any sense joining to WvWvW with lvl 33

in WvW

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Hi guys,

this Sunday Morning I was at TP buying some stuff and then in general chat I saw a message that the people in WvWvW calling for help because our ‘sss is kicked’….

I sPvP/tPvPed a lot in GW2 but while my Staff Ele was only lvl 33, I tought i was not ready and I never tried the WvWvW……well I said whatever I will try to give a hand, may be I can do something usefull with my Staff Ele…..

I got the best gear for my lvl, lvl 33 Masterworks, with Toughness/Vitality for armors, Power Healing for the Staff and Power/Crit Damage for Trinkets……

Now finally we are at the keep and the Zerg is there and I go to the wall and drop Meteor Shower and guess what I got a wooping 300 normal hits and 600 crit hits with my MS…..and this is with best available gear for ele in lvl 33….

Then I check the stat sheet to see how the game upscaled me, I see that I got 2000 attack, from my PVP experience, I know that is not crazy number but hitting with 300 damage per strike with MS!!!!!!

Is this normal or the upscaling messes with me? Or a better question does it make any sense to join WvWvW under Lvl 80 char?

Thx for the answers…

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

yeah it sucks since you are basically worth 0.3 lv 80.. but your CCs and combo fields can still make a difference.

in WvW

Posted by: Cyvil.1605

Cyvil.1605

I play WvW with characters under 80. It doesn’t have to make sense, if it is fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I started an ele, got it to lvl 2 in PvE and put her away. Then I saw how a focus ele could stop treb shots and after unlocking all weapon skills brought her to WvW. Now she’s lvl 35 in WvW in just a few weeks with crappy gear. I still haven’t completed the first starter area in PvE.

I may not hit the hardest and die faster than others but there are ways I can and do contribute.

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

Without queues : yes every person is important..

With queues: no you will take a spot of someone lvl 80 who is of a lot more use then your lvl 33 toon.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

My current character is a level 80 elementalist. Starting at level 2, I played him almost enitrely in WvW. I got maybe one more level total out side of WvW.

You can man siege weapons. Those don’t care what level you are. Carry supply. Rez. Any knockdowns and such will work regardless of level.

Just because you’re not DPS’ing like a madman doesn’t mean you can’t contribute.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: Seraphim.3475

Seraphim.3475

I leveled my Mesmer from 15-80 in wvwvw only. I got this game to play against other people. If I want to just play against the computer I’d finish my game of diablo iii

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

On Anvil Rock, I’ve taken all three of my level 80s into WvW at level 2, immediately after character creation story quest. I leveled all 3 to 80 in WvW.

When I organize a leveling zerg in WvW for [ALS], having chosen the correct time and maps on which to do it, I do that using one of my other non-80 characters, and without using a commander tag. We usually start with 10 and end up with 30+ people in the lowbie zerg, and have no trouble using what we have there to do more than spam skill #1.

It often happens that we start out taking the obvious karma/xp objectives, then end up in a brawl or acting as reinforcement to a more serious operation on map.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

First come first served, if you want to play WvW you can whenever you want, you bought the game and having some “elitist” noob tell you get off so someone else can come on isnt on.

Now my guild has asked pugs to move to a different borderland if a guild group was needed on that borderland but it was full, but never has anyone been told to get out of WvW completely.

In fact many people level their characters completely in WvW, I’ve leveled 5 already from 2-80. Only downside is that you will have low spec gear and WvW is pretty slow at making gold, especially with the repair bills, and will take time to be able to get better gear.

Only advice is that WvW is only good at leveling is you are in a zerg and capture points swap regularly, that way you can recap and get the xp quickly. If there isnt a zerg or a camp capping group then you will find you will get little to no xp in WvW and it would be better to level your character in PvE until WvW gets busy again.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

posthumecaver.6473

My current character is a level 80 elementalist. Starting at level 2, I played him almost enitrely in WvW. I got maybe one more level total out side of WvW.

You can man siege weapons. Those don’t care what level you are. Carry supply. Rez. Any knockdowns and such will work regardless of level.

Just because you’re not DPS’ing like a madman doesn’t mean you can’t contribute.

I understand what you mean, I was not expecting to make serious damage but at least I can heal meaningfully or so….

One more question, the arrow charts and so, from their position it seems they are impossible to aim (they are so far behind the door, it is impossible to interact with them then see the enemy and aim to them), I used the treb alot in sPVP but that seemed quite different this arrow charts……..

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

To your original question: Absolutely, join in at any level. Know that you may die more than if you were 80 but that’s ok. Just have fun.

About the arrow carts: Zoom the camera all the way out and angle it so you can see the general area where you want to aim. You don’t need to be able to see the whole area. Just manipulate it so that the green circle is where you want it.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

The arrow carts you just need to be able to see a patch of ground and aim at that.

If the cart is inside a tower or keep you can target the door and it’ll hit people on the other side of it.

If the carts are in wierd places, you’ll need to use camera creatively to get a view of what you want to hit. A lot of times they are put in these places because it’s more difficult to AOE them and destroy them.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

My Meteor Shower hits between 600-1500. So I still think you’re under level. Just be careful when roaming alone.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in WvW

Posted by: loopi.7913

loopi.7913

If they are calling for help and there are no queues you can still make a lot of difference to your team. Don’t forget that siege weapons don’ t care what level you are, they still put out the same dps numbers no matter who is running them. Combo fields, that extra dps, and supply running are all things you can contribute. You will just find it difficult if you roam solo. Get in there and start participating!

Vexinia – Squishee animal wrangler of TC

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I have leveled every character of mine from 2-80 in WvW.

The only reason I go to PvE-land is to pick up skill points. Usually I wait til 30-40 or so to do that and just grab the low hanging fruit and then it’s back to WvW.

Just try to avoid getting caught in a 1v1 and it’s fine.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

posthumecaver.6473

My Meteor Shower hits between 600-1500. So I still think you’re under level. Just be careful when roaming alone.

I don’t know, all my stuff lvl 33 masterwork, I don’t know is there anything better then that for my level?

And tell me one more tip, then thx u all for the answers, I tried to carry supply for the repairs of a wall, but some guy in general chat called we should stop getting supply while they were trying to built something in the castle…..

Now is there an one single source supply on the map (this case was Ethernal Battlegrounds), the supply was spawning on area on the left side of the map between the first keep and some sort of camp…..

I feel like a quite noob abour maps and whole this supply thing….

in WvW

Posted by: loopi.7913

loopi.7913

Read up on this post if you are new to wvw it is invaluable

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/The-Basics-of-WvW-guide-and-more/first#post994854

Remember as a new player you will make some mistakes but everyone does, just stick it out for a bit and you won’t know how you played gw2 without wvw.

Ps. Taking supply from a tower hinders its ability to upgrade since the workers in the tower or keep use the supply in it to upgrade. It’s always a safe bet to just grab your supply from a supply camp nearby. Try not to use the keep/tower supply unless it’s an emergency(ex it’s under attack and then only in defense of it like repairing the gate). Taking supply from your keep once it’s fully upgraded, yaks are still delivering supply to it and it’s not under attack is fine too.

Vexinia – Squishee animal wrangler of TC

in WvW

Posted by: Thoughts.1987

Thoughts.1987

I don’t know, all my stuff lvl 33 masterwork, I don’t know is there anything better then that for my level?

And tell me one more tip, then thx u all for the answers, I tried to carry supply for the repairs of a wall, but some guy in general chat called we should stop getting supply while they were trying to built something in the castle…..

Now is there an one single source supply on the map (this case was Ethernal Battlegrounds), the supply was spawning on area on the left side of the map between the first keep and some sort of camp…..

You want to get supply from supply camps, such as pangloss, speldan etc. They are the little camps you come across that the dolyaks come from. NOT the keep or tower supply. In other words, you gotta walk outside the tower and to get the supply

TFOR – Thoughtsone – Ranger – ET – 80
Golem enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

10 more supply is always welcomed.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Sure..why not. I’ve run lower levels before too. Its no ones business what level toon you wanna run.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Always run with a group then you’re good.

The reason being is I hit underleveled eles in WvW for 2.5k autoattack guardian GS, and I’m a full bunker. .__.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Iris Ng.9845

My ele has all lvl 80 rare. I think the attack powder is calculated based on attribute power+ weapon atk power. I also have 10-25 might stack + fury every time I cast MS. Staff ele is strong in a big group with decent support. If roaming alone, it is better to use d/d build for more mobility.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

I’m used to getting hit for 5k meteor shower crits on my ranger that stacks toughness. Masterwork staff should scale up to 850 weapon damage vs. 1050 for exotic.

(1 – 850/1050) * 100% dps loss or 19%

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage

I don’t think condition damage depends on weapon damage so maybe you could try running a condition build.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_damage

Base condition damage I assume is the same in WvW whether or not you have been scaled up. You lose some condition duration because you can’t fill up your top trait line which is a loss of (1- 110/130) * 100% = 15.4% damage. DPS remains the same though until you reach stack cap which occurs when your first condition or first bleed wears off.

Conditions and mobility would be my advice. You get exp everytime you repair something or build something or tag something that gets killed.

I’ve never done much pre-80 WvW though so other people probably have better insight into what to do.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Iris Ng.9845

Exactly, my warrior friend used to one-shot underleveled eles for 15k. His record is still going strong.

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

Exactly, my warrior friend used to one-shot underleveled eles for 15k. His record is still going strong.

I’ve done that on mine with killshot wearing yellow gear and green jewelry ^^.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Hi guys,

this Sunday Morning I was at TP buying some stuff and then in general chat I saw a message that the people in WvWvW calling for help because our ‘sss is kicked’….

I sPvP/tPvPed a lot in GW2 but while my Staff Ele was only lvl 33, I tought i was not ready and I never tried the WvWvW……well I said whatever I will try to give a hand, may be I can do something usefull with my Staff Ele…..

I got the best gear for my lvl, lvl 33 Masterworks, with Toughness/Vitality for armors, Power Healing for the Staff and Power/Crit Damage for Trinkets……

Now finally we are at the keep and the Zerg is there and I go to the wall and drop Meteor Shower and guess what I got a wooping 300 normal hits and 600 crit hits with my MS…..and this is with best available gear for ele in lvl 33….

Then I check the stat sheet to see how the game upscaled me, I see that I got 2000 attack, from my PVP experience, I know that is not crazy number but hitting with 300 damage per strike with MS!!!!!!

Is this normal or the upscaling messes with me? Or a better question does it make any sense to join WvWvW under Lvl 80 char?

Thx for the answers…

Not sure about the stats as I never paid any attention, however it’s perfectly fine to enter WvW with low level characters. In fact I leveled my Warrior from 1 all the way to 80 exclusively with WvW. It was painful at first, but at the time there was a lot of zerging on CD so it was relatively easy to hide inside the mass of people and collect karma/experience. It’s a nice and fast way to level up, given that the zerg keeps capping towers and camps

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

1. The smart way to play, albeit expensive, is to use seiges. So even if you’re a lowbie, you can use arrow carts/balistas. Report incidents and statuses of areas. It doesn’t mean you have to fight head on w/ another lvl 80.

2. my lvl 6 mesmer beat a lvl 80 character. How? I was hiding in a camp and surprised the enemy. Lesson, being weaker – one must use brains instead of pure brawn. ;3

3. Don’t compare yourself to others. Just have fun. ^,..,^

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

I leveled my ranger from level 3 or 4 to 80 all in WvW. You are going to suck 1 vs 1 or in small group fights but if you get with the zerg… Your level 2 will make more of an impact then some of the levels 80’s in the zerg. lol

Also if you are on a lower tier server you should absolutely go out to the BL’s ! Just the extra bodies help and you can level relatively fast taking lightly defended keeps with a zerg. I just got home from work I’m tired but i think it’s 6k ? exp for a keep and 15K if you take SM.

My opinion, get out to the BL’s and have fun no matter what level you are or gear you have.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I have levelled quite a few toons in wvw and have noticed that there were certain break points where you got weaker as you levelled and then stronger again as you replaced armor etc with the next set up. Being level 4-10 on some toons gives you huge HP!

The problems are crit rate doesn’t scale at all well, toughness tends not to either, which means you won’t be making many crits which makes your damage look weak. Certain classes are also much more dependent on their trait trees than others and will be a lot weaker in wvw because they don’t have the necessary traits.

There are so many ways you can be useful in wvw and clock up karma etc, especially as a staff ele in defences as you should click karma every 3 minutes in long defences.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

One more question, the arrow charts and so, from their position it seems they are impossible to aim (they are so far behind the door, it is impossible to interact with them then see the enemy and aim to them)

Things to remember about arrow carts:

1. They are AoE and can penetrate walls and rocks. You can target the inside of a gate and roughly half of your arrows will do damage to players and siege on the other side.

2. You can target the outside lip of a wall and roughly half of your arrows will hit whatever is on the outside (within the half of the green circle that you can’t see).

3. Arrows from arrow carts fall all the way to the ground no matter the height from they originate. You can target the edge of a cliff and still hit players far below that you cannot see or otherwise reach.

4. The damage from arrow carts is independent of your own personal specs.

5. Clever siege placement can often hold off far greater numbers and make a huge contribution to your server.

And as one of the posters above stated, you don’t need to target the arrow cart as if you were actually positioned right by it. Pan your camera view as far back as you can and twist/contort your view as much as you can in order to target difficult places. If you can see a spot and it is within range, you can do damage there.

By the way, catapults placed behind gates have a similar effect. You simply aim them at the gate and the splash damage penetrates the gate as AoE to anything in close proximity on the far side.

It is often the case on my server during off peak hours that there is more defensive siege in place than there are players to man them during an attack. The lowest level player on the board becomes gold in such situations.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]