4862)

in WvW

zealex.9410

Getting hit for 15k by a thief is a problem. You still can cleanse those condis, you can share resistance, you can spread out but you can’t avoid that initial damage from thieves..

You can avoid epi bombs by staying away from siege or lords that have condis stacked and you can stay away from people in downstate (which most likely die before you can epi off them)

And why should epidemic gets a nerf, when most of the condis don’t even come from necros? Let’s talk about condi application in general?

the issue isnt condition aplication or anything the issue is the current form or resistance the boon is like an open door for this kimd of strats if tjey remove it from the game this problem will sieze to exist. Dont nerf a skill into the ground because of an easily exploitable and poorly thought out boon.

in WvW

zealex.9410

the issue isnt condition aplication or anything the issue is the current form or resistance the boon is like an open door for this kimd of strats if tjey remove it from the game this problem will sieze to exist. Dont nerf a skill into the ground because of an easily exploitable and poorly thought out boon.

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Easily exploitable? What, by 1 skill? Hahaha. Yea.

I am a teef
:)

in WvW

zealex.9410

Easily exploitable? What, by 1 skill? Hahaha. Yea.

its not 1 skill you need a number of ppl to coordinate target someone with it and spam condis on him then corrupt and epidemic that target. It sure as hell workingas intended against condis.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

@zealex.9410 how if they remove resistance this will solve th issue?

isnt resistance a pause for the overstacking conditions “have time” be removed/cleansed?

in WvW

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

Literally, anet changed how light combo fields work to deal with epidemic

please at least try that, before making a thread how you can’t be bothered to deal with epidemic

in WvW

zealex.9410

@zealex.9410 how if they remove resistance this will solve th issue?

isnt resistance a pause for the overstacking conditions “have time” be removed/cleansed?

Resistance is countering productive if someone has resistance that someone becomes a perfect target for condis you can literally stack hundreds of condis on 1 person then pi that guy and everyone around him get the dmg its not as if wpi is broken its the fact that these condi can be freely stacked since the target wont die and can take the condis.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

tks for the explanation, ic now how can be exploited, funny ^^.

Usually has a shout guard the first thing i do when someone is getting that much condis is start using my shouts + trooper runes, but sometimes even if target is near me or in squad party it isnt afted by them :\

in WvW

Posted by: rechner.1408

rechner.1408

The problem is not Epi.
The problem is people in WvW stopped worrying about condis due to resistance, and the meta shifted to exploit this ( corruption then epi).

Almost every time, the solution is l2p.

Just not true.
Every singe 1 klick killskill got removed somhow epi is the last ingame.

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

The problem is not Epi.

Just not true.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Epidemic

Wiki must be wrong then. So must the tooltip in game.
It obviously applies conditions to the target before copying them. Right??

After all it is a 1 button kill.

tl:dr: don’t post when you don’t know what the heck you’re talking about.

in WvW

zealex.9410

The problem is not Epi.

Just not true.

xaxaxaxa rekt XD

in WvW

rechner.1408

The problem is not Epi.

Just not true.

Says Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH] a PVE guild never seen im PVP plz boy stay out of pvp conversations if u dont know the gamemode

in WvW

Tricare.2946

The problem is not Epi.

Just not true.

Epidemic is not a “1 klick killskill”

Get on a necromacer, go to a mob or target and cast epidemic on it. Let me know what happens…..

Hint- you get self vulnerability…. that’s it. Nothing around the target dies instantly.

in WvW

rechner.1408

The problem is not Epi.

Just not true.

Get on a necromacer, go to a mob or target and cast epidemic on it. Let me know what happens…..

Hint- you get self vulnerability…. that’s it. Nothing around the target dies instantly.

I know it is hard for u pve guys to use that skill properly but if u know how to deal with it its op as kitten and a skill that kills upto 5 ppl with a 13 1/2 sec cd

1 tip for u pve dudes look for warriors or use ur tab key on ur keyboard to look for targets

in WvW

Tricare.2946

The problem is not Epi.

Just not true.

I know it is hard for u pve guys to use that skill properly but if u know how to deal with it its op as kitten and a skill that kills upto 5 ppl with a 13 1/2 sec cd

1 tip for u pve dudes look for warriors or use ur tab key on ur keyboard to look for targets

Yep, I guess I do like PvE. Here’s proof….

https://youtu.be/4LhvuomaJaY

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So how to fix it? First fix the bug that it can transfer only 25 stacks (if enemy can stack high stacks in normal combat you deserve get epi bomb because you get outplayed) and make change that epi could only transfer 10 stacks from sieges and keep lords.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I can’t understand how players can be that stupid that they run resistance on and let enemy stack condis like crazy. I would think that everybody who have brains understand that epi will come soon. Why else they would stack condis against player who is immune?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Omg, seriously l2p. Epi is only OP when people act like idiots. The ONLY situations in which an epi is going to really hurt are as follows.

1) You unwisely run to help rez your condi-loaded buddy in down state and get epi’d.
2) Warrior who loves to show off his double endure pain and resistance jumps into the enemy zerg, gets condi-loaded, runs back to the friendly zerg and… splat!
3) Rev spamming pain absorption doesn’t notice how many condis he’s carrying and… splat.

Epi’s are negligible against opponents with half a brain, but awesome against idiots. Don’t be an idiot yourself and stay away from idiots and you’ll be fine.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: ProDecius.2609

ProDecius.2609

epi is only op when people act like idiots?!?!? kitten you just kitten you

in WvW

Artemis Thuras.8795

Osu is being a bit of a blunt instrument, but essentially correct.

Epi being “op” requires a very specific set of circumstances. A large part of which is essentially leaving yourself vulnerable.

Essentially going Frenzy Healsig.
for reference:
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Frenzy
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Healing_Signet

in WvW

ProDecius.2609

I guess he just needed to dodge?!? not op at all oh wait it’s unavoidable xD I CANNOT believe people are doubling down on epi being fair, your absolutely absurd. If it’s not broken then why are ten trailblazers necros in every single serious zerg? in fact every other class in zerging (only rev and guard least diverse zerg meta of all time atm) is currently working it’s build around helping necros do epidemic. IT HAS TWICE THE SIZE OF METEOR SHOWER FOR SOME GODkitten REASON, kitten ANET FIX YOUR GAME!!

in WvW

Tricare.2946

I guess he just needed to dodge?!? not op at all oh wait it’s unavoidable xD I CANNOT believe people are doubling down on epi being fair, your absolutely absurd. If it’s not broken then why are ten trailblazers necros in every single serious zerg? in fact every other class in zerging (only rev and guard least diverse zerg meta of all time atm) is currently working it’s build around helping necros do epidemic. IT HAS TWICE THE SIZE OF METEOR SHOWER FOR SOME GODkitten REASON, kitten ANET FIX YOUR GAME!!

They’re in PvE land where the only thing that killled him was the 40 stacks of confusion that does 33% MORE damage in PvE.

But, the bigger question, who stacked 40 confusion on 1 person?

in WvW

ProDecius.2609

I don’t understand why people play mmo pve, it’s a really shallow version of single player hack and slash game. Try the Witcher three or dark souls instead. Gw2 is on my computer because it’s a MULTIPLAYER GAME. I’ll never understand why skinner box mmo pve is enjoyable by anyone.

(edited by ProDecius.2609)

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

If everyone is covered for condi cleanse, then conditions will never build up enough to get a good epidemic off of. Its when you get the likes of revenants using pain absorption and pugs that are out of position and go down, making easy condition stacking targets, just ripe for epidemic.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

If everyone is covered for condi cleanse, then conditions will never build up enough to get a good epidemic off of. Its when you get the likes of revenants using pain absorption and pugs that are out of position and go down, making easy condition stacking targets, just ripe for epidemic.

yeah but making every class tuned for condi removal.. shows how easy its to stack and spam conditions, aoe, cleave auto atacks, range etc.
Still the issue is not epidemic, epidemic makes sense to exist in this way, and it should be the way to condi bomb, and it should never be changed, the thing is that is to easy to spam conditions trough aeo/cleaves wich is broken in pvp gameplay due its pve design.

It is a wholegame lack of balance and faulty skill design issue its not epidemic fault alone.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

yeah but making every class tuned for condi removal.. shows how easy its to stack and spam conditions, aoe, cleave auto atacks, range etc.
Still the issue is not epidemic, epidemic makes sense to exist in this way, and it should be the way to condi bomb, and it should never be changed, the thing is that is to easy to spam conditions trough aeo/cleaves wich is broken in pvp gameplay due its pve design.

It is a wholegame lack of balance and faulty skill design issue its not epidemic fault alone.

On that note, if they did nerf condi application, what would be used to counter the current tank meta? Power is virtually useless when everyone is running full tank + damage reduction food, perma protection, and rite of the great dwarf.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

On that note, if they did nerf condi application, what would be used to counter the current tank meta? Power is virtually useless when everyone is running full tank + damage reduction food, perma protection, and rite of the great dwarf.

True… true but that is another thing that i dont understand why Anet can be this BAD sometimes, its like dumb gimmicks vs each other, and they hope that would hide the game issues, this gw2 is know to be a pretty game with awful skill combat reason pvp is only atractive to skritage that cant be carried in other games (sorry to be this blunt but its how the game is know for, not my words but those people opened my eyes to see how this dumb game model is).
Meanwhile…..

Back on topic…..

The tank meta exist due how everything in this game is AOE/cleave based ( design to make players so dumb they dont need much gamming skills to be efficient wich is wrong in a pvp concept and why this game failed so much in pvp/ eletronic skritage league note some are actually very decent players not my itention to offend players but to offend the game design), its is easy to stack stuff i guess at the end it is similiar to the condi aplying since there no midleground of balance its all about reach extremes of one or another, there isnt balance nor meta designed towards balance, build to what makes player leech better.

The only things that they would have to change would be to make game more towards single targeted skills castings like gw1 was in both offense and defense there are quite some skills that when overstacked in defense or offense are to much to be called a decent gameplay.
Still i bet alot of skits would QQ since theyr overrstackign meta would be compromised, but the game would be much more about 1 to 1 , know wich player u need to atack instead smash aoe skills because driver say so etc..
One other solutions would be adapting the skills to this overstacking gameplay.

The nature of game unbalance might be on the aoe/cleave and overstacking, one thing for sure, fights in gw2 are awfull even to observe…

sorry about the poor mans english..i get pretty fired up when ic things that could be decent taking very lame solutions.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)