anti stealthspam ghost patch

in WvW

Posted by: Zarthias.3501

Zarthias.3501

I play a thief, and not a “lol i’m immortal because I abuse invisibility” thief. A pistol/dagger survival/bleed thief. I’m not a cheap 1 hit wonder. Today I have been non-stop “failing” to stealth. I use the move, nothing happens. I didn’t have the cd on, it just didn’t work. at all. Is this some bullkitten ghost patch? It’s not funny whatever it is. Class broken basically. I can’t get away from people, I cant stack bleeds fast. I just get to die because stealth won’t work 1/2 the time. bravo.

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Would be nice if they did something about stealth IMO.

in WvW

Posted by: AprilRain.7649

AprilRain.7649

I’ve been experiencing some stealth issues with my mesmer as well – In the sense that it’s not always possible to go from one stealth skill into the other; inspite of appearing as visible for a second or two.

So perhaps they added a cooldown period for stealth?

in WvW

Posted by: Flashlegend.2941

Flashlegend.2941

Are you sure you’re not in stealth? Lately I’ve noticed that the stealth graphics wont go off a good portion of the time when i stealth with my thief but looking at my buffs, I am indeed in stealth. It threw me for a loop at first, I would end up revealing my self because I thought I hadn’t stealthed when I had.

Just make sure you’re paying closer attention to whether or not you have the stealth buff.

Ascosia – Thief
Isles of Janthir
[Hel]Helioz

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I don’t play a stealth class, so maybe I’m way off, but the last day or two It’s seemed as though there has been a bit of delay when I try to use certain abilities. Most noticably my heal skill, and auto attack. Feels like I have to press the key and hold it for a second before they’ll actually work, when just a couple days ago a quick tap did the job.

Not sure, but it could be something to watch for if you’re having stealth problems.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Zarthias.3501

it’s really making me mad. no people keep shooting me, so it’s not a graphic issue. it’s causing me to die about 40x more than usual. If this is some sort of stealth patch. they need to start paying my repair bills.

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

it’s about time imo, if they cannot fix the culling issues

do something about stealth/rendering/something

heck all the QQ you see of the mesmer portal bombs is not because of the skill itself

it’s the fact that you add that on top of the already horrific redendering/culling and you have a broken game

personally speaking, i am hoping ArenaNET devs does something

wuvwuv has been broken for so long it’s time to actually, you know, start working on it instead of letting us in the asylum continue to run amok

run amok

amok

in WvW

Posted by: Yama.9376

Yama.9376

I don’t play a stealth class, so maybe I’m way off, but the last day or two It’s seemed as though there has been a bit of delay when I try to use certain abilities. Most noticably my heal skill, and auto attack. Feels like I have to press the key and hold it for a second before they’ll actually work, when just a couple days ago a quick tap did the job.

Not sure, but it could be something to watch for if you’re having stealth problems.

This is exactly my experience last few days. I thought maybe just a little lag. I have thief and warrior i play in WvW and i felt the number 5 key (charge and c&d) were both sluggish to respond. Utilities too. I didnt have much of problem 1-4 that i recall but 5 which is escape for both toons had to be pushed twice.

Zibzab SBI
Pnt N Lol at Bndwgn Zerg Server[sOLo]
Zergling Hunter [ZILF]

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

You might be in stealth and someone still be able find and kill you, this is how condition necro’s marks work against glass cannons.

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Anyone ever considered the possibility of someone using a ‘latency bomb’?

I too noticed a complete lack of response from certain abilities (not all) during fights against a specific server.

A prime example was when the Garrison was under attack at the SW gate and I was running there to assist. But as soon as I got to the NE gate (that’s like 3500+ units?), my heal ability didn’t respond anymore. I know this because I use it for swiftness (6x Centaur runes). So I find it very strange because there was nobody else in that area as all the fighting was going on at the other end of the Garrison.

And when I got there, it was a battle against members of that particular server. Later I went to a different BL where I fought against a group of the same size and server but I had no problems at all.

This leads me to believe that some individual people may be using third-party programs to lock others out of using certain abilities.

At any rate, it did not feel like lag because some of my abilities (#1-#3) worked fine; but other specific abilities did not (for instance #4-#6 and #10).

Whilst I also agree that these perma-invis issues need to be fixed asap, it also feels that there is something else at work here.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Zarthias.3501

You might be in stealth and someone still be able find and kill you, this is how condition necro’s marks work against glass cannons.

I’m not a glass cannon, I’m a bleed build. I also have condition removal. The stealth isn’t working.

in WvW

Zarthias.3501

Are you sure you’re not in stealth? Lately I’ve noticed that the stealth graphics wont go off a good portion of the time when i stealth with my thief but looking at my buffs, I am indeed in stealth. It threw me for a loop at first, I would end up revealing my self because I thought I hadn’t stealthed when I had.

Just make sure you’re paying closer attention to whether or not you have the stealth buff.

It doesn’t seem like that’s the problem, because people just keep shooting me, but I guess it’s plausible I’m revealing myself because It didn’t work so i try something else.

in WvW

Zarthias.3501

Anyone ever considered the possibility of someone using a ‘latency bomb’?

I too noticed a complete lack of response from certain abilities (not all) during fights against a specific server.

A prime example was when the Garrison was under attack at the SW gate and I was running there to assist. But as soon as I got to the NE gate (that’s like 3500+ units?), my heal ability didn’t respond anymore. I know this because I use it for swiftness (6x Centaur runes). So I find it very strange because there was nobody else in that area as all the fighting was going on at the other end of the Garrison.

And when I got there, it was a battle against members of that particular server. Later I went to a different BL where I fought against a group of the same size and server but I had no problems at all.

This leads me to believe that some individual people may be using third-party programs to lock others out of using certain abilities.

At any rate, it did not feel like lag because some of my abilities (#1-#3) worked fine; but other specific abilities did not (for instance #4-#6 and #10).

Whilst I also agree that these perma-invis issues need to be fixed asap, it also feels that there is something else at work here.

Yeah that’s my thoughts. I can tell when I’m lagging, this isn’t lag. The moves just aren’t working. I’m really glad it’s not just me.

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

I play a thief, and not a “lol i’m immortal because I abuse invisibility” thief. A pistol/dagger survival/bleed thief. I’m not a cheap 1 hit wonder. Today I have been non-stop “failing” to stealth. I use the move, nothing happens. I didn’t have the cd on, it just didn’t work. at all. Is this some bullkitten ghost patch? It’s not funny whatever it is. Class broken basically. I can’t get away from people, I cant stack bleeds fast. I just get to die because stealth won’t work 1/2 the time. bravo.

Welcome to the game the rest of us play. We’ve been waiting patiently.