anet why you destroy wvw with server linking?

in WvW

Posted by: Ghostdogk.3280

Ghostdogk.3280

fightin all day vs 50+ 70+ on more maps is no fun, i think fsp is place 1 until the next server linking, because they have too much numbers and other servers cant fight that all the time.

i was on fsp before and i leave the server because it was no fun run over players and pressing 1, now i get run over and its no fun too.

i think it was more balanced servers when all servers was not linked, and it was much more fun to play.

there is no more balance, and players use server linking for mass transfers, for me its like cheating, please stop the stupid linking and bring back the old single servers.

ty and sorry for my bad english!

in WvW

Posted by: balthor.7913

balthor.7913

fightin all day vs 50+ 70+ on more maps is no fun, i think fsp is place 1 until the next server linking, because they have too much numbers and other servers cant fight that all the time.

i was on fsp before and i leave the server because it was no fun run over players and pressing 1, now i get run over and its no fun too.

i think it was more balanced servers when all servers was not linked, and it was much more fun to play.

there is no more balance, and players use server linking for mass transfers, for me its like cheating, please stop the stupid linking and bring back the old single servers.

ty and sorry for my bad english!

Agree +1

in WvW

Posted by: woOz.6091

woOz.6091

I’m just coming back now after a while of not playing. What servers are linked now? What exactly does that mean?(Linked Server for wvw)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m just coming back now after a while of not playing. What servers are linked now? What exactly does that mean?(Linked Server for wvw)

The Op is talking about EU – things are slightly different on NA.
A while ago anet decided to boost the population of servers so they deleted tiers and made links out of the servers. So it’s now “Server X + Server Y”, sometimes it’s multiple links. It seems to work out on NA for the most part but the latest EU linking is a mess as anet basically locked tiers and made some servers that huge that only few are able to compete. They use the language barrier as an excuse, but we’ve been fine before, there was no reason for this.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

It’s there to milk gems/gold/rl cash from players, crushing communities and one day they come with a megaserver/alliance system, or not at all.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Jana.6831

It’s there to milk gems/gold/rl cash from players, crushing communities and one day they come with a megaserver/alliance system, or not at all.

Probably delete wvw, also to finally get rid of me.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Alot of people are transfering over to FSP daily. We get like 10+ new registrations on our TS daily. I’m really annoyed by these bandwagoners who keep transfer to the highest populated servers and we ending up alot of ques to the borders. Server linking is also a joke, i agree. They should find other ways of balancing it.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

The Op is talking about EU – things are slightly different on NA.
A while ago anet decided to boost the population of servers so they deleted tiers and made links out of the servers. So it’s now “Server X + Server Y”, sometimes it’s multiple links. It seems to work out on NA for the most part but the latest EU linking is a mess as anet basically locked tiers and made some servers that huge that only few are able to compete. They use the language barrier as an excuse, but we’ve been fine before, there was no reason for this.

Totally don’t agree that it “works for NA”, not even for the most part. People bandwagon to the linked servers constantly since they are so cheap to move to. All this linking really has done is make it a sort of nicer place for the people that like to blob around. It hasn’t created synergies that they probably hoped it would. Actually I see a lot more guild groups running exclusively a lot of the time, and squads that only want certain classes. Smaller havoc groups continue to get steam rolled and so on and so on.

It is what it is though, and enough people seem to like it that we know it won’t be going away. I, like a large number of people I know, do not play in WvW near as much as we used to. Missions, a little havoc, out. Once in a while some zerg play… but zero commitment to the server since as a linked server I have no home.. only a new possible host at next linking.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

omg the huge door that you opened there… couldn’t resist… and definitely can’t argue with that.. hehehe

in WvW

Jana.6831

Totally don’t agree that it “works for NA”, not even for the most part. People bandwagon to the linked servers constantly since they are so cheap to move to.

So they’re moving around the first 6 ranks?

Actually I see a lot more guild groups running exclusively a lot of the time, and squads that only want certain classes.

We have the “just guild groups” on gunnars as well – which might be the currently most kittened up server of them all. I guess that’s kind of because the commanders don’t want to take the blame if the pugs get steamrolled. But I recently witnessed a commander who transferred to the other server I’m on and told everybody he was going to lead the public for the night. I didn’t stay long enough to see how that worked out.

It is what it is though, and enough people seem to like it that we know it won’t be going away. I, like a large number of people I know, do not play in WvW near as much as we used to. Missions, a little havoc, out. Once in a while some zerg play… but zero commitment to the server since as a linked server I have no home.. only a new possible host at next linking.

It was ok on EU before. Some servers seem to be really dead, while other satelite servers are still pretty active. It’s on anet to analyze the core and make some permanent links. We already knew that Tier 5 wasn’t able to compete with Tier 1 = we will never have equal populations.

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

To bad I really use to enjoy Gw2. Now it is turning into a crap game. I hope they figure this out soon. WvW is all I really care about, and they are just wrecking it.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

To bad I really use to enjoy Gw2. Now it is turning into a crap game. I hope they figure this out soon. WvW is all I really care about, and they are just wrecking it.

There just doesn’t seem to be much to do anymore in wvw or care about. Nothing matters, score, server, identify, raids, and guilds.

People can transfer all they want and try to find some new home or style of play but ultimately, it will be exactly like your last server. Anet’s loving the gem transfers at our expense though and players need to wise up.

They are having polls on repair hammers for lord’s sake, tells you how they prioritize their work plan lol

in WvW

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

Whiteside Ridge had a massive influx of competitive Korean/Thai WvWers (ND/NG) There’s not much of a ping difference.. still playing with a 350+ ping.

NA WvW is just stale compared EU during offpeak times.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Completely well said!

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

There’s a reason why the community voted to for the shortest possible time between links to begin with.

They’d probably have had great success if they preserved server names/turned enemies into an allied “color” for a nameplate and just re-did the pairings weekly to prevent bandwagoning.

But these things were said before and paid no heed to.

in WvW

Posted by: Nortath.9176

Nortath.9176

IMO: Top 6 servers should not have a linking. They are already full. Sure great idea and function for the smaller servers, not T1 and T2. We have had guilds up and leave to lower tiers because of it.

in WvW

Jana.6831

There’s a reason why the community voted to for the shortest possible time between links to begin with.

They’d probably have had great success if they preserved server names/turned enemies into an allied “color” for a nameplate and just re-did the pairings weekly to prevent bandwagoning.

But these things were said before and paid no heed to.

I think they said they couldn’t make the linkings that short. And wvw is extra buggy at the beginning of a new linking.
On EU it wasn’t rocket science though that this linking would fail. They made existing servers into links (deleted a tier) and instead of linking them with lower tier servers they linked them with rather hier tiers which hadn’t had links before. So what they did is basically the HoD transfer mess all over just for more servers. At least 2 servers died in the progress.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Alot of people are transfering over to FSP daily. We get like 10+ new registrations on our TS daily. I’m really annoyed by these bandwagoners who keep transfer to the highest populated servers and we ending up alot of ques to the borders. Server linking is also a joke, i agree. They should find other ways of balancing it.

You’re annoyed? How do you think WSR is feeling seeing people openly saying they moved to WSR to get on FSP for fights knowing full well they will leave as soon as we’re deemed too high a population to have a good link up?

Linking wasn’t a bad idea, it was the implementation that’s making people hate it so much. There’s no control over player migration making it a bandwagon onto the lower tier linked servers ruining them and Glicko is way too slow to adjust for the wacky linkings they keep coming up with.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Who says the two of you aren’t talking about the same people?
What TS would you sign up if you were on WR? Right; FSP. What server would bandwagoners transfer to? Right; FoW or WR.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

IMO: Top 6 servers should not have a linking. They are already full. Sure great idea and function for the smaller servers, not T1 and T2. We have had guilds up and leave to lower tiers because of it.

Then the mindless skill-less bandwagon zerglings follow those guilds. And create a more unfun situations for those guilds till they completely leave the game. Then they find the next best guild and bandwagon to their server just to leach off of their success.

All the while ANet’s bottom line is loving it. They’ll get no gripe from me, for capitalizing off of others stupidity.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Here’s the great thing about server linking…

They can stop…

Nothing permanent here.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Alot of people are transfering over to FSP daily. We get like 10+ new registrations on our TS daily. I’m really annoyed by these bandwagoners who keep transfer to the highest populated servers and we ending up alot of ques to the borders.

I guess Arenanet didn’t understand the size of the active core population and didn’t have any clue how the transfers would be going.

Desolation was EU rank #9 before linking and hopelessly outnumbered. When we got linked with Vabbi about half a year ago we rose quickly to EU rank #1. Now after linking removed Desolation is back to EU rank #9 and soon dropping to rank #10. Since our linking was removed there has been constant outnumbered on 3-4 maps. In prime time there is typically a short queue (4-30 players) to EBG, while 3 borderlands are have outnumbered “buff” on our side. If the EBG commander border hops to help a borderland, then EBG instantly gets outnumbered. Thus the situation is that even in prime time there are 3 maps with outnumbered “buff”. And outside prime there are no queues to any map.

On the positive side many of the band wagoners left and the overall quality of players is slowly going up.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Here’s the great thing about server linking…

They can stop…

Nothing permanent here.

… but sadly it’s highly unlikely that they will stop. Because regardless of even the most sensible posts in these forums regarding the down sides of linking they believe they are on the right track and know better than we do. It’s like bosses and politicians… They say they want your input, you give it, then they do what they want anyway. … and the sun rises again tomorrow…

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Linking is good. Players stacking on one server or another is exacerbating population imbalances is bad. Keep the links but reshuffle linking more frequently.

SBI

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Even better would be to raise the price of transfers to 1800 gems for ALL servers right after the relinking/rebalancing is done. At that price you would be much less likely to have people continuing to bandwagon over to the hosted servers for 500 gems, and keep things balanced longer.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Even better would be to raise the price of transfers to 1800 gems for ALL servers right after the relinking/rebalancing is done. At that price you would be much less likely to have people continuing to bandwagon over to the hosted servers for 500 gems, and keep things balanced longer.

Agreed, but anet is loving that gems over players model.

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

if they rose the gem prices , guilds and players alike would start to use the RMT market more than they already do. The gems are set to compete with the RMT market thus raising the gem prices just for the sake of guilds moving will give way to more problems beyond that of players not being able to play where they want. Its a bit more technical then just Arena Net wanting more money they need to worry about the entire economic system in which gems are utilized for more than just server transfers.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

… and no doubt players would start to be banned. There never will be a good excuse for breaking the rules, and there will be people that report these things… ANet also looks for patterns and limits the amounts etc that people with low number of achievement points can send etc etc. I don’t think that’s a valid reason to not raise transfer prices.
The only reason I can see that ANet isn’t raising prices is so they can continue to get income from the people that continue to transfer around each re-linking.

in WvW

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

50 (one world) vs 100 (two worlds) was not bad in T1

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

… and no doubt players would start to be banned. There never will be a good excuse for breaking the rules, and there will be people that report these things… ANet also looks for patterns and limits the amounts etc that people with low number of achievement points can send etc etc. I don’t think that’s a valid reason to not raise transfer prices.
The only reason I can see that ANet isn’t raising prices is so they can continue to get income from the people that continue to transfer around each re-linking.

You’d be real surprised on how many people actually get away with doing it without a ban.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev